Tealan.comThey don't care

Z

Tealan.com advertises pricey asian antiques, but dishonestly includes modern knockoffs while claiming they are 100+ years old, then accuse the buyer of selecting the pieces from the photos listed. They refused to refund the cost, resulting in me turning to my credit card fraud department, which decided in my favor. Tealan.com refused my request for the owner's name and phone number. THEY ARE TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. GREED IS THEIR ONLY REASON FOR BEING IN BUSINESS. THEY MAKE NO ATTEMPT TO CULTIVATE RELATIONS WITH CUSTOMERS. THEY JUST DON'T CARE.

• Ca
    Caroline Yang Nov 27, 2009

I completely agree with the above reviewer. I should have done more research about the company before placing my order. Or at least I should have made them write down all the things that they promised on the phone on a piece of paper and sign before ordering, but I just trusted their words. My experience after the order was just a nightmare. I ordered a custom piece, and they had promised that nothing would leave China until I give them an approval to ship. They also promised that they would give me a step-by-step progress report to make sure that I was happy with what they were making. Well, I didn't hear from them for a couple of months, so I contacted them to find out where things were with my order. A couple of days later, they sent me the pictures of the finished product which was very different from what I originally requested. They tried to make some changes, but it was difficult to make changes when they had already cut and carved up the whole piece. We went back and forth for a few months and one day I got an email notification that the product had been shipped and my credit card had been charged. I was shocked and immediately called them to find out what was going on. They said that the product was on its way and if I refuse to accept the delivery I would need to pay the full cost of shipping and 35% of the product price as a restocking fee. This was also different from what they had promised. They promised 100% satisfaction guarantee and if for some reason I wasn't happy with the final product, they would take it back. After this horrible experience, I've realized that one cannot believe the seller's promise on its face value and should make sure to request for a proper documentation of the promise before entering a sales agreement. I don't know why I was so naive especially when the price of the product was thousands of dollars. I hope this review will help people who are considering to order things from Tealan to realize that it is a company that they need stay away from.