The Bedroom SourceNo refund

F

On January 27th, my husband and I purchased a bedroom set for our daughters from The Bedroom Source in Lindenhurst. We put a down-payment of $994.00 for the order. The next day we realized this was more money than we should be spending on a bedroom set right now, so we called our salesperson to cancel the order. We were assured it was not a problem, and was told we would receive our refund paperwork in the mail that week. Two weeks passed and nothing. I called our salesperson back. She apologized profusely. She said she notified the store manager, and said the order was definitely cancelled, and our refund would be issued that week. Another week passed. I emailed them this time, to being a paper trail. Explained the situation. Asked that the refund be issued by Monday or I would have to dispute the charge with my credit card company. No phone call, no response to my email. So I contacted my credit card company and began the long, drawn out dispute process. I tried calling The Bedroom Source again. I was told by the receptionist to speak to Phil (the store manager), but he had left for the day. So I left a long message explaining what was happening, and begged him to please just refund our money. Once again, I did not receive a return phone call to even acknowledge the problem. The dispute process is still underway, but I would caution everyone never to do business with a company who has no problem canceling an order, but seems to have sticky fingers when it comes to returning your money.

• Do
    donnie burg Jun 29, 2013

We walked in the store excite and happy to find that they had carried one of the furniture we had been searching for our daughter. We were greeted by a salesperson name Steve. We quickly discovered that he had a nasty attitude and lectured us while raising his voice. when my wife had asked a general question regarding the furniture he gave my wife a sarcastic remark and kept cutting her off when she was speaking. He didn't care and treated us as if he didn't want our business...by the way the furniture set wasn't cheap...$1500. Good thing we found it on amazon. I can't believe he was a floor salesman? Definitely not a people person more like a person that enjoy insulting and talking down others. I kept my cool and gave him the benefit of the doubt and maybe this guy had a bad day soon enough he spoke to me the same way and made a general insulting remark about wifes that they are too much. As if I was suppose to relate with what he was saying. He clearly had no interest in making a sale...Dude I'm in the sales market, I could think of 100 other guys I would hire before you. I guess your probably a bother to the owner otherwise the boss should had taught him some manners. The showroom looked clean, a word of an advise make sure to ask who your salesperson name and if it's Steve, I would try to work with someone else otherwise it will leave you with a bad experience and not worth spending your money. BAD ADDITUTE!. Left me with a BAD TASTE!