Takealot Complaints & Reviews

Have a problem? Contact customer service, submit your complaint, find closest location, or read guest reviews below.

Takealotdelivery not provided, as stipulated - no refund only re-credit without permission. No refund of VAT

Good day

My complaint relates to takealot (South Africa).

An/my order [Order #[protected]] placed and paid for on 21 Dec 202

In return takealot had taken my money and I had then paid for the item
VAT was charged

In turn TakeaLot had submitted to deliver the item in a few days

The items ordered were Vitagen (dog food) & Chivas (whiskey).

When I checked the order detail on the TakeaLot website, on the 27th and the 28th, both the items were to be delivered on the 28th. Note that on the 28th at midnight alchol could by law no longer be sold.

When the gentleman arrived with my delivery on the 28 Dec-2020 only one item was provided, which was the Vitagen (dog food).

He, to his credit, noted that only the one item was in transit, yet the website had shown both items deliverable and the company had undertaken to fullfull this obligation, he said he will follow-up.

I did not to cancel or for a purchase-re-credit but wanted a refund.
No communication to this effect was forthcoming neither was any mention was VAT or interest relayed.

My funds were deducted on the 21st of December and interest should be paid at the mora rate notwithstanding (with refund) that my partial so-called free delivery was nullified is also tantamount to neglegence, as TakeaLot did not communicate or fulfill their obligation, where-as my funds were taken and had I not had the wit to raise this topic, I would have been peanalised
with no compensation for the haphasard inconvenience.

In terms of the "Advertisement Code of Practice", I quote:
Section II, Clause 4.3.2 reads: "The advertiser should be ready to substantiate any claim he makes as to the value in cash terms of goods offered by him at a lower price or free; and any saving to the consumer claimed to result from the offer of goods at a price lower than their actual value"

I undertook to this submission.

Furthermore, I draw you attention to the Consumer Protection Act, Sub-Section 2.2.4
Responsible Disclosure:

These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the "CPA"). serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.

Additionally, note Addendum 5, sub-section 5.1 of the above-stated Act notes:

Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of Goods for sale by Takealot, Takealot will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, Takealot will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.

No communication, I did not ask for a re-credit and the order was automatically cancelled. No refund

Noteably, funds were deducted on the above-stated date.
By undertaking this accession, accepting a possible price change, I had taken ownership bu purchasing the product.
The fact that TakeaLot created a false expectation, deducted by fund and did not communicate warrents compensation.

I feel a fair variable compensation, considering lockdown, would be a free bottle of Chivas (which is not contrevene any legislative Act, as the Act relates to sale of alchol and is also not limioted to purchase abroad) would be just compensation.
Or a voucher of similar value with free delivery.

Looking forward, in earnest, to your response.

Regards, Say well.

Zee - [protected]

Takealotreturn of an item Purchased and not functional

I am very disappointment with the service from takealot. we had to return an item that was purchased. The item (tablet) was taken in and the return was rejected (they needed my Google email address and password) which i felt was unacceptable in view of information privacy. The Tablet is defaulting was a factory reset, which is clearly a problem. We are waiting over 3 weeks to receive the item back. this is becoming very frustrating. we have called over 8 times. each time we speak to a different person. They promise to return the item and we have still not received our item. this is beyond ridiculous and unacceptable. They don't even know the whereabouts of the item. we have even offered to collect the item from their office in Durban and we still don't have our item back.

I
      Dec 31, 2020

Takealot — 21 day promise/policy

I logged a return for my laptop on the 17th of November. They picked it up the next day. The problem I'm...

TakealotFailed delivery

Why does an order PLACED, PAID FOR AND SHIPPED before lock down get sent back?? This transaction was CONCLUDED before lockdown.!!!
      It had been concluded and dispatched, and you took it upon yourselves to flippen send it back. It had already left on its way to me. Seriously!!! The lockdown came into effect at midnight well after my package being shipped. Please resend. First in time is first in law. You can't bloody backtrack.

TakealotDelivery and tracking of my order

My order is [censored]ing late and I have no [censored]ing idea where and wen it's gonna come because ur [censored]ing tracking orders [censored]ing sucks and I am so fed up at this point first you tell me it's coming early on the 17 instead of the 21 and the i waste the whole day waiting for my order and it never came and then I want to know where my order is and there's no way of contacting anyone to get information I have to speak to some [censored]ing automated [censored] on the call line and he couldn't help me get my [censored]ing product so sort your [censored] out

R
          Dec 14, 2020

Takealot — Product paid for never received

I ordered 3 products from Take-a-lot over the Black Friday weekend. When I checked out and before I paid, I...

TakealotWrong item sent to replace item ordered

I am extremely unhappy with the product which was used to replace my order. First of all the price I paid was higher than the replacement and the only reason I ordered this specific paint was because it was for nails and paper. They do not tell you they have changed it, they just send whatever and what must I do as I live in Mozambique and its difficult to return. Also now its too late to get it for Christmas.

Secondly I scheduled a return of a product over a week ago as it was the wrong one and want to swop for correct one and still its not been collected!!

Wrong item sent to replace item ordered
          Wrong item sent to replace item ordered

TakealotWrong item delivered, definitely not the item that was purchased

In the last two years, I have purchased eight items from takealot and out of the eight items, I have returned eight items as the pictures of the items purchased and the items that were delivered are definitely not the same. I have attached a screen shot of the returns done in the past two years. The last item purchased was a dashcam which I have been searching for for a long time as I have had that same dashcam for the last six or seven years but it has finally given up now. The camera that that I received is totally different to the one advertised and that was the one that I have been searching for. I am really fed up with this attitude of theirs whereby they say that they are not the suppliers, they only distribute the items, well... They should be checking that the item picture and the item that they are about to "distribute" are the same thing. Very, very disappointed with the takealot service, or lack of service.

Wrong item delivered, definitely not the item that was purchased

TakealotOrder that keeps on changing

Good day,

I have ordered and paid for an Item on the 27th of November and was told that the Shipment date is the 10th of December and that it will be delivered on the 15th of December, Now when I had a look the tracking, the Shipping date has moved to the 23rd of December and the Delivery date to the 28th of December! I specifically checked the arrival date before ordering as this is a christmas gift for my son! Now looking at it, this gift will not be delivered before then, I am extremely frustrated and unhappy about this, if I knew you guys were going to keep on moving the shipping date and delivery date I would of made use of another online shopping website.

I'm very unhappy about this.

Louise Nel

Email address:[protected]@gmail.com

TakealotCanyon smartwatch

I bought this watch on the 30 for November 2020 the watch was working fine until the battery died. I charged it and it never connect it with the app on my phone. All I am asking for is to have another watch please. I did log a call with the Techinacal department but they decline saying there is nothing wrong with the watch. Can you please assist as this matter is frustrating. I paid for it

Takealot600watt nutribullet

Above delivered to a incorrect address, this resolved in 4 days. The box was opened. The correct address is clear on the said box. After a query by Sms the said was delivered to the correct building (apartment) The 600watt original normally comes with a grinder. Please contact me regarding the abovementioned product. Your response would be greatly helpful.

TakealotMivision 4k action camera h9r

I got the Action Camera on 28 Aug 2020.
                    The camera has a 12 month warranty.
                    Today I plugged it in and the place where you put the charger in broke off and now it is inside the Action Camera shaking around. Please can you get back to me on what I must do to get a new camera or get a refund? The Action Camera had been giving me problems for a while before with the charging port.
                    Otherwise the Action Camera was perfect thank you. Just please can you get back to me it was really useful to me. Thank you.
                    Steven Gunn [protected]@gmail.com
                    [protected]

TakealotOrder no: [protected]

I am beyond dissatisfied with the service from takealot. My order was supposed to be delivered on wednesday, but was not; received an sms to say it could not be delivered and they would reschedule for thursday. Same thing on thursday. Order could not be delivered and rescheduled for friday. I have phoned numerous times and spoken to numerous customer care agents. They each assured me it would be deliver on the day I spoke to them. But no delivery. Funny thing is... I haven't received one phone call from the courier company you have used!!! Terrible service!

Where is my order???

TakealotFilm glass protection

I have received a cracked screen protector and I'm not happy at all. Please send another one or send please refund me as soon as possible. This is the first time this happens to me with your company and I understand that mistakes can be made. So I ask nicely to please correct the mistake as soon as possible.
                        I hope that this complaint finds you well

Film glass protection
                        Film glass protection

TakealotNon delivery of order number #[protected]

I got an sms from you stating the above order would be delivered on Sunday 29 November before 5pm. No delivery on since that date. Please inform me when you intend to deliver. Your tracking system shows it was shipped but despite my being at home on both Sunday and Monday, no delivery was done. I need these items urgently now as they were intended to be birthday gifts later this week

Jo Grauls
                          cell [protected]
                          mail [protected]@gmail.com

TakealotLaptop cancelled, email says I cancelled. But it's because they listed the wrong price!!!

Paid for 2 laptops, confirmed. Then I get an email saying I cancelled the order. The laptops, both were r 3200 together. And when I checked again they are listed as r17000 and more each!!! That rand they made a mistake now my son doesn't get what he wanted. That's fraud

TakealotCell phone

I ordered my stuff on the 20th November 2020 and my order ought to have been delivered on the 27th November 2020 before 17:00 but it hasn't. When tracking it, it only shows me that its movement was last tracked on the 24th of November at Kempton Park. There hasn't been any update ever since and I'm still impatiently waiting for it. Please resolve this matter ASAP

M
                                Nov 27, 2020

Takealot — Goods not delivered: complaint #[protected]

Goods I ordered from Takealot had a delivery due date of 27/11/2020.  I track my Takealot deliveries via the...

W
                                Nov 26, 2020

Takealot — Sinotec 43" full hd digital led tv (5-year warranty)

Product: Sinotec 43" Full HD Digital LED TV (5-year warranty) Order Delivered: 2016-05-27 Return...

TakealotOrder not delivered

Placed and paid for sneeze guard and foldable table 01/11 2020. Delivery scheduled for 11/11/2020. Order not delivered called call centre 12/11/2020. Nam responded. 16/11/2020 no respond order changed status to delivered I called Tammy responded talking to courier. 20th Tammy, Manfred and Lunga also responded. Order not received/ resolved. Courier is fast and furious never called or reach delivery address.

Order not delivered