Target Brands / revlon color silk 04

United States Review updated:

On 6/13/19 I made a purchased at Target on Katella av in Cypress CA
I purchased two Revlon Color Silk 04. On 6/13/19 I applied color silk 04 to my hair within 2 to 3 minutes my hair turned a real dark color, my natural color is blonde, the last couple years it stated turning a sandy blonde. I have never ever had dark hair nor would I ever die it a dark color. On 6/14/19 I applied the 2nd box hoping it would lighten my hair back at least lighten it back a little but in stead it to within 2 to 3 minutes my hair turned even darker, and I started to panic and freak out, then today on the 15th I bleached it in hopes it would lighten it back to normal but it did nothing I am now to embarrassed to leave my house. The way I see it you guys as well as Revlon/Color Silk are liable and responsible. I have my receipt as well as the boxes.

Target Brands
Target Brands

• Updated by gloria janoe, Jun 16, 2019

My hair natural hair color is blonde, for the last couple years it has turned to a sandy blonde, any ways I have purchased Revlon Color Silk 04 numerous times in the past few years and never had a problem until 06/13/19 I purchased two boxes that same night I applied one box to my hair and within 2 to 3 minutes my hair turned a real dark color. I freaked out ! I have never ever had dark hair, nor would I ever want dark hair especially this dark color, then last night I applied the 2nd box hoping it would lighten my hair back a little but it did not within 3 to 3 minutes my hair darkened even more, then today the 15th I applied some bleach hoping it would lighten my hair back but it did nothing, and I have not wanted to go out of the house cause I am so embarrassed of the color my hair is, and the way I see it you guys as well as Target are liable and responsible. I have my receipt as well as the boxes

Gl
Jun 16, 2019

Comments

•   Jun 16, 2019

You put Target Brands at the top as if the Target brand product is a problem. You bought Revlon brand hair color and have an issue with it. Do you see the issue???

You blame Target twice for a Revlon product that they sell but don’t box. Do you expect Target to open each box and test the color?

Next time that you “die” your hair I’d suggest a professional salon. By dyeing it again you damaged the shaft. Then you home bleached it which further damages the shaft.

You dye hair, use hair dye, have your hair dyed and read during the dyeing. You don’t kill hair or “die” it as you stated.

To fix your mistakes, I’d visit a professional salon and have your hair treated. If you’d simply shampooed out the semi-permanent color by washing it fifteen or twenty times over a weekend, the color would have mostly faded. By bleaching it, you’ve cemented the color to your hair.

Amateurs should NOT color or dye their hair. Professionals can fix errors quickly without damaging the core. Amateurs burn their scalps and skin and then try to fix the disaster and do more damage.

•   Jun 16, 2019

Duplicate post. Your finger post didn’t garner attention so you posted again and got comments. You then complained about the comments.

“d the way I see it you guys as well as Target are liable and responsible”. Target merely sold a sealed product. You bought the wrong color or Revlon made an error. Target did nothing wrong but allow a customer like yourself in to the store.