Susana B. Tolchard, Attorneydidn't do the work, wont return money

I hired her to file Bankruptcy for me and put $750.oo down. Which is 1/2 down. I had 3 days left to file or I'd be evicted form my apartment. I called her several times to see how it was coming along and to ask very important questions. She did not return my phone calls or emails. I sent a final email and phone call firing her. I went in to collect my files and my money down. She gave me the files but refused to give me my money back saying she worked on my case. I said OK SHOW ME THE WORK YOU DID. She said nothing and stormed off. I left. I then had to rush to my new Attorney and spent 2 full 10 hr days with him to hurry and get everything done. She had my files for weeks AND DID NO WORK ON MY CASE. I emailed her asking her for the money, she said she did the work she wont give me the money. I said SHOW ME THE WORK I paid for. She ignored that. Its been 10 months I keep asking to see the work. She has none to show me And wont give me a refund. PS I met with her once in her office for 10 min. when I gave her my files. At that time she did not ask me any important questions. Just took my money and my files.

• Mj
    MJTorz Apr 16, 2014

We have been waiting year and have paid her over $2, 000 for bankrupcy chapter 7 and she keeps saying that it's done but have not seen ANYTHING