Tattoo Supply DirectScam and cheating

I am a Tattoo Artist in San Diego, CA and I purchased several hundred dollars worth of supplies from this company on 10/19/2008. The company's own shipping statement was and I quote 'Please allow 4-7 business days for delivery'. The 19th was a sunday and by 6:00 a.m the morning of the 20th my payment had already cleared my bank. I received an e-mail from them the morning of the 22nd labeled 'order status update' telling me that my order has gone from pending to shipped. Even if the 4-7 business days for delivery was to start from the day my order was supposedly shipped instead of from when it was ordered, it should have arrived somewhere between the 27th and the 30th.

Its now the 4th of November and still no package. After sending them several e-mails and leaving several voicemail messages they responded with a reply that had nothing whatsoever to do with what I was inquiring about, leading me to believe that it was an automated response and there was more than likely no customer service dept.

Avoid this company at all costs unless you enjoy paying for things that don't ever come and being given the run around by a company thats only out to take your money and run.

• Aj
    AJ Nov 07, 2008

I as well have been ripped off by this company however I have not let taken it lying down. There are ways to get this company to pay their dues to the customers that they are screwing over. I have been in contact with the BBB who has done as much as they can toward the business complaints (36 complaints in a 32 month period, WOW) with little success at resolution. The next step is to contact the New Jersey Attorney General. I will leave here a link for their website and hopefully more people will let the Attorney General know what type of snakes these people are so that they don't keep getting away with it. What type of justice system lets repeat offenders off the hook by saying well it's okay just keep doing it you're only hurting innocent people. Stand up for yourself and your business and help me to get this company the reprimand they deserve.
    There are different ways to handle dealings with business to business or consumer to business but please let your voice be heard to stop the scammers in the country.

• Is
    isco6 Nov 10, 2008

I also got ripped off by this company. I ordered on july 19, and the charge cleared my bank the next day, the website gave me a delivery date of july 23. By august 12 I still had not recieved my stuff, I left several messages and emails with no response. I filed a dispute with my bank saying I never recieved my stuff and they gave my money back. The bank then contacted them and they said they shipped the stuff the day after the dispute was filed and even gave a usps shipping info. I gave no signature because I never recieved the stuff. My bank took there side and gave them the money so now I have to fight with them again cause the time limit on the dispute has passed.THEY SUCK !!!

• Gs
    gsxrboy1982 Feb 28, 2009

i ordered 357.91 dollars in ink and needles over two week ago and havent recieved any thing now it looks like i wont get anything in return looks like there is no way to get my money back.

• Gs
    gsxrboy1982 Feb 28, 2009

I ordered 357dollars and 91 cents in supplies such as ink and needles .I made my order little over two weeks ago and i havent recieved anything now after seein this site it looks like i wont get my supplies or my money back . THIS ### SUCKS ...

• Cr
    crazyskillz503 Mar 11, 2009

I was an unfortunate victim of Tattoo supplies direct, i had ordered several hundred dollars of equipment around the same time you did. The same situation i would call get a VM and i would get the run around. first i was told the was a ups error and then i was told that my order was shipped. I waited almost two months i finnaly got tired of waiting. what these ### didn't realize was i live pretty much down the road from the company. I had contacted local state police along with a company called the IC3 that is the fbi internet crime division. I also tracked down a physical address of this company though the ip address on the site. I contacted them and threatened them that if i didnt recieve my murchandise that i would have a police escort to pick it up... THREE DAYS LATER THE EQUIPMENT CAME IN THE MAIL. so... i can help anyone who has been screewed by this company just email me at [protected]@aol.com and let me kno if you would like me to help. Like i said there 20 mins from my door. And they kno when i get evolved it's not a game!

• Ar
    ariell Apr 30, 2009

I too am a victim in their little scam, I bought a starter kit for $89.90.Its been 3 weeks and still haven’t herd a damn thing from them. I work for a law firm in Utah, yeah i know a log ways away but attorney always get something resolved. Scaring the ### out of those ### would be nice as well as having them prosecuted. they are going to get whats coming to them.
    [protected]@aol.com I sent you an email I hope you get it.

• Ki
    kitty37 May 28, 2009

please help! i dont know if ive been scamed but it sure feels like it . we would like our stuff we order like everyone else in live in az and i email u crazyskillz503 so please let me know if you or anyone else can help 2 get our stuff thanks [protected]@cox.net

• Li
    Linda May 31, 2009

I placed an order with Tattoo Supplies Direct on 5/11/09, my credit card was charged on 5/12/09. I have yet to receive the $89 tattoo starter kit. Have tried to call 2x, the mailbox is full. I have e-mailed 3x, no response. Next step is to contact pay pal I guess, then the credit card company. Wish I had checked for complaints before, didn't even think about it. If anybody has further advice, please let me know. [protected]@bellsouth.net

• Pr
    Prodigyum Inks Jun 04, 2009

Hope all of u dont take this the wrong way! I have been ordering supplies from tattoosuppliesdirect.com for the past 5 years and I have never had an issue with them up until may 5th 2009! I ordered my usuall inks, needles, grommets and ink caps! I believe Mid fEBRUARY of 2008 the company was sold and under New Management! well this new management SUCKS BUTT! it has been a whole month now TODAY!! and I still have not recieved my supplies! I too tried phone email and even mail no Response! so i sent one last email to Customer Service directly on June 1st 2009! On june 2nd I recieved an Email stating ur order has been shipped with a tracking number verifying their claim! This is the last time I deal with tattoo supplies direct! NO MORE! their NEW management sucks!! their lack of communication and service sucks! before the new management any issue was always handled over the phone with Mikey! he always picked up the phone and walked with u thru the steps! I TOO AGREE! DO NOT DEAL WITH TATTOO SUPPLIES DIRECT! THEY SUCK!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM IF POSSIBLE!!

• Lo
    logan Jun 04, 2009

I am dealing with the same ###. If I could I would go up there and take care of it in person. Everyone needs to spread the work about this place. They charged my account 6 times for the same thing and now I cant get ahold of anyone from there and the mailbox is full. my email is [protected]@mohment.com if anyone has any useful information that could help me get ahold of these guys or to get my money back please email me I would really appreciate it!!!

• Lo
    logan Jun 05, 2009

Everyone go to www.bbb.com and file a complaint and get these guys closed down. It doesn't take but five minutes to do!

• Bj
    bj1 Jun 08, 2009

i too was a victim of dis bull ### company. I ordered 109 dollars worth of supplies on da 22nd of may of 09 and it is june 8th 2dai nd still no supplies. i hate dis company nd will neva again fall for a scam like dey pulled. fuqk tattoo supplies direct wit no grease!!!

• Fr
    frost Jun 10, 2009

i have been waiting two weeks and my order has not been shipped. their customer service department responded to an email i sent, surprisingly because i have left several messages on voicemail and sent about 4 emails already. they stated my purchase would be shipped next week which would make it three weeks. i sent them another e-mail that if they do not send my purchase this week and i do not receive it by next week 05/15/09-05/19/09, or get a refund, i am filing a report with local police agencies (here Fl. and there) for theft and that i will be contacting the fbi reference internet fraud. i have yet to receive a reply. i encourage everyone to do the same as this is not a civil matter. it is a crime!!! [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ba
    backwoodsboy5981 Jun 19, 2009

I also have been burned by this i tried something different today no responses to emails after e mails put any item in your cart and close out the web site you will get a e mail later with the companys new name on it in places i think they have sold out someone email me with internet fraud divisions number please [protected]@yahoo.com im wondering if joker tattoo is involved also i need phissical address of this company if anyone knows it

• Je
    jenn666 Jun 30, 2009

I too just got scammed by this company- i had ordered once bef0re, and got my order in two parts- some of it was apparently on back order, but they did let me know when the first package came. now, it has been over a month, and my order has been "processing" since the day after my order. of course they took the payment the day after my order. i have emailed, left voicemails, and faxed and NOW their voicemail box is full. i see why. what a bunch of dicks. i'm gonna do everything i can to get them shut down. ###ers.

• Ep
    Epidali88 Jul 12, 2009

This is ridiculous to even be conversing on this subject with such a capability for public eyes to see these complaints and the local government has done nothing! It is the appropriate hour for these simple minded scam artists to be slammed with the fact that fraud is not something that should be tolerated as an idiosyncracy; however, to this "company" it has obviously become a blaze business practice of theirs to assume they can walk all over their customers. The logistics of my ordering experience is unimportant but one may guess the relative timeline of events of my ordering experience. This is not a company because a company does not act so illegitimate, satisfaction of the customer and an exchange of goods or services for monetary gain is the underlining detail to being a company. I am going to be in contact with [protected]@aol.com as it appears that this person can collaborate to aid all of us out of this injustice. We need to pull together and shut this operation completely down, website and all. The complaints can only be filed and stacked so high before the government must get involved so lets make this so.

rlwilliams69 Jul 24, 2009

My son placed an order May 16, 2009, it is July 24, 2009, and after several calls and emails all he's gotten from them is an advertisement.

rlwilliams69 Jul 24, 2009

My son ordered from this company on May 16, 2009, it now July 24, 2009 and after several calls and email he's receive nothing but an advertisement. He's going back to www.protats.com. Tattoo supply direct connot be trusted.

rlwilliams69 Jul 28, 2009

I tried this link and it wounld not send -error in format. I did, however, make report with the BBB and send a form letter to the company telling them that what they are doing is theft and that I intended to take action.

• Cl
    clk1974 Aug 25, 2009

I to was ripped off by this company and like everyone else I tried calling, I sent e-mails and no response to these ###s and im pissed off. I cant believe this is going on and really theres nothing you can do. Just spread the word!!!

• Nr
    nrustigan Oct 05, 2009

I ordered from them on July 28, 2009...website said expect 4-7 days for shipping...I used a gift card for my purchase. I waited the alloted time and received nothing...I attempted to e-mail them per their website and still nothing...after at least 20 e-mail's to not only the main website but also sales, and I don't know how many attempts at calling and getting a message stating, "This number is not receiving call's..." I contacted the BBB and was advised a couple of days later that the company is no longer in business.
    I am now in the process of trying to get my money back from the gift card company and that too has been a nightmare...DO NOT PURCHASE FROM TATTOOSUPPLIESDIRECT.COM!!! I wish I had researched some more before using their fraudulent website!
    BTW, Yahoo doesn't bring up any of this negative feedback on this company...Google is what made me aware of all of this negative information...thank you Google!

• Re
    Remi121 Mar 15, 2010

Im also in the same boat I have order from them 2 times before and I received my order, they were really small orders under 20 dollars, but on 3/2/2010 my order was 100 dollars and ofcourse they are not answering my calls or emails, I didputed the transaction with my bank and they refunded me the money, the number they list on their website is not valid. Im so upset at this people I also reported them to the NJ BBB, hope they do something quick.

• Au
    Aurora_V_Overton Apr 20, 2010

I to made An order over 159.00 There website said the same thing to me if they are not in busness anymore how are they able to still take order's online someone is lieing Seem like the BBB is not on are side I should go to the news People and let them write a story about it. I really Hope krazyskillz503 can help but there are no responses with anyone saying that he helped anyone so, what to do? I will get in contact with the NJ Police department to see what the issuse is with the company and if the need a bank statement I will have one sent to them so maybe they can do something about it I also saw that they have a web builder on there site and maybe they can do something as well It is hard to tell but something has got to be done about this company they have ###ed to many people to get away with this all the time people Should know about this company...

• E3
    E320LA Jul 05, 2010

WOW! So I finally - after all these years, have fell victim to a internet scam. While I have yet to see that the "company" has taken funds from my account, i do fear future attempts as they do STILL have my personal banking information. i do plan to work with my bank to assure that this does not happen but if anyone else out there has ANY suggestions as to how I can deeply investigate this matter along with this supposed, New Jersey based organization.

Any and all help is much appreciated. i have definately learned my lesson and I hope that this company or what ever they call themselves have not distroyed another persons expectation and finances with poor business acts - fraudulent business acts.

Thanks,

nonoy tukalo Sep 12, 2010

Is there a way that we can stop these scam? Ive been a victim lately and I ordered and it should be delivered to United Arab Emirates and they charge more for the delivery fee and after few emails that they sent as confirmation and was starting to be worried and its been two months now and when I check the site it was gone. Its is important that somebody would take action on this because I cannot trust anymore online tattoo purchases due to these reason and I am a tattoo artist who needs a secure and dependable site to order. I guess I cannot get my money back and it was a big amount!