Teeth Whitening Pro/cathysteeth.comNot free!

M

After reading the positive comments about teeth whitening at http://www.cathysteeth.com, I ordered the suggested 'free' samples. After I received the Teeth Whitening Pro sample, I called to cancel future shipments pursuant to the agreement. The rep insisted the sample wasn't free, that it was a full 14-day supply, and that I must pay an additional $18+.

When I posted a complaint about the extra charge at cathysteeth.com, my comment was posted, then removed within the hour -- a warning to others that you'll seldom if ever read negative comments about these products.

I expect to go through a similar challenge when I receive the Ivory Whites 'free' sample. I'm not sure I even want to try these products after this sort of behavior.

• Do
    Douglas May 04, 2009

What did they send you? What are the ingredients?

Cathys Teeth May 06, 2009

I just looked at the Cathysteeth.com website, found that she lives in a nearby town. It's probably your town, too.

I looked at the "view, source" of the page, and found code that figures out where I'm at and then says she lives there, too. How convenient.

Total baldfaced liar. Anyone who would lie to make it sound like they live near me is clearly a scammer. I would avoid this product like the plague if I were you.

Code is:
    My name is Cathy Anderson. I live in

Furthermore, the whois info shows cathysteeth.com registered their street address as a UPS Store mail drop in California. Type in cathysteeth in the search box on GoDaddy.com, then look up the address in Google (maps), then choose Street View and the address is clear as day on the awning.

My guess is, the guy's name isn't even Cathy (since the owner's name is hidden from public view).

Obviously a scam. These outfits get your credit card number and won't let go. You'll have to cancel your card to get them out of your life.

Cathys Teeth May 06, 2009

Ooops -- seems this scammer has created over 20 identical pages with the exact same scam. Do a Google search for http://www.google.com/#hl=en&num=100&newwindow=1&q=%22My+name+is+Cathy+Anderson.+I+live+in%22&fp=x1Rb704m-nk

or just use "My name is Cathy Anderson. I live in" (including the quotation marks) as the search term to see all of them.

Or, just check out www.bracesreview.com, www.momsteethstory.com/tv1.php, mommysteeth.com, www.thewhiteningcenter.com, cafeorganico.net, www.cathysteeth.com, www.teeth-whitening-options.com.

You'll notice the description in each Google result doesn't include "Cathy's" town, because she doesn't have one.

It's obvious "Cathy" is making a lot of money on this scam or "she" wouldn't have bothered to create all these web pages, advertising, etc.

Cathys Teeth May 06, 2009

Noticed that the graphic above shows katiesteeth.com, not cathysteeth.com. Yes, both names are registered the same way at the same address (8939 S. Sepulveda, Westchester, CA). You must use a true address when registering a domain name or risk having it canceled.

So is the this guy's name Katie Fredrickson or Cathy Anderson? I'm guessing neither one.

Cathys Teeth May 06, 2009

And, yes, the ads you see ON THIS VERY PAGE are the same scam. complaintsboard.com uses Google ads to make a little extra money, and since the ads are tailored to match other words on this page, Google automatically shows ads for katiesteeth.com and other sites by the same scammer. So, add jennifersfirstblog.com to the list of scam sites.

• De
    Debbie Smith May 06, 2009

CANCEL your credit card right away or they will keep billing you over and over. Once they have your number they never stop...even after you have canceled by phone, in writing, or e-mail. This definitly IS a scam. I did something similar with a different product, and the company was Advance Wellness. Looks like this may be the same. Please cancel your credit card NOW. It is a nightmare to try to cancel these products, the billing just never stops from them!

• De
    Deb May 06, 2009

I just want to say "Thank You" for all your posts. I had my credit card out and something told me to google this company 1st. I'll just go to my dentist instead. Thank you!

stressreleaseme May 06, 2009

The same thing happened to me but they charged me 79:00. I wish we could file a REAL complaint against this person. Anyone have any ideas? This is a REAL SCAM

Candy May 08, 2009

Kathy Anderson lives in whatever town YOU live in. Google her name and you will see she has about 5 towns listed. This is a gimmick to make you think a product has to be good if it is used by a person who lives in your town! While the products may help, it burns me up to think this kind of trickery is being used to promote these products. After reading the above comments, I won't be ordering any of these products.

Candy May 08, 2009

As an afterthought to my preceding comment, those of you who are having trouble should report this abuse of your credit cards and customer trust to whoever you can. Start with the credit card company, your Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General's Office in your state, and the FBI. There is an e-mail address for the FBI that deals with scams. Try Google to find it as I cannot recall it offhand. Google has exposed more scams just by my "Googling" a name or product. You can also forward the ads to [protected]@ecu.gov if they come in your e-mail and attach your dealing with this company to the forward.

• Be
    ben226 May 10, 2009

Thanks everyone, this was helpful, obviously www.cathysteeth.com is a scam to get you to order the items from this target website (http://www.whiteningnow.com/deal2/?B=3&A=1009&SubAffiliateID=2528&TargetURL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.whiteningnow.com%2fdeal2%2f) flaunting a bogus "Hurry only 'X:XX' minutes left?" offer. The time reset everytime you open the webpage.

• Bo
    bobby May 11, 2009

freecreditreport.com is the same way, i called them to cancel 3 times and they say they cancel but just keep reducing the charge..

• Vi
    vickysteeth May 11, 2009

Wow... I just recieved my "free trial" of these products today. I was really excited, until I came online to research exactly how "cathy" used the products when I came across this complaint board. I was pretty impressed that "she" lived in the same town I do! Call me naive...

• Pr
    Protect Your Self May 13, 2009

A little off point here but a solution to stop all unauthorized credit card charges will follow. This solution will not keep you from being charged if you authorize the transaction but will certainly protect you from the preditor who tries to take your money a second time. So do your due diligence ( or googleing) first before before buying but if you still get scammed on the first transaction anyway at least they won't be able to continue to do it over and over. SOLUTION: Due diligence then pay with a Bank Of America credit card. Don't have one get one. This CC company is no better than any other in my opinion (they will all beat you up in fee's if you let them) but they do offer one outstanding service. I can log into my account or pull out my credit card in my wallet and press a button which will generate a new CC number with an expiration date and limit of my choice. Simply stated if I order something online I create a new number, make it expire in two months, and make the limit the same amount of my purchase. Then if the company tries to overchage me, recharge me, or the server gets hacked and the breach my credit card number no big deal cause it's dead after the limit is used. The charge just shows up on my regular bill just like any other charge. I don't work for or am associated with Bank Of America and other CC companies may offer this great service-- (I wish Amex did so I could get the points). I've been using this service for almost 10 years and buy extensively on the net -- never a problem - Protect Yourself - No One Else Will!

• Pa
    Patricia May 13, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me but it was on some face cream. They trick you with the word "free trial" and the fine print is a real light grey (so light that you really don't notice it) and when you get the confirmation e-mail that's when you find out it was a scam! Then they try to strong arm ya by telling you you can't cancel out of the thing and all kinds of BS to try to force you to keep the product. When it happened to me I immediately notified my bank which is BOA and they helped me get the stuff streightened out. I felt like a fool being duped like I was but you live and learn. The only shopping on-line that I do now is for things I don't mind paying for and if stuff says "free" anything I run like hell!

• Co
    CookieBau May 14, 2009

I am so very glad that I found this site! This complaint in particular! I clicked on a link to the "cathysteeth.com" website, and while I was reading, I found it extremely odd that "Cathy" just happened to live in the same Metro area as me. I got a weird feeling about it, so I googled "cathysteeth, real or scam?" and this was the second result I found. However, there are TONS more, as I'm sure all of the rest of you know. I'm so grateful to everyone who posted here. I came WAY too close to ordering this stuff and getting scammed. I certainly feel sorry for anyone who had to learn how this "free trial" REALLY works the hard way. I certainly will tell everyone I know who is considering this too-good-to-be-true offer that it is exactly that! Too good to be true! On a side note though, I can't help but be curious and ask; do the two whiteners even work as advertised, or is that a scam too?
    Anyhow, I'll end my comment with the following: Whoever said, "The best things in life are free" sure as heck wasn't thinking of "free*" If you see that asterisk, or something similar attached to "free, " run and don't look back!

• Ba
    Barkparkbarb May 14, 2009

There is an ad on this complaintboard for "ericasteethcom" too. Same ad, different photo of a smiling mouth berfore and after supposedly. In todays world of photoshipping, I doubt the product was even used. They just altered the color on the teeth to look whiter. Such a scam.

• Ri
    rippedoff May 20, 2009

My husband got suckered into this, they charged us 79, and 88 dollars a piece, and have the nerve to tell you from the time you make the order your trail begins and you have fourteen days to cancel it. I just had him cancel his card, what a rip off; the only thing you can do is go to bbb and put in a complaint, I'm not sure what else can be done. I'm the one that usually does something dumb like this, but I'm pissed because i'm out by 170.00. DO NOT!!! DO NOT!!! FALL FOR THIS SCAM. Go to your dentist for whitening!

• Do
    don'tbelievedahype May 21, 2009

LOVE YOUR CITE. I too fell for this scam. Only thing, days after, I googled 'teethwhitening' because I happen to see another ad on a different site I was on. Amazing how many cites came up with the same 'stumble on this by accident' bit. Well I called the customer service # for the first one and the lady tried to tell me about a special of $18.00 instead of the $78.oo the site explains about. I stood my ground and told her what I found out about the other websites and that was the end of her sales pitch. I sent an email to the 2nd product and again listed all my findings on the internet (many websites containing the same photos, but different names, all stating they 'accidentally stumbled' on these products, etc.) and was amazed when I checked my email the next day, they responded stating my order was cancelled. I can only pray that the charges do stop like they told me or I will have to cancel my card. . . but I hope this helps anyone who is trying to cancel and feel 'pressured' to settle for the 'lower' price. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!

• Ro
    Robert May 23, 2009

Just one other point to be made regarding whitening products being advertised on sites like CathysTeeth or similar sites is that if you study the before and after photo's very carefully, you'll notice that the "after" photos have usually been altered to give the appearance that several shades of whitening has occurred. In the case of the photos on CathysTeeth, both photos show several posterior (back) teeth with tooth colored crowns. Interestingly enough, in the "after" photo, not only do the natural teeth look whiter, the crowned teeth do as well. The problem is that bleaching gel products, like the ones being advertised on sites like these, don't alter or lighten artificial surfaces like porcelain crowns or tooth colored fillings, only natural tooth surfaces. The pictures are just altered that way to encourage people who see the adds to buy the product. Very misleading advertising. If someone is really interested in whitening their teeth, they would do best to consult their dentist first before trying "any" bleaching or whitening product sold over the counter or through the internet.

• Al
    Allie 9volt May 26, 2009

These ads are so irritating. I'm not surprised it's a scam. The whole "discovered by a mom" thing is so stupid. Why does the fact that she's a mom matter? Does it give her some sort of unique qualification to whiten teeth? If she were a scientist or dentist, I'd be much more impressed and more likely to try the product. But I still won't be trying it. My guess is that the main ingredient is probably hydrogen peroxide or baking soda.

anonymous May 27, 2009

I called the Teethwhitening pro before my 14 day trial was over and they still charged me the 78.93. When I called back to ask about it, they told me they show no record of me calling at all, before the 14 day trial. It is a scam! don't buy their product. To make matters worse, when I called it sounded like the call went overseas. I had a bad connection and couldn't hardly hear what the man was telling me. So don't try it!!!

Joseph May 29, 2009

Funny. Cathy is my neighbor too. The photos are doctored(at least the second one is). There are at least 5 crowns in the patient's mouth that appear a bit lighter in the 2nd photo. Also, some teeth in the back can be seen now. There is no bleaching product that can whithen crowns. I should know, since I have been a dentist for over 25 years.

• Ki
    kimthazme May 31, 2009

Hi everyone. I feel like an idiot. I just ordered the free-trial on the first stuff - the Dazzle stuff. I too had a bad feeling but didn't listen. When I went to order the free trial for the 2nd, it just looked too bogus. that's when I got serious and started paying more attention! Now that I've given out my credit card, I really don't want to cancel it!! I'll check with my bank tomorrow and see if they can help me. How annoying!!

• Ka
    Kathy Jun 04, 2009

I fell for this scam also!! What an idiot I was! How awful to do this to people! My credit card company was able to cancel further shipments but I have to pay the first bill. Beware of anything that is on the internet, most are just scams! I wish I would have taken time to read this before I ordered it! A hard lesson to learn!! KB

• Da
    Danny Jun 04, 2009

I hope the creator of that website drops ###ing dead...

• Be
    bella Jun 07, 2009

I almost bit (pun intended), but also noticed that all her crowns had been lightened. Not possible.

My question: I don't usually even click on stuff like this. Is there any chance that going to her site will/did damage my computer? Firefox crashed shortly afterwards.

Thanks,

Bella

anon Jun 09, 2009

I also fell prey to this. When I talked to my credit card company, Citibank, the rep told me that they get a lot of complaints about this scam. I suggested that Citibank should revoke the vendors priviledges, and asked that that suggestion be passed on to management. It probably fell on deaf ears.

• Al
    Albert Jun 10, 2009

You can always challange a credit card charge if the charge is in any way fraudulent. Call you credit card company (Visa, Mastercard, whatever - not the bank that issued the card) and tell them what happened. They'll send you a form to fill out.

Explain how it was fraudulent and they will reverse the charge.

Also, complain to your local D.A. and to the state Consumer Complaint people. They're in the phone book. It might not do any good, but then again...

• Da
    Daisy Jun 11, 2009

I TOTALLY agree with complaints. You sign up for the trial and get a whole lot of other stuff that you don't even REALIZE you're getting and have to cancel. I didn't even get my free trial shipped.

• To
    Tooth in advertising Jun 15, 2009

I also came across the teeth whitening ad and Yes, Katy lives in my hometown also! I was about to order and when I used my Pay Pal Secure Credit Card ( new card number generated for each order) a message came up saying the card expiration date was before the "free" trial ended and asked for a different card. Major Red Flag! I came to this site and my suspicions were confirmed. Thanks for keeping me from making a big mistake.

• Li
    Lisa Jun 16, 2009

I fell for this too. This was an advertisement in my Hotmail. Cathy was from Tulsa just like me. This is the first and last time I will ever click on one of these scrolling advertisements. How can they get away with using the logos of so many well known companies? The endorsement logos make you feel like this could be legitimate. I ordered the first product and found that the second link did not work. So I posted a question about the link. Several hours later I went back to site (which I had book marked) and a new link was in place of the old one. I order the product. Then after receiving my orders, I went back to the website (which I had book marked) to double check the instructions. I found that the website’s layout and picture had changed along with the names of BOTH of the teeth whitening companies. I had the original two companies book marked too and they still work. If the products work together so well, why are they now different? Especially if Cathy has already used this method. So I searched for the original website. I found the same "Cathy" story several times with several different pictures of teeth, some with caps and some without. Some had crooked front teeth and some did not. Where did Cathy's caps go? They also had different teeth whitening companies. I was very angry to find this! Out of curiosity was Cathy from the same city as anyone else. Again, in the original website Cathy was from Tulsa just like me. How can they get away with this kind of scam? Again the logos make you think everything is legitimate. I wonder how ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, U.S. News, FOX News Channel and USA Today feel about this negative publicity. I wonder how Hotmail and other companies with scrolling advertisements would feel if everyone stopped clicking on these advertisements. I have cancelled my follow-up orders that these free trials automatically force you into. I hope I am only out the shipping on the trials, which total around $9. Does anyone know of a way this scam can really be stopped?

• Co
    Concered Consumer Aug 17, 2009

There are more sites like this one. It's all a scam! The person with the website is making money from the people that order through her link.

I didn't order this product, but had similar circumstances happen with another online product. They sent me a full supply even though they claimed it was a free trial, and the only was NOT to pay for it, was to return it. They also had a number to cancel further shipments within 7 days, but that did NOT work. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company, and the charges were finally taken off, and that company was blocked from any future charges.

These are all scams!! Read the fine print. Like the old saying...Nothing, for nothing!

Buyer beware!!

stefen99 Aug 29, 2009

the sad thing is idiots DONT read the fine print or study websites before they give them there credit card so the site succeeds and continues to go on never ever buy something from the internet unless you know and fully trust the site (or know someone who does) the sites will die from the fees of maintaining a websitepeople who are dumb enought to pay these websites are SUPPORTING it -.-

• Wo
    Woodie Oct 02, 2009

I am so glad to have checked googled this scamming ###'s name and found this site. If you chedk the bottom of her site in light gray (you have to actually highlight it lke you were going to copy it) there is writing that is almost not noticable. It says:
    THE STORY DEPICTED ON THIS SITE AND THE PERSON DEPICTED IN THE STORY ARE NOT REAL . RATHER, THIS STORY IS BASED ON THE RESULTS THAT SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE USED THESE PRODUCTS HAVE ACHIEVED. THE RESULTS PORTRAYED IN THE STORY AND IN THE COMMENTS ARE ILLUSTRATIVE, AND MAY NOT BE THE RESULTS THAT YOU ACHIEVE WITH THESE PRODUCTS. THIS PAGE RECEIVES COMPENSATION FOR CLICKS ON OR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS FEATURED ON THIS SITE.

* S&H charges do apply and the special offers may only be available for a limited time. It is important to ensure that you are fully aware of the terms associated with each product before you order. To make this easier for you, we have included links to the terms for each of the products below. Please keep in mind that these are separate companies and we are not the best source for information about orders or specific policies. Because these companies control their own policies, shipping and other fees may change periodically. For the Total White terms and conditions, please click here. For the Celebrity Smile terms and conditions, please click here.

Do not get fall for this scam

ANTICHRISTSUPERSTAR Oct 09, 2009

I tried to get the free trials and the website kept saying that there was an error with my credit card so did the transaction go through or no?

• Ga
    Gaffey Oct 12, 2009

Check out SharonsTeethStory.com. Very same teeth as the rest of them. Amazing isn't it? How did nature do that? Sarcasm...

This is a scam!

jonina Oct 13, 2009

hey,
    i just came across this site, wow :( i bought the free trials last night (call me naive..) but i payed by a debit card, not a credit card. im a student and i dont have much money going in often, £50 a week usually. is it likely they will take (my little)money out of my account too? let me know please, thank you.

jonina Oct 13, 2009

hey,
    i just came across this site..hm i bought the free trials last night i thought id give them a go (call me naive..)
    but i payed by a debit card, not a credit card. Now, im a student and theres little moneygoing in every week into my account. is it likely that they will take money out of my account too?? please let me know, otherwise i'll need to cancel my card.
    thanks.

stratoale Oct 20, 2009

HELLO GUYS:

I`M FROM MEXICO CITY AND I OPENED I LINK DIRECTLY FROM YAHOO, SO THIS CATHY PAGE APPEARED AND LIKE MAGIX, THERE WAS AN ENGLISH NAME OF A WOMAN LIVING NEXT DOOR... I WOULD EXPECT TO FIND SOMETHING LIKE RICKY MARTIN, LUIS MIGUEL, FRANCISCO GARCIA, , A SPANISH NAME!!!... BUT WHEN I SAW THE PICTURE THINK THAT WAS ALL i NEEDED TO SEE TO KNOW THAT THIS WAS A SCAM.

THIS GUY(GIRL) IS DOING ILLEGAL MONEY BY LYING TO PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD, AND I WONDER IF ANY AUTHORITY IN THE US CAN TRACK THIS GUY AND PUT HIM BEHIND BARS, BECAUSE IT IS NOT FAIR TO PLAY WITH THE PEOPLE`S WISHES TO IMPROVE THEIR APPEREANCE IN SOMETHING SO SENTIVE FOR MANY PEOPLE.

REGARDS TO ALL OF YOU AND I HOPE THIS KIND OF PEOPLE GET CAUGHT SOMEDAY.

ALEX