Teamcyclist.comFraud

On 1-19-09 I ordered $475 worth of cycling items from teamcyclist.com. They only delivered about $200 worth of items and told me the other items were "in Progress". On 1-26-09, they charged my credit card for all the items even though they had no idea when 1-2 of the order would be avaialble. On 1-30-09, I received an email from teamcyclist asking me to select an alternate item. I went online and selected something different. On 2-9-09, as I was looking at my order online, I saw that the alternate item I had selected was also not available. I called Team Cyclist and cancelled the entire order.
The representative told me the refund of $249 would be posted to my credit card. On 2-16-09 I received an email from Team Cyclist stating that they had issued a "Store Refund" for $219. I called them again on 2-17-09 stating that I did not want a Store Refund, I waned my credit card credited for merchandise that Team Cyclist is unable to deliver. The representative this time told me that I was going to get a refund of $241 and it should be back in my account by Monday, 2-23-09. Here I am on Monday, 3-2-09 and Team Cyclist has still not credited by credit card the amount that they charged me for merchandise that they did not have. They have also stacked additional charges on the credit card for "separate shipments" because of their own inability to ship everything at once. The representative at Team Cyclist actually had the nerve to say that Amazon.com charges you for items not delivered... as though comparing this scam of a website to the number 1 retail website in the world. I should have read about them on the web before ordering. I just hope others will see this complaint and will NOT purchase online from Teamcyclist.com. They make their website look like they have a huge warehouse of cycling goods, when in reality they have almost nothing in stock and make their money by charging add-on shipping charges and hitting your credit card for goods that they don't have and never will have. They actually owe me more than one month's interest on $249 that they fraudulently charged to my credit card.

• Br
    Brandon Mar 09, 2009

• Pe
    Pen Mar 18, 2009

I found they have had discontinued items on their website for over a year and leave them up to lure customers to order. Then, then the item is unavailable they steer the customer to more expensive items and try to avoid reimbursing the amount charged. They will charge a restocking fee for items not even shipped.

• Bl
    Blue Mar 20, 2009

I had the same experience as Pen. They do NOT have products in stocks and will do everything to prevent you from getting a refund. I wasn't able to get my money back until I threatened legal action. I make a lot of purchases through online stores and this is the only one I can say, "STAY AWAY."

jomb Jul 06, 2009

I've not had that experience. Team Cyclist offers the best selection of cycling products hands down. They are factory direct and will immediately ship everything available. If anything is backordered, they communicate it right away and give you the option of waiting, choosing an alternative that will ship immediately, or canceling. I've never had better communication from any other company or even given the options. I've had other companies just cancel off what is backordered and not even given me the option to wait or choose something else that might have been available and similar. No problem at all with Team Cyclist and think they are an awesome stand up company.

jomb Jul 06, 2009

TEAM CYCLIST ROCKS!
    No issues at all. Backorders happen sometimes, but Team Cyclist communicates with you through email and phone. No problems and they are good honest cyclists.
    Company has a huge selection and is definitely a leader in cycling. All Good with me and I'll order again.

• Ra
    RaulJ Apr 16, 2010

Purchased a pair of Shimano road shoes early Jan 2010. The sizing conversion they provided was wrong the euro 48 is not a US13 for these shoes. Returned the shoes in January and they still have not credit my credit card. At least 3 messages have been sent on thier site and each time they replied that it was a priority and it would be handled within a week or 2. Now the page says there are new owners and April 19 there is a staff to attend sales and help. This place is running a scam right now, beware.

• Tr