TD Canada Trust InsuranceDropped Customer

I have been with TD Insurance for at least 16 years that they have on the log. I know it's more like 19 years. On a Friday I get a phone call after hours from man that states call the company we are not renewing your insurance.

I call and am told I have minor infractions with my car and that they have no long term committment with loyalty. Just that they are not renewing me and without much warning. Customer service is going down the tubes these days. Everything is on auto dial 1 or 2 or 6. No humans runs phones anymore. I highly recommend you do not do insurance with TD.

• Pc
    PCA Oct 24, 2009

You're a ###. I highly doubt you have only "minor" infractions on your car that has prompted them to discontinue your insurance. Almost all businesses are conducted over the telephone now- you should drop your old school mentality and get with the program.

anonomous1234 Feb 13, 2010

Td auto insurance is really garbage. they try to get out of helping you pay for damages anyway possible and if you get in an accident and want to cancel your insurance policy since your not going to be driving for a while, they try to charge you a cancellation fee for cancelling before the end of the year and say you would be breaking the contract. I was never told i was in a contract with td auto insurance and i even asked the rep when i was signing up for the insurance if it was a contract and she said no, but apparently they tell you later when you want to cancel that it is a contract... Td auto insurance is discusting, your paying auto insurance to a company who doesn't do dick all for you when you actually need help. I switched all my services over with another bank and I'm never doing business with td again, my advice is whoever is dealing with td for anything right now, should do the same.

• Pa
    Palelot1910 May 12, 2010

Deal with a Insurance Broker.

When you buy insurance you never buy from a bank.

You buy from professionally licensed insurance brokers.

• Td
    tdgirl Dec 04, 2010

I called TD regarding my roof, they came and fixed less than a quarter, I had to paid the first 500.00 the contractor wanted to do the job private, that the reason he would not fix my whole roof, the clerk and the contractor work together at TD andget kikback, then they cancelled my insurance because I called then too many time in one year, (so they said) I had that one insurance when TD took it over from liberty more than 30 years and only once did they repair less than a quarter of my roof, this is worse than highclass robbery

• 95
    95690 Oct 06, 2011

TD insurance is TERRIBLE with a capital "T". Check around and ask anyone who insured their dwellings with TD Insurance and now has to deal with these ###s since the recent fires in Slave Lake, AB in May/2011. It's been 5 months since those fires and while other insurance companies have stepped up to the plate to deal with their clients and some are even in new houses, these dough heads are still dragging their feet and in some cases haven't even approved clients to clean up the fire damage and winter will soon be here. How long do you think they will be getting back into a house again? They seldom return calls and literally piss people off with their "I don't care attitude." DO NOT USE TD INSURANCE UNLESS YOU ENJOY THIS KIND OF TREATMENT."

• 77
    77howard Dec 28, 2011

TD insUrance co, i heard so many things but i came to know when i applied for it, after a month when i called them to check what happened about my new application, they said oUr oUr writing department cancel Ur application and please never apply again... i got shocked, never apply again, i am seriously felt very bad, why what happened, what have they seen in me. i think what ever happen is always THE best... thank you TD insUrance co, u have saved my time. WISH YOU ALL THE BAD LUCK..

• Do
    domlap Jul 04, 2013

I had a "major loss" in their terms during the Sandy Hurricane and 8 months later my house is in worst shape than after the storm. Sandy happened in the fall and my house sat through the winter without heat contents sitting outside in a container. To say TD drags their feet is an understatement. Their tactics of passing the case around to as many adjusters as possible is getting a little too obvious. I have followed their process to no avail. My house is in shambles- they gutted it stating it had asbestos in the walls and no repairs could be done until the plaster walls were removed. I wish insurance was not a requirement as I know my house would now be fixed and I would be back to normal had I not called on TD to assist in my loss and return me to same condition as prior to the storm as per my insurance contract. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. The trouble is I fear all insurance companies are going to give you the same treatment. I would willingly have gone into debt to repair the damages had I known what was coming with the insurance company. The settlement process is an elaborate scheme to get as many people involved adjusters/ experts/ contractors and sub contractors. They all want a piece of it, to grease their paws as much as they can. Good for the economy not so good for the poor sucker without a home but who is paying an insurance premium every month and a mortgage payment but who is also homeless.