Syndero / Icareer Kit / Icareer InternetUnauthorized use of bank info!

D

I don't have a lot a information on this fake company except it is drafting POS sale from my bank account without my permission. For the last three months This company have taken $69.95 e out of my bank account under different names. I have not received nothing from them not even a email, phone call or product.

• Ly
    Lynsondra Stanton Dec 09, 2007

i dont remember signing up i sure dont recall any money coming out of my account i want to cancel my kit

Jaime Torres Dec 13, 2007

I don't have a lot a information on this fake company except it's Phone number that appeared on my bank account (800-591-2452), which no matter at what time you call, it's busy.They keep drafting from my bank account without my permission. This company have taken $69.95 e out of my bank account and without my permission. I don't remember signing up for anything as I use my account only to perform payments.

• By
    Byeong Yong Cho Dec 16, 2007

I don't remember who is this company. Today I found this company charges $69.95 from to my credit card for several month. I just have a phone number on the my statement(818-315-6933). They used two name Icareerdt and Ecareerkt on my statement. I don't remember singning up any monthly subscription.

• By
    Byeong Yong Cho Dec 16, 2007

I just write incorrect phone number. The correct number is 888-315-6933.

• Su
    susan wallace Dec 28, 2007

This just happened to me too. I need to know what to do. Help!

• Ge
    george allen Jan 05, 2008

I have recently noticed that I am being billed 69.95 by a company. here is the detail that was posted to my account.

ICAREER KIT EM 888-3949155 CA

I will be cancelling this card. Anyone help on recovering the charge to my account?

Jonathan Price Jan 09, 2008

I just noticed icareer has been taking out of my checking account last couple of months to amount of $69.95. I do not ever recalled to ok to take it out. Please let me know if anyone made any progress.

• Ka
    Kathryn L Cork Jan 16, 2008

Two items appear on my latest credit card report that I have no knowledge of. They are one item listed under ISCAREER KIT EMAIL for 1.97 and another item under ECAREERKT888-3156933 FOR $69.95. I believe that this is a scam because a number of other people have also been charged exactly as I was. Nothing was ever heard from this company or whatever it is.

I need to know what to do about this. We are sure that our Credit Card Company will take these items off our account, but there is a real problem here because so many other people are having this same thing happen to them.

• Lr
    L.Rhodenizer Jan 24, 2008

I am having the same problem and I have the same phone number - 888-315-6933 - this is definitely a scam and I can't reach them and there is no address anywhere that I have been able to find.

• Pe
    Pete Sobotta Jan 26, 2008

I have this same charge to my account, ICAREERKT888-3156933, I dont know what it is or how it got on my account but right now I'm serving a tour in Iraq and pretty much have no way of cancelling the charge. I'm going to try to call my bank but I'm not sure if they can do anything about it

• La
    l.akers Jan 30, 2008

Same charges, same numbers, icareerkt 1.95 on Dec 8, ecareerkt 8883156933, 69.95 on Jan 8. Cancelled card & disputed claim with credit card co.

• Ed
    Edward Stufflebeam Mar 02, 2008

Charged my credit card with out my signineg up for their service icareerkit never knew these people will sue Edward Stufflebeam.

noel Mar 04, 2008

Problems like this it's always good to contact BBB usually they handle problems like this.

• Ka
    Karen Mar 09, 2008

I, too have been charged by this company. I did request some information on online learning but they were from reputable places, Kaplan and University of Phoenix.

John Mar 13, 2008

Same problem here. Don't recall how I got hooked up. Name on the credit card statement: ICareer Kit, 800-394-9155, 888-315-6933.

• Me
    Melanie Masso Apr 02, 2008

I have been trying to get a hold of this ICAREER KIT at 800-349-9155 in CA all day now and have not gotten anything but a recording. They charged my credit card for $69.95 which I did not authorize and I am very upset about it! I will be turning it over to the fraud department of my credit card company. There is no excuse for this! It should have never happened in the first place.

• Th
    Thadya Virginia Apr 07, 2008

Exact same issue, the company has charged $69.95 out of my account without my permission. I have no idea how it made its way to my account but this is outrageous. iCareerKt 001800-591-2452, I called the number given and I spoke to a representative on 1pm, Mon April 7th 2008. I told them that I didn't sign up to whatever their program was but they accussed me of doing so. I told them that if I had signed up I would at least received an email, which I did not! They continued to say that I did as they have all my information. I have been purchasing item from the internet for a long time and I would have remembered what I purchased online. A FILTHY SCAM AND FRAUD. BEWARE

Robert Delabastide Apr 08, 2008

Scam artists. I only found my name on my Debit card statement. Never heard of them. I have complained . I never authorised any charge .

• Pa
    PAtrick May 02, 2008

Hey!!! U guys?? I think i might be able to shed some light on this subject, a friend of mine and i both have expierianced the same criteria as most of u, the sdifferance is i assume knowone else here is affiliated or even personally knows any of the rest of us here with this complaint, so if i have a friend going through my same situation, there must be a common denominator, so, here are the connection possibilities we have identified as the possibkle link, can any of u identify your situation with any of our potential reductions, ???

1. anybody know a latino male aprox 25 yo goes by the name of noel?? he pronounces it like "NO WeLL" claims to be from the s.f. bay area, computer savey, and living currently from reno into hollywood ca, ??

2. how about hotel stays, did any of u purchase internet wireless service at a hotel visit? so u could access internet for yur laptop while at hotel stay?

3. do u bank at bank of america?

4. how about streaming adult video web site " nakedsword" or the simularities of such?

5. how about telemates phone interactive dating service? local phone singles ??

6. vonage? or gay.com?

7. clearwire isp??

these things i subscribe to were all common links that another person having the same issues reported. we both truly believe the colpret is 1 of the 7 possibilites listed above, do u agree anyone else share any of these services??

• Pu
    Purdy Jun 02, 2008

I just found out about this scam 2 days ago. Unfortunately, I did not realize the charges paid to iCareer Kit or eCareer Kit for at least 10 months because I did not look through my charges thorough enough. They started out with having the name listed as "ICAREER KIT EMAIL" for the first charge for $1.97, then the following month the same name but charged for $69.95. They do skip one or two months in between, so that you do not notice if you do not look thorough enough.

When I spoke with my credit card company, B of A, they found a phone number to this iCareer Kit provider where B of A transferred me and I spoke with a person. The rep from iCareer people informed me that this is a part of the things that I signed up for a big giftcard to some retail stores, like M.A.C. Costmetics or a free iPod for an example. Of which, I never sign up for those things. Even if I did, I did not receive any services or products from anyone for these sort of things. This iCareer Kit turns out that it has a 30-day free trial, but after a month without a cancellation, they will charge you $69.95 monthly. All they needed was your credit card number (no questions about the security code on the back of your card), your mailing address, and an email address that they can confirm with you. NOTHING ELSE! I verified the email address that they have on file, it was not even my email address. The rep told me it was some @sbcglobal.net email address, which I have never used SBC Global before in my entire life. She also told me that she cannot do anything but to reimburse me the last charge that was done within the past 30 days, but they cannot do anything with the previous charges. The lady was very pushy: She kept on telling me the same things over and over and over again that I did not cancel the services after 30 days so there was nothing she could do. At least 5 times during the 10 minutes I was on the phone with her. She suggested that I should file a police report, which may take months to investigate. Once there is a police report, she suggested that I should fax it to 888-315-6933. I had to get a phone number out of her with a lot of effort: 707-864-4196. At first she sounded like she did not understand what I was asking for, then repeated the entire police report and the fax number again. Not until I kept on asking for the direct phone number to her department, she gave me that 707 number. They charged at least $491 on my credit card over 10 months.

When I saw these multiple complaints about iCareer Kit, I called B of A again. Luckily when I explained the situation, they were able to help me by closing my account and initiating the investigation for identity theft fraud. At the same time, they reimbursed the entire amount that was charged to me for the 10 months. I also had to file an affidavit of fraudulence. So now, I am waiting to see the difference on my statement on the new account number.

I did attempt to tell the company at iCareer, if it is really a legit company, to be more careful on charging their customers and increase the security if they are to charge a person that big of an amount EVERY MONTH! Who knows if my official complaint to the company will do any good. I also told B of A that they should look into these charges with the key words "ICAREER KIT" or "ECAREER KIT" for their other cardholders, so that they will not have to go through what we all did.

This is worth filing a police report to stop these scam artists, especially when you google "iCareer Kit" and this is the first or second link that shows up!

• Je
    Jean Flewelling Jun 09, 2008

I agree with every one that complained about ECAREERKT. I FOUND CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD. that I did not order. I called and couldn't get through. I called my credit card company, they told me to call ECAREERKT and I informed them that I did not order thier services. A man named David told me I should have read the contract they e-mailed me. I told him I di not order this service and therefore I would refuse to pay for it. I got taken for $142.00 I called my credit company and they will dispute these charges. I've been around a long time and thought I was pretty wise to these things. I guess we are never to old to learn. What happened to the good old days .

• Rf
    R Fallon Jul 08, 2008

I am also receiving charges from this company and did not receive any service. I was charged $69.95 after a trial of 1.97. I never received any service from the company. When I tried to call the company, they refused to refund my full amount. I have never heard of any legitimite business that operates this way.

Ronnie Jul 18, 2008

Ditto...I too have been charged from this company since January of '08. I have just noticed these charges on my account and was just charged another $69.95 yesterday. I will call the phone number listed by another gentleman to reach someone. Up until now I haven't had an luck speaking to a live person. I will also file a police fraudulent report and inform my bank. This is crazy because I don't recall any of this and I sure haven't received anything in return.

Ronnie Jul 18, 2008

Everyone, I would also suggest that we all contact the Better Business Bureau about this company. This will help anyone else understand about whats going on before they are put in a situation like us. Also, the direct phone number to this company is 707-864-4196. You should file a police report if you don't recall agreeing to these charges. Also, if you haven't received any product for these charges. The police report can be faxed to ICareer and hopefully they will take you seriously. The fax number is 888-315-6933.

Overall, this is crazy. I have never dealt with a company that charges your account and you not receive any services or products.

Matthew Smith Jul 19, 2008

This same thing just happened to me today! $69.95 was charged to my account and I have not recongnition of who it is and have not agreed to any kit worth 69.95. What do we do to stop these people from stealing our money.

• Na
    nazmiye Sep 15, 2008

I have same problem today! And I could not remember what is ICareerkt and when i seacrh from google, I reached that link. Thanks a lot for your comments, because i will do the same things.

• Mi
    mike Sep 22, 2008

how and who do i have to get ahold of to get all my money back on this Icaree kit company some one email me !!! i got back 6 months worth but i want it all back!!!

thanks
    Mike

• Ju
    Julinida Weital Nov 02, 2008

I've been experiencing the same with unfamiliar charges from "iCareer Kit". What can I do to recover the charges.?

• La
    Lancey Mueck Nov 06, 2008

I haven't seen not one product from this company and I am sick and tired of paying for nothing that I am not using. If you do not cancel my kit I will be forced to take legal action. Do not take this warning lightly either send me something for my money or repay everything you have taken from my husband's account, and CANCEL my kit NOW!!!

Chris Rix Nov 11, 2008

Same thing, no autorization, $1.97 followed by $69.95. I used internet service at a hotel. The only thing I can think of that makes any sense. Cancelled my credit card to stop any further debits.

You would think BofA would have them shut down, if they suffered a loss from one of their customers !!! Luckily I found this the first month.

• Jm
    jmjackson77 Feb 24, 2009

I just noticed the same thing on my debit/credit card for this company ICAREERKT800-5912452. I immediately sent an email to my bank to bring it to their attn and to have the 1.97 & 69.95 credited to my account asap. We'll see what happens. I hope this won't be a HUGE mess to get it removed. I'm really glad I happened across this website to see that others have experienced the same frustrating & SCARY thing before it got out of hand! Good luck everyone! Have a GREAT day!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices