The Back Porch BarReprehensible behavior condoned by management!

L

I will never go to this establishment, and I highly recommend that people stay away. The door guy has serious anger issues (and a napoleon complex). The management supports this attitude. I was told that I could not park my car in front of the bar, and when I asked the door guy why I could not, since there was no sign or cone preventing me from doing so, he responded that it was "vip, deal with it, like I'm gonna let a [censored]ing acura park there." I'm not kidding. At a little neighborhood bar in a strip mall in Stone Oak...

After parking the car in another parking lot, I waited in line for five minutes to be told by the same door guy to go to the end of the line. Apparently he thinks women should not ask questions, and wanted to "teach me a lesson" for questioning his parking lot authority. When I told him he was letting his ego get in the way of thinking clearly, he told me he would have me arrested if I did not leave.

I asked to speak to the owner, he told me he was the owner. I told him that I knew who the owner was. I then tried to walk past him and open the door to tell the owner how poorly his staff was behaving, and the door guy shoved me out of the way, and threatened to arrest me again. I was able to get another gentleman working the door named Walter to tell the minority interest owner Terren what was going on. Walter came outside a few minutes later and told me that Terren said the door guy makes the decisions and that what he said goes. I left a message for the owner to call me, and of course he doesn't have the integrity to call me. The only person that I came into contact with who was in any way civilized was the younger door guy Walter. He apologized, but said the owner would not come outside to do so himself.

This behavior is reprehensible and just plain bad business. Stay away from this place. There are too many other businesses who know quality service and are eager to take your money.

• Ri
    Richard Quick Esq. Mar 30, 2008

That's unacceptable behavior from the help and should not be tolerated. It never happens to me, even when I take the Porsche and drive myself. I'm sure that never would have happened if you were in a more expensive car and were more attractive.

Have you considered finding a wealthy man and having some work done? He did you a favor as you're not going to find the kind of man you need at a place called the Back Porch Bar.

johnny Jun 17, 2008

you should call tabc and file a complaint

• Bi
    bigsmellyman Jul 17, 2008

sounds like the doorman needs his attitude adjusted

• Mi
    mike Oct 08, 2008

First of all you should respect all door staff. they sit at the door and deal with idiots like you. second the moment you pull names out. you suck all together. the door guy has to sit at the door and deal with people like you all the time has to deal with all the problems that you never see. while people like you get to have fun, but then wen it's you butt being kicked you need them to save your ###.( think about it) people like you are the prob... p.s. I would let you or your p.o.s. car in my place either!!!

• Ro
    Ron Jan 26, 2009

Mike, You must be the "Napoleon" door man himself. Have respect for females instead. Doormen get paid to deal with idiots or not, they took the job so like it or find another job. If you continue to treat customers wh0 help pay your salary, there won't be an establishment for you to collect from. I'm glad she pulled names out, people need to be held accountable for how stupid they act, especially toward women.
    Anyways this isn't the only complaint against this bar, they probably won't be open very much longer.

• We
    Wes Denton Mar 18, 2009

For some reason it seems like all laws of civil rights are completely left unobserved at this establishment. After being stuck in a porta potty, I tried desperately to get out. After finally dislodging the lock on the door, i was met by a Bexar County Sheriff Officer who grabbed my arm without asking any questions and escorting off the propoerty. I returned to ask the officer's identifying infomation only to my assaulted by the "doorman". I was thrown to the ground and handcuffed. I was detained without any explanation of cause while my pockets were picked by a person who was not authorized to drive my vehicle and it was moved from the Blockbuster lor where it was parked. My cell phone was removed from my pocket, a cab was called (without my authorization) and I was threatened to either take the cab or go to jail. I took the cab to the adjoining lot and tipped the cab driver for being kind enough to put up with the officer's demands. I then finally located my vehicle (which was moved to an undisclosed location) and drove home. I demanded a breathalizer test while waiting for a cab which I was denied even though the sheriff's officer claimed I was intozicated. I plan on filing formal complaints for failure to disclose information regards to the officer's information, unauthorized use of a vehicle, unlawful detainment, assault (in regards to the doorman's conduct), unlawful detainment and failure to indentify as an officer. I indend to file suit against this establishment since I was thrown to the groud in front of several people and will also file suit for defamation of character. Obviously this establishment has no idea what people rights are and I intent to bring it to their attention and the attention of the Bexar County Sheriff's Office. I encourage you to go the same if you are treated with the same indiginity I was.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices