Talent TextUnsubscribe from sms service

I am trying to unsubscribe / stop the sms message service and there is no luck in doing so. This is costing me a fortune and sending a message with the words "stop" or "unsubscribe" does not help.

The website for south africa seems not to work either - so it tells me it is a scam

Other people are complaining about the same situation.

More Talent Text Complaints & Reviews

• Ka
    Kamogelo Mar 01, 2010

I am having a similar problem I have tried several times to unsubscribe but they are still taking my money.

• Nd
    ndondi Mar 10, 2010

they been sending msg costing R10 even after i have unsubscribed more than 10 times.

• Vu
    vusi majola May 05, 2010

plz plz plz can i just unsubscribe from this i cant take it anymore
    vusi majola
    [email protected]
    073 551 6650

• Co
    Cornelia McCauley Aug 15, 2010

I am having the same problem I have tried several times to unsubscribe but they are still taking my money. i have tried emailing them...no reply, can vodacom remove them? please can someone out there help us form this scam, its costing me 140 rand a month

• Co
    Cornelia McCauley Aug 15, 2010

I subscribed to talent text, i no longer need this service, its a scam anyway, they never return any emails. I get at least 3 sms's a day it costs 10 rand an sms, the problem is I have tried several times to unsubscribe but they are still taking my money. their website never works and they have no contact details. Vodacom cant unsubscribe them. what can i do please help. I cant change my number. There must be a way!!!1

• Di
    DIYAKSHA Aug 15, 2010

i also need to unsubscribe and i don't know how to? HELP!!

• As
    Asneth Sep 28, 2010

I also tried to unsubscribe with talenttext south africa to no avail .This agency is from hell, please vodacom help us we were just trying to get a job we didnt know that they are internet robbers.

From Lindiwe

• El
    elizna Nov 14, 2010

PLEASE PLEASE stop this !! i dont have the money for it !! STOP IT NOW !! The people on the complaits board will agree that we WILLLLL take you to court and sue the $#It out of you !! STOP IT NOW!!!

• Ke
    keggsie Nov 29, 2010

I've also been caught out. Does anyone know how I can get rid
    Steve

• Sn
    snapper3 Feb 04, 2011

To unsubscribe from talent text, call 011 218 5600, it is the number for opera telecom who is the billing company used by talent text.

• Pe
    Pearl 001 Feb 10, 2011

i am trying to unsubscribe please help so far thay deducted R4610.00 from my account.That is my damn rent moneyHELP lets stop these people.REGARDS PEARL

• Lu
    Lucia Ndlovu Apr 15, 2011

its simple guys just sms stop to 43144, l was also subscribed with them, and l stopped the moment they sent me a message about a blind man, l sent an email which they did not reply to, then l knew something was wrong.

• Pr
    precious52 May 26, 2011

Its easy ladies and gentlemen, just phone your network operator and ask them to unsubscribe you from the billing service by opera telecom and they will send any e-mail to the billing company. after a day or so you will receive the confirmation that you have been unsubscribed successfully. an alternative is to sms 'STOP' to 31970. I hope this will be of assistance.

• Ta
    talenttext_seo Dec 31, 2011

For everyone who's complaning about TalentText, to the best of my knowledge, the company's head office, which is based in the UK, was forced to shut in early 2010, due to non-compliance with changes to telecom legislation at the time. I suspect, though, that the owner of the company has not turned off the billing system since then, and subscribers have continued to be billed (in south africa, the uk, australia, china, and india). Despite what some people will try to tell you, sending emails or sms's with shortcode will NOT unsubscribe you, since the company is currently inactive, and all that remains is self-propagating software linked to their subscription services. In fact, if you read their 'alerts' carefully, you'll find that it's the same alerts repeated over a 3-4 month cycle, but with dates and times changed.
    Your best bet would be to block the billing through either your phone service, or your credit card company. For those who are very annoyed, I would suggest legal action.

• Ve
    Vestar Dec 05, 2012

I'm throwing away my sim card can't be chowed all my money every time I recharge I'm not a billionaire and my worry is why didn't the sms stop after I unsubscribed this is fraud.

• Ve
    Vestar Dec 05, 2012

"also tried to unsubscribe with talent-text south Africa to no avail .This agency is from hell, please MTN help us we were just trying to get a job we didn't know that they are internet robbers" Lindiwe I had to quote and edit because I strongly agree with you I couldn't have put any better now I'm even thinking of throwing away my simcard/ starter pack.

• Ph
    Phokzin86 Feb 26, 2013

I have been trying to Stop them from billing me, i have even sent through an email, the a guy by the name of Aaron replied back and said i should sms STOP to a short code that i receive the sms from. but i told him there isnt any short code and he never responded. Thsi service has been chowing my money since 2009.

• K1
    K1D Mar 04, 2013

Luckily I didn't subscribe when I saw it was a daily charge. That's a bit much. Just wanted to know if anyone actually got any auditions from TalenText besides them stealing tens of thousands from people?

• Lo
    lozzy12344 Mar 04, 2013

for the ppl who are still being charged for text from talent text 88080, email [email protected] who will unsubscribe you.

• Ca
    Carika Stewart Sep 05, 2013

When I read all the comments, I think to change phone no will be best option!! Let me tell the clever ones here...
    I did not subscribe. I got a sms notification[little envelope], when I open msg, it start to send msg back!!! You get a pre-fix msg and by opening envelope to see who send u a msg...its already to late. MSG SEND!!! So yes, if these ppl{talenttext], gave me an option...like to read T&C[which there was none of}, I still would not have subscribe. Only when YOU get msg back..." thank you for subscribing", do you see they charge R10 a msg THEY send you!!!}
    Has anyone use these telephone numbers above and was successful?????
    Please let us know. Thank You

• Da
    Dalbro Nov 01, 2013

Talentext is nothing more than a bunch of thieves stealing money money from the public. I have so far found it impossible to unsubscribe from this service. The information they forward to you is of absolutely no value to you and I have never yet been able to get through to the numbers they give to you. What they are doing is illegal and if enough of us band together we can take out a class A court against them preventing them from from carrying on. if anybody is interested let me know, I am prepared to handle it through a lawyer of you choice. The money collected can be placed in a trust account.
    To date the best way I have found to overcome the situation is to always make sure you keep your account below the amount they deduct, but I believe it is possible to get your bank to remove authorization allowing them to deduct the money, I have not tried this yet. I would also suggest that everybody bad mouth Talentext at every opportunity they have eventually the word will get around to everybody

• Pa
    palane Nov 16, 2013

in think it shud be barred they are stealing people's money pretending to be an agency

• Mi
    Misteyn Jul 29, 2014

Here's what to do:
    - phone your network helpline
    - give them your number and ask that they remove the subscription
    Simple :)
    I know I sound like a smart ### now, but my bro-in-law actually deserves the credit.
    This subscription had me permanently out of airtime for months!