Resolved Telco Mobile BonanzaScam

B

I also received an SMS at 2.26 this morning from a telephone number [protected] saying I had won R940, 000.00 in the 2009 sweepstake prgm UK = ref ... call B Logan @ [protected] to claim your prize.

I wish these guys would get caught.

More Telco Mobile Bonanza Complaints & Reviews

• Vu
    Vukani Feb 26, 2009

Hi, my mother received a sms on 17th November 2008 at 00:07am on her phone saying she have won R800 000 in a Telco Bonanza Competition UK (Telco Bonanza). She was told to contact Mr Marian Morgan which I did in her behalf, my mother is illiterate. He has sent me a certified certificate from their company in UK. There were instructions to follow in order to claim that price, we only paid R2050 which was borroewed, after that they said we must pay R8000 but we couldn't do that. We decided to ask back R2050 but till today we never got anything back. He says he is the consultant of the company based in London (UK). I have his private number which only work during working hours of the week and I also have the London number which he said it for his bosses in London, and he also sent me an certified copy of certificate. Please help us, this person is promoting crime in our country. My e-mail address is [email protected], I will be happier to get responded by you. Thanks

Chuma Xayimpi Mar 09, 2009

Hi; It is sad to get such kind of sms, apparently last night (09 March 2009 at 00:33 I recieved the sms whic state that I have won R720, 000 oin Telco mobile lottory bonanza 2009. I called the guy (contact person) Mr Andile then he asked me the ref number, which I gave it to him and he told me that I must call him after 20 minutes. I called him as he asked me to but he couldn't pick up his cell and the last part of it, it was switched off.

I manage to keep the message which state:

" Congratulation !!! You won 720, 000 . your number was selected among the lucky winners in the (telco mobile) world wide u.k lottory bonanza 2009.Ticket N0 MKZ9552 call 0788264762 to claim your prize contact MR ANDILE"

It was received from this number: +27731823227 and if you can will you please try to work out with MTN SA to find out (investigate/Call tracking) about these two numbers.

I think this will create a bad reputation about your company and if you can try to speed up any investigation about these people to stop this before it goes any further. I could assist as well if you need any because as South Africans we trying by all means to fight crime. There is my mail [email protected] feel free to contact me.

• De
    Debbie Mundell Mar 11, 2009

I have also received a message which states - Congratulations You have won the total sum of R980 000 rands. Your number was among one of the random luck winners in UK (M.T.C) bonanza London Ticket No SQMA27K call "Venn Morgan" @ 078 984 6432 or email [email protected] - I have contacted this organisation and have been trying to get a landline number and valid website address. They have not been able to provide one.

Hopefull this scam will come to an end.

Debbie

• Ba
    bashi Apr 17, 2009

hi
    i also recieved a msg this morin stateing that i have won R 550 000 in a telco mobile world wide lottory bonanza tickect no raf3321 it was sent from 0731823227 iwas told told to contact Mr Jackson on 0718026024 which i did and both numbers goes to voice mail

please let me know this a Scam or Not

Bashi
    [email protected]

• Js
    jscott May 16, 2009

I recieved an sms on the 14-05-09 also stating that ive won R980 000 in the uk m.t.c. bonaza, and that i only have to pay R3600 to recieve my cheque within 48hrs...but im still waiting!

JohanCPF Aug 12, 2009

I received the same SMS. It's a scam people, just like all the other "Sweepstakes" emails flying around. All people who received these SMS's should please email me at [email protected] I am going to catch them and put them away. Please help me build a case by sending all your complaint details to the above email address.

I am a member of the Crystal Park CPF (Community Police Forum) and if we add all the charges, especially where money was paid over to these guys, we can pu them behind bars for a very long time. I need your help with this please.

Johan Swanepoel

• Wo
    worried about crime Aug 28, 2009

I reiceved the same sms, from a Bejamin Mgomeni I followed his instructions an d have received my winning certificate, now he wants R2800 for stamps and legal fees to be able to get my prize, thank you all for posting your comments and saving me money. Let us work together to catch these guys and see them get their just reward. I hope that all of you who has lost money will get it back or at least see them fall.

Andreeeae Aug 31, 2009

I've also received the 'AWARD' R760 000.00 and an instruction to phone David [email protected] sms came from a nr 0769485567.I was told that they will be a NEW service provider in S.A for the 2010 soccer!i MUST NOW PHONE THEM BACK IN 10 MIN FOR THE REST OF THE INSTRUCTIONS TO CLAIM TE MONEY!!!THANKS FOR THE WARNINGS. PLEASE PLEASE try and catch them people with no or little access to the internet will not know it is a SCAM!!!Thanks

• Li
    Lizè Sep 03, 2009

I've also received the 'AWARD' R950 000.00 and an instruction to phone Alex [email protected] sms came from a nr 076976097.I was told that they will be a NEW service provider in S.A for the 2010 soccer!i MUST NOW PHONE THEM BACK IN 10 MIN FOR THE REST OF THE INSTRUCTIONS TO CLAIM TE MONEY!!!THANKS FOR THE WARNINGS. PLEASE PLEASE try and catch them people with no or little access to the internet will not know it is a SCAM!!!Thanks

• Ne
    Nearly Caught Sep 07, 2009

I also received a similar sms, 2 questions:
    How did they obtain my, and the other, cell phone numbers?
    How do we get this onto www.snopes.com?

Jalas Sep 16, 2009

Recieved sms this morning. I have won R960 000, 00 from uk telco bonanza. ref no and contact person James Morgan. 0717286955. I phoned was also told to call back in 10min so they can confirm. They asked for a fax with all personal details to be send to : Attention Mary: 086 668 0143.
    Bogus I assume.
    Thanks for this site!

• Mr
    Mrs Ledine Le Roux Dec 04, 2009

hi david march i receive the same sms too stating that i won 950.000 thousand rands and i should call alex johnson to collect my winning prize i called him he explains the full details to me that uk telco his a network comapany in the united kingdom.they are lunching there branch in africa by 2010.
    i was ask to fax my means of claims to sally after doing that i receive my prize the next day and was also televise on sabc, beware of some set of people out there who are pretending to be working for these company.
    THESE IS NOT A SCAM BELEIVE ME IM A LIVING WITNESS TO THESE,

• Si
    siphiwe ngidi Dec 13, 2009

Hi guys, these people are still doing this, can we please work 2gether in getting them. I jst received an sms frm 0762638660 saying i've won the sum of R760.000 and i've been ask 2 call the very same Morgan @ 0794239635 who is in one of the above coments. I think those gus who has receive their cert from ths people must assist in gettn hold of this stostis.

• Mi
    miss Govindasamy Jan 06, 2010

I received the same sms last nyt at 11:39. It said to contact david morgan at 0794239635. N da sms ws sent from 0762638660. Hope this info helps.

• Sh
    Shannon Leigh Smith Jan 06, 2010

Hi I received an sms at the beginning of December saying that I have won R760 000, 00. I was stupid enough to believe them and have since paid the R2720, 00 for the insurance, so that the money is not used for crime by me and R7600, 00 which I borrowed, for the agents fee to get it to RSA. I received a phone call from the magistrate tonight informing me that it is a scam, so I believe our country is doing something to help. May God Bless those that are so willing to put an end to this.

I have email addresses of the agent in South Africa and his boss. I have Three telephone numbers and I have all their emails as well as certificates saved.
    If anyone knows if this information is needed please let me know. I will check this site tomorrow night again and just write down what I need to do and it will be done.

Shannon Smith

• Si
    SiobhanK Jan 19, 2010

I also received an sms from +27767986735 saying:

" CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've won R930, 00.00 @ UK - TELCO BIG BONANZA held in UK (GB). Ref no: Zi09X. Call T JACKSON @ +27764708182 to reg. for claims (T&C Apply).

I researched Telco on the internet, they are a telecommunications company in the UK but have recently been bought out by V Networks.

I would like to do something to help other people not fall for this scam, but what can I do??

If you know how I can help please email me: [email protected]

• Ed
    Edward Liebenberg Mar 15, 2010

I recieved a text reading;CONGRATULATIONS!!!you've won the sum of R760.00. Your number was among the lucky winning numbers drawn at random in UKTelco Bonanza. Ticket No. Uk0147xa. contact david Morgan at 0794239635 to claim your winning Prize!!please protect your ticket pin code for security reasons.
    I am dissapointed in the system for not catching these guys long ago. Many people seem to have been duped out of money. The SAP have all this info to use, but to no avail. SHAME ON THEM. Do not pay any moneys as you are likely to lose it. BE WARNED
    Edward Liebenberg

• So
    SoniaC May 04, 2010

Guess what my husband also receive an sms saying he have won the sum of R960 000 your lucky number was among the lucky winners randomly selected in G.I.O BONANZA held in London etc. Well they wanted us to pay R3600 into there bank account and within 9 hours they will transfer the money... Nice try but Im not going to do that glad I decided to check the internet. Thank you
    S. Coetzee

• Fr
    freakinPissed Aug 26, 2010

I've just received this sms ( at 9:33 26 August 2010) saying "Congratulation you won R980, 000 in Uk-TELCO BONANZA. Your Ref/ticket.No is UK-98-ZAR. To claim prize, Call Venn Morgan on 0717286955. Office hours only. T&C apply" So I've let my fiancé call him not really buying it, he told him to call back in a few minutes. So we did and my fiancé asked him why should he call back if he is the guy winning the money, and the guy told him it's up to him if he wants to call back or not or he can leave it and hung up. I've google it and came accross this site! So glad i did!!!

• Nc
    N.C. Oct 12, 2010

I am in Namibia; received sms from uk -tmobile telling me that my mobile number has won 500 000.00 pounds and to contact sadc agent Diane Walters. I have access to internet so I can research, but I m thinking about all those people who dont and will fall prey to these [censor]. Lets help publicise these scams.

N.C.

• Ti
    Tingtinkie Dec 27, 2010

DEAR ALL, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY FOR ANY WINNINGS FROM OVERSEAS.
    1) YOU CAN ONLY WIN IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A TICKET.
    2) YOU DO NOT PAY FOR ANYTHING IF YOU WON SOMETHING!
    3) SMS's & TEXT MESSAGES WILL NOT BE USED FOR SUCH BIG AMOUNTS!

• Fi
    filipf Jan 31, 2011

I have received this SMS on my Vodacom phone ( at 08:30 on 31 January 2011) saying, " CONGRATULATION!!! Your number won R950, 000 at T-MOBILE BONANAZA. Your Ref. No is TC3317ZA. To claimprize;call JAMES ON 0794239647. Office hrs only. T&C apply." The SMS was send from 27799518087. I am glad that I have googled the word T-Mobile Bonanza and came across this web site, Thanks for this site.

Filip F

• Ge
    GetEven2011 Jan 31, 2011

1/24/11: Terry Jackson was trying to scam me on match.com. Username: jterry1777, email address: [email protected] Said he was from Johnstown, CO and was leaving for Cape Town, S. Africa before we could meet. He was emailing me all sweet talk that his parents were deceased and so was his wife and they had a son Brown who is 7. He was going to Africa for a job to remove rusty oil pipes and replace them. He then told me he lost his camera and cell phone and could I Fedex him replacements from amazon.com. He asked me to buy an international calling card to call him at 27764708182. I emailed him a scam article that resembled himself and he IM'd me acting all innocent like he never asked for those and when I saw him in person I'd know for sure. I asked him to explain to me why he asked for those things and then he disconnected. I hope someone gets this vile creep! Attached are photos he sent me, not even sure it is him or if he stole someone's identity!

Comments
    Comments

• Pr
    priv Mar 31, 2011

i have also just received an sms to say that i have won R750000. i called the guy and asked him if it was a scam and he said no.He gave me an email address to get confirmation but i think it is not true.
    I hope these guys get caught soon.

• Af
    africanmiss Apr 11, 2011

The guy who claims to be Terry Jackson sounds Nigerian to me so i assume that this identity was stolen or is just an Alias. Let me explain...

I got a text message to the effect: CONGRATULATIONS! you've won R930, 000.00 from T-MOBILE Bonanza (GB). Ref No:Ti09x. Contact Terry Jackson @ +27764708182 to register for claims (T&C Apply).

I thereafter call the number and spoke with a guy with a fairly deep voice but with an accent that was at that point indistinct. He explained that T mobile was a UK based mobile company which was to set up in SA soon. He said they were running a promotion to give publicity to this. He said that there are 4 winners. He then asked for my number which i gave him and asked me to call back in 10 minutes. I called back and he thereafter asked for the reference number which i also gave. He then proceeded to tell me that the numbers matched what they had in their system and that i had won myself that ridiculous amount of money. He then proceeded to explain that there are three ways i could do this
    (a) go their headoffice in the UK to claim it
    (b) give them acocunt details
    (c) have the cheque courriered to my

i opted for the last option after which he gave me a fax number 0866593125 to which i was to fax a copy of my ID, my phone number, my postal address and the ref number he had sent.

i decided to google it and it was then that i came across this website. While here i came across a Mrs Ledine Le Roux whose post you will find on this page endorsing that this things was legit and that she recieved her money and had even been on SABC. Mrs Le Roux however warns against scams. I sent this lady and email through this forum earlier today and i am still waiting for a response. I called the guy back and asked if there had been any winners so far and he said there had been two. I only caught the name of the same Ledine La Roux although he gave me another name. I asked him when T mobile was coming to South African and he said soon. I asked if there was a website I could check to verify this since i wasnt comfortable with giving my details until i was sure he was legit. He gave me the web address www.tmobile.co.uk but i didnt see any signs of this. I asked where i could go on the website for this information and he said ma'am i am only the consultant. I then just blurted out are you [email protected]? and he seemed to be getting aggraveted at my doubt.I repeated myself and I told him many people were being scammed and i needed to be sure. He then became distinctly more Nigerian sounding and aggravated. His last words to me were...ma'am call us when you are ready to claim your prize and hung up. he hung up!! no professional would do that. further more he should have been concerned that someone was claiming to be him but he seemed quite rude to me cutting the phone cal and all. Another strange thing is that he didn't call me but wanted me to call him. Surely if this was legit he would call me back. Especially since i had said to him i have run out of airtime and he was happy to say ok call us back when you have reloaded. I mean if you can give away thousands of Rands, you can afford to call me back! When i had asked him, he said he was in the Western Cape.

Thereafter i asked my boyfriend in the UK to check with T mobile if they did indeed have a such a promotion running. He walked into a T mobile shop and asked them bu they said they knew nothing and didnt even know if there was T mobile in SA. I then called Vodacom to ask if they could put a trace on this number 0764708182 (same number as in post by get even2011). They warned me not to give away any information to this person and the agent told me that there had been others who had received such texts.

Anyway, i have since decided not to pursue this further. Eve though he didnt ask for my account number, who knows what he could do with the rest of my information if i supplied it. Instead i thought i should post this to help others who might fall pray to this guy and who ever he might be working for/with. Hopefully i cold assist in catching these guys.

If you are indeed Ledine Le Roux and you are legit, please contact me here by posting or answer my message that i sent to you. If you really recieved this money please refer us to the date so we can review the SABC news for that day.

• Sc
    scamvictim1177 Jun 03, 2011

I too fell victim of Terry miller Jackson through match.com. His user name was "smilingterry" with a different set of photos. He contacted me through match.com on April 4th 2011. I was told the exact same story about him completing a project in Johnstown and leaving for cape town to work on the rusty oil pipes. I however was told that he has a daughter named sherry Jackson who turned 8 on may 25th 2011. He told me the same story about his parents and wife being killed in a car accident 3years ago. When he claimed to arrive in cape town on April 11th he told me that one of his bags had been lost by the airlines and contained his phone, camera and his daughters PS3. He did not ask me to send him anything at the time. I emailed back and fourth with him several times a day for 8 weeks. Seemed like a great charming man, claiming to be coming back to Colorado in June when his cape town project was complete. Said he wanted to start a new life for his daughter. Last week he started asking for money to be wired to him after a week of long stories about his crane breaking down and having no funds to complete his project. I wish I could say I was smart enough to not have wired him any money, but I did. He promised to have it all returned to me within 5 days which did not happen of course. Along the 8 week course I had checked out his stories and things did seem to always match up. It was only after I wired the money that I found these stories. He has been using the email address of [email protected] He says he was born in the summer of 1965. I even have his cape town address to which I sent his "daughter" a birthday card. The card did reach him because he read me the card back. I did talk to him twice on the phone and he did have a very heavy thick accent that I could not understand. After reading these articles I did confront him at which time he became very aggitated and Told me he was "stress out" because I did not believe him. He said he will make it all up to me in the next couple weeks when he comes to Colorado and at that time I would see that I was wrong. He sent me several photos over the past 8 weeks and half of them claimed to be of him and his daughter, sherry. I am not sure who these photos are of but I wish I could warn them about this fraud case. The man in the photos is not wearing a wedding ring and the little girl does look just like him but I know anything can be photoshoped together. These scammers are very very good. I have kept every email message we both have sent ( probably the only smart thing I did). He never slipped up once. I even sent ray birthday card as a test to see if I had his correct address and sure enough he received it. This Terry Miller Jackson age 46 claims that his current home town is in Cambridge UK. I have also filed a complaint with match. Com and I am trying to track down the main victim in this story and that would be the original Terry miller Jackson. In this scam he states that his wifes name was Sharon Jackson but she had died 3 years ago in the auto accident. I will try and post the photos that he uses on me. I would love to connect with the other match.com victim since we have the matching stories. I actually have a few more facts that I am going to use to try and put a stop to him before he can take advantage of any other women. He claims to have a lawyer from a specific law firm in cape town so I'm going to start there along with trying to find the true Terry miller Jackson

• Lo
    lorylory1 Jun 19, 2011

Terry Jackson is on Match.com and supposively lives in Holly, Michigan. I didn't fall for his lines. Please be aware.

ReallyK? Aug 04, 2011

Yes I have also fell victim to this person as well (match.com 3/17/11)...wish I had seen this sooner. I fell for the exact samething as scamvictim1177 except I am about to lose everything. I do have his IP address which I have filed a complaint with the IC3. This is the same place all emails have come from, from the every first email. I have also saved all the emails (except from match.com), receipts, and bank statements. The only thing different I did was actually send "Sherry" a PS3 with a game. Im not sure if I actually talked to her or someone else on the phone. But about 2 weeks after I sent the PS3 he supposedly had to fly (a plane ticket I supposedly payed for) back to Cambridge, UK and was detained for the crane damages. Then in June I sent him the money for the crane. On 7/20/11 I received a phone call from someone from either immigration or something stating that he had been detained for crane damages and for the injuries of his workers. At this point he never asked me for money because he knows I do not have any. Then on 7/25/11 I got an email from Terry asking if he could have some money owed to him transfered to my bank account in the states. Of course I couldn't say NO. I think this is at the point I really started doing searches. Then on 7/30/11 I started receiving email and phone calls from a Jerry Walker (a suppossed business partner/banker). By the way all the numbers came from Turkey but the email (yahoo) had a US number, which I confronted him with. The transfer was to happen on that Monday and well it never happened. I asked him about it and he told me "they are working on it". I am still talking with him to see how far this is going to go and will continue to do the IP address searches.

Yes I am very embarrassed, humiliated and completly broke.

With lorylory1 post yes he is there with username lovenRespect386 and no he does not live in Holly, MI because that is were I am. He does live in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

ReallyK? Aug 05, 2011

Okay here is a new email for Terry- [email protected]

ReallyK? Aug 05, 2011

Correction on the email- [email protected]

ReallyK? Aug 09, 2011

Here is another email address for [email protected]

• Rm
    r.m Aug 16, 2011

i also received the same sms today that read.congradulations!you have won 750 000 00 in the on goin telco-mobile networking bonanza award been held in united kingdom for the year 2011.network sim randomly selected.ref no tp72uk2.contact your local agent mr david on 0780303592.but i didnt contact him i wanted to make sure if it really existed, and i was suprised 2 c all this comment.by r.m