Having problems with T-Mobile USA?

T-Mobile USA reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 16, 2006. The latest review T-Mobile is full of incompetent liars and bullshitters was posted on Jul 28, 2021. The latest complaint the metro does not want to make a refund/cs can't find my payment for the month I didn't use was resolved on Jun 28, 2018. T-Mobile USA has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 877 reviews. T-Mobile USA has resolved 201 complaints.

T-Mobile USA Customer Service Contacts

611 (From T-Mobile Phone)
+1 844 840 6518 (Customer Service)
+1 844 428 9675 (Business)
+1 505 998 3793 (International)
+1 877 453 1304 (Payments)
12920 SE 38th St.
Bellevue, New York
United States - 98006-1350
Questions and Comments
T-Mobile Customer Relations, PO Box 37380, Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380

Bankruptcy Legal Notices
T-Mobile Bankruptcy Team, PO Box 53410, Bellevue, WA 98015-3410

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with T-Mobile USA Customer Service. Initial T-Mobile USA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for T-Mobile USA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about T-Mobile USA. Discuss the issues you have had with T-Mobile USA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

T-Mobile USA Complaints & Reviews, Page 42

T-Mobilecustomer service of t-mobile for exchage of a faulty handset

I bought Motorola Rizr phone from T-Mobile which is still under warranty. It suddenly stopped working and T-Mobile agreed to exchage the phone. Talked to Dona and Ashley from T-Mobile for almost an hour and half. They want to force me to pay for two way shipment. Besides they offered to exchange this faulty phone with another possibly used phone on which max warranty would be 90 days rather than one year. New phone comes with warranty of a year but they denied to offer it. Rather than paying for hassle, they wanted to get more money from me. At the end I was told that they will give 400 extra minutes worth 160$. Rather than that I requested just to waive off shipment cost for which they denied. I also offerred that I will collect exchanged phone from nearest T-Mobile dealer so that I do not have to pay for shipment but they did not agree to that either !! I bought a phone from dealer and so should I be able to get it exchanged through dealer. It is not written that I can not do that but they do not want to agree to that option or any other option rather than forcing me to pay more. When I suggested to pick up a replacement phone from dealer, I was asked 2-3 times that if I want my phone to be exchanged or not !! I certainly did not like such sarcastic threat and customer service experience. I am still under one year of contract so I am stuck with T-Mobile till then.

• Ca
      Cayenne923 Oct 03, 2009

Here's how it goes. You have a phone under warranty. T-Mobile's obligation is to supply you with a working phone of equal value. It does not have to be brand new. You have used your phone. So you are exchanging your used defective phone for a refurbished working phone. Seems pretty fair to me. Look at it this way: if you buy a new car, drive it for 6 months then trade it, your trade value would not be worth what you paid for it because it is used. And just as the dealer would not reimburse you for the gas you used to drive the car to the lot, T-Mobile does not pay to ship your phone. All of this is in the terms and conditions you received when you received the phone. I encourage you to read any paperwork or literature you receive when you enter into a business relationship with a company. Also, fyi, it's not that the reps were being difficult by not allowing you to go into the store to swap your phone. They just can't do that per policy. I hope you do get a working phone soon. Go ahead and do the warranty exchange. Call back and ask very nicely if they will credit the shipping as a one time courtesy. They probably will if you're nice about it.

mad Jan 28, 2009

I purchased a Samsung Behold cell phone from TMobile for Xmas, within one week the microphone stopped working, I returned the phone to my local TMobile center and to my surprise I was not given a new phone as a replacement but a refurbished phone. This after paying $100 and not to mention the manufacturing warranty that should have been honored. Now here is the best part; I gave the sales rep my social security number and my American Express card number to qualify and purchase the phone, only to find out that my identity had been stolen. I presume one of the TMobile reps stole my numbers and tried to assume my identity. I received a credit report alert stating that my address, phone, place of employment had been changed to an address unknown to me. I also got a call from American Express confirming my new address that I did not change. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE YOUR SOCIAL TO ANY TMOBILE REPs, AND DO NOT BUY FROM TMOBILE IF THE WARRANTY IS TO REPLACE A NEW PHONE WITH A REFURBISHED PHONE!!!

T-Mobile333 message

I went to t-mobile on-line because i received an text that said i message from... i went to the web site and did not see anything about messages. I sent a customer service request as well as directly responding to text. I have not received any reply or acknowledge for my request.

Reed Friedman.

Neverquit Sep 04, 2008

log in to my.t-mobile.com, go to my services, go to album, it should be a picture you received

T-Mobilescam and theft

I have been with T-Mobile for past 2 years. I have trusted them so much that I even signed up for automated billing after a few months that I joined them. I constantly receive a monthly bill of around 48 dollars. For past two months, my bills have been outrageously high. For the month of june, they charged me 166.70 and for the month of July, they charged me 441.34.

I did not notice it last month but this month, because of the huge month, the bill got my attention and I contacted T-mobile about the same. They said the bills were because of the international charges. I explained them that I have used a phone card to call internationally and these charges should not have been there. They refused to take these charges off my account.

I have used the same calling card for past 1 year and never had a problem. In fact, for the month of June, i can clearly see that in some instances, it shows the calls being made from calling card. For the calls they said I made internationally, I can clearly see that i dialed calling card number just before these calls. After talking to them the second time, the manager agreed to take off half the charges as a matter of 'Good Will' but I still don't understand why i need to pay for the calls I never made.

I canceled the service immediately and will never sign up with T-mobile again. I will inform the student body at university of memphis, where I went to graduate school that they boycott TMobile. I will do the same at Washington University where I presently work.

T-Mobilecell phone in iraq

Letter to Sue Nokes, CCOO of T-Mobile

Sue:
        I added a second line to my account with T-Mobile so that a very close friend of mine could call home whenever he wanted to without having to stand in line at the MVC on base in Talil, Iraq. When he received the phone in the mail from me he immediately tried to call me and couldn't get through. He tried on several occasions to call, but was always cut off by the Iraqi carrier that would route him to the T-Mobile Messaging center in the U.S.

Nevertheless, after one month or less of trying to use the phone, sent it back to me. I called T-Mobile to give the phone back and let them know that the service they said we'd receive was never received and that I wanted to turn the phone off. I was quickly told that my phone bill for that phone was $333.17 (I believe that's the exact penny amount) and that bill needed to be reconciled. I was stunned to learn that there were actual charges for usage of the phone and had to investigate. Come to find out those charges were for every dropped call ( less than 3 seconds of a call trying to go through ) that my friends made. Those calls were charged and no one ever even had a conversation. Those were all calls that were routed to the T-Mobile Messaging Center and chalked up as conversations = minutes used where calls go through. Not the case.

After finally getting several of those calls taken off the bill ( over a 4 week period of time, where I spoke to 4 T-Mobile customer reps) I asked them to turn the phone off and we'll call it a failed attempt to communicate via cell from Iraq to the U.S. I was again quickly reminded that I would have to pay $200 to have that wish granted.

All the while this ordeal is going on over the Iraq phone, T-Mobile preceded to turn off my cell phone( which was paid up in full and had all my minutes available to me ). This is the cell phone on my business cards and the only number that my consultants use to reach me during the day. I was without a phone for them for 2 weeks. Not to mention it's my HOME phone too.

I paid the phone bill for the second line off once they lowered the cost for bogus calls and my cell was then turned back on. Yet, there is the lingering $200 left that needs to be paid so that the additional phone line is cut off. I'm sorry, but this is where I draw the line with this entire situation. Since I have not paid the $200 to turn off the Iraq phone ( and my cell phone is again paid for in full and the minutes unused ) again, my cell phone is shut off. This is the 2nd week I've been without my phone. Again, I have over 45 consultants that work for me as IT Developers, Network Admins, etc and have zero way for them to reach me when I'm in the field.

All of this wrapped up, means this to me:

I purchased a phone for a U.S. Soldier who has been at war in Iraq now for 2 years. I've been a T-Mobile customer since T-Mobile bought VoiceStream, where I was grandfathered in and had the choice to leave, but decided to stay with T-Mobile. I've been a loyal customer to T-Mobile that long and for that over a phone line that never worked I being treated as though you don't give one care in the world whether or not I'm your customer and have been for many many years. Stunned. I live in Little Rock, Ar and the CEO of Alltel is a close family friend. I've had the opportunity to go with them for years now and still stayed with T-Mobile.

Because I'm sickly disturbed by T-Mobile's absurd customer service practices I decided to turn this over today to Arkansas Congressman Vic Snyder, a veteran congressman and U.S. Army Veteran and as well, a family friend that is really surprised that a cell phone carrier would behave this way over a phone for a U.S. Soldier that never worked. He has copies of the bills that dictate the phone lines, charges, payments, etc and a 5 page statement from me and the U.S. Soldier in Iraq with regard to the situation I just told you about.

Before whomever he decides to speak with out this, I thought I might Google the Customer Service Manager for T-Mobile and see what comes up and try to communicate with them. I learned that you must be the highest ranking manager, so I've sent this request to you.

I'm asking that my cell phone is turned back on and the $200 charge waived. I'm seriously confused on why this is such a tall task. Is this a case yourself can take care of?

Brandy J . H.

• Ra
            ray webber Nov 17, 2007

i recently rec'd my current cell phone bill which was extremely high because i hav a pre-teen who abused our shared minutes last month. i'm aware of this bill and do not dispute anything on it. however, my sevice was interrupted a few weeks b4 my due date. there is no spending limit and no previous balance. but i was shut off "due to UNUSUAL HIGH ACTIVITY"!!!!! THEY OFFERED ME A BIGGER PLAN (WHICH I DECLINED) but they wanted me to pay before my due date or my service would be interrupted. i was fully aware of my UNUSUSL HIGH ACTIVITY and was ready to submit my payment when it was due but instead they, supervisor and everyone refused to cut back on my service. if there is no spending limit on my contract, why would you cut my sevice off if i am fully aware of my bill?! t-mobile is not an honest cellular service and i will change my sevice ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T Mobile Hot Spot — receipt not provided, no contact email to write to

I have connected to the T Mobile Hotspot at Munich Airport. Paid 8 Euros to get access. During the sign up I...

T Mobile — harassing phone calls

T- Mobile is allowing one of their customers to make several harassing phone calls to my busine...

T-Mobilevery poor customer service

T-mobile customer service is very very poor! U can verify all of your information, however the say "we cannot tell you anything about your account over the phone"! They also say "that there are fcc guidelines that prohibits them from telling the customer anything"! I have never been so disgraced by any company! I guess I will now have to explore my new options as to where to take my cellular business! T-mobile has the worst coverage and th worst dropped calls situations ever!!

• Kn
              knickerbockersfan Jan 22, 2010

If you were calling a retail store, then the representative you spoke to is correct. The retail representative cannot release any account information over the phone. If you spoke to a Customer Care Representative, the response is mostly correct. What you are dealing with is CPNI, or Customer Proprietary Network Information. These guidlines were put in place by the FCC to protect consumers in the event of an unauthorized access to an account. If the customer initiates the call to Customer Service, the Customer Service representative cannot release ANY call detail; except in three instances. The following is pasted verbatim from the FCC law pertaining to CPNI:Carrier Authentication Requirements
              1. Customer-Initiated Telephone Account Access
              13. We find that the release of call detail45 over the telephone presents an immediate risk to
              privacy and therefore we prohibit carriers from releasing call detail information based on customerinitiated
              telephone contact except under three circumstances.First, a carrier can release call detail information if the customer provides the carrier with a pre-established password.47 Second, a carrier may,
              at the customer’s request, send call detail information to the customer’s address of record.48 Third, a
              carrier may call the telephone number of record and disclose call detail information.49 A carrier may
              disclose non-call detail CPNI to a customer after the carrier authenticates the customer.50
              14. The record reflects that pretexters use evolving methods to trick employees at customer
              service call centers into releasing call detail information.51 This release of call detail through customerinitiated
              telephone contact presents heightened privacy concerns because of pretexters’ abilities to
              circumvent carrier authentication requirements and gain immediate access to call detail.

Hope this helps.

• Ti
              TiffanyTiffany Sep 12, 2009

Iceatra, employee number 0341279, will never answer any of your questions. Instead, she will yell over you, blame you, and not listen to any of your concerns.

I have been a loyal T-Mobile consumer for the last few years; however, I will never again use T-Mobile because they do not care about their customers. Tonight, I called T-Mobile because I was receiving unsolicited calls from a private number at odd hours in the night. After speaking to a T-Mobile customer representative regarding my problem, he advised me that I could opt to add a "Family Allowance" option onto my plan and randomly select any number from the phone book and in addition to that number I randomly selected, T-Mobile would block all private numbers from calling me. He advised me that this was a great option to resolve my problem of unsolicited private number prank calls. However, this option included a fee which I did not feel was warranted given the fact that it was a T-mobile number these unsolicited calls were targeting, and on no part of my own or any bad faith on my part were these private numbers calling me. I asked to speak to his supervisor regarding a waiver of the fee. Iceatra, employee #0341279, answered the phone and immediately told me that I was speaking in circles. She refused to answer any of my direction questions, but instead constantly re-informed me that I was "speaking in circles." I asked her why I could not receive a fee waiver regarding this "family allowance" program given that I did not in any way cause this problem, she immediately cut me off and yelled over me to tell me that I was "speaking in circles." She purposely refused to answer my direct, clear, and concise question. Instead, she yelled at me, was extremely rude and unprofessional, and continued to avoid all my questions.

Iceatra, employee number 034127, was rude, unprofessional, and refused to help me in any way. I have been a loyal customer to T-Mobile for the last few years; however, this October when my plan expires, I will be sure to switch providers because of this incident.

T-Mobile — poor assistance from the president's office

Fax: [protected] Attention: Robert Dotson, President and Chief Executive Officer RE...

T-Mobile — outgoing caller id

For over one month I have been trying to have my outgoing caller ID changed from Charles Boak 623-698.8011 to...

T-Mobile / Dash Cellproblems w/cell, knowledge level, cust. service

Fax: [protected]
            Date: July 17th, 2008
            Attention: Robert Dotson, President and Chief Executive Officer
            RE: XXX-XXX-XXXX

Mr. Dotson,
            I am a customer of T-Mobile and have been since 2001. I have previously brought to your attention some unfortunate issues I had experienced with the Customer Service Department back on February 2008. Your follow up to the issues brought forth to you in that letter was the “impressive” factor about T-Mobile. Although not resolved at the time, the Simple, quick and fast reply from your HQ office, as stated earlier, is the impressive part from the Executive Management Level.
            As you know, client satisfaction is very important in our current retail & wholesale industries. In these past couple years, I have had to purchase several cell phones because for one reason or another, T-Mobile has either not been able to resolve the problems or did not have enough knowledge to fix the problem or just simply suggested as a resolution - for me to purchase a new cell phone to resolve the problems.
            Listed below is the history (as far as T-Mobile’s records are kept) of all the cell phones I have had to purchase because of previous issues incurred:
            Date Purchased Cell Phone Type Amount Paid
            May-07 T-Mobile Dash $299.99
            May-06 Samsung $149.99
            Jan-05 Nokia 3660 $269.99
            Dec-04 Nokia 3660 $249.04
            Total $969.01

As you may observe, the listed above is quite an expense history just to be able to obtain fluidity of communications and functionality.

This unfortunately, is not what I had envisioned in my signing up with T-Mobile. I signed up for the promise of: quality service, quality of product, easy access to “compatibilities with office networks”, guarantee on products, loyal customers to have a priority in satisfaction of needs, pricing on new phones, offers of new competitive deals (when available) and the fabulous program of 5000 minutes for a monthly charge of $99.

These last couple of months, my experiences has become a nightmare with the problems I have had with either the T-Mobile Dash or the level of knowledge on the product or just simply Customer Service. Listed below are the summary versions of the problems encountered these last couple of months. I am also mentioning the occurrences where positive outcomes have been achieved because I do feel when good work is performed, the individuals should be recognized the time spent by us, clients to file “complaints”; we should recognize and “compliment” good service as well.

Summary of incidents:
            Positive: June 18th, 2008: I called T-Mobile because my Dash was having synchronization issues. I initially talked to Loru (ID#7058472) and after attempts at trying to fix it and could not understand how to handle the problem, transferred me to Mike (ID#341622), in Level III IT. He worked on my T-Mobile Dash from 5:38pm through 9:10 pm and in conclusion – fixed the synchronization problem I had at the time. Although, I spent a long time with the tech, I perceived him as to really care and want
            June 23rd, 2008. I called T-Mobile [protected] because I was having weird messages popping on my Dash screen – it was unable to synch and was advising me “attention required”. I spoke initially with a Jonathan who in turn, up hearing the issue –explained he would not be able to assist me since he is unfamiliar with that type of error message. He transferred me to Aaron (ID#381389) from Level II Dept. I explained to Aaron my problem and he then proceeded to read verbatim what was on the website as the possible solutions. Why do I know? He told me! I advised him this was a new issue related to my cell and to please read the notes in my file, his response was that it was a hardware problem. It was not an issue T-Mobile would get involved in and I was to contact HTC directly. He also stated the USB cable could not be attached all the time to the laptop and causing frequent synchs with the cell because it would “wear out” the mechanics of the cell. I advised him, I needed to do this because I worked from home and I did almost all my entries on the laptop. He again responded, this was not a T-Mobile issue. He then proceeded to give me the HTC 800 number [protected]. I was really upset with him, with T-Mobile yet wrote down the phone number. Also repeated this number back to him so I would be insured I was understanding this correctly and not have to call one more time, T-Mobile. He confirmed the numbers I wrote down. He also repeated one more time that T-Mobile did not follow-up with hardware issues and the 2 year contracts did not include this “type of service”. I then asked him what does the 2 year contract cover: he stated telephone call related issues. I then inquired why then get a 2 year contract if after the 1st year, all cell issues were not addressed nor fixed “as he put it”? He could not answer. Just repeated again, hardware issues were not part of the “contract”. I went to the T-Mobile main web page and filed a complaint via the Cust. Serv. Q&As on Aaron ID#381389.

I called the number Aaron had provided to me earlier and upon dialing the number, it notified me the number I was calling belonged to “Demus Customer Service”.

Now, I am fuming. I called T-Mobile again, [protected] and asked to speak to a Level III tech. All the reps once again at the various levels asked my account and password information, the nature of my call and then they transferred the call eventually. I have found Level III Techs to know a LOT more than Level II Techs – HANDS DOWN!!! The T-Mobile Dash was purchased on May 2007, I would like to bring to your attention another issue which unfortunately brings negative feedback on the product sold and the follow up services displayed at several levels. I purchased a T-Mobile Dash. I have unfortunately, had nothing but synchronization problems, lack of knowledge of the product at Level III IT in the past 3 months.

July 7th, 2008: I called the [protected]. After repetitious confirmations of account numbers, names, and passwords, I was able to reach Level III Techs because the problem could not be resolved. The error messages were:
            1. SIM card not valid/functioning
            2. The Remote party has ended this connection

Mike, the tech I spoke with and forgot to ask for the ID#, after various “off and on” attempts, we were successful in activating the service back to normal. He suggested we try to replace the SIM card on the phone at the next convenient moment for me. He stated he would add a note within my file so any T-Mobile Retail store would see the SIM replacement card is free. He also looked up the closest location of a store nearest to my home and found the Mil Creek office address. I thanked him and hung up. I immediately went to the store and replaced the SIM card.

July 15th, 20008: I called the [protected]. After repetitious entries, was advised my account had been suspended. I hung up and called again since I was cut off by the automated service dialing system. The second time around, I was able to get through to Cust. Serv. Rep., James. James verified my account number, my name, and password, listened to what my problem was: I had now 2 Dash Partnerships. I knew I could only have one, yet was hesitant on WHICH ONE to delete. I needed advice on this question. James explained he was not capable of responding to this question and transferred me to Level III Department with Mike ID#1226. Mike & I reviewed all of the information and determined which partnership “device” needed to be deleted from the Window Mobile Center. We synchronized again to ensure everything was working properly. I then had an additional question about my “history of cell purchases”, so he transferred me back to Cust. Serv. Dept. After confirming my entire name, cell phone, password, summary of my request, Walt, provided me with the information I asked for: my “cell phone purchase history” (listed at the beginning). I hung up the telephone call satisfied I had been taken care of and my issues resolved.

Positive outcome: July 8th 2008: I was having problems again with the T-Mobile Dash. It would not connect and I was not able to dial out from the cell. I called T-Mobile [protected] and after verification of my name, cell phone number and password, I spoke with AJ from the Level II, PDA&Tech Support. AJ stated since the warranty had expired on May 26th, 2008, there was nothing they, T-Mobile, could do since the phone if it was defective and for me to contact HTC directly. I advised him this was unacceptable and I wanted to speak to a Supervisor. The Supervisor, Derek (ID#3733050), at the PDA Support Department. He listed to what I said and also pointed out the same thing: warranty was expired and there was nothing which could be done. I explained again, I had purchased the cell for $300 at least and I was not satisfied with his answer, ESPECIALLY since I had been addressing problems with this for the last couple months AND Techs, had been working on this and had yet to resolve ANY of the issues. The suggestion to buy a new phone really made me lose my cool! No curse words yet I would not accept the fact that I could not get some type of resolution – another phone. A lot of back and forth went on and then he felt sorry for me I guess and also appreciated the fact that after all of these problems, I was still with T-Mobile. He showed exemplary customer service skills and resolved my issue by issuing a small extension to my warranty and replaced my phone with a new T-Mobile Dash. He also recommended I look at a Blackberry for the future and then proceeded to suggest a couple models.

On July 15th, after receiving a replacement T-Mobile Dash – I noticed the battery was running low too quickly. Talked to a T-Mobile Cust. Serv. Rep. and was advised it was the battery and to simply walk into any T-Mobile store and pick one up. I physically drove to your T-Mobile store located in Bothell, WA (MillCreek (Store #[protected] Bothell Everett HWY, Bothell, WA 98021).
            I was attended by a very nice gentleman, receding hair line, blond, around 32 yrs. Old – (unfortunately I did not catch the name). Upon my requesting a replacement battery for my T-Mobile Dash, the gentleman looked at the cell and then looked online. He informed me that T-Mobile no longer carries them in the stores and they no longer sell them online. His suggestion was for me to contact H.T.C. com and order one directly from them. Mr. Dotson, as you may visualize, I was a little upset, yet did not create a scene and walked out quite discontent with T-Mobile. Upon arriving home, I logged onto my account with T-Mobile, and low and behold, the battery was being sold and I ordered one directly from T-Mobile online!!

This print screen (listed below) has been taken directly from the T-Mobile (general access) website.

July 16th, 7: 15 am. I called T-Mobile for some issues related to my Dash. I initially spoke with Trisha, whom confirmed my cell number account and my password. I explained the problems I was encountering and she said she would have to transfer me to another department. I agreed with her. She transferred me to Level II. I spoke to a Brian at the Level II Department. He asked me for my cell number and then proceeded to ask me for my password. I advised him the password I was using. He then proceeded to tell me the password was incorrect. He could not assist me because stated my password: “XXX” was incorrect. I then stated this was impossible since I had just been transferred from a Trisha in Cust. Service who had confirmed and verified all of the information I was providing was correct! He again insisted my account password is incorrect and could not look in the notes for this account nor provide any service related to this account since that was T-Mobile policy.

I hit the roof!! I hung up and called again the [protected]. The computerized system which starts the entire process for delegation of calls according to what we, clients, have entered at the beginning, once more advised me my account had been suspended so could not help me. This now has happened twice – yesterday as well. My account is set up for automatic billing on my Master Card.

Now, it is 7:30 am! I hung up again and called the [protected] again. This time, after my entering of my cell number and getting the same message of “account suspended”, I pressed the 0 button continuously until I get a Cust. Serv. Rep. In speaking to Brittany (in Cust. Serv. Dept.). She confirms my account was not suspended and my password was correct. I summarize this to her what my problem was and requested she transfer me directly to a Level III Department. I asked her not to take offense in this yet I knew and needed these problems to be addressed and resolved by a Level III Department. She proceeds to transfer me to a Level II Department.

Level II Tech, Bruce, ID#[protected] after confirming my account, name and password and the nature of the call. Was unfamiliar with the error messages listed below. He states he has not encountered these and wants to write them down in the notes in the file. I repeat them again so he can write them up within the notes of my file.

Problems with new T-Mobile Dash phone after 2 days of usage:
            Error messages are:
            1. Automatic response from: “The SIM cards missing or is not valid you can still make emergency calls if your service provider supports it. SIM failure.” SIM was changed earlier last week.
            2. “The following errors occurred while sending and receiving messages: Cannot connect. Be certain that your connection settings are correct then try again.” T-Mobile Dash phone (physically) replaced just 2 days ago.

He could not figure out either. However, suggested we do a Master Reset. This would clear all information in my cell currently and back up information from the laptop to the cell. So we cleared & reset the Dash. Upon my asking if all of my email accounts would transfer over to my Dash, he replied, “of course! They are all backed up on the Mobile Center and would download upon our synchronization set up.” I had stressed this since I had spent 1 hour setting the emails up and had to work with MSFT, GMAIL, and windows mobile for the other 3 accounts.

Upon clearing and resetting, the information from the “laptop” was downloaded into the cell. Unfortunately, none of the emails passed on to the cell. They needed to be “re entered” into the cell.
            Now, I asked him if he knew what he was talking about and he then proceeded to give me instructions on “going to Tools, and then looking….” I stopped him right there. I advised him that I had only Window Mobile Device Center as an option on my screen. He insisted for me to look for a “Tools” field button. After my getting frustrated and repeating several times this was not an option on the Windows Mobile Device Center – he then admitted he had no idea about Mobile Center nor had any idea on how to resolve problems with Vista and the Dash!

I thanked him for his honesty but pointed out this should have been his 1st answer, 1 hour ago vs. messing with my cell and erasing, etc. I requested for him to transfer me to Level III.

Positive part: I was transferred to a Level III tech, James ID#341643. Who confirmed my account verification and cell number to be correct? We summarized all of the problems and he advised me the errors I had received earlier in the day are not normal. We synched again and received 2 emails onto Outlook and not the rest. He confirmed that I would have to create another email with my main carrier Verizon to get the other emails. He waited while I created the Verizon email “partnership” and I received all emails on the cell. We also synchronized again putting a “dummy entry” just to make sure everything was okay. Fortunately, it was.

He also assured me that he had placed within the notes for all reps to see, a special note to transfer me directly with a Level III Department Tech, when I was addressing problems with my T-Mobile Dash. He sympathized with my frustrations and stated this note should alleviate some of my headaches on being bounced from different levels to ultimately always end up in the Level III Department. Level III techs are trained and know Vista and are very familiar with T-Mobile Dash.

It is now 10:30 am of the same day and I am creating my partnerships emails all over again. Some work and others do not. I will have to work with the entities to get the correct set up.

REMAINING PROBLEM:
            An existing problem which is pending and has Level III Techs, stumped on how to resolve.
            • On 2 occasions, Level III Techs, have created a “backup.pst files” and another ““̃̃backup.file”. Theses have both been created as to back up my existing “outlook data” before attempting to erase and reboot the cell phone or erase the existing data contained in the Windows Mobile Center.
            • Should any of these 2 be deleted, it disables the functionality of synchronization from my Laptop with the T-Mobile Dash via USB Cables.
            • Should an attempt be made to “rename” any one of these 2 files, the action may not be performed because “access” is denied.
            • SIM card error”The SIM cars is missing or is not valid you can still make emergency calls if your service provider supports it. SIM Failure.”. WHAT I DO NOW, dismantle the phone: take out SIM CARD, BATTERY, reassemble and restart the cell phone. Yesterday afternoon it happened, today, July 17th, 2008, at 7:30am during one of my calls, it happened….

As you may well be aware, just the hassle of T-Mobile verifications of name, account number, password, summary of problem and transfers from 2 to 3 departments with the same questions are asked, IS enough to drive anyone nuts!!!

The majority of the techs at the Level III, or any other departments, cannot figure out or come to a resolution to fix this problem the “backup.pst files”. After spending so much time with T-Mobile, you may imagine my hesitancy on deleting or adding any further files to my laptop.

Mr. Dotson, all of these problems are not “encounters” which customers should encounter. What would you really do if you were in my shoes? I really am trying to maintain my account with T-Mobile yet unfortunately, after continuous phone calls, hours spent with techs on issues related to service or telephone, endless transfers from Department to Departments, lengthy conversations with different techs, suggestions to replacements of phones, purchases of new phones due to resolution not found, …..it is now very, very hard to believe in delivery of resolutions.

In short, once again, I am seeking your advice and suggestions on what our next step should be. I am really, really trying to still remain loyal with T-Mobile yet the process I have had to endure, to put it frankly, “is a nightmare!

Sincerely,

Lourdes Tsukada
            CC:
            Cole Brodman (Chief Technology and Innovation Officer); Brian Kirkpatrick(Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer); Dave Miller (Senior Vice President and General Counsel); Susan Nokes (Chief Customer and Operations Officer); Neville Ray (Senior Vice President, Engineering Operations); Manuel Sousa (Senior Vice President and Chief People Officer); Rob Strickland (Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer)

• Yu
                yusuf Mar 13, 2009

I am also a T-mobile customer and its like HELL, the level of service is an embarrassment. You pay good, decent money and all they do is step on you like you're Nothing (I mean who do they think they really are). It's hopeless. I rang their Customer Care! (Right What Care) and the person I spoke to hang up the phone on me, and I it's because they are about to shutdown their lines in about 5min. But still, that's not good enough reason to hang-up like that and it’s not like as a customer I am being Abusive! Absolute nightmare. It's good to know that there are people like myself that aren't happy with T-mobile. I mean as far as I am concern I know who not to buy my next contract from!

T-Mobileinternational billing/ sidekicks

LETTER SENT TO T-MOBILE July 9, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

I need to speak with a Manager at T-Mobile regarding the customer service I have received since joining T-Mobile in September 2007. I have had major problems with my service at T-Mobile.

The first issue I had at T-Mobile started almost immediately after I began my service. I became a T-Mobile customer solely because I wanted the Sidekick 3. I purchased a Sidekick 3 directly from the T-mobile Sales Department in September 2007. I immediately had problems with the service. I called T-Mobile customer service department regarding the problems I was receiving. I was told that there was a “known” problem with the Sidekick service in New York. This should have been explained to me when I purchased the Sidekick so I could have made an informed decision as to whether I wanted to continue to purchase the Sidekick. The customer service rep told me to please bare with them because T-Mobile was working to resolve the issue. I continued to have dropped calls, little or no service, and calls where other individuals interrupted the line. I continued to call into the Sidekick department to notify them of the issues I had with my phone. I went through the process time and time again to try to identify the issue with my Sidekick to no avail. Although I had problems with my phone and phone service I faithfully paid my bill every month. I grew very weary of constantly complaining about my Sidekick problem. So, I started to only voice my complaints when I called into the customer service department to pay my bill. Once, again I continued to pay my bill although I was received mediocre cell phone service. After months of complaints I finally convinced a Sidekick customer service rep to send me a new Sidekick. I was happy to see that this resolved majority of my issues with the Sidekick. I also was disappointed because I had to suffer through months of terrible service when a simple solution was available.

Unfortunately for me this leads to yet another problem. The first replacement Sidekick that was sent to me was stolen. I diligently reported this telephone stolen the next day and another telephone was sent to me. Approximately, one month later I was billed for the stolen telephone. Apparently, the Sidekick customer service rep noted the account that the phone was stolen but regular customer service rep could not see Sidekick department account notes. After several telephone calls, the issue was resolved. I foolishly thought that my troubles with T-Mobile were done. At this time, all I wanted to do was wait out my contract and transfer to another cell phone carrier when my contract was up.

I had a vacation planned for May 22, 2008 – May 29, 2008 to the Barbados. So, in April 2008 I called T-Mobile customer service to inquire about the international rates and possibly temporarily add this service to my plan. I was verbally told that the international rate to Barbados was either .25 a minute or .50 a minute. Based on this information I told the customer service rep to add international capabilities to my plan. On July 7, 2008 I wanted to pay my bill so I sent a text message to find out my account balance. I was shocked to see that my balance was $399.00. I promptly call the customer service department to inquiry how my bill could be so much. I was then informed that the international rate is $1.49 a minute. I spoke to a customer service supervisor regarding this issue. I informed the customer service supervisor that I want the telephone conversation pulled because that was not the price that was quoted to me. (After researching the rates on the internet I also see that there is a charge for text messages). I also was not informed of any international text message charges. The customer service supervisor stated to me that the rep that added international capabilities put in the notes that he informed me that the international rate is $1.49 a minute. Had I been quoted the $1.49 a minute rate and told that there is a text message charge I would not have used my phone. You will note that all international calls were made May 22 – May 29 (with the exception of two test calls made to the hotel in April).

I am writing today to resolve this issue and to insure that the telephone conversation in fact is pulled. Throughout the terrible service I have had with T-Mobile I have always paid my bill. This is not an issue of me not wanting to pay my bill. However, I will only pay the rate that was quoted to me. I am so tired of the horrendous customer service I have received that I no longer want to be a T-Mobile customer.

MAC Oct 31, 2008

mann i most def agree with that i am a soldier in iraq for the past year and on 1 bill it to be exact 2, 500$ believe it i never even used my phone like dat calls couple texts when i waz off here and there and after that it waz in the hundreds i got about three different quotes of how much it would b here after the fact plus a quote from the tmobile website that must not be correct ...i never had problems with tmobile i had verizon b4 and alot of problems with them but ill stick it out a little while longer

T-Mobileliars

I purchased a T-mobile plan in my name for my daughter, who at the time was under age and unable to enter into a legal contract.

Since my daughter was underage, of course, she would have no credit. But the sales person ASSURRED me OVER AND OVER that when she is 18 the account can be transferred into her name. No problem, we do it all the time he says.

Well, it isn't that way. After being passed along through customer service ***, I get an apology for the situation and the information that my daughter can open a new account and prepay for one month, like a deposit, and be on a monthly billing cycle, but I would still have the existing account open.

So they would rather have two accounts outstanding that could default rather that switch the existing account into her name. I even offered to pay the one month "deposit" cost so she could have the account that is already existing.

Well, it was a no-go, like talking sense into a brick wall. My only option was to pay a cancellation fee to close the account and have my daughter open another account. What a crock!

When this contract is up - there will NEVER be another with T-mobile. (Although I was impressed in the beginning and even thought of starting a new plan with them when Verizon plan ended.)

NO T-mobile for this family - EVER! I will continue to tell my story on every forum and to every one possible. I will bad mouth this company until I can no longer communicate.

The LIES and crappy service and twisted business practices can be blown up someone else’s skirt.

neneck Jul 16, 2012

I walk into t-mobile asking for their $7 sim card and activation. The guy says, no it's $15. I walk out, and my boyfriend walks in asks for the same product with a print-out of the price, the same guy tells him, no it's not $7, it $10. I wonder how the price fell by 30 percent in 20 minutes. Maybe because they lied. To my face. Shamelessly.

• Vi
                    vince2012 Mar 03, 2010

T-Mobile are a bunch of crooks. Never walk into the branch at 110 Oxford Street London, W1. It is run by a bunch of thugs from the same ethnic group, who discuss in their own language and flog people lousy contracts. If you then return the Deputy Manager (Harms) will through you out of the store for complaining in an aggressive manner. They are a bunch of criminals.

• Ka
                    Karen M. Jul 27, 2008

I have had nothing but problems ever since I signed on with T-Mobile. The customer service people don't seem to have a clue what they are talking about, whether it's through dialing their help line, going online for help, (Forget that, they have never even bothered acknowledging my emails, let alone fixing anything!) or going into their stores, where they are all preoccupied, unorganized, and cranky because they don't want to take the time to help out customers.
                    My latest complaint is their photo album, which I cannot access. I have attempted to communciate with them on more than one occasion, and once they said that everyone was complaining about not being able to access their album, but now, nearly 2 months later, I STILL cannot access my photo album. (Thank goodness I don't have any "private" photos I wouldn't want anyone to see, otherwise I'd be paranoid to boot. I am just fed up with T-Mobile and their cold attitudes, and lack of willingness to help me. I am paying for their services, and they are not providing it. My fiance is the primary account holder, and even when I tried to get my phone number's area code changed, they refused to help me because I wasn't the account holder. I had all the necessary information, including the last 4 digits of his social security number, yet they still refused, and they were quite abrupt with me.
                    The only reason we haven't cancelled our service is because it would be a $300 cancellation fee to do it, and we only have a few months left of our plan.
                    One more thing, when my fiance signed on, the sales girl there told him we were getting the latest, state of the art phones, with my fave fives. We got neither, and are paying more than we thought we would be. The "state of the art" new phones actually turned out to be older phones that are now discontinued. So on top of everything else, T Mobile are liars. Before I had T-Mobile, I had a pay as you go phone through Virgin Mobile, and never dealt with this much aggravation. I think I will go back to them as soon as this plan is finished. I can't wait.

T-Mobileunauthorized bank deduction

About 2 uears ago right before christmas I canceled my cell phone account. I only owed them $100. Someone at their company took the liberty and went into my checking account and took out $1.350. I still don't know who, how or why they did this. It caused me to have $180 in insufficient funds. My bank manager called them and told them to put the monies back into my account. They did, but it took about 3 weeks. I was going through a divorce and was struggling financially already. I had to give up my apartment. Ir was a downward spiral as you can imagine. they never had authorization to remove any money from acc. Beware all!

• Al
                      Algonquinjcalhoun Mar 26, 2010

I totally agree that's wrong. BUT YOU HAD AUTOMATIC DEDUCTION BECAUSE YOU ARE A LOWLIFE SCUMM THAT HAD NO CREDIT AND THE ONLY WAY YOU COULD GET A ###ING PHONE IS WITH AUTO DEDUCT!!! YOu knew it, your bank knew it, and now your WAWAWAWA!!! Get g###ing over it!! You suck, your credit sucks, and go to Cricket, [censored]!!

T-Mobile — selling to unemployed

I am writing to file a complaint about T-mobile selling phones at the malls to young adults (19), that do not...

Metro by T-Mobile — don't pay the insurance

I had metro for almost 5 years and I never replaced my cell, which I love it. Bad luck..., I lost my cell...

T-Mobileextra charges

T-Mobile has billed me extra $61.06 for Usage Charges (International Calls). I informed them that I had used my calling card for making those international calls. I had used proper access number and pin number provided by Calling Card Company. I gave them the details of my calling card. They have refused to waive off the charges claiming that the charges are valid. They have agreed that I had used proper access number and pin number provided by Calling Card Company. It seems their system is defective and they refuse to recognize it or correct it.

jonstonson Jan 19, 2009

it's a calling card.. you're still using the t-mobile network.. calling cards wont change a thing through t-mobile. use a landline if you want to make international calls. PEOPLE, be smart..

• Cr
                        Crown Royal Oct 31, 2008

The problem is that most people will accidently dial the calling card number then enter the international number and hit send again. This is viewed in the system as a conference call. You should just call care and have them remove international dialing from your service to avoid making this mistake in the future. Ask about their new discount calling plan also.

• Ca
                        calvin q Jul 28, 2008

you dont have nothing. You dialed the number and not thru the card other wise you wouldn't have dialed that number you owe pay it and stop whining and pay them.

TMobilenot restoring service

My wfe and I have been t-mobile customers for about 5 years. On 5/17/2008, my cellphone was stolen. On 5/18/2008, I called a tmobile representative to cancel service on my line. The rep cancel my line and ordered a new phone a nokia 6133 but had to sign toa 2-year contract. The phone arrived on 5/21/2008. I was told to call tmobile give them my new sim card and my service would be activated. I did all these things and my phone could not be activated. I called all of 5/21, 5/22, 5/23, 5/24, e-mailed tmobile on 5/25, they were closed on 5/26, called 5/27, 5/28, talked to various reps. They claimed there was a system glitich and take 3-5 days to restore. As of today 5/30/2008, the service to my phone has not been restored and is still been given the runaround about my service. I am a over the road driver I need my service to keep in touch with my company, my family and in case I breakdown to call help when I needed. I have been generally been pleases with t-mobile until now looks no end is sight. My wife and I are very unhappy the way tmobile has treated us.

JASON LABINE Jun 05, 2013

T-Mobile will not Restore service to my phone either. I have had my phone blacklisted because my account went into collections. I paid off collections within a few months, and was told my the IMEI block on my phone would be removed. Ha! It's been 16 months now, and there is always an excuse "why". AND I am always told another department needs to handles this, but they have no contact information. When I call back. Tmobile claims that I must contact the collection agency "Midland Credit" becase they are handling this account. Yet, I have paid Midland Credit IN FULL 1 1/2 years ago. I have a letter from collections stating my account has been paid with zero balance. Tmobile will not accept that as proof of payment. Tmoblie wants Midland Credit to email the information to a Tmobile email address, but Tmobile won't tell us what that emial address is. Just a horrible JOKE! This company is so laughable & pathetic. I asked customer relations to simply call Midland Credit to verify my account status. They refuse. In fact, I actually was told to 3way call into Tmobile with a rep from Midland to verify account payment status...which I did! Yet after account was verified as paid in full, I was then told that Midland Credit needs to email the information to they mystery email address. LOL . . . I have a Samsung Galaxy phone & I suppose Tmobile just wants me to buy ANOTHER phone instead...but...after 10-15 years of service, I am HAPPY to switch providers. barf...tmobile makes me just sick. So pathetic!

T-Mobilesim card fraud

I was using my fiancée’s SIM and phone while I was in US, I cam back to India and had not used my SIM / phone for 3 months. In this time I lost my SIM card and someone in Bangalore stole it and made lot of local calls which I realized only after a month when I saw the bill of 1600$!! Now I have deactivated that SIM, however I brought a new SIM with same number as before from a local store, because I dint want to lose the contacts and could not afford another connection.

I have a list of all the phone numbers to which calls were made at that time when it got stolen. The SIM card was from T-mobile, and the customer care refused to help. I had even requested for a sim suspension before my travel, but they refused that I had ever made such a request. And I have no records of the request made now as i did not receive any request number.

Do you think it is possible to track the person who stole it and is there a way I can get him to pay my money back? If you cannot help, let me know if you know of any agency or department where I can report this and get help.

I appreciate any help you could offer!

T-Mobile Sidekick_IDfake water damage to void warranty

T-mobile is claiming my sidekick_id has water damage to avoid replacing it - especially now that they no longer sell it or have the model available, unless a useless one has been returned.
                          My issue is that ALL the white circles and markings inside the phone and on the back of the battery are snow white PLUS upon checking the charging port, I find NO CORROSION, NO RUST, NO 'GREENING' whatsoever, none at all.

• We
                              Weldo Jul 13, 2019

My phone is just over a year old and I am disabled so I don't spend much time outside. When charging the phone, the connection to the charging port is unstable and you have to have it in just the right position to get it to work. I took it to T-Mobile, they shined a flash light in the port and said it was green in there so there must be water damage. I tell them it's never been near the water. They tell me just the humidity in the air can cause the port to corrode and thereby voids the warranty. Really? Then why don't they have a cover for the port to keep the humidity out when not charging. I took the phone home and looked in the port myself with a high powered light and a jewelers magnifying glass and I could see nothing green. Smells like a scam to me.

• Ke
                              kevin50187 Aug 04, 2013

i have sent back 2 phones to tmobile where the indicators were bright white, and then later I get a letter in the mail stating water damage. I will be filing a law suit.

• La
                              La Verne May 24, 2008

After reviewing this & other complaints in the section (cell phones) and the company (t-mobile) - it has become VERY CLEAR that many of the problems STRONGLY LEAN ON WHERE THEY FIND THE PERSONNEL THAT THEY HIRE!!!

T-Mobiletmobile's defective handsets, poor customer service and negligence to resolve existing issues

Tmobile is a total rip off and i along with others are filing complaints with the bbb and ftc and you should too! Terrible customer service, they talk to you as if you're not the one putting out the money! Poor reception and coverage! multiple defective phones! And each rep you speak with explains something differently! Tmobile has got to be stopped! I am writing about the ongoing lack of support from tmobile. I recently purchased a phone within less than a 6 month period from tmobile (tmobile shadow) which was having ongoing defective issues. Tmobile did very little to resolve the issues and all they would do is send out another phone. overall i received what they would call a "multiple exchanges" and so a rep i spoke with suggested that I TRY the RIM blackberry pearl device. When I received the blackberry it too had a lot of issues, more dropped calls, terrible volume, poor features, less features, lines n the screen, the back light barely said on, tiny font although it has been adjusted, poor response, and it keeps erasing data saved by itself. I then called tmobile back only a dozen times to still be told different things. One RUDE rep noted my account that I would have to deal with the phone I DID NOT ORIGINALLY PURCHASE because TMOBILE HAS A DEAL WITH THE RESTOCKING COMPANY. but i DIDN'T MAKE A DID WITH THEM! NOR WAS I INFORMED THAT THE EXCHANGE WOULD BE MADE PERMANENT! Some reps at TMOBILE would not help me because i DIDN'T have the account holder's password at hand but gave my stalker ex boyfriend the name on my account along with other information! He couldn't even verify the account! Now tmobile is trying to charge me a restocking fee of 298 for the already purchased shadow because i returned the RIM blackberry instead! How is it that I am not only paying for tmobile's negligence but still have to stick with the rim's eye squinting features?!

nepetanip Mar 17, 2009

The person that is talking about how the blackberry pearl is good is an idiot. This is by far the worst phone I have ever gotten because it has so many defects. I haven't downloaded anything nor do I store a whole bunch of messages on it. First off my previous sim card did not transfer anything over to the blackberry "smart phone". Next is has problems with text messaging. It will not let me text message and the only way I can text message out is to forward a previous text message and then erase everything and then write my message. The next message only worked for a few days before it broke. It already had many dropped calls and as of right now I can not call or receive any phone calls or messages. You also can not send picture messages on this phone which is gay. Sometimes it sends me messages that I have already received except it is in fragments of the previous message. Yes I have paid my bill and yes I do pay for text messages and picture messages. This phone is a waste of money and I thought an expensive phone would be reliable. Ha don't waste your money because you will see a lot of problems.

jonstonson Jan 19, 2009

okay okay.. first off.. you purchased a t-mobile shadow.. a phone that completely BOMBED from t-mobile.. the phone sucks and if you were smart enough to look at reviews you would have seen the same thing.
                                secondly, yes.. they will continue to send you the same phone.. because it is the phone you purchased, they shouldn't have to send you a different/better phone.
                                thirdly, the blackberry pearl is one of the best phones t-mobile has came out with to date.. and if you were having problems with the screen brigtness, change it, font can be changeed, and if it is deleting saved messages, then you need to figure out how to work your phone.. the blackberry's will delete call logs, messages, and other things if you device memory is too low.. quit storing everything on the phone and go buy a micro-sd card.
                                i'm tired of people ### about t-mobile.. you just need to be smart and know how to work your phone and work the company.
                                guaranteed if you went to another company and asked customers there is always people that say the same ### about the other company.