07:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fast Food Restaurants

Taco Bell / the staff is unstable

Bh May 09, 2019 Review updated:

When I arrived at this Taco Bell location, the dining room had just been mopped and there was no "wet floor" sign. That was the best I can say about my experience. There were approximately 7 employees working behind the counter. They were all arguing with one another. The employee on the register was telling (what I believe to be) the shift leader that he wasn't taking anymore orders. I used the kiosk. Then things escalated from there. The staff began shooting at each other using profanity, specifically [censored]. The shift leader yelled back at them to not use that kind of language and then turned to all the customers, as if on stage, and asked, "You don't want to hear that, do you?". There was no attempt to even reprimand any of the employees. In addition, the drink station was out of order and one of the employees had to get my drink, in which he spilled due to the chaos behind the counter-everyone bumping into each other. At the same time, he was trying to find out where the order was he had just made. Everyone was yelling and scrambling to find that order. The condiment station was bare. No napkins, no sauces, etc. This is not an acceptable experience anyplace! You could tell all the customers were just as uncomfortable as I. I inhaled my food and got out of there. I literally thought a physical fight was going to ensue among the staff. I feared for my safety. This location should be closed. No if, ands, or buts. Even though I know this will not happen, my resolution would be to replace the management as it is evident that their job is not being performed properly. I can literally cross the street to a Wendy's and have an unbelievably positive experience. Very well managed! Management makes all the difference. I will refrain from patronizing this Taco Bell again.

Comments

• Bi
      May 09, 2019

You know, it's people like you that cause these sorts of problems. Utilizing a kiosk is a prime example of why technology is going take jobs and compress human capital into even lower paying jobs, and therefore increasing transience in staff. However, this not the most asinine thing you have said/done in your post. Let's dig in.

You mentioned the staff was shooting at each other? Wow. Poor choice of words. Perhaps they were engaging in unprofessional discourse or perhaps using expletives to communicate. But, I doubt very much they were shooting at each other. If they spilled the drink behind the counter it should be of no consequence to you. I am just thankful they didn't soil the freshly mopped floor that you take for granted. Amazing! You were able to determine it was wet without the sign that is obviously there to warn total idiots. I do believe you are engaging in hyperbole with the condiment station. I would accept being out of one or a few things, but I greatly doubt it was completely bare. I think you are just complaining for the sake of doing so at this point.

Inhaling your food can cause serious health issues. Whereas it may be preferable for society if you were to engage in this action, I would strongly advise you against doing so from a medical perspective. Thank you again for providing your suggestion for the resolution to the situation. Thankfully, the trash bin is very close by. Taco Bell is grateful for your departure, but Wendy's is sorrowful for their gain.

Hope that helps!

Your friend,

Biggus Dickus

• Bu
      May 09, 2019

Little boy, he is not going to reprimand the employees in front of you all. Besides if he did that then you would be complaining about him not helping you. Then again maybe you are Wendy's trying to make your competitor look bad?

•   May 09, 2019

Why did you not just turn around and leave?

I'd love to know what time of day/night (a million dollars says it's night) that this took place. They are probably arguing because it's late as hell and they just mopped the floor and here comes your entitled ass to muddy the place up again! The arguing was probably: you take this one. No no man, all you!...

• Bm
      Jun 07, 2019

What is wrong with you people!!! He was explaining the situation to paint a picture. You know...what normal people do. I just went to a taco bell in Bonner Springs and almost witnessed the same thing. That's why I'm on here. Because these kids don't have any respect or work ethic. This guy said there were multiple employees. In the Taco Bell handbook, it states how to handle employees like that. And yes, the manager should have immediately pulled the employee off the floor and reprimanded them. There were obviously other capable employees. If the manager had been doing his job properly, the employees wouldn't have thought for a second that they could get away with that crap.

•   Jun 07, 2019

@BMB5 It was late as hell. We can tell it was crazy late because the floors were freshly mopped.

What work ethic??? You must come from a time where teenagers were brought up to be responsible and take pride in whatever they are doing. That's not the case anymore. It's hard when you go home to parents who have no work or school ethic themselves.

• Bi
      Jun 07, 2019

@BMB5 So we have @BMB5 here that ought to be called "Old Man Yelling at Cloud". You literally just said you are on here because kids don't have any respect or work ethic? Are you some kind of keyboard vigilante out for justice? How do you know what is contained within the Taco Bell Handbook? Are you a subject matter expert, or perhaps you wrote it?How were there other "Capable" employees, and furthermore, what would you define as capable?

Don't trip over your walker and cane trying to get back to the keyboard to respond. Safety first.

Hope that helps!