Takealot Complaints & Reviews

Have a problem? Contact customer service, submit your complaint, find closest location, or read guest reviews below.

Takealot — unethical behavior

On Thursday, 30th of November I placed and confirmed an order of; 1. A russel hobbs sandwich maker (R279.00...

Takealotdelayed order

Hi, my takealot order has been delayed for two weeks and each time I contacted them they said i'll Receive it the same day before 5 pm but I never received my item, yesterday I received an sms saying that my item got lost from Mr delivery office, I enquired about refund they said it will take up to two weeks, this is very frustrating and they should give me a big discount for all the frustrations they put me through

Takealotfailed service & extremely late delivery

I placed an order 18 November, 3 December one of my items got cancelled because they say they dont have stock anymore, 5 December my delivery was not done, 6 December I get told they hope to deliver by the 7th but cannot gaurantee it.
    I have spoken to 6 different people and I am not getting any service

Their Smile Guarantee promise is a LIE and false advertising

Takealotno delivery

My package [protected] was scheduled for tuesday 28 November. It has been delayed and rescheduled 5 time and yet still no delivery. I phoned your call cengre every single day and spoke to 17 different people and everyone promises to resolve the issue and yet here I am again today with a delayed delivery notification. Surely a package that has been delayed this many time due to your fault should receive priority for delivery the next day.

Can you please get my delivery to me ASAP as I have been patient long enough now.

Takealotwrong delivery/exchange confusion

On 27 November, order no [protected] was delivered to my office. It was our box, but the wrong order was in the box. We received some kind of cat toy, instead of receiving 4 x movies and a Nutritech supplement. I signed for the parcel without checking it because I had never received the wrong order before.
        We had to log a ticket for every item we didn't receive, but the only option available was to log an exchange ticket for every item.
        Exchange ticket no: [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected].
        We returned the parcel with the wrong content when the first exchange was delivered, on 28 November.
        After the first drop/collect, I had to explain and fight with every single delivery guy because they wanted to collect an item and deliver the correct item. If you just read your comments on every exchange logged, you would have seen that we didn't receive any of our items in the first place!!!
        This has been the most unpleasant experience we have ever had with Takelot!!!
        Yesterday afternoon, 3 December, we receive a call from Takalot, wanting to know if we had returned the item that was wrongfully delivered to us. Yes we did return it. Check your logs!!! I cant believe how unorganized you are.
        And since when do you not include an invoice with your deliveries anymore???

Get your [censor] together!!!

wrong delivery/exchange confusion
        wrong delivery/exchange confusion

Takealotservice and delivery

I placed 2 orders [protected] and [protected] over the weekend 24th and 26th November.
          Both orders are missing items and over 2 days after me phoning emailing and asking for updates I am told the warehouse has no stock... sorry for the inconvenience! So I get billed for these items which I need by the weekend and to top it off all these orders were delivered a day or 2 late. What a nightmare.

Poor customer service. Still waiting on a solution and I am in 2 minded if I will continue shopping at takealot with poor service like this. No phone calls... No going out of the way service like you could get in a brick n motar store. Shame on takealot. I won't be spending my money with you guys with this is the way you value your customers. P.s. look at how much I have spent online over the last 3 years at Takealot it in your records. You decide if you want me back! Please do something!

Takealotorder number [protected]

i placed an order this morning at 7h30. normally i would receive an email to say i can collect item within 4 hours. my friend also placed an orfer at about the same time. he got his confirmation after about 5 hours. so i went with him to takealot warehouse. on arrival he signed in and we waited for his name to be called. the estimated time we had to wait was about 5 minutes. we arrived at 12h20. we waited and at 12h55 he eas only called. what bothers me is that people coming in after us waere all helped before him. i think this is highly unacceptable. so i walked with him to the counter to enquire about my package. they checked on my order number and i was told by the lady that nothing has been done yet on my package. she can put it through now then i have to come back in four hours time. i was unable to return again as im going away for the weekend and i needed what i ordered. sp i asked the lady to just refund me and cancek the order i will go get it at canal walk rather. she then informed me i have to call the customer care as she was unable to cancel or refund me. i called customer service and spoke to jared. he informed me that they can not refund me and that the people at the warehouse must do it. i can not believe how you treat your customers. first bad experience ive had since i started buying from you guys even before kalahari and takealot became one. i will never ever order anything from you again and its sad to say as this experience was just horrible.

Takealotdelivery

I've ordered an item #[protected] on black Friday and I was told it was going to be delivered on Monday, on Monday they went to the wrong address and they reschedule and from there it has been a series of reschedule because they lie and say I was not available, this people they don't even call to say they have arrived and even the consultants are very incompetent already I've used more money on calls that I've made, this delivery service it's really a big problem.

Takealotbad service

#[protected] - Is my order number.
                The driver could not find my address, and he phoned me 3 times while i was busy on another line and i could not pick up my phone because i am at work. I explained to him how to get here after he dropped the phone in my ear multiple times. When he finally got to my address, he started screaming at me because he phoned me and i did not answer my phone, and that it is unprofessional from my side. My colleagues even thought this was very unprofessional and bad service .

Takealotdelivery issues and incompetent call center staff

I am experiencing issues with takealot deliveries, last time the driver came and left without informing me. I ended up having to cancel the order and buying what i needed from Checkers.

Yesterday i called the call centre, requesting for them to let the driver know that i leave Sandton at 3pm daily. My order has not arrived still and there has been no correspondence. I called takealot for assistance and all they said was "I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do to help you"

I am disappointed in the service i am receiving from takealot. I will not be buying from them ever again.

Takealotprogressive kitchenware - microwave fish and vegetable steamer - transparent

I bought this Microwave Fish and Vegetable Steamer from Takealot the other day and after my 3rd use, it completely melted and deformed the lid. (attached is a picture)

I've tried to rate the product on Takealot but my bad rating was never published. I tried rating it again but then received an error stating that I've already rated the product and cannot rate it again.

I also tried contacting Takealot directly but cannot seem to find any email or contact information for them to do so.

I am honestly very disappointed. I've bought products from Takealot before and I was very satisfied in the past. I expected more from this product.

progressive kitchenware - microwave fish and vegetable steamer - transparent

Takealot — wrong item delivered order number rrn-ea88-68a1

I ordered an IPhone 6s cover to protect my phone on Takealot`s website. The item was delivered on time, but...

Johannesburg

Takealot — late delivery

I ordered some items last week and was informed that the delivery would be affected on Friday - I received a...

Cape Town

Takealotrrn-14ef-80c9

The above return was not dealt with successfully by Takealot.
                      I've given my home adres for the returtn of the item: c/o GARDEN COTTAGE @ no 51 Frangipani st, Tygerdal. Requesting a phone call from the courier when he arrives on [protected] to grant them access, and to ensure delivery only to me...
                      I've liaised with Lenovo in Roodepoort to whom i provided proof of purchase from Takealot. Lenovo is willing to assist with their device which Takealot has not, they have washed their hands.
                      They have not yet returned my PC.
                      The only response I ever receive when speaking to anyone at Takealot I will escalate, I don't know, I don't deal with that I can't put you through to who does they don't take calls, we'll send you and email, we'll call you back...my experience has been no call back no email regarding my query...It appears that your staff m.o. is ignore it and it will go away...Takealot does not advertise that this IS how you treat your customers or at least me...

Takealot — payment doesn't correlate (refund)

Hi, I purchased the Jeronimo Zoombourgini - Pink R 1, 399, on making payment I found that i was charged R...

Takealotworst company ever

Takealot wasn't prepared at all for black friday. I have been awake since 12 am on black Friday trying to purchase some stuff. At 12:30 this AFTERNOON I eventually got access to the website just to be kicked of while I was busy paying my order . I will never waste another second or cent on takealot. Shouldn't be promoting black Friday then deny your customers access for over 12 hours! Useless. That's what black Friday meant for me. Thanks a lot

Takealotsony playstation vr bundle order [protected]

Good day
                          I purchased a Sony playstation VR bundle two days ago for R5999.99, and now suddenly the same product is R4999.99. The black friday deals for these products have been on since 19 November so why the sudden price drop only now.
                          I would like that I be charged the R4999.99 and not the R5999.99 as these prices should have been reflected earlier?

sony playstation vr bundle order [protected]
                          sony playstation vr bundle order [protected]

Takealot.comterrible service

I ordered a product 3 days ago from takealot.com. Today I get an email that the product is out of stock with the supplier (reef aquatics) and it will take six days for me to get my money back.

I then call reef aquatics who surprisingly has stock and ship for next day delivery.

The folks at takealot are just lying. I received an "apology" email from them not apologising for lying to me or some admin error, but rather to say that they are sorry that I "feel the way I do".

I also call there customer care number and explain. The operator cant do anything but refer me to a supervisor (who is busy at the moment) but will call me back in less than 20min. Its been way past that and still no call. Hence this post.

Stay away. They will take your money, not deliver and you will have to wait a week for you to get your money back.

Takealotlogitech - g29 driving force racing wheel for ps3/ ps4 (ps4)

Good day, could you please explain to me how in a matter of 4 days the price of the product went from R4 150 to R9 490 and then a few hours later to R8 490?
                              That is most definitely not what the product costs, and on many other sites, the same product does not come close to the ridiculous price you guys updated it to?
                              I would appreciate it if you could come back to me regarding this issue and how you will resolve it for me!

logitech - g29 driving force racing wheel for ps3/ ps4 (ps4)

Takealot — returns and poor quality

I have placed an order at Takealot a week and a half back received the items on Friday - items were not a...

Cape Town