Sweepstakes Association Of North Americasweepstakes and check fraud.

Sent letter sayiny i win 250, 000.00 and a check for4, 515.00 to pay tax on winnings to tax agent Janet Brass Wood Road Calgary, Alberta Canada and then they would send me my winnings got me all wound up and the check was no good it was all a fraud and I am poor any way and that really upset and hert me because I really needed that money. It is a shame this kind of thing can go on I thought me and my kids were going to be able to have a home big enough for us to finally be comfortable I am so upset and so are my 2 children We got our hopes up and was let down please dont let thease people do any one else like this this is so devastating. ThankYou.

brian jernigan Oct 14, 2008

I got the same exact letter and check!

Amy Downer Oct 20, 2008

I recieved the same letter and check. I did call the number and the man sounded very fishy!! They said they were working with Wal-Mart and Kmart when I tried to ask question he just kept telling me "the check is good, when you deposit it call me back"

Christine Vassey Oct 21, 2008

I have received the same letter only my "Tax Agent" is Mary Bright in Montreal. It would be so nice to get a nice fat check in the mail; but alas, I KNOW BETTER!!! I called the number just to see what would happen and got a very tired sounding voice mail. I did not leave my name nor number. I will report this to someone; just trying to find out who it should be.

I hope people who get these letters will not deposit the checks!!!

Ana Zubiate Oct 24, 2008

I received the same check and letter today 10/24/2008. at the beginning I was surprise because the check look authentic but the rare thing is that I never participated in any sweepstakes so why I am going to receive such amount just because. no body give anything just for nothing. So I research about the company and fortunatelly I found this page. Thank you for the advise. I hope somebody get this people and do something, is not nice that they play with the hope and sentiments of others.

Ana Z

• Mr
    Mrs C. Oct 25, 2008

Hi everyone i got the same check yesterday! My tax agent was Peggy Woods from Canada! I too got excited and went right to the bank for some answers. Glad i didn't make a deposit. I am contacting my state rep and hoping that we can stop these evil and immoral people that think this is so funny. There has to be a way to get back @ these people.

• Ca
    c anaya Oct 25, 2008

got one 2. burn it before it burns u

amanda wiechart Nov 03, 2008

Apparently they are sending out a bunch of these letters. I too thought all of those things like the check looked authentic, I didnt enter a sweepstakes and that people dont give away money for free. I was smarter than that though. Before I did anything I started researching the company and so on. Came across this site immediately and thought to myself " I was right" thank you for posting this and making my search easier. Sure would have been nice to have that money but just curious. How do they screw you over if you deposit the check? What if you try to cash it? Email me back I would just like to know what you think.

amanda wiechart Nov 03, 2008

Just wanted to add to the last comment...I noticed that at the top of my letter that the company information had changed

Gateway Financial Services
    701 Royce Road
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada T7K 9L4
    1-778-869-855

• Je
    Jessica Nov 03, 2008

Yes it has. It is now called Secured Financial Award Inc. based out of Ontario, Toronto. Many people have complained about this same letter. I just received on today and think god I googled it! Some people weren't so lucky.

• Je
    Jessica Nov 03, 2008

Amanda, I wondered the same thing. Apparently when someone deposits the check into their account, it clears and then they take it out of their account and send it to wherever the letter says to. After about a week or so, the check then bounces leaving that person owing thousands of dollars to their banks. It's quite clever how they are doin this cause the checks are real and banks are apparently accepting them.

• Ly
    Lybia Garcia Nov 06, 2008

I received my letter about 2 weeks ago and the only reason I opened the letter was because there was no return address, so I was a bit curious. I did not call on the letter until just a few days ago and I knew right away that the man was a crook! I started asking him question he just could not answer clearly. I never had intentions of cashing the check, but I know that in these hard times it could have been very easy to do. I am still concerned just how they obtained my name and address. Just beware everyone and hopefully nobody will fall into this trap!

Anne Nov 10, 2008

I received this letter 2 days ago. I opened it and found a $4515 check enclosed. Right away I knew it was not right, but wanted to check it all out anyway...I mean come on...a small part of us would love to believe in these things, right? When I googled the name of the check...Wings Electro. Co inc...the wesight came up as a security and advised me to close it down. The BB&T (the bank in which the check was 'supposedly' cut) was a finance company and the Sweepstakes Association of North America was a fraud!
    Needless to say, I was smart enough not to fall for this, but definitely agree with Ms. Garcia that it would be easy to fall into a trap like this... Not to mention it really concerns me that these theives have my name and address as well. By the way My Tax Agent was Mary Green in Calgary, Alberta Canada and the company was Gateway Financial Services!

• Cl
    Clinton Hackney Nov 10, 2008

I just received the letter myself today and i be damned i had a feeling it was fake so i googled it and see that i am not the only one recieving this letter. Well they got my hopes up of a minute. LOL oh well shred it when you get it aight.

• Do
    Donna Nov 11, 2008

My husband just received this check today too however it said its T.S.C Financial Services INC out of Canada and the check is from "The Second City, INC, from Chicago, IL. It was for 4490.00 and said he had won 250, 000. I then called the claims agent who is Mary Goodman and she said he had won because they work with WalMart, KMart, and Sears and which he does have a Sears/Kmart card and she said by using it he was entered into this sweepstakes... sounds similiar to all your stories...

Brandelyn Franks Nov 12, 2008

Thank you for posting this site. I received this letter today and was immediately skeptical. Luckily, my parents taught me that what seems too good to be true usually is! Who can we report this too! Is it possible that the labels have some type of residual fingerprints on them? $250, 000 sure would have been nice (I have so many students loans!), but I'm glad that I didn't fall for this!

• De
    Desnee Flakes Nov 13, 2008

I received mine today and like most people I could have used the money. But I reported it to the United States Postal Service because you can do it online and this is called mail fraud. Anyone who gets one of these letters should report it to USPS look on their site for postal inspectors. They will then have enough information to actually investigate. Also keep the letter and check in case they need it from you. ( It is evidence of the crime) Glad no one got hurt financially by these idiots, and remember God don't like ugly, so they have got it coming!

• Da
    david Nov 13, 2008

Hell, I'm in Texas and I got this letter today. Wow! I knew the Canadians were friendly but not that friendly. After reading everyones comments my suspicions were confirmed

Dang it!! There goes my years supply of beer!

• Mf
    m f Nov 13, 2008

i also received a check for 4900.oo from north american sweepstakes . thank you for this site.it was tempting to cash

Chris Nov 18, 2008

Thanks for the info. I got my letter today, and I have actually entered sweepstakes lately. It still seemed to good to be true. My letterhead is A.C.B Financial Services, Inc. in Manitoba, Canada. My tax agent is Sara Smith. So the info is changing a little. The check is from Bank One in Texas.

• Ah
    AH Nov 18, 2008

I just received one today AND I AM PISSED!!! I really want to know how they got my name and address. I really want to cash this check. I really need the money. Its very convenient how my car breaks down the day I receive the check. I wonder have you all thought about depositing it, letting it clear, withdrawing it and then closing the account. They deserve getting screwed over like they screwed us over. Since banks are accepting it!!! I just don't want to ruin my credit like that. BUT... I am very tempted...Let me know what you guys think!!

Brandelyn Franks Nov 19, 2008

I would not cash the check under any circumstances! Although you may close your account, your information and future is tied to that account. I really thought about going to a check cashing place or something else that I didn't think would be traceable, but we live in a technological society (and I try to be pretty ethical) and pretty much anything can be traced. Although Christmas would have been nicer this year, I had to use my head. I actually contacted the company that listed as the payer and have faxed them a copy of the check. They are working with their local authorities as well as the secret service to resolve the issue. Please be smart!

• Da
    Dan Nov 20, 2008

I received a check today too. It is for $4, 450.00, and looks authentic. It is drawn off of a JP Morgan Chase Bank account out of Chicago, Illinois. It lists "The Second City, Inc." as the company issuing the check, and is signed by two dead presidents, Richard Nixon and Benjamin Harrison. The company that sent me the letter is A.C.B. Financial Services, Inc. 4848 Broadway Street Brandon, Manitoba, Canada K3L 1P2. It lists a telephone number of 778-319-4955, which I traced back to an unlisted cellular phone number out of Vancouver. My tax agent is Carol Smith with a listed address of 1777 Broadway Road Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. This is all fake, a scam!! DO NOT BE FOOLED! Just for kicks, I attempted to call the telephone number from a blocked line, and it states the mailbox is full and can not be accessed. If you receive a letter of this nature, stating you are a winner in the "Compensation Draw", do not pursue cashing this check. Pleae be sure to immediately notify your local law enforcement agency for them to investigate. Thank you.

• Pa
    patrick Nov 24, 2008

i got one today too!! i really want to cash it cuz it would really help my family lol!!! but i change my mind, , , its feels good to spend money if it comes from a week of hard work!!! thanks people

• Ke
    Kelsey Dec 01, 2008

I have also received one of these letters. So, i talked to my dad about it. There was no return address on the enevlope, every part of the letter led to different city in north America, the paper the check was printed on you can pick up at any office supplies store, put the information in the computer and then print it, and the phone number that was given was a cellular number. With all of this information it lead me to believe that this letter and check were fraudulent. So, the next action going to be taken is taking it the post office to let them investigate the situation.
    It is horrible there are people out there willing to one get peoples hopes up by saying they won a large amount of money and then trying to make a quick buck off of them. i believe in karma so these people will get whats coming to them.

• Os
    Oscar Rodriguez Feb 11, 2009

No Matter what the circunstances, you can always find something great if you look for something positive.

My wife got one of those checks also and she got very excited. I waited 2 months before I started researching to find out if the $250, 000 was a fraud. During this two months, she has been more excited than ever and I think that alone is valuable.

When I told her the news today, she said "Oh well, I will get the $250, 000 from somewhere else. And with that kind attitude, you can bet your life that she will get that and more.

In conclusion, just be happy. Do not be mad or upset because getting mad or upset is like drinking poison so that the person you are mad at will die.

God bless all of you now and ever

Anthony May 15, 2009

Scam is coming around again. Received a letter dated 5.6.09 from Sky Line Financial Service that if I deposited my $4890.00 check made from Carrizal & Associates Inc in Houston and then sent funds to a Jennet Carlos (who is a tax agent) in Canada then I would receive $250K. Yeah, right! Researched until I came across this website and now it is all going in the garbage after I report everyone!

• Db
    D Bell Sep 11, 2009

I agree with all of the complaints. I recieved my letter and check today and yes it looks very real so real I was stupid enough to take it to my bank and did deposit it in my checking account. It fooled me and my bank. Keeping in mind I have been unemployed for the past six months and thought my luck had changed. Then that little voice in the back of my head said do more research and I am glad I did. I ran back to my bank showed them the letter . They then did a reverse withdrawl made copies of the letter and check and so they could send it to their head quarters of security and they also told me to go to the chase bank which was on the check and tell them also. Both banks were very thankful. And me also, glad I didn't spend any of the money.
    It is very shameful in hard times that we are in now that heartless greedy people try to rip off hard working Americans for ther own benefit. They should be caught and do some serious prison time.

• Sw
    sweetlilpink Nov 02, 2009

i got a cheak i cashed it at a mexican store got a check for 3, 940 i put that money to good use

just_me80 Dec 17, 2009

I just recieved my letter with a nice check for almost four grand. At first I was happy because I am off work due to ms and have been wondering how I was going to make ends meet let alone xmas for my four kids. well something told me to check into it before I put it in the bank and I came upon this site. when I called just to see what was really going on they wanted me to leave a message but I didnt. The aaddress on mine is for New yourk and it has all kinds of labels too. I did enter sweepstakes but smart enough to know you dont get a check to pay taxes for moneys won.
    (just me)

just_me80 Dec 17, 2009

I recieved my letter today at first I was very happy. I though some of my worries was gone. I have ms and have been put of work due to being sick. I really was happy and thought thank god my kids will have a christmas. Well I thought about it for a min and knew something was wrong because you dont pay taxes with a check they send you. They take it out of your winnings. I am very upset and I just cant believe that people would pray off those who dont have nothing to start with.

• Gw
    gwen bond Dec 17, 2009

I just received one too.My letterhead is N.A.S.A GAMING COMMISSION. I really won't that check to be real but not.They said that I won the VIACOM LLC international Sweepstake .OKAY? And I know this is a fake one.They also said that I been approved for the payment of 173, 246. And sended me a check for 3, 376.32. And said DO NOT DEPOSIT until I spoken a agent name PAUL SMITH.I want on goggle map to check address. The check they sended me it was just a highway bridge. That's crazy

• Cl
    CLAUDELL MARTIN Jan 21, 2010

I JUST RECEIVED MY LETTER FROM "PRESIDENT'S CHOICE FINANCIAL" IN NIAGARA FALLS..MY SWEEPSTAKE WINNING WAS ONLY FOR $85, 000. WITH A CHECK ENCLOSED FOR $4650. AND TAX AGENT KATHY SHIELDS IN ATLANTA, GA..LETTER SAID THE TAX AMOUNT WOULD BE $3550..IT SAID I WAS A WINNER OF THE CUSTOMERS COMPENSATION DRAW ORGANIZED FOR ALL CUSTOMERS OF THE MAJOR STORES IN THE U.S, U.K, & CANADA LISTING WAL-MART, SEARS, HOME DEPOT, KOHL'S, & KMART..I GOT EXCITED TIL MY GRANDAUGHTER WHO WORKS AT A BANK SAID IT IS A SCAM & I SHOULD CHUNK IT..AFTER I LOOKED AT THE CHECK MORE CAREFULLY I COULD SEE IT WAS NOT DONE VERY PROFESSIONAL..I WISH SOMETHING COULD BE DONE TO PROSECUTE THESE CROOKS..

JUPINA Mar 02, 2010

TO DAY DATE 3-2-2010 ... BEWARE ...BEWARE ...BEWARE ...HERE IS THE NEW ONE ... R.B.M FINANCIAL SERVICE ... 3975.00 SEND BACK 3500.00 THEN U GET 300, 000 ..TO GOOD TO BE TRUE .. THE NAME MR. DAVID GODSON .. PHONE # 011-27-768-508-102 OUT OF 2702 IRELAND GROVE ROAD ..

• Ky
    kytoflchris May 18, 2010

I just received a check for $3980.00 from Verde Group Corporation. I know its a SCAM but sure wish it was for real. Its drawn on M & T Bank Buffalo NY and the company is out of Toronto, Ontario. If anybody knows anything more, please let me know.

• Tg
    tgraham Nov 22, 2010

Nov 22, 2010 - My 86 year old grandma just got one of these and asked me to take a look at it. Thank goodness I found this site while investigating it. Her check came from Bennett International Logistics, LLC P.O. box 569 McDonough, GA 30253.

• La
    Lauri L Nov 03, 2011

Why is it that these ### faces think that this ### is cool or funny??????? I have read all these stories and It just breaks my heart that we all every single one of us are hurting broke and in a bad way. That just the hopes of having something breaks us down this much :( I really how they find these folks and cook-em till their butts smoke!!!