Testing Authority Inc.comRefund for testing supplies

I went thru the first part of my 12 step process which is done online.I then followed the directions after completing my first epractice exam, which was to work thru my study guide.A few weeks later, I tried to go back online to take my final epractice exam.I then found a notice that my account had been disabled and tried to email the company thru the email address that was offered.I got a response to call the customer care number.Those numbers(4 different 1-800 numbers) were now no longer in service.I emailed the Better Business Bureau after calling BBB to file a complaint.I was told that over 700 complaints had been filed against them.I am requesting my refund of 129.50 which is what I paid for my study materials.I even sent a local TV station an email about this fraud.

• Aj
    AJB123 Dec 13, 2010

This company ripped me off the same way they did others. The post office was not hiring in our area. They just sent a cheap postal study guide for $149.45. When you requested a refund: "Sorry there are no refunds". Then they fell of the face of the map. They are probably living in a resort in Key West with all the money they stole from people. I cannot believe that they are getting away with this. Everyone needs to step up and tell their story so we can get our money back. A class action needs to be filed.

• Ke
    Kevin Sullivan Oct 28, 2010

Ditto here.. scammed.. feeling foolish.. wishing I had that money back (I could really use it right now).. lawsuit sounds good.

• Ke
    Kevin Sullivan Oct 28, 2010

ditto here.. scammed.. feeling foolish.. wishing I had that money back.. lawsuit sounds good.

• Am
    amberlyc87 Aug 31, 2010

I tried to call for my year refund and the number was expired so I started googleing and found this. I'm so upset. If any one has any new information please email me. [email protected] Thanks

• Dh
    dhenrie Aug 03, 2010

Wow. I'm really upset right now. I'm hoping there's still a chance for a refund. If so, and you know about it, please contact me at [email protected]

• Bo
    Bo0m Apr 29, 2010

these guys are ### man... that was 130 bucks i really could have used and they made it seem like you had a for sure job... i want my money back as well but dont know how to get it... can anyone help in that aspect? i have a lawyer if need be.

[email protected]
    if anyone can help my email address is listed above.

• Wo
    Wood24 Jan 06, 2010

I couldn't be angrier with someone that is dishonest. What is worse is someone (collectively) who is dishonest enough to cheat people out of hard-earned money especially in the crap economy in which we currently reside. Moreover, not only should this scam be put to an end, the papers' propagating should also be made to pay for the false advertising allowing these crooks an avenue to the American people!
    A destitute, disgruntled college student!
    Nathaniel - [email protected]

• Gu
    Gulibleandthensome Dec 17, 2009

Screwed, blued and tatooed! I should have known better! Is there a way to file a class action lawsuit? I'm going to look into it.

• Th
    thall Dec 14, 2009

i too got scammed.i staretd the 12 step and went back later to finish it and got the message that my account was not active.If anyone knows how to get a refund please e-mail me at [email protected] from south carolina

• Ve
    veram53 Dec 10, 2009

I have the same problem like everyone in this list. If it possible, let me now how can I get my many back .Thanks. My email address: [email protected]

Mary21 Nov 16, 2009

I was A victum of the fraud and im very upset i try calling the number everyday and cant get thru the took 129.50 out of my chcking account and i want my money back any 1 wit info my emaol is [email protected]

• Sh
    shanghai Oct 30, 2009

[censored]!!! i got scammed too. i purchased the book in hopes of a brighter future but later found out that the 1-800 number got disconnected. Not only did i lose my money but also time in preparing for a false exam. email me if anybody finds a way for retribution l[email protected]

• Ha
    haltaf Oct 09, 2009

Oh my God, What a terrible fraud. They are worst than an animal to do this with people who are looking for job. Why they do such a thing with us who don't have money and are looking for a way to find some money for our children? I also want my $129.50 back. I have also complaint of SUNSTAR newspaper in Merced, california which let these kind of fraudy companies put their Ad in it.Please if somebody could find a way to get his money back from testingauthorityinc, let me know by email me at:[email protected]

• Pa
    pat063058 Sep 24, 2009

I was cheated too. I don't know if it is worth the fight. Don't have money for a lawyer. Is there anything we can do?

Jackie Smith Sep 21, 2009

I paid $150.00 for my testing materials and now can't get ahold of anyone i'm getting really upset my family needs that money and they told me after one year I could get the refund and now they don't exsist what is up with that there has got to be a way to get my money back and I will find it if i Have to drive to GA where they are located!!!

• Ba
    bakar Sep 17, 2009

I agree with all those who purchased study material and then nothing elso happened. I purchased last year and called the numbers toll free [protected] and answer is the same as other. how could it happened in a country like this such a thing could happen but it did happen. I would be happily surprised if somesone could help me to get the money back and will remain thankful to with the core of my heart and I wish good luck to those who suffered.my registration no, is 7667. I asked a postal worker to get some help she said us postal services have nothing to do with this . [email protected]

• Sh
    shallenberger.julianna Sep 11, 2009

I have the same problem like enyone about thios webside. Please let me know how I can get my money back also. Thank you julianna
    My emailaddres is :[email protected]

• Ow
    OwaCK Sep 07, 2009

You can just add another to the long list of complaints. My fiance did this a year ago (without talking to me first--wish he would have bc I'm all about researching things like this first). I was hoping we could get a refund since no postal jobs have opened in our area, but after reading all of this I guess I can just kiss that money goodbye! Tried the UTEC website with no luck finding a phone number, only an email address. Just a guess but doubt anyone is going to respond to my email!!

• Ra
    RakeishaAnjanette Sep 03, 2009

Same here guys and gals, busted, disappointed, lesson learned all, please be careful. Use GOD's wisdom and pray about our short comings and let him guide us in everything decision we are faced with. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

• Je
    JESSIKA 020184 Sep 02, 2009

this happen to be to I order my material last year on june 2008 I called and they told me
    that I can't have a refund because my refund expire I can believed this I feel so bad and mad bacuse this company is a ripped off please help me this is my email

[email protected]

I WANT MY MONEY BACK HELP ME PLEASE.

• Je
    JESSIKA 020184 Sep 02, 2009

THIS SUCKS I CALL TO THIS NUMBER [protected] AND THEY TOLD ME THAT MY REFUND HAD EXPIRE I REALLY NEED MY MONEY BACK AND NEED HELP IF SOMEONE HAS DEMAND ON THEM AND WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK PLEASE LET ME KNOW MY EMAIL IS

[email protected]

THIS IS NOT FAIR WE HAVE TO BUT OURSELFS TOGETHER TO DEMAND THIS COMPANY...

Anh Thach Vo Aug 27, 2009

Today 08-26-2009. I am trying to get my money back from them, and call this number [protected].But nobody there, no more service phone number.I am thinking the Money gone forever.Please FBI or Police must stoping them cheating on our people...Because They are using USPS get free Money from us...So we have to report that cheating to the local FBI asap.Thank you for operation.

• Fo
    fos michael Aug 18, 2009

this is michael f i was cheated for my money in birmingham and i want my money back utec owe me and i feel very bad this happen to me if any one can make them pay back my email is [email protected] let me know.

• Mw
    mwelljake Aug 12, 2009

You all feel stupid well I quess I am one of many then cause I feel like the biggest fool of them all I have a relative who works for the postal service I should have called them first before being decived! How do We get our money back that they promised for the refund!!! ANYOne need some paper for a fire!
    Let me know if anyone is able to get a refund at [email protected] Thanks and good luck.

• Ro
    Robin13 Aug 05, 2009

Yes! the same thing happened to me. I ordered my study materials in January 2009 from a gastonia, nc newspaper add and in July 2009 I called to just ask a question and none of the numbers worked. I called the BBB and there was really nothing they could really do. Does anyone know how to get back this money!!?????..Robin Jackson

• Da
    DAHRIA Aug 03, 2009

I bought mine two yeard ago and never got as chance to take the exam. Now I want my money back, someone please help me. Times are tough and I could use the money. Please email me @ [email protected] THank you. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

• La
    Lauri T Jul 26, 2009

I do AGREE I purchased and registered online in Oct 08. Havent heard a thing sense.
    I called all the numbers on the guide and of course no longer in service.
    If anyone does come up with a number please let me know.
    Lauri

• Br
    brattboy23 Jun 24, 2009

hi i am also a victim!! im trying to contact them to get a refund too but none of their 1-800 #s are workin..they are SCAM!!!
    can somebody tell me or help whats the best way to get my money back? my email add is [email protected] so much

• Mw
    Mwang86 Jun 19, 2009

I guess there is no solution to this...we all lost a lot of money. The government is not going to do anything about it because they feel that there's a greater issues out there than this.

• Kr
    kristen Jun 05, 2009

I saw the ad in the newspaper and like a fool a called I borrowed money so I can get the exam. Now I'm calling the number and nobodys picking up... Each time I call it says I'm the first in line but I was first in line for 35 mins. I'm so bloody angry right now..

Will someone please contract to share what info u have

E-mail is [email protected]

• We
    weebeboy May 28, 2009

This company so called testing authority is so crazy and foolish with thier way of scamming working hard peolpe to get. Using the usps to lied. I think the usps should do something about this issue and let bad names stop using thier names to get money. I was scammed 149.50 for stupid document which I never used and was told my refund will be back a year. none of thier phones numbers is going this is crazy they need to be put in jail and made to refund our money back.

• Pe
    Penelope May 24, 2009

I totally agree. I was also scammed into this lie. I am a single mom of 2 and was only looking out for me and my family and now all the numbers has been disconnected and I have no way of getting my money back.. This was in Winchester Ky

• Ni
    Nicole May 22, 2009

I was also scammed last year. The sales person not only completely failed to disclose that they are not affiliiated with the USPS (even hinting that they were), but she also completely failed to mention a single word about the refund policy.

The form I got with the package stating the refund policy says "this was outlined when you placed your order." Yet it wasn't, and I had no way of knowing this until AFTER I dropped this expense that I could barely afford at the time. So now I am being penalized because their incompetent salesperson made a mistake (or intentionally didn't say anything about it...)

I was planning to wait the full year, but recently found out through other people's reports that I actually have a chance of getting my money back now. I just called the new number for "utec", but (not surprisingly) nobody was available to talk to me. I'm going to keep calling until I get a person on the line and then put them through the wringer. I know several lawyers and will not hesitate to take every legal action possible against these ### if denied a refund.

Oh, and I'm still seeing their ads on Craigslist to this day. Everytime I see one, I flag it for removal and post my own detailed ad warning people about this. Please do the same if you come across one of these ads; it's the least you can do for all the people that haven't been scammed yet.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

It would be great if we could organize something to get the word out.

• Pe
    peaceofmind May 19, 2009

NEW NUMBER AND NAME !!! INFO FOR U

The company went out of business and now they are United Testing and Eduction center here's the link:http: //www.theutec.com the phone number is Call [protected] for Assistance. Look at the information and their refund policy its the same so dont let them tell you any different! Good luck

• Mr
    mrshadley08 May 18, 2009

i too agree to this... they reel people like us in who are looking for a decent job and here we think we are investing in a job and we are really getting ripped off in the end. And what sucks is that there are people out there probably every day that are getting ripped of from this and more of there scams, and the sad thing about it is that at times like there are right now when people like us need that 129.50 we have no way to get it back and probably never will. If anyone has found anyway out to try and get something done about this and needs any help i am in georgia and you can email me at [email protected]

mad mama May 14, 2009

I found out that these people go state to state placing therer ads in local news papers. I found more victims from this scamm from florida to california. If any one wants to contact me my e-mail adress is
    [email protected] I am still looking into this I am giong to call my local news tv station. I plan on getting this out to as much media as possible because if we just play victim nothing is going to change except the the increace of more hard working people getting ripped off!

Andrew K May 14, 2009

I was totally scam by Testing Authority Inc. They promise me guarantee money back within fail exam etc. Now I cant even get hold of them.

mad mama May 13, 2009

I called the Usps and theytold me it is a fraud. I suggest changing your checking acct. #(I have) and do a credit report to make sure they didn't use your info for more fraud. theres a way to get a free annual credit report my husband got his at annualcreditreport.com I am on my way to do the same. I plan on looking further into this and will keep updating my progresss through this site.

johanna May 13, 2009

i agree too is a fraud i still waiting for the email to take the practices test, i been waiting for a month already and the 1800 numbers never in services, i want my money back ans iam not even working with two kids i feel hurt.

mad mama May 13, 2009

I feel stupid and hurt. I don't know what to do is there some way of sueing or getting are money back? I
    I am going to find a way and contact someone about this. I still can't believe I got scammed.