Having problems with The Athenaeum?

The Athenaeum Customer Service Contacts

116 Piccadilly
London
W1J 7BJ

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Athenaeum Customer Service. Initial The Athenaeum complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Athenaeum above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Athenaeum. Discuss the issues you have had with The Athenaeum and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

The Athenaeum Complaints & Reviews

ATHENAEUM HOTELJob Scam in UK

I have a job offer from ATHENAEUM HOTEL. During cross checking I found that there are many scam present in all over the organizations.
I found that some Jobseeker has very bad experience with Wings Travel Agency.
I want to know, Is this Contract Appointment Letter is Legal, the respective concerns persons are really present.
How Employeer give any job without taking any Interview

Below is the reference email

HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
ATHENAEUM HOTEL
116 Piccadilly
Mayfair, London W1J 7BJ
www.athenaeumlondon.co.uk
Tel: +44 {0} [protected]

Dear Syed Munawar Ali, I am Barrister Michael Leyden, Secretary to the human resourceManager. After due consideration on your resume and considering theinstruction given to us by board of management, You have beenaccepted to work for us in United Kingdom. First of all, you have toread carefully the Athenaeum contract appointment letter andunderstand the vital terms and conditions of your Job. .
All you need to do is to process your traveling papers, (UK VISA andWORKING PERMIT), through our official Immigration traveling agency with the below information:
HEAD OF REVENUE DEPARTMENT
WINGS TRAVEL AGENCY
OLD FEDERAL SECRETARIAT COMPLEX AREA1
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM.
REVENUE CONTROLLER
GENERALE-MAIL: [protected]@consultant.com
DESIGNATION: HEAD OF VISA/RESIDENT PERMITS OPERATIONS.
CONTACT PERSON: DR.WILL TURNER NOTE:
Your identification proofs are still greatly needed.
Barr. Micheal Leyden
HR, ManagerATHENAEUM HOTEL

• Sh
      Shernawaz Oct 24, 2016

I want to visit

• Am
      amin77 Oct 19, 2016

thak you so much to share those informations, i also agree with you, i'm in same situation i'v received a contract and this what i have to pay and what they said in their mail :

"""
      Work experience gained by an overseas national who entered the UK illegally, or who entered the UK under a provision of the Immigration Rules that prevented them from working cannot be taken into consideration.

The DER Certifications will cost you the following:

1. DER Application Form/Approval - £579.50GBP
      2. Flight Ticket and Visa Application fee - (will be paid by the Athenaeum Hotel, London)
      Work/Resident Permits Registration fees:
      (a) Expatriate Work Permit - £165.50GBP
      (b) Foreign Affairs Certification - £175.50GBP
      (c) Workers Registration Scheme (WRS) - £191.50GBP
      (d) National Insurance (N.I) - £158.50GBP
      3. DER Expatriates Quota Approval Charge in relevant categories
      £620.63GBP (will be paid by the Athenaeum Hotel London)

Total £689.50GBP (To be paid by you as we read from your signed contract letter between you and your employer and this fee will be reimbursed by your employer before you shall embark on your trip to London United Kingdom to work with them)
      ""

and they want to send money by monenygram :

A5. Kindly send the payment through MoneyGram transfer to our branch office here in London
      using the information below.
      R E C E I V E R N A M E : S T E P H A N I E T Y S O N
      A D D R E S S : 5 0 B R O A D W A Y
      S T . J A M E S P A R K
      L O N D O N S W 1 H 0 R G
      U N I T E D K I N G D O M
      A6. Amount to be paid - please tick appropriate box
      £689.50 Other (Please Specify)

• Ne
      Negombo blue villa Hotel Sep 01, 2016

I got a job opportunity from Athenaeum hotel as a Guest services assistant and asked to pay 809 pounds prior to the arrival.thanks god I called the hotel reception and checked it.They told this is a fraud contract.How ever I tried to connect with Mr.jeremy Hopkins and many department heads on LinkedIn but they did not like to connect.May be some of them may be involved.
      First they sent me a online interview foam which had several hotel regarding questions.I anwserd the paper and sent back to them and aftr a few days I hot the contract letter from them.
      In the last email I was asked to call Mr.Paul Gray.So I called thus person and he said he is working for the agency.To check I called him at 7.55 am in the morning and he answered. As I know most of the offices open at 9 am in the morning and frustrations began with call . From hiss voice he must be a negro.
      These are his details
      Contact Person: Paul Gray
      Email: [email protected]
      Telephone Number: (+44) [protected]

Second thing I noticed was the domain they using.it is so similar to hotel domain but there is a one letter different.
      In the original hotel they are using @Athenaeum hotel. Com
      But these scoundrels are using @athenaeumhotel.com
      So this was noticed .

I have checked Paul gray in the Google but there are so many Paul grays in london.

I will call London police and will notify them right now.
      Hotel should stop this .this will affect their name some day

• Ly
      lynlynA Apr 21, 2014

Hi I too received a job offer from your hotel from MS. JENNIFER MORGAN, HR Administration. Based on my research, I found out that there has been an ongoing fraudulent job application scam in your line of industry.

Please advise me immediately if attached letter is legitimate or not? I have already answered several emails that was sent to me by Ms. Morgan via email and currently now been referred and spoke to MR. GARRY FELIPE, HMRC processing officer of HM Revenue and Customs. Mr. Garry Felipe will be the one who will be helping me obtain my visa and work permit. I was told to pay my permit through MONEY GRAM TRANSFER in cash c/o MS . RACHEAL MOULE, Account Officer. Address provided is: 8 kingsdown orchard hyde road, swindon wiltshire sn2 7rr UK. I have NOT yet paid any amount for the said requirements. I am given until the end of this week to settle the payment of 375.50 GBP otherwise, any delay in doing so may affect my appeal rights.

Thank you for your quick response in advance forI am looking forward in working with and for such great and prestige hotel like The Athanaeum Hotel.

Yours sincerely,

CARMEL ROSALYN B. ARRIOLA
      Valenzuela City, Philippines

ATTACHED ARE SOME OF THE EMAILS THAT WAS SENT TO ME. I am willing to provide you all the letters that i have received and sent to them if needed. Please contact me via email [email protected]

josh619 May 20, 2012

Dear ************,

Thanks for your responds and your willingness to work here at the Athenaeum Hotel.

This is an Affirmation that your experiences and qualifications were found suitably qualified for the requirements of Athenaeum Hotel and the document attached to this email embodies our Contract Terms of Agreement of the job you are about to be offered and you are expected to read the letter carefully and if found satisfactory you are to sign and send back to us the scanned copy as an email attachment.

As soon as we have receive the signed letter back, the BRITISH IMMIGRATION will furnish you with more information regarding the processing of your traveling documents and how they would be sent to you.

At the top of the letter, don't forget to write the date and signed the letter and kindly fill in the position being offered to you by the Athenaeum Hotel which is the position of the (ROOM ATTENDANT) and your commencement date would be on (22nd June 2012).

Note that we are the ones responsible for your accommodation, flight ticket, visa and some other added benefit, you will get to know when you are with us here at the Organization and note that we provide accommodations to our employees and however its a five star hotel, And please, if you must have received this email, then kindly forward the signed contract letter to the immigration office here in London and with your contact number as well. [email protected]

Regards,
      Antigoni Michalopoulou

116 Piccadilly,
      London W1J 7BJ
      United Kingdom.

Tel +[protected]

• Th
      theathenaeum Jul 14, 2011

Please see the below information. The email you received is not genuine.

WARNING - FRAUDULENT JOB OPPORTUNITY EMAIL SCAM
      The Athenaeum has recently (along with a number of other London hotels) been and continues to be the subject of a fraudulent job application scam. This scam targets individuals who have registered with job search websites. Fraudulent job offers and job application forms are being sent by email enticing individuals to disclose personal information and pay money on the pretence of securing work and residence permits.

THESE EMAILS AND ATTACHED APPLICATION FORMS AND LINKS ARE BOGUS. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THEM IN ANY WAY
      Whilst these emails may appear genuine as they make unauthorised use of the Athenaeum’s name, logo and address etc, they are in fact bogus. We are taking all measures within our power to stop this fraudulent activity.

If you receive such bogus emails or application forms please do not respond to them and in particular do not send any money. Please attach the email to a new email and send it to us immediately at
      [email protected]

If you have already responded to such an email, please contact us immediately at the above address, supplying all relevant details.

Kind regards,