Takhar GroupAutomated call to unknown name at this number, no one to respond to

R

I recieved automated phone about unknown problem. Tried to call and recieved busy signal. Went to Takhar website and phoncall was about some unknown person debt collection. No way to inform them of this mistagke.

• Ph
    phar Dec 06, 2012

i just got off the phone with this company and they are fake the number i called was [protected] and the lady was yelling at me. they called my number looking for this man i have had this number for several years and no one by that name ever lived her then when u tell them that they are pulling up ramdom names... be careful

• Cp
    cp3530 Mar 21, 2012

Reported them to the Attorney General of New York State after being threatened to pay a debt I have no knowledge of and they refuse to mail any info. They appear to 100% scam artists as the woman threatened she would make sure I had a bad credit review for 7 years! They have offices in Niagra Falls, N.Y. thus the letter to the A.G., also filed with the A.G. of Texas as they are calling across state lines.

• Dw
    dwabmom Jun 29, 2011

I did find this website http://www.takhargroup.com/Services.html that says they do credit reporting services.

• Dw
    dwabmom Jun 29, 2011

I have also had some urgent automated messages from them, but I never call them back because they leave no info about what they are about. I just got a call from a women with the group that refused to tell me what the call was about without verifying my personal information. She wanted my phone number and she was the one who called me. I told her I'm not giving anything until I know what this is about and she threatened me by saying that I'd better do this or things would not go good for me!!! I told her I would contact the Better Business Bureau and hung up on her while she was still hollering. I saw this website and contacted the [protected] given in a previous post. I got a man and when I told him I had a complaint he connected me to a supervisor. Of course then I got a voice mail so I left a message and told them to never contact me again if this is how they do business.

• Va
    Valis Jun 15, 2011

they just called me as well saying i owe money from cd's i got all the way back in 2004 they said they sent a letter funny that letter i never got, which they said im lying about.then they were rude telling me that i owe money that yes once i did have an account for but no longer do i havent got any cd's or anything since 1999, come on now. so after fighting with them then yelling and screaming at me i called everyone i could and put many manuy complaints in, the attorney of mass told me to have them send me something written so i called back once again got screamed at by Christine and some other ###, who told me they would send me no such thing, then i asked to talk to the highest person there, once again they told me NO..So anyhow my State told me not to send any money to them funny how when u look up your file number on their website it doesnt tell what complany they are collecting for only give you BANK OF AMERICA and all the account info to send the Money to..so yeah they can kiss my ###

• Ca
    Caribgirl44 Jun 15, 2011

I have been receiving threatening sounding calls in messages left on my phone from Takhar group. The voice used is meant to scare you. I ignored their calls because I have no business with them. I decided to call them this morning 6/15 and was having a very heated conversation with a woman who called herself Nancy... In the midst of the conversation she told me "Go call Barack Obama" Now I am a proud, black woman with a strong Caribbean accent who speaks and writes better English than most people I meet. However, there was no place in this conversation for this racist, bigoted statement from this person. I know it takes a certain type to take a job that requires you to call people and be nasty to them, but this was the rudest, most out of place comment to make to someone you are trying to get to pay your client's debt. This has to be a terrible Company that should cease to exist.

JoMo Apr 07, 2011

I have been getting calls every few hours today. I am disabled and if the answering machine picks up, they hang up. If I get to the phone, they hang up. I did a search and found the only way to contact them to ask them what they want was a number I found on a website. When I called a woman wouldnt identify herself or tell me what she wanted until I gave her personal information. I told her to put it in writing and she hung up. I went to their corporate website and submitted an e-mail to stop calling, which is what the Federal Trade Commission advises. I sent it 3 times cause they seem a little dense. Maybe if we all bombarded them with requests to stop calling they would find something to occupy their day.

• Sl
    S. L. Collins GA Jun 21, 2010

Received MANY automated calls over the weekend - every hour from 930am-8 pm. VERY IMPORTANT TO CALL BACK IMMEDIATELY - but they are closed over the weekend. Tried to access the website and got a response that my number was not found. Another automated call this am was threatening and rude. Talked to person and he was RUDE, but did find out that they weren't looking for me - which I knew in the first place!!!

• Mi
    misterivan Mar 21, 2010

Got a message saying it was very important that I called back this number. Welp I have lots and lots of cell phone minutes so I've been sitting on hold for like an hour wasting their toll free number $$$ and message space but I don't know what else to do. I have no outstanding debts. Maybe they will pick up soon!

• Ho
    hotrodmamma Feb 02, 2010

They kept calling me after I called an automated number that they had and had my number removed. I finally called back and got some foreigner on the phone. He tried to get me to confirm my last name and I told him it was none of his damn business. I told him that i wanted my number removed and he said "we cannot do that" and he started with me again. I told him I'm calling the FCC and filing a complaint. Then I said "Takhar is a precinct in Afghanistan...where are you?" and he hung up. I'm reporting them to the FCC and so should you.

• Vr
    VRenee Jan 05, 2010

I had the same problem, they just would not listen to me tell them that this was not me! Finally, my temper won out, I called the woman a bi&ch and hung up. She made the mistake of calling me back and I got another number to call. Finally got a really nice guy, explained the situation, and he removed my number from the system. I believe that the number I called was:

[protected].

Hope that this helps, or call them a really nasty name and hope they call you back!

ManagerGraham Dec 10, 2009

I agree totally. I am a long time manager of a motel and they insist two tenants who I have never heard of owe them a debt from BMG. I finally managed to get to speak with a live person who insisted that as they are not tenants the motel was liable as we supposedly have rented to them!

He then insisted I give him the motels business credit card details so he could cancel the debt and stop the time wasting calls (at least one per day). When I refused and asked for details in writing he hung up on me.

As of today (Dec 10th 2009) they are still calling at least once a week and always with an automated message asking you to either call or visit their website.

To anyone reading this I would say insist on getting everything in writing as they seem to be a 100% scam.