Tattoo ArtistBad Business Practices

S

PSYCHOTIC FAMILY I went to this place for them to fix a tattoo that was done wrong by Reo's Tattooing. They charged me $200.00 to lighten a certain area of my tattoo so I paid them the money hoping that it could be fixed. It was suppose to be in 2 parts the 2nd time I went there they told me that they couldn't fix it after the money was already paid. I went back to find out what will happen to the funds that were already paid out since they didn't complete the transaction. The owners wife said that she would give me a credit toward another tattoo which I didn't want to do but in order for me not to lose the money that was already paid I agreed to have one done. I told the wife Vickie my vision but for some reason he could not get it done so I had to go on the internet to try and find something closely related to what I wanted done. Once I found what I wanted, everything was given to them and they said that they would call by the end of the week and then I can come in and look at it. Week passed no phone call; I was also instructed to call if I didn't hear anything so I went to the shop said that they were too busy to get it done and that it would be ready the following week. Week two passed nothing, basically the same story as week one. I went by there the 3rd time and said that if they are too busy to do my tattoo then they can refund me the difference for the credit that they owed me. Every time I would go into the shop they would be either in the back smoking or at the computer doing nothing so in my mind I'm think if you are not doing nothing why aren't you working on my piece? The wife Vickie said that she was not going to give me a refund and that she was doing me a favor by giving me a discount and a refund was not going to happen. She was yelling at me so I asked her to lower her voice since I was not speaking to her in that tone so I would appreciate if she watched what she was saying. She yelled saying that she was not yelling and I should have had the tattoo artist that did the work to correct it. I asked them if they were going to do the piece or not I could never get a response. The co-owner Shane started yelling saying that he was 42 years old and didn't need this bull crap. He said that he is looking for a 2nd job in order to feed his family. He said that he didn't know where there next meal was coming from and didn't know how he was going to pay his bills or keep the shop open. Very contradicting story because they were given me a store credit toward another tattoo so if they did my piece they would get paid close to maybe 300 or 400 more dollars so that was hard for me to believe. If you tell me that you are going to work on something for me and take your time in doing your job then what would you expect the outcome is going to be if you are not working but complaining of not getting paid from work? He started threatening me in a certain tone and by his body movements and accused me of swindling. I am totally confused because swindling is taking money by fraud or deceit so who is swindling whom? He told me that this was his shop and told me to leave and have a nice day swindling other people. I never accused them of wrong doing even though I may have thought it, I never raised my voice or been disrespectful to either one of them since they were always friendly toward me. Instead of this being a professional business, they were now being driven and made everything personal. Under pressure they were unprofessional, rude, and deceitful. I hope that if someone is reading this, it helps with the decision making process.

• Sb
    SBaber Mar 05, 2011

I didn't file a complaint because the 2nd individual didn't fix it I complained because he charged me for a service and didn't finish it and tried to get out of it. He has a lot of complaints against him for this reason and I want others to know how he runs his business. I did complain against the first individual I just didn't go further into it, the 2nd person made my complaint personal and I will not let him get away with it. Thanks for your comment but I do feel that consumers need to know the good and bad of every business they are involved with. The problem is that Gont Got Ink has alot of turnovers as far as personnel and now I see why, it's bad that a person have to learn from there mistakes but my eyes are wide open now.

• Sb
    SBaber Mar 03, 2011

I didn't start a complaint with the original tattoo artist and I should have but I let it go.I didn't go back to the original artist because since he messed up the first time I didn't trust him in order to fix it.I filed a complaint with this establishment because of how they handled it, taking my money and not completing the 2nd installment as instructed. I received a letter from this establishment today saying that when I came into his store I was on drugs so now I'm dealing with defamation of character they are trying to cover up what they done which was threatening me while I was in there place of business. They said that they were trying to calm me down throughout the process which was a false statement. He said he felt threatened so that is how they reacted to asking me to leave. I am 5'7 and weigh 123 pounds but they said that I was heavily medicated, my speech was slurred and I had a hard time telling them what I wanted or needed. They said that I was skinny, sickly looking when I came in which is crazy to me since when I came into this establishment I was with my husband on back of our Harley Motorcycle so if I couldn't stand straight or heavily intoxicated that would be definately a fatality on my part since I wouldn't be able to hold on and especially since it started snowing that day. So if anyone is under the influence I would question them because of their behavior of the situation.