The Brickpoor service.

M

Ordered a $2100.00 range with $129.00 extended warranty.
Paid in full.
Five weeks later no range. Call to enquire. They don't have any indication it was even ordered.
Ask them to look for it. They will get back to us.
Another week goes by, no word. Call again.
They had no indication we had asked them to look for it. They will get back to us.
Days go by, call again. They have sent an email It will take a "week...or two before an answer can be expected" They will get back to us.
Go in to speak with manager. They have "options" for us.
We can take the floor model, or we can take our money and leave.
We take our money and leave.

• Ay
    Ayan Dec 06, 2006

I have purchased a sofa, loveseat, and ottoman. When delivered Nov. 30/2017, all of them were damaged. The sofa cushions and arm rest were saggy; all foot boards were scratched and damaged; the ottoman has a zipper at the bottom which was broken, the ottoman also had black pen written on it. The delivery men just delivered and left, very rude and in a rush. After reading their delivery policy on on their website, it states that: If you have purchased delivery, a SETUP service is included: Upholstery Placement, attachment of legs and/or backs (recliners) and packaging removed. None of that was done for me; I had to do it myself. I contacted customer service dept. at the store within half an hour of delivery, and told them about the damages. They told me they would have to send a technician to confirm this, and the earliest they could send one will be on Tuesday. Further more they said, the tech will call me at some point on that day to let me what time he's coming between the hours of 9-5. That is very very inconvenience for me. I asked if he could come tomorrow Dec 1st, they said no. I then spoke to a sales manager, after I addressed my issues, he said he'll have a new set delivered. He then phoned me back to say that will not be possible and that I will have to wait until Tuesday for the tech to come. I told him that I’m really unhappy with the product and service, and that I would like to return them. He told me to call back in the morning and speak to the operations manager. The customer service rep I spoke to did not give me many options and when I told her I want to return the items and get a refund, she told me I can't, but once the tech confirms the damages I can get a replacement. The sales manager told me he'll look into the issue and have a new set delivered since I have just received the items and they are damaged; he then phoned me and told me the same thing as the customer service rep did or to call back tomorrow and speak to the operations manager. I asked what the return policy is, he told me to read at the back of my invoice (very unhelpful). The invoice I was given does not have anything written on the back. I just can not sit around and wait for almost one week for someone to call me, to tell me what time they will come between 9-5, for my NEW furniture. I am really really upset and this is by far below my expectations of the Brick products and services, as I have purchased a couple of times from the Brick before. One would think after spending over $2500, then will get a better product and/or service. I need these items returned as soon as possible, and I need some sort of compensation for all this inconvenience. I would like to continue to be The Brick customer, but I am afraid if this issue is not resolved quickly, I might have to take my business elsewhere, where it is more appreciated.

I called the store the next morning and spoke to Carlos - the Operations Manager. He was very understanding of my situation, and said I could come in and select something else. I went in to the store that same day, spent about 2 hours to select something else. After I made my selection (INVOICE# 120164N0563001), I was told at the moment the sofa was not in stock, but the loveseat and chair were available. I was advised that all items will be available in stock on December 18th. I said that was ok, and booked a delivery date for December 23rd. We also booked for the damaged items to be picked up on Tuesday, December 5th.
    Even though I was still unhappy with the whole situation, I told myself no one is perfect and that mistakes do happen. The only reason I told myself that, was because I have purchased things from the Brick two times before and I didn't encounter any problems.
    I have asked my husband to stay from work today and wait for the delivery guys to pick up the items. I was willing to sit on the floor until my order comes on December 23rd.
    However, I just received a call from a rep from the store, I believe his name was Adrian. He called to say that the items I have ordered will not be available in stock for December 23rd. I was very very very upset, this is unacceptable, after all I have been through. I told him noway, and that the loveseat and chair were in stock, it was only the sofa that wasn't. He was replied "Well if that is the case then why don't I have it here", very unprofessional. That made me even more upset. I asked to speak to Carlos. He said he's not sure if Carlos was in, and that Carlos will not be able to do anything because the items are not in stock. He said I would have to keep the damaged items I have now, until my new items become available. Though, I was upset, unhappy, and disappointed again, I asked him when will I receive my order? He said he was unsure when the items will be available in stock, but probably after Christmas or so. I told him, sometime after Christmas is not good enough for me, and this is very inconvenience. Furthermore, he said a lot of things go wrong around Christmas since it is a very busy time, from his experience, since he's been with the company for 8 years. I told him after Christmas could be January, Feb. etc. I am not accepting that.
    I am really very disappointed with your services. I had never thought a company as big as the Brick could be so unreliable. If I wanted this kind of service I could have gone to one of those small furniture stores and paid probably half the price. I also thought, since I had bought from the Brick before, you guys were reliable, both product and service. So far, I have been proven wrong. I can understand one mistake with one order, but this is just a nightmare that is not going away.
    My husband stayed from work for no reason now. If they had called/left a message on the voice mail in the morning advising no one will be coming, he could have gone to work later and not lose a whole day's pay. I am sure the Brick will not reimburse.
    It is really bad for me to receive this kind of service or treatment; specially if I am spending over $4000; it is not like I am getting this for free.
    I would like someone to follow up on this, as no one in the store seems to care. It is like; once I made the purchase no one cares. I am the one stock with the unsatisfactory service and product. I am sure this is not what the Brick stands for. I feel ripped off.
    I should receive some compensation for all of these troubles and inconveniences. I really hope to hear from someone who could resolve this for me.

• Ka
    Karen Apr 14, 2008

I've recently purchased three new stainless steel appliances. They were delivered on time however; the delivery people were extremely rude. Or I should say one of them. First off, they didn't even cover their boots, walked all over my carpets, second made a face and a comment when I asked them if they could bring my old appliances in the garage on the way out. They did manage to bring the stove out but when it came to the fridge (which is the same size as my new one) they turned around and said "NO" and left it in the middle of my dinning room. The worst part is his comment. As he lifted the fridge he said how disgusting the bottom of it was. I've moved my fridge to clean the floor however, I can't bend my fridge to go clean and vacuum the dust that is trapped inside where the motor is. As well, for my dishwasher, I know they don't have to hook it up but they could've put it in its place instead of in the middle of my living room. And to top it all of, my new fridge has a long scratch along the black paint on the side of it.

I swear that I will never buy from this company again. I think it's sad because they have a lot of really nice stuff but I will not tolerate ignorant people like that especially when I am spending thousands of dollars.

• Bo
    Bob Jul 26, 2008

I think if you went down to the Brick and complained to the Store Manager about the way his deliverymen treated you, they may find themselves reprimanded or without a job. Keep in mind maybe the manager is looking for a way to fire these clowns and your complaint may be the icing on the cake.

No manager wants to see his customers treated this way. He wants your business.

• Di
    displeased Apr 30, 2009

After reviewing complaints against the brick, i, too now join the ranks of canadians who will no longer spend my hard earned money at a store that treats its customers in such unsatisfactory fashion.
    Too many issues to list here but my one observation is that staff, service and product quality are all lacking.
    Since this style of mismanagement of every basic skill set is country wide at the brick it must be the training and practices that head office is deeming acceptable if not mandating.
    With this style of business practices, the brick will soon be joining other companies who will not be surviving this recession because customers will smarten up and only spend money where they will receive value for money and demand respect as customers and unless employees take a stand for better customer practices they will also be joining the ranks of the unemployed.

• Dl
    dlden Jun 11, 2009

after buying a matt and box spring on line which was to come with a free 42 inch Plasma tv,
    still no tv ordered April 14 now well into June after many e mails which the brick do not reply to
    now the product on line has been reduced by $400 i have sent over s dozen e mails asking about there advertised per web site

The Price Guarantee on all sleep sets is extended to 90 days of delivery or pick-up of the sleep set plus an additional 10% of the difference between the price you paid for your purchase from us and the price advertised by us or a competitor for the same brand or model.

is this company for real or is we have your money now forget about the customer

• Ho
    Hofstetter Jun 11, 2009

try ### on it.

• Se
    seedog Jul 17, 2009

If you type in "Leons", "Bad Boys", "Future Shop" and the countless other corperate wide stores that exist you will find lists of complaints.

Unfortunately after reading the complaints of many of these people I learned something else. Everything they have experience is the company's fault..no one takes ownership of their own presumtions and the fact that they didn't take it upon themselves to educate themselves about their product before they purchased it. I just find it a little too convenient that everyone get to blame all these companies without taking any of the blame upon themselves.

Why can't people take it upon themselves to be a more educated consumer? Sales consultants are there to sell..they aren't there to educate unless the customer takes it upon themselves to ask. I chose to respond to you over some of the other responces because you don't appear to make this out to be as much of a witch hunt as others.

• Si
    silver98 Sep 06, 2009

We bought 6 pcs. Dinnette from The Brick with protection plan of 5 yrs. in Oct 2017, and after delivery noticed that one of the Chair Leg is not good. Leg was not fixed improperly in the frame, we called them and Brick Rep took pictures and assure that soon you will get the new chair leg for your chair. After 2 months leg arrived from China but when packaged was opened found that they sent wrong colored chair? on that discovery when contacted customer service they told us that its not a problem we will ask quick delivery of new one on Sep 4 finally new package came and they called to pick up. However this time they sent both left legs but right color not the Right side leg which was required?
    Its about a year and Brick failed to honor guarantee service on our dinetee for which we have already paid under protection plan.

• Ou
    Our Poor Children Feb 07, 2010

I have been a customer at The Brick now for about 10 years or more. A couple of years ago I purchased a sofa set, two bedroom sets, a plasma television and some other small accessories, we were quite happy with the overall quality of the products, but I must say that the quality of the service was not pleasant. We experienced missing parts and delayed delivery dates, not to mention the unpleasant attitude of the delivery men. Our walls in our home were scraped on an above average scale.

I have once again made another purchase at the same Brick department store and experienced a much greater problem than before. We were assured by the sales lady that we would recieve our bedroom set and our children's bedroom set for sometime ( in the first week of January at the time of the sale which was mid December) The furniture was instead two weeks late and on arrival we were surprised to see that only half was delivered, leaving our two children sleeping on matresses on the floor with no dressers to store their clothes. We also experienced excessive damage to the furniture, walls and our hardwood floors. A complaint was made immediately at customer sevice so they scheduled us in for a repair man which has cancelled on us several times costing us time. We are almost halfway through February and we still have not recieved our furniture nor have the damages have been repaired.

This letter only explaines a small fraction of what we have been through. We hope that there is someone curtious enough somewhere in your department to respond to this complaint.

In your response we would ask you to give my family and I one good reason why our next purchase should be at The Brick.

E-MAIL [protected]@live.ca

Sarah and John

• Pi
    Pikalinsd Mar 13, 2010

I purchased a $4000++ kid bedroom set. It was delivered without the bottom floor of the drawer (the drawer under the bed)AND they delivered the wrong mirror. FINE..I call, complain...ok, they will deliver the correct mirror, but I must pick up the drawer's bottom floor at the store. GREAT. NOW THE HELL STARTS. They tell me they will come from 10 to 1 pm on Friday...we waited until 7:20 pm...no delivery. We called numerous times...at 3 pm, they said...it will be there in 2 hours...ha! The next day I call to reschedule...delivery time is from 2:30 til 10 pm on Saturday...no delivery, no calls back, no one answers the phone, when they do, they hang up...wonderful delivery service!!! Then they reschedule for Wednesday...with a note that they must call one hour prior to coming...they show up without calling...good thing I was home...the mirror gets installed AGAIN and I realize that the mirror has an internal black spot right in the middle...WONDERFUL...again, I call, complain, and when the drawer bottom arrives for my pick up, I will go out of my way to return the mirror and get the new mirror as well...only because I refuse to wait a 5th time for a delivery and waste all my time and get frustrated for their poor service and quality control. I doubt I will ever purchase again from them until there is some type of proof that their delivery program has drastically improved!

• Kg
    KGrrr Jul 10, 2010

Possibly call them and let them know you'd like a whole new chair delivered?? It should be covered.

• Di
    Dice Jul 22, 2010

I bought a new home and moved in on June 1st 2017, On May 15th 2017, I ordered a Sectional Couch, table with 6 chairs and a king size bed with box spring. I was told it would be delivered On June 15th, we accepted that and said we would make due for the 2 weeks without. So far all we received was our king size bed (that we picked up ourselves), The couch didn't come until the start of July then on July 10 they brought 2 end chairs from my table and chair set. I've been waiting almost 3 months and I still do not have my table and chairs. I called in over 4 time asking when my furniture will arrive, they keep telling me that it will come next week but it never does. So today I called in and asked for a discount or a credit for dealing with such poor customer service and for the fact that its been 3 months and I still do not have my table/chairs. The manager was very rude over the phone and said "it was not her problem" and she will do nothing to help me out. She said no credit will be applied because I will continue to call in asking for a credit. If a credit is given to me today then she will have to keep giving me a credit every week it's late. She basically told me to keep waiting, she doesn't know when I will get my table and chair set and there is nothing she can do about it. I've already made 3 monthly payments on my furniture. **Do not buy from The Brick** They have poor customer service, they don't care about you after they have made their sale. They will not give you a discount or help you out in anyway. I'm still left wondering if I will ever get my table and chair set. I will never buy from the Brick ever again!!

• Mo
    money making scams Oct 28, 2010

Never ever buy anything from the brick!!! I bought a sofa set and first of all waited 2 months to receive them. Then my cushions started to rip apart I called them to check it out they looked at them and never sent a request for new ones. I then 2 weeks later contacted them for new cushions and were told I would receive them in 90 days. A year later I called them back and no order put in. They said all we can do is send anther technican in. Now I have to wit another 3 months or thats what they make you believe, atleast.

• Pa
    Palmer Nov 30, 2010

On Friday November 12, I ordered dining table/chair set from the Brick. Today, on November 29, I am still waiting to get it. On 3 separate occasions, the Brick have delivered either broken furniture or the wrong replacement parts. At first attempt the table was broken and the chairs could not be assembled by one person using the material supplied: A technician had to be called to put the chairs together and he attested to the fact that they could not be assembled without two people and power tools.

The first attempt to replace the broken table was met with a customer service assistant trying to tell me I would have to wait for a technician to inspect the table, write a report and then submit it to The Brick, they would then decide what to do about it. When I said this was unacceptable, since the table was only just out of the box, the assistant relented and agreed to send a replacement. When the delivery arrived, they had sent the wrong part. Skip forward another few days, and when they (again) came to collect the broken table it transpired that they had forgotten to load the replacement onto the truck. The third attempt to replace the table resulted in another broken table being delivered, only this time worse than before!

Having wasted countless hours on this, my complaint to the Brick was met with unsophisticated attempts to pacify me, but with no real interest in offering anything meaningful by way of trying to make this situation right. They would not commit to being able to deliver an undamaged table on a set time-frame because it was a Saturday that I complained. Absolutely the WORST experience I have ever had shopping for furniture. I guess if you are lucky and get a good item delivered then that's okay, but if you ever have problems with this band of jokers, well, watch out.

• Tu
    tubz187 May 04, 2011

I have spent thousands of dollars with your company. I have realized that when it comes to me purchasing something I have the best treatment possible. When I have an issue that needs to be rectified no one cares.

I have left several messages with you Heartland Brick location [protected]) and no one ever calls back. I have a defective mattress and have called in over 10 times to see what the procedure is to get either this fixed or replaced. I was told if there is a stain on the mattress that I would have to get it professionally cleaned before a technician can come out and look at it. I did! I paid $100 to a cleaning company to clean it. The minor stain never came out. I was also advised by someone at the Brick that is the stain is not removed just show the receipt that I have attempted to get the mattress cleaned and that will be good enough. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I have been sent around in circles and no one cares. I spent close to $1300 on this mattress which I can’t sleep on as it is sloped in the middle and has ripped around the edges. The mattress is less than 2 yrs old. So now I sleep on my couch which I also purchased form you guys

• Ri
    Ripped Off The Brick May 25, 2011

Purchased a couch set from the Brick in 2017. Explained that I had 6 children and needed something durable. The salesperson suggested a leather couch and showed us an array of different couches in different price ranges. He sold us 2 leather couches but failed to tell us or explain what "Bonded Leather" was. Well 2 yrs later they are falling apart and are soon to be ready for the garbage. When I called about the warranty I was told that no it would not be honored because it only covers the construction of the couch so, so much for the "blanket warranty" they sold me which had 5yrs coverage.
    The Sales Manager was not only rude he told me to prove I was mislead and that this is the 1st complaint he has ever had in 9 yrs at The Brick which I find very hard to believe.
    DO NOT buy bonded leather it looks nice and stays nice...if you don't use it. What a scam.

jandd Jun 01, 2011

We purchased a couch, loveseat and recliner at the Brick in 2017. It was clearance and in the store but we paid almost $2017 for the set so it wasn't cheap. Upon delivery we noticed the sofa was extremely uncomfortable to sit on. The loveseat was still in its wrapping and we called the Brick because we wanted to return the set. We would deliver it, it had been in our home for less than 12 hours at this time. They refused and said they made it clear that it was nonreturnable even for store credit. That was our mistake but I do think it is a poor policy. Anyway, as time went on the couch became more uncomfortable and we notice the recliner was sagging as well as had a stain on the arm we couldn't get out. We had purchased the 5 year warranty for all parts, service and stains so I called the Brick on Jan.6, 2017. They sent someone out on Jan. 11, 2017 who took pictures and said it looks like the chair will need to be repaired or replaced. I am still waiting for "the Part" 9 weeks later. They refused to do anything about the stain unless I pay money and have it professionally cleaned. I was told quite bluntly that they are not a cleaning service!! That professional cleaning is to be out of my pocket. They are still looking into why the part that was supposed to come in 2 to 3 weeks has taken 9. There is no response to my couch. It is impossible to sit on one end as it sags and is extremely uncomfortable. We think something is wrong with the springs. I have never received the run around like this from a company before. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told that she was a manager and would be told the same thing no matter who I talked to. There must be something that can be done. I am really frustrated and want to warn people to beware of the Brick!

• Bc
    bchoo Jul 12, 2011

I went to 2 different brick's and not one of them tried to help me out. I was looking for help and i was ready to buy the days i was there but no one. I can maybe live with the poor service but then i send a not to their "customercare" center and it has been 3 days with no response from them at all. I guess it is from the top down that they don't give a crap about their customers.

chebonak Jul 23, 2011

I bought new stove from the brick (most expensive one in the store I might add) with extended warranty and when it arrived it didn't work and no instruction manual. I went back to the store the next day to get a manual and they didn't have any and said that they would get one for me and send it through the mail. It's been 7 weeks...no manual. I still don't know how to use the damn thing. Not that it matters because it was broken. The oven wouldn't turn on and I would get an error message. I call the brick who gave me another # to call, who gave me another #, who directed me to another #, after the 5th number I find out I’m not considered city of Ottawa and they won't send a technician out. (I live 10mins from the damn place). So I had to deal with the manufacture that sent a tech out to say...”YEP it's broken”. He ordered parts that are on back order. The brick (innes rd) hasn't returned any phone calls and I’m going on 7.5 weeks without a stove. Why sell me the extended warranty if your not willing to service my appliances in my area??????.

What I will say is I got a great deal and was very happy with the purchase price...but I take it back cuz I rather pay extra for one that works.

What i will say is I got a great deal and was very happy with the purchase price...but i take it back cuz i rather pay extra for one that works.

• Ts
    tschneider Jul 23, 2011

I bought a sofa less that a year ago. It was a modular system and 2 of the five pieces started to disintegrate in about 6 months. I had to send several emails, call and fight to get them to honor the manufacturer’s warrantee. Because they don't sell this piece of ### anymore they couldn't replace the pieces and because the disintegration happened in the middle of the seats they couldn't repair. The best they could do was a store credit minus a " restocking" fee. (Not sure what they're restocking since they don't sell the system anymore but anyway). We spent a day driving down and picking out a new couch, arranging a delivery for a week later (since their delivery system won't give a time of day until the day of and we have jobs this was the best they could do). The delivery guys call on the day of to tell us delivery will be that night (well beyond the hours they had given us at the store and outside our elevator booking hours). We tell them so they say they’ll "try" to come earlier. They end up calling out of the blue at 3pm to say they'll be there in 3 or 4 minutes only to show up with a broken couch and ask me if I want it or not. Broken like a piece of the wood frame was broken off. Soooo customer service has now refused to arrange a delivery in a window where we or our elevators are available for booking and they refuse to give is a refund. Now I have a broken couch, I've paid extra for a new couch that they are refusing to deliver when we can be home and are allowed to book an elevator. This has easily been the worst experience with a store ever and I can’t wait to be done with The Brick. Once I have this sorted out I will NEVER set foot in another Brick store as long as I live. THE BRICK SUCKS! Ps. Here's a picture of how much original couch pieces were disintegrating.

Comments

Maggot1955 Jul 27, 2011

I purchased a recliner chair at the brick two months ago. With very limited use the recliner was falling apart.

I had it two months and during that time I worked Monday to Friday 7 AM to 4:30 PM.
    I played 50 rounds of golf and worked approximately another 2 hours per day in my studio.
    I actually did not have much time to sit in this chair.
    This chair was of very poor workmanship and I did not want another one like it.
    I wanted to get an instore credit and purchase a higher quality chair and was only offered less than half the purchase price of the chair.

• Ad
    adventureden Oct 01, 2011

I own a small business and we wash blankets and towels 4-5 times a day. So I went to the brick and told the sales accociate what I need a washer and dryer and why I needed it. I spent over an hour in the store with him discussing the different options. I chose a set that he said would work great for a business. I paid $2017 for them and an added 5yr warranty. 4 months in the washer decides to stop working and floods the place. I call the warranty department and they say that we are not covered because we are a business and washers aren't designed to be used 4-5 times a day and that we should have bought a commercial washer. I call the store and ask to speak to manager and she said that this was correct. I asked why he suggested this and sold us a 5 year warranty, her response was you can get a refund for the 5 yr warranty but I can not do a refund for the washer. So now i'm stuck with a $2017 washer & dryer that will break down and cost me $200 a month to service. Had I been informed that this washer was not designed for business use I would not have spent that kind of money! They say it is not their problem and I should come and buy a commercial washer! Go f* yourselves! And train your staff about washers before you steal money from small businesses!!

• Cl
    client Dec 14, 2011

Left voice mail August 11th - no response.
    Sent 2 emails to customer service. No response. Attached below.

Hi, I haven't received a response to my email sent August 11, 2017. I have to say thank you for making my shopping choices easier. Today I purchased a new washing machine. It was NOT from the brick store. Within the next 2 weeks I will be purchasing a new mattress it will NOT be from the brick. One of the people inconvenienced by this faux pas bought a new condo and is purchasing new appliances. They will NOT be from the brick.

I will NOT be purchasing the extended warranty on my dime. So, if anything goes wrong with this fridge in the next 5 years I will be circulating this email throughout the appropriate social network.

No longer a brick customer

• Le
    lex11men Nov 28, 2012

I bought a bed frame on Sept, 2017 and just after a week the frame is making an uncorfortable noise every time you move. Even just turning your body slowly still.
    I made a complain and they send a technician on Oct 24. They said they going to order a parts to be able to fix it. So I waited, but it is really getting very uncomfortable using our bed, so I called back, Nov 28, to follw up, but they said they are still waiting for authorization. I ask them to where can I return the product they said they cannot re3fund my money because it was already after 7 days.
    Can you help me about this?
    I just want my money back.

• Cs
    csmanager Jan 07, 2013

The Brick, Abbotsford Stay away!!! No Customer Service, Damaged Product.

We purchase a TV Console/Entertainment unit on Dec 23, 2017 as we looked everywhere for a glass door unit for our components. The sales man processed our order and we chose to pick up and were told it would be available Friday Dec 28, 2017. Sales man was unsure if it was knock-down or fully built as we needed to know which vehicle to bring. I called 3 times on Friday Dec 28 and was lied to everytime…11am was told the trailer would be finished in 2 hrs. 4pm was told it was technically there, but not off loaded. 7:30 pm was told that they were just going to call me, another lie. Husband went down to pick-it up the unit Saturday Dec 29, 2017 as was told they would call when they found the unit. My husband spoke to the Store Manager Donny who was in no hurry to find the unit and offered $50.00 credit for the inconvenience. When my husband called from the store I was livid. I am a customer service manager with 20 years of customer service training and managed a home-furnishing department for years including the receiving department. I have even worked at the Logistics center associated with customer deliveries. When I called the store I spoke to the operations manager Tony that kept repeating that they are busy and will find it when they have time; that my husband already spoke to Donny and agreed to have it delivered Dec 31, 2017. I stated what kind of customer service is that, stating Friday it was ready, but we can’t have it. I wanted to originally speak to Donny, but he was with a customer. I waited on hold till he was available. When I finally spoke to him he said he already made arrangements with my husband, I told him it wasn’t good enough. I told him I was lied to 3 times on Friday waiting for it to be off loaded and now we can’t pick it up. He promised he would find it for me with in 2 hrs. He called back within half hour that they found it. (to make it more frustrating the unit would not fit our car as it was fully assembled. We had a truck available to us on Friday, not Saturday. Luckily, another friend was available with their van.) We get it home only to find that the top front corner is completely smashed despite having a foam corner. I believe in their haste to find it they dropped it on the corner, irresponsible. I called Donny back and he was going to give me another credit to keep it. I refused as the corner was smashed 3 inches inward. I requested an exchange and asked for it to be delivered. He stated that he would deliver it and have the unit brought to the store, I want the company delivery service he refused. He said that Friday Jan 4, 2017 he would deliver it between 7pm-9pm and said if we could pick it up which he preferred so HE WON”T BE INCONVENIENCED!! He offered another credit amount and stated a larger amount if we picked it up. I said I would call him Friday Jan 4, 2017 to confirm. We kept this monster size box over New Years in our hallway, A HUGE OBSTACLE TO MOVE AROUND IT. I called Friday Jan 4 to confirm the time he was delivering and this is when Donny again flipped his lid. He said “he is NOT WASTING HIS TIME DELIVERING IT TONIGHT AS HE WAS OFF AT 5PM.” (Yes, you read correctly he again stated how his time is more valuable than ours is.) He continued to freak out when I was going to give him my credit card for my adjustment. He denied he was giving me one, He continued to argue with me, then he said that he would give me an amount, but I would have to come into the store to get it and he would deliver the unit Saturday when it was convenient for him. (This infuriated me even more, why do I have to go to the store to get a credit…talk about huge inconvenience.) He also refused to give my husband the credit when he went there the first time stating my name wasn’t on the card. (He’s an idiot as husband and wives have different numbers on their credit cards and are linked to one account.) We went to the store Saturday Jan 5, 2017 late morning when it was convenient for us. My husband pointed out the Store Manager Donny that almost ran into me when we were walking in. He refused to come to information counter and only spoke threw the phone to the new young switchboard girl. Thank God, he remembered my conversation and gave us the agreed amount credit. It took the new girl about an hour to complete the credit, as she was so new she didn’t know how. She told me that the operations manager Tony that I met was also new, Tony in too young again to know what customer service is. I demanded to see the unit, while my husband was in the store calling all his friends to see if he could use their trucks again, but no luck. We had to put a day pass on our truck to get the damaged unit out of our house and pick up the new one. When I finally got my credit and walked over to loading dock, I was appalled. Having managed a receiving/customer pick up dock I realized how our unit got damaged. Their dock was loaded from the front bay door to the back of the dock, nothing organized, merchandise unsafely stacked and nothing marked with customer names, there was only 2-foot aisle for them to walk to the back of the dock. We check over the unit and there was no major damaged. We left told the receiver to guard it so It wouldn’t get damaged and returned with the truck. While we were there several more customers were told to come back, they too were pissed off. We returned, off loaded the damaged one, rewrapped the new unit in foam and cardboard, and took it home. We unwrapped it and notice scratches and scraps on the sides of the unit, but we can live with this, as the stress of the incompetent staff at the Brick in Abbotsford is too much. Luckily, I know how to fix those scratches. It was a stressful couple of weeks for incompetence over the holiday season, STAY AWAY FROM THE BRICK, and another bad retailer is COAST APPLIANCES-Abbotsford-no customer service either for their mistakes.
    I always knew the Brick for their bad reputation, but all this over a TV Console/Entertainment unit; takes it to the extreme.
    STICK TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERTS LIKE THE BAY AND SEARS, they value their customers.

• Sg
    sgtpiovesan Nov 23, 2013

Good luck...We are also suffering the BRICKS customer services. The future is not bright