The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Symantic — Charges for unnecessary services
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
1. I had a message popping up from AntiVirusNT2008 which a Yahoo article describes as very bothersome but non-malicious.
2. I ran Norton 2005 which had all virus defs current. I have a subscription and I ran an update just before doing the scan.
3. I decided to upgrade to 360 v2 - - paid $59.xx - also paid $8 for 1 year maint or something - - downloaded the program and attempted to run. - - Instructions said to first un-install old Norton programs through Windows Control Panel program. I did this. It appeared to be a clean un-install of Norton 2005.
4. Started install of downloaded 360 V2 - - the installation failed.
5. Downloaded Norton Un-install tool - - and ran
6. Attempted 360v2 installation again - - it failed again.
7. Got on Norton Support Chat - - about 7:45 pm - asking for help installing new softare. Got transferred to several people - - a couple tried installation.
8. Someone said the problem was virus infection - - I paid $99 for "consultant" to remove virus -
9. Transferred back to another technician to do installation. He worked on it quite a while without success. He finally stopped trying and stopped responding.
Now it is 2:55 am the next morning and my software is still not installed. I doubt that I needed the virus removed - - if the software was installed that would have taken care of it.
My priority # was [protected] - - I am too tired to look up the receipt number for the $59 software or the $99 'consultant fee' - -
Since I was instructed to remove Norton 2005 I now have no virus protection!