Having problems with T-Mobile USA?

611 (From T-Mobile Phone)
+1 844 840 6518 (Customer Service)
+1 844 428 9675 (Business)
+1 505 998 3793 (International)
+1 877 453 1304 (Payments)
12920 SE 38th St.

Bankruptcy Legal Notices
T-Mobile Bankruptcy Team, PO Box 53410, Bellevue, WA 98015-3410

Complaints & Reviews

T Mobile — out of warranty fee scam

I received a phone when I started up the plan. The phone had terrible reception and often cut out. The...

T Mobiledefective items and poor information from customer service reps

My main complaint with this company is that they totally screwed me on a phone that i upgraded to. I originally purchased a blackberry a little over a year ago. I was able to upgrade after the year of the service so i did, i upgraded to the sidekick id (i originally wanted a sidekick a year ago but they were not in stock) I paid over $100.00 and added an additional 2 years to my service contract to do this.

I received my new sidekick and for 2 days it was stuck on the activation screen so i called and they had to trouble shoot for me to get it to bypass this (the phone is completely inactive while on this screen, so i had no phone for 2 days) once this problem was solved i was able to use the phone but i noticed that all of my calls had this really high pitch sound in the ear piece and the sound would cut in and out in the conversation (i had perfect reception by the way)

So i called into tmobile and they did some trouble shooting and i went along with it and gave it a day or so and it still did the same thing as before and so i called back for a 3rd time now and they advised that i needed to replace my sim card. In order to replace the sim card you have to go to a tmobile store (the nearest one is 45 min from my home) I had to wait until the weekend to do this seeing how i have kids and work and all that good stuff during the week.

I went to the store and they advised that the sim card would cost me $20.00 and then an additional $20.00 to have the information transferred to the new one from the old one. So i refused the new sim and tried it on 2 other tmobile phones that i had and i had no issues on these phones so in conclusion it was the phone that they had sent me.

I called back to the t mobile tech support and advised and they wanted me to do more trouble shooting and i refused and demanded a new phone be sent to me. They agreed and sent out a phone. The phone they sent me is a used phone and it works worse than the first one i received.

My point is that i paid for a new phone and i have not received a phone that works properly yet. I don't think i should have to settle for a used phone seeing how i called in from day 1 on the new phone.

On top of that this same month i called in and advised that i was going on a cruise and that i needed to know how the rate would work on this cruise. The rep asked where i was going and i told him to the Bahamas and Cococay. He told me that the cost would be $2.99 a min. I received my bill and it was $322.00 instead of the normal $118.00 a month. The charges were $5.99 a min and they charged me for roaming and texting after i was told by tmobile it was included in my plan.

How do people get away with this. What is a person to do??? Advise smb!

• Ke
      Kevin Sep 17, 2008

T-Mobile tries to hide behind every bush they can to avoid replacing a phone. 99% of the time when they replace a phone, it's with a refurbished phone. The only way you can almost guarantee a new phone is going to a store and watching the reps open a box in front of you. I've had more problems with Tmobile phones (mostly ones that have MP3 players/Memory Card Slots) than I've had with any other electric devices. It's more of a hassle when you have a Sidekick/Blackberry type data devices because they require you to send them back first and they'll either fix them or send you a refurbished one (where other problems are most likely going to arise) They told me they wanted me to pay $20 dollars to ship me out another SideKick Slide, on top of the price of gas to get to the post office and the price of the shipping back the defective unit. If you complain about that issue enough they should waive the fee for you esp if you mention that you are going to go to another provider because you are having so many issues with THEIR units and are given so much of a hassle to get repaired or replaced and the lack of service quality.

All I know is that I've had tmobile for 2 years and when I get my tax return in March/April, I'm going to cancel my service (unfortunately a whopping $600) plus the last months service :-(and go with Verizon.

They are trying to make up for poor service quality with the hype over new phones like the BlackberryPearl 8220 flip phone, the HTC Dream (not official name yet) and the TMobile Android (not official name either) that are all expected to be available by year end. This is kinda like a suck-up to the public for crappy services. Don't know if it'll work or not tho.

• Xt
      XTmoblefan Jan 24, 2009

I agree whole heartedly and have had similar experence with TMobile. I entered into a contract with them for a Sidekick - Internet (texting only) for my grand daughter. Problems began within two months. From the service plan being changed to Cell phone and changes of 0ver $300. for text messages. I expected TMoble to investigate how this could happen. No calls made during that time... So it certainly wasn't my grand daughter! But settled for a credit.

Then the Sidekick stopped working - Power issues. The phone was taken to local Tmoble centers. Charger replaced. Was told that the device had water damage. If the device was not dropped in a puddle, sink or other pool of water. I needed an explanation of how this could happen.

I'm at the point my credit (current Score 800) is being jepardized by this one internet only account.

The Customer Service experience really depends upon who is at the other end. While I had to call numerous times to get changes removed while the Sidekick was unservicable, on two occasions the young ladies were quite helpful. However, on two other occasions, I was treated very disrespectfully. My questions were ignored and the Customer Care persons acted like collection agents verses dealing with the ongoing equipmenr issues. a reasonable company would offer equipment options and not threats to charge you for the remainder of the contract.

I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years. Had thought about moving to TMoble until these issues unfolded.

I'd love to hear from other Sidekick customers...

T-Mobile — lousy coverage areas!

I cannot get a signal in my own house... unless I manage to stand in certain areas of my house (never exactly...

T-Mobilefalse charges

I am being charge for a cell that I never used. I have never had a cell phone from t mobile. First letter was for $758.58 now they to pay half and call it paid in full

• Pa
        Pamela Kuma Apr 10, 2008

I had something similar happen to me. Probably a year ago and a little over a year, I turned in my 7500 blackberry and found out later that I was charched a whopping over $200. When I called to investigate, I was told I had dropped my phone in water hence it was damaged. Mind you, the only reason why I turned the phone in for an exchange was because he charging port on the blackberry was not connecting properly with the cable causing my phone to die. It could not be charged. When I called and made the complaint, I was informed that it was a well known problem and that I should send it back once I received the new one. I did just that. After trying to explain it to them that there was no way possible for me to have dropped the phone in water and then sent it their way, they still cut off my service until I paid it off.

Recently, roughly about two months ago, I encounted the same problem again. This time, I went by one of the T-mobile stores for them to double check it and confirm that it was the port. Nothing else was wrong with the phone. When I called T-mobile, I made sure I said to the representative that nothing was wrong with the phone except the charger was not connecting to the port on the phone. I also mentioned my past experience with them. The moist generated on the cell phone while UPS is transporting the phone from one destination to other is unavoidable. Needless to say, I am being charged over $200 for the phone I sent back.

This is fraud by T-mobile. How many people are returning their blackberries with same issue and are being charged 200 dollars. Imagine the amount of money they are illegally making off people who using their services. They don't make it easier for you to drop it off at a T-mobile store for them to package, knowing very well that the moist is inevitable and that is their money making outlet.
        I am going to contact Help me Howard to help me. Once this is done, I will not USE T-MOBILE AGAIN.

SORELY DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER!!!

• Gi
        girl66216 Feb 13, 2012

I have been a customer for over 15 years and had my smart phone for about a year now. I never fully used my 200MB data limit and frequently used 10% or so or my allowed amount. Last night, when I was asleep and my phone was charging, my records showed data usage of 250+MB. I called customer service and was assured it was some kind of a fluke and that a credit will be given to me since this was my first request. However, when I was transferred to next customer service agent I was told that the only way for me to avoid paying for extra usage is to sign up for a higher data plan. When I asked to be told which internet sites I allegedly "visited" to generate such significant data usage I was told that they do not have those records. I believe this is an illegal skim by T-Mobile to get people sign up for more expensive services - first they manipulate your phone/their records to claim you used excess data and then they "force" you to sign up for more expensive services under the disguise of doing you a favor. I know I did not use the phone so either T-mobile (or its partner) sold me me a defective product that connects to Internet without my permission or T-mobile manipulated its data systems. I am seeking people in similar situation so that we can possibly obtain legal representation for class action litigation. It will not cost us anything and should teach T-Mobile to respect its customers and not to falsify the data usage.

T-Mobilearea code changing problem

On Aug 2 I have requested a change of area code on a T-mobile To Go prepaid card. I have been told that the new number would be active within 24 hours. Immediately after I received a text message with the new number. 24 hours later the number was still not active. I called the customer service and was told that it could take up to 48 hours due to a backlog. After 48 hours I called again and was told that, due to a widespread technical problem, it could take up to 72 hours. After pressing to know what the nature of the problem was, I was told that it is actually not known how much it can take to perform the requested change, 2, 3, 4 days, a week... They told me to keep calling to know the status! I told them that both their service and their communication to customers was extremely poor (why did they not tell me upfront that there was a problem? I could have kept my old area code for a few more days) and that they were loosing customers. Not much of a reaction, they obviously have enough customers. The floor supervisor I spoke to is a Charlie (#[protected]). Is there a minimum guaranteed service that operators have to provide with telephone prepaid services? Thank you. Alberto Gianoli

T-Mobile — unauthorized charges!

I have been with t-mobile for over 3 yrs, and recently got a huge bill from them. After speaking to a...

T-Mobileunscrupulous underhanded and unethical behavior

I have been with T-Mobile since the Aerial days, and must say the service and support has declined dramatically over the years, until finally, I just had enough. Every month or so, the signal degraded until finally I could no longer get reception anywhere, including my home, which had worked for about a decade. Their support people were not only rude, but also incompetent. I was tricked into changing my plan, as I was grandfathered into a great rate, only to find out that they not only misrepresented what I would get on my new plan, i.e. t-zones and unlimited internet, but also boosted my charges into orbit. I was also promised I could go back to my old plan if I was not happy. Not true. It really wasn’t about the money, as I was accustomed to having bills as high as $1,800.00 ... once it was $1,400, because they signed me up for unlimited internet and then charged me by the packet. Absolutely Ridiculous. I changed to a blackberry, which they could barely get to work, and paid top dollar for it, with the promise that I could go back to my previous plan if I was unhappy (Should have been wise to them after they pulled this one on me the first time). Don’t fall for this. Not only could I not go back, but I was out over $400 bucks for a device that didn’t work, and a 2 year contract to get into my new crappy plan. I raised enough of a stink that they promised to unlock my Blackberry phone, so at least I could sell it. This they also changed their minds on, and decided keep the lock my phone, making it for the most part, a paper weight. This is quite unfair, I paid for the phone, it is my asset, my property, and they crippled it. At this point, I was pretty much fed up with T-Mobile, and gave them an ultimatum. Either fix my issues, or Cingular would. Once again, T-Mobile promised to work with me, unlock my phone and try to figure out what the problem was, but once again, they decided not to unlock my blackberry, and ignore my service issues. As I promised, I made the jump to Cingular. I had to purchase yet another Blackberry, because T-Mobile would still not unlock my device. (Note: the Cingular transition went off without a hitch.. They did exactly what they promised, and then some)

T-Mobile called, now demanding $200 dollars for breaking my contract, and another $100 for my monthly bill. My take was, no way! I feel they owe me money for my device! And as for the contract, I just signed it, nothing was working right, the contract is a 2 way street! They must provide service as promised, or the contract is null and void! My house is clearly on the map for supported areas, not to mention that I was promised that if this did not work, I could cancel. I refused to pay... After working with their billing folks, I agreed to pay the bill, if they unlocked the phone. They felt that was reasonable (I didn’t, as I felt the contract issue was totally unfair, but would have paid it just to make this all go away). Once again, they changed their minds, and refused to send me the unlock, and once again, I refused to pay. I now am being hounded by credit bureaus, threatening to damage my credit.. but, still I will not pay. It is just wrong. In summary, this would never have had to escalate to this point if T-Mobile had just been honest, upfront, and provided the service as agreed. As it stands now, they might have put a dent in my otherwise stellar credit rating, but I have cost them countless customers by sharing my experiences with everyone I deal with personally and professionally. With the competition for cell phone service being at a peak, T-Mobile should at least try to buff off their already tarnished reputation. I feel their unscrupulous underhanded and unethical behavior is rapidly catching up with them.

Buyer Beware!

• Li
            Little Lin May 20, 2013

I was call into the a t mobile store to upgrade my phone. I decide not to change my phone or service to the phone. With out my sign anything they charge me for a headset that I never received. now the want 275.00 for leaving a contract that I was not in. my bill was pay up.

Now I too have to worry about my credit.

T-Mobile Automated Systemhorrendous customer service

T-Mobile's service is horrendous and customers are not even worth $20. T-Mobile's automated system gives out incorrect information about your phone being restored in two hours. However, my service was off for more than 5 hours and a supervisor acted as if because I had a past due amount, I shouldn't be saying anything. And, one of the reps who restored it said that the system is supposed to automatically restore, but I had to call in and keep checking with them.

On top of that, they refused to refund my restore fee, but offered 100 free minutes. I told them whatever, but that I was going to still talk to a supervisor. I go back this month to check my bill and to make sure the minutes are on there and they aren't. So I call and the rep tells me that in someone else's notes it states that I didn't want the minutes. Now I sit there and tell them that that is incorrect. The rep refuses to listen and just keeps repeating like a broken record that the report states I refused them. Now you would think after the first incident of having an unhappy customer write a 2-3 page letter about their system giving out incorrect information, they would go ahead and provide good customer relations the second time around, listen to the customer, believe the customer and give me the 100 minutes as THEY offered. But they don't. I ask to speak to a supervisor AGAIN, explain the horrible customer service that I've been receiving and he sounds like the first imbecile refusing to give me the minutes that THEY offered.

T-mobile needs to be ashamed of themselves! I would tell anyone not to get their service unless they want to be treated like a servant!

Jacquelyn Bridges
          Chicago, IL

Metro by T-Mobile — the worst experience I have ever had with any company ever!

I have had the most horrible experience with Metro PCS. First of all their website happily claims 24 hour...

T-Mobileterrible customer service experience

I'm having a terrible customer service experience from tmobile so far as it has $75 of my money. I was a happy camper when I was with Cingular except their customer service which I feel is very good compared to what I'm going through with T-Mobile now.

I was told that T-Mobile had the best customer service and some cool plans. I'm a member of the American Airlines AAdvantage Program and T-Mobile has a program promotion through American Airlines offering 8000 Miles for 1 year commitment. That sounded cool and I placed an order by calling [protected] on 12/8/2006 for a Black PEBL phone with 1 Year of service for $50(Eventually will be free after $50 dollars mail in rebate). I also placed an order for a PEBL PACK VPC & CASE for $19.99 along with this order. The order number for reference is 112775xxx(I'm putting x's for security purposes). I got an email order confirmation from T-Mobile and I didn't find any tracking number even after 3 days. So I called the customer service dept again and I was told that due to the glitch in their system, It didn't generate a tracking number and Tmobile rep said that they have to cancel the original order(Order Num 112775xxx) and do a reorder with a free overnight shipping. They finally re-ordered with a new order num 112808xxx. This time I saw a tracking number, but was shocked to see about $317($299+tax) on my credit card online statement, instead of $50 + taxes. So I called TMobile the same evening, and they apologized as usual for the mess up and T-Mobile rep told me that the amount will credited back to my Credit card account in 3 days. 3 days passed by and nothing happened and called again. And after repeated callings( I spoke
            with atleast 15 representatives), finally the amount($250 + taxes) got credited back to my account after nearly 2 weeks.

During this period, it hurt me personally and finacially as T-Mobile was holding about $265 of my money . I promised my wife and kids to take them to restaurant and I could not go as my credit card had near maxed out. I have to curtail my grocery expenditure. I looked like a bad father and a bad husband. I lost nearly about 4 to 5 hours of my quality time in total by talking to the Customer Service Reps who took me no where instead of spending time with my wife and kids. I thought everything would be fine from there onwards and tried to put the whole thing behind. But I was wrong. On 1/4/2007, I got a email telling that a new line has been activated to my existing account, which I didn't approve at all. I got a package with a new black pebl phone and my credit card was charged for nearly $75 dollars, without my authorization. I called the tmobile service rep and she told me that there was an error and everything would be taken care of. When I looked at the invoice, it had an order number of 112775xxx(Which is the same order Which Initially I was told will be cancelled) and TMobile ofcourse did not cancel the original order. They messed up again. The customer service rep told me to send the package back using the return form or to return to the nearest t-mobile store. I returned the package to my nearest t-mobile store after driving 25 mins and spending my money on gas all because T-Mobile screwed up. I talked to some one from the administrative office and they told me that they will only credit back the $75 dollars after the receive the package and It would take 10 to 20 business days after they receive package. I cried foul and demanded as It's tmobile's fault that they are responsible for crediting the $75 dollars at once. She finally told me that she will transfer me to her supervisor and after waiting 20 mins, the line got disconnected or may she disconnected. Who Knows!. In a nutshell,TMobile has my $75 dollars again now and I feel betrayed and cheated by T-Mobile. Keeping my fingers crossed when I will get my money back!!

• Yu
                yulonda hawkins Sep 03, 2014

My experience with T-moblie customer service was terrilbe 9/2/2014. the rep. that i talk to this morning was speed talking i could not even get a word in!!!

• Valerie Jun 03, 2016

What others tell you about the lack of service in areas is absolutely true. I also could not get T-Mobile to give me a refund or let me out of the contract and I was only about a week outside of the refund window. If this company was really on the up and up, they would be very UPFRONT about telling you that you have a certain grace period during which the contract can be canceled if you are dissatisfied. These grace periods can be tricky because they differ from state to state. California's grace period is longer than some other states, but did anyone even tell me about the grace period? No! Not until it was too late and I was complaining about the service area.

The customer service is also the worse. I can't even begin to count how many times I talked to one person who told me one thing only to get a different answer from another rep. About six months into my horrible service, I finally gave up and picked up an AT&T contract while still paying my monthly T-Mobile payment. The moment my T-Mobile contract was due to expire, I was on the phone making sure I wasn't rolled over even one month. Did the idiots get it right? No! I can't even go into the problems I had just getting canceled.

After I finally got out, I wanted to transfer SIM cards from our AT&T phones into our T-Mobile razor phones (we love these phones.) The first ### I spoke to told me I couldn't get the unlock codes because I no longer had an account and I would need to get someone else with a T-Mobile account to put in the request for me??!! I just couldn't believe this was true, so I tried calling back and found that he was indeed a ###. The truth is that you have a three month period, after cancellation, to ask for unlock codes or to inquire about your account. Luckily, it was one of the only times I got someone who actually KNEW something at T-Mobile. I received the correct codes within a few minutes and was switched over.

Oh, yeah, my final T-Mobile bill just came in March and my contract was up on January 4. Another complaint-it took about five months to get my rebates (when I first started up with them) because they kept sending me letters saying I wasn't eligible and I was. Save yourself a LOT of hassle, anger, frustration, customer service calls and hair pulling. DON'T GO T-MOBILE!!! You'll regret it.

And, yes, I'm VERY happy with AT&T. The ONLY call I've had to make to them was to ask about the unlock codes. The first person I talked to knew that I had to ask T-Mobile for the unlock codes to their phones. Rats!!

jonathan Jun 03, 2016

im not trying to call you a liar, but a tmobile rep would not of been able to give you unlock codes on the call you requested them. we first must submit the request to the maker of the phone then we email it to you within 2-7 days.

also dont you think it would be up to you to read the terms and conditions about the return period yourself ?? sounds crazy i know. im so shocked you blame the company for u not reading your own contract that YOU signed.

T-Mobileno promissed rebate!

My cell phone was not working correctly and I needed a replacement. Because the phone was broken, I did not want to sign a new contract, just replace the phone. I explained this in detail to the sales person. I spent a lot of time with the rep at the T-Mobile store reviewing the prices and available rebates of the different phones. I chose a phone with a great rebate--$50 instant and $50 mail-in. When I went to pay, the rep then said that no rebates applied at all to my purchase! The phone cost $100.00 more than I was led to believe! I feel I was duped. I am angry and I want the rebate I was originally promised.

T-Mobile & Motorola Razr V3 — no repsonsibility and crappy phone

What a piece of absolute CRAP this phone is. Shame on me for replacing it twice with more of the same. 3 of...

T-Mobilehotspot scam!

Copy of Email to T-Mobile:

Dear T-Mobile,

I recently discovered that I am being charged $39.99/month for two T-mobile accounts, one that I use (username: mrzebhogan) and one that I have not used since Jan 2005 (username: zeb555). The "zeb555" was used for one month, from Dec 2004-Jan 2005.

The “zeb555” account was created at a time when month to month accounts with T-mobile were deactivated after one month of use unless the subscriber paid for another month). When T-mobile changed their policy and began charging subscribers for month to month plans, I signed up for a new account using the username "mrzebhogan", with the understanding that the "zeb555" was deactivated. However, "zeb555" was not deactivated and in fact T-mobile has been charging me $39.99 for that account for the past 19 months, though I have not logged on since Jan 2005 and I am an active user of another account in my name, using the same email address and credit card.

As a result, I have been charged over $700 over the past 2 years for an account that I did not know that I had and that I have not used. In addition, as a loyal T-mobile customer, I have paid T-mobile several hundred additional dollars for an account that I do use (and I do not dispute those charges).

I called T-mobile customer service and they told me that they cannot refund past 60 days. This is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE to me (since this would be a refund of $80, while I was charged over $700). As an excuse, T-mobile representative told me that it is my responsibility to monitor my bank account to make sure that I am not being overcharged.

I travel much of the year. While it is possible for me to monitor my bank accounts on occasion, I do not look at them regularly. Moreover, when I did happen to see the two T-mobile charges on my account, they usually came a day apart (on the 23rd and 24th of each month) so when I looked at my account I simply thought that I was being charged for one month on the 23rd and the second month of the 24th. It wasn’t until both charges came on the same day that I realized that something was amiss.

Your policy of blaming customers and systematic overcharging is very poor business practice. After all, I am and continue to be a loyal T-mobile subscriber! I’ve told all my friends about this and they can’t believe it! They’ve all urged me to close my account immediately and file a complaint. Still, simply closing my account is not a satisfactory resolution to this problem – I don’t want to close my account. I would like to remain with T-mobile and I would like a $700 refund.

Zeb Hogan

T-Mobile And Motorola Razr V3bad customer service and bad product!

Tuesday 7/11/06
                  T-Mobile
                  Customer Relations
                  PO Box 37380
                  Albuquerque, NM [protected]

It’s rare that I encounter a customer service issue compelling enough to take the time to write a complaint letter, but I feel that last night’s phone contact with a T-Mobile technical service representative warrants it in this case. I purchased a new Motorola RAZR V3 phone and signed up for T-Mobile’s Get More 1500 Minute and 400 text message plan through LetsTalk.com 2/9/06 (order # *****). Prior to that I’ve been a T-Mobile subscriber on different lines since mid-2003.

In the past month my phone started to turn off randomly, usually while in a call. It would behave this way either with the phone flipped open or when closed and on a call on the handsfree earpieces. It exhibited this behavior while out of town in Florida and Texas.

I looked into the problem online and tried suggested fixes such as taking the battery out every once in a while and also, all along, I’ve followed the phone’s instruction manual which advises that owners completely drain the battery periodically before letting the phone completely recharge again. In my online searches I found articles (examples enclosed) about T-Mobile (and Cingular) temporarily pulling RAZR V3s from its stores due to a Motorola-acknowledged defect on some of the phones which caused exactly the problems I’m describing. Interestingly, my phone was purchased in February and the enclosed Computerworld article indicated

T-Mobile began pulling Razr V3 phones from retail outlets on Wednesday, said T-Mobile spokesman Peter Dobrow. "There was a defective component in a limited number of shipments to us from Motorola during the month of February," he said. "Since there's no way to tell at retail which units [were defective], for the best interests of our customers we pulled them from our shelves." (my emphasis).

On the night of Monday, July 10th I was at wit’s end after the phone repeatedly powered down and interrupted several phone calls. With the phone completely still and the earpieces attached I attempted to call T-Mobile at 611. It kept powering down and restarting. I have the internet telephony application Skype on my computer so I called T-Mobile customer care through it. The first representative was very helpful and noted my problem was a technical one and said he’d transfer me to a technical support rep for RAZR V3 phones. I was connected to a woman and our conversation lasted approximately 30 minutes.

While the technical support rep used professional language (such as addressing me as “sir”) and waited to hear what I had to say, her tone all along suggested frustration with me and her suggestions all placed blame not on the phone but on something such as a faulty cell tower in Chicago or even on my perceived care of the phone. The implication seemed to be that I may not have been properly caring for my phone.

I followed her technical advice in taking out and replacing the battery, power cycling the phone, etc. She asked where I was and I said “the Chicago area,” to which she replied that “that’s probably it�we have a cell phone tower in Chicago that’s been down since June 26th and it’s an ongoing issue.” I told her that while it’s understandable a faulty tower may cause dropped calls, how exactly could it cause my phone to power off? I added that I don’t live in Chicago proper, that Chicago’s a big place with many cell phone towers, and that the same problem happened to me while recently out of town in Florida and Texas. I also mentioned the recent T-Mobile/Cingular shelve-pulling recall of RAZR V3s and that the problem that prompted it sounded exactly like my problem. She did not admit any knowledge of a T-Mobile recall or sales halting of RAZRs, which I find hard to believe.

In any case, instead of attempting to fix my problem, her goals seemed to be:

1.) to place blame on external factors (a cell tower, my possible mishandling of the phone, etc.) 2.) to not offer a replacement or concrete help and 3.) to get me off the phone. She even made an outlandish suggestion that I turn off the phone periodically throughout the day. I don’t have a home phone, this is what I use to communicate, and no other phone I’ve owned required that it be turned off a few times a day!

After sparring about the phone problem (her: it’s something else, me: it’s a publicized and acknowledged phone defect) with her for a while she begrudgingly offered me a replacement since, after all, my phone is under warranty. Wow, go figure! I pay $250+ for a phone and less than a year later it’s not functioning as a phone. Of course I want some sort of recourse! In the “replacement phone” script that followed, disclaiming all manner of future events, I found then that I’d have to pay $9.95 for UPS shipping of my new unit. I ship with UPS all the time and, while I understand T-Mobile is attempting to contain its costs, this is definitely exorbitant for shipping of an item that weighs at most two pounds. That and I’ll probably have to pay my own shipping for the unit I’m returning to T-Mobile. I asked her to waive the fee but she didn’t so I reluctantly agreed to all the (confusing and long-winded) terms in her script.

All this was frustrating enough but the worst was yet to come. After everything was done I thanked her and she said a scripted “thank you for choosing T-Mobile” goodbye, but after she thought I was off the line I heard her say in a very rude tone, as if to her nearby coworkers, “oh�.my�.GOD.” I understand the call may have been work for her. But it was work for me. I’m the one trying to fix a broken phone. I’m the one who is expressing to T-Mobile customer care that there’s a problem with my phone only to be replied to with nonsense. I’m the one trying to seek resolution only to be thwarted at every turn.

There are web posts galore that say this or that cell phone company is terrible or has bad customer service. Someone’s got a story about every company. But if you need a cell phone, you have to choose one of the companies. Sadly, after this incident, I’m highly unlikely to choose T-Mobile again after my current contract ends.

Sincerely,
                  DJ Phil.

Anita from England Mar 01, 2007

Oh my god the same thing exactly has happened to me and 5 other people who i know. But T Mobile and Motorola wont do anything.

• La
                      Larry Baker Jun 29, 2007

I have had similar experience with my Motorola C290 phone. I had problems since I purchased it a year ago with people telling me they tried to call and couldn't get through and the battery going from fully charged to no charge without use. I finally figured out the phone was turning itself off and on. I sent it to Motorola for warranty service and they received it on May 10th. Since then I have contacted them by phone and email numerous times and been told several times the issue was escalated and I would receive a response in 24 hours. The response so far has been a message that they are working on it. I just tried to call the number they left in the messages and was immediately put to a recorder that told me the message storage was full so I couldn't leave a message. I have been without the phone for two months so I had to purchase another phone. Hours wasted on the phone for nothing. Please don't make the same mistake I did and buy a Motorola product.

• La
                      Laney Godfrey Sep 06, 2007

I have had the exact same issues with the Motorola and T-Mobile. I had to call yesterday (9/5/07) to get another replacement. I purchased the phone in Nov 06. I have already did a handset exchange on 1/07 and 6/07. When I receive this phone I will have had 4 Motorola RAZR V3 in 9 months and besides the cost of the phone I have paid $40 in shipping costs. I asked for a better solution to no avail. I do not want more than I am owed, I even agreed to pay the difference for a different phone and the only way they would do anything with a different phone was to charge me and extend my contract.

• Ti
                      Tiffany Scavello Oct 08, 2007

I have been a customer of T-mobile since Dec '06. I currently have 3 lines on my account, and we all have Razr phones. In less than a year, between the 3 of us, we have had 7 razr phones. Everytime we get a new one, it does the same exact thing...powers down, the screen goes blank at random times, and even has gotten to the point where the person you are speaking to can not hear you. I am absolutely fed up with the customer service that T-mobile offers. I have finally complained enough that my fiance was given a different phone, free of charge. However, my sister's phone continues to do the same thing, and T-mobile says they can't do anything but exchange it for a new razr, and charge me shipping and handling on top of that. For them to tell me that they have no other phone in stock to offer me, is a load of poop.

• Ta
                      Tammy Poteet Nov 06, 2007

I've been a customer of T-Mobile for years (too many to even remember) Until recently i thought they were a decent company. It started in February when my Fiance got one of these infamous Razr phones. Within 3 months he was having the same issue as everyone else. Powering down and all. My Razor never powered down. And the texting was fine (provided I didn't have to type any Ts that is.) And it only failed to ring occasionally… but very randomly. I can have my phone sitting in the exact same place and sometimes it will ring. Sometimes it wont. But that's not even the reason I'm writing this. Even after all that, I was still somewhat happy with T-Mobile. Motorola was another issue. I was so happy with my service in fact, that in March I got an additional phone off my account for my elderly grandparents. Hey, at 85, you never know when you'll need to make that emergency 911 call. They live in a small rural town in Texas. Now, I'm not an idiot. I checked the T-Mobile website for coverage before I ordered and it said there was a good signal; so I went ahead and ordered it. My grandparents were so happy when they got the phone. When they would drive into town, it was very useful. But they soon realized that it just didn't work when they were at home. Didn’t work in the house. Didn't work outside in the yard. (Scratch that, it did work if they went out and stood by the road. Now I don't know about you, but I don't want my 75 yr old grandmother or my 85 yr old grandfather having to stand out next to a HIGHWAY just to make a phone call.) At this point I still wasn't upset with T-Mobile. It is a rural area and sometimes it just doesn't make financial sense for a company to spend thousands of dollars putting up a cell tower in a Podunk country area where there are few residents around. So, their website says they get a strong signal in that area and it fact they didn't, um ok can you say "false advertising?" Ok calm down. Maybe they're working on it. Maybe it's coming soon. Irregardless, the phone useless now. So I called T-Mobile to cancel the phone. I was shocked that the first rep I spoke to suggested that I find someone else in the area to give the phone to. Um, excuse me? What company tells people to give their product to someone else? That’s not even good business sense. How do you know that person will even pay their bill? Good grief.

So I called back again to get someone else. I basically told them "look I've been a loyal customer here for years. I got this phone in good faith. It doesn't work where I need it to. I want to cancel that one phone. I'm keeping my phone, but i want to cancel this one." Their response, (in short) "sure no problem but you have to pay the $200 cancellation fee. "But, the service never worked?" "Doesn't matter. The phone is based on your address not at your grandparents (translate that to mean "not where it was being used.") You can imagine the look of confusion on my face at this point. “Ok, lets just pause here for a moment. So take my phone that I have with me here now... you're telling me that you are not responsible if my phone doesn't work at my office or any other place where I use it often? That you're only responsible for the coverage at my home?! That's it?” At this point I'm thinking "Am I crazy or is the whole point of a mobile phone is that you can be MOBILE!!" maybe they should change their name from T-Mobile to NOT-Mobile. Ok I'm completely floored by this point, I can’t even argue with that rationale. I mean how do you argue with an idiot? So I said “OK fine, but you know and I know you can make an exception to this cancellation fee if you wanted to. I’m a loyal customer. The signal doesn’t work where your website says it should... blah blah blah.” (Now, one would think that they would want to waive this fee if only to keep a loyal customer. After all this one phone was only bringing in $9/mo for them. And it was a cheap phone at that. It's not like they're out some outrageously expensive paper weight (as most of their Motorola phones are). My phone alone is $90/mo. and my finance was paying almost $70/mo. But still, they wouldn't budge. Some customer service.

So what did I do? I went to that company with the big V :). I'll be paying the same price for 3 phones that I was paying for 2 with TMobile. I have unlimited texting and calls to more people. I get a great signal EVERYWHERE I need it. And more importantly so do my grandparents out in Podunk Texas. AND (talk about great customer service) the sales guy not only took an extra $100 off my phones on top of the regular mail-in rebates he also threw in some phone accessories for our phones (mine, my grandparents and my finance- who just canceled his TMobile service too) all that just to make up for the cancellation fees that T-Mobile is charging us.

Consider me a loyal VERIZON customer now.

• Ya
                      Yashwant S Chandraghatgi Nov 16, 2007

I had lost my Motorola Rockr E6 model IMEI no. [protected] purchased on 21-07-07 from Mamta Telecom, No.48, S.N.Bazaar, 3rd Main road,Gandhinagar,Bangalore-560009,
                      TEL-080-[protected] and I was not able to trace that particular handset.I had contacted the Motorola Customer care for the support but they told that there is no such feature that they could trace the handset. The only suggestion from me to Motorola is that implement the tracking of the Handset.Also there lot of cases of the Handset being stolen, if Motorola could create a separate team in at lease making an attempt to stop or minimize the crime it would make a huge difference in the Sales of the Motorola and a contribution towards society as Police is not entertaining this kind of complaint.

• Ra
                      Raghavendra Nov 15, 2008

MOTOROLA V3 GSM 850/900 - BLACK

IMEI : [protected]

LOST DATE : 15-NOV-2008

I lost my mobile while riding a vehcile with the black p0uch.
                      Kindly take this has serious complaint and kindly see that my mobile will reach me.

regs
                      Raghavendra

• Ra
                      Raghavendra Nov 15, 2008

MOTOROLA V3 GSM 850/900 BLACK

IMEI : [protected]

LOST DATE : 15-NOV-2008

i lost my mobile while i was driving the vehicle and coming back from office to home and i could
                      recognize my mobile was lost by approximately at 7:30 pm.

regs
                      Raghavendra Daipullai

T-Mobile - St. Joseph, Missouriunfair charges

I'm a single mother of two teenage daughters who works very hard for my money-70-80 a week to be exact! I have a family plan with t-mobile and I spend 120.00-160.00 a month on mine and my oldest daughter's phones. In late winter of this year we decided that we wanted to "upgrade" to better phones, so we went in to the t-mobile store and picked out two Samsung t-309 phones...then came my own little armpit of H_LL!!! My phone was really jacked up. It got NO reception ANYWHERE, the alarms would go off at completely wrong times, it would light up and blink on and off ALL the time...I mean JUST JACKED UP!!! So I called t-mobile and they sent out another one-cool. I got that one and set it all up and went to charge it on the second night and it would not charge. Luckily I hadn't sent back the first one yet,so I called them again and they sent out another one to replace BOTH of the others. I got the THIRD phone and sent back the second one, since the first one was bad but could at least be used, and that's what they told me to do. When I got the third phone I sent back the first and went on. Well, that phone was even WORSE than the other two, so I found myself on the phone with t-mobile AGAIN, but this time it was worse. By that time, my daughter was having alot more problems with her phone-she very reluctantly admitted that she also needed a new one(you know16 year olds-they'd rather DIE than give up their phone). Only this time when I got t-mobile on the phone, they said that they were having so many of these problems with these Samsung t-309 phones, that they were now replacing all of them with MOTOROLA V-360s-a completely different brand!!! Now that must be bad that they aren't replacing them with other Samsungs! So I had them sent out-just to keep you up to speed, these are phones number FOUR and FIVE! We got our brand new Motorolas in a few days and began to set up MORE new phones(youknow it gets REALLY old doing this time and again). Well, that was last month and everything has been okay.

This is where the story gets REALLY BAD!!! On my bill this month (four months after all of this started with the terrible Samsungs) I had a "restocking charge" for 156.91!!! I called them on September 28th to have this taken off. The girl, Theresa, said that she showed that all of the handsets had been returned and said that she took the charge off. The next day was the day to pay my bill and I did that at 4 in the afternoon. They shut off my service because of this charge! So I called them back and they said that the charge couldn't be taken off because THE VERY FIRST HANDSET WAS MISSING!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? If the FIRST one was still not accounted for, why did they send out FIVE more and then charge me for it FOUR months later. I sent them ALL back, and they still won't turn my service back on. When I call, they don't help me even though I've always paid my bill and they HANG UP ON ME! I only have the cellphones because I can't afford alot. I just want someone to help me. Trust me, nobody else would want to be treated like this and I have NOBODY TO HELP ME!!!!! Toni Taylor, St. Joseph, Missouri 64507-I would give you my phone number, but you couldn't call it anyway.

• Da
                        David Barnes Jul 30, 2019

T mobile been there 9 years not any longer, they blame it on your phone, they blame it on your sim card, an lie its t mobile doing or trying to do upgrades engineers dont now how beware of t mobile, i would rate them -1

• St
                        Stewart Odendhal Aug 10, 2019

On 07/31/2019 my VISA credit card ending in 1647 was charged $11.50. Please correct this situation by returning the $11.50 to my account. Please send me an email acknowledging this contact. My email is [protected]@aol.com

T-Mobile — t-mobile lies and cannot be trusted!

I am deeply disappointed in T-Mobile’s Customer Service. I have called several times to find that my...

T-Mobile — overcharging for text messages

If you have signed up for Blackberry bundled data service, you may have also inadvertently allowed t-mobile...