Syntax BrillianDefective Television

I received a Olevia 237v 37" television set as a christmas gift. It was not set up until late january of the following year. Within five months of service, things started to go wrong. The Sound had an intermittent snapping noise, then the picture would go out but, the sound remained. I had called OLEVIA (syntax Brillian) about these problems.The person on the phone did not speak english very well, He did say that someone would get back to me. However, no one did. During the time waiting for someone to get back to me the problems with this tv were getting worse. I had called them back spoke to sara, again I explained to her the problems with this tv, she put me on hold for a few minutes, then got back on the phone and told me that I had a defective television set. She went on to say that there was nothing that she could do but, would have a supervisor get back to me.Did not recieve a call back from them in three days, so I had called them back. Thats when I found out that syntax brillian filed for bankruptcy. I had asked what am I supposed to do now.She answered basically your screwed. I want a new television set because of it being defective and it was reported well within the warranty period which is past at this time. I refuse to accept this kind of treatment for a problem that I did not cause, and it being manufactures defect.