Super 8 Hotel Filthy Roomsthe deplorable conditions of the rooms offered to me at your midlothian super 8.

Jo May 20, 2019 Review updated:

On May 18, 2019 I made a reservation thru booking.com for a room at your Midlothian Super 8. The reservation number is [protected]. Upon arrival, the desk clerk informed me that the only room he could offer me was a smoking room which I accepted. The room assigned was room 224 which was the last room on the second floor. Upon entering the room, the smoke in this room was extremely heavy which was an immediate indication that the room was not aired out. However, upon inspection of the room, it was observed that the room was extremely filthy and had not been cleaned. The sheets were soiled with tobacco juice and there were cigarette butts on the floor. The desk clerk came up and admitted that room had in fact not been cleaned. He attempted to give me room 222 next and that too was deplorable. The sheets were dingy and it appeared that it had not been properly cleaned. As a result, I requested that my money be refunded to my AMEX card which I had used for the charges. The clerk refused to do so. As a consequence I contact AMEx and I am currently disputing the charge due to unsatisfactory services. I contacted Booking.com and advised them of the situation. They contacted the clerk who admitted 'to them the room had not been cleaned. He stated that second room had been cleaned and met the standard for Super 8. On Sunday, I contacted an individual named Dan who booking advised was the property owner.in speaking with this individual, he was extremely belligerent and refused. to offer any kind of resolution to the situation. When I informed him that I was disputing the charges with AMEX, his statement was go ahead because he had been through this before and he always wins. So that is where the circumstances stand at this time.

The conditions of this Super 8, is not in keeping with your standards. This hotel does not have any of the conditions depicted in the photos presented on your website. Rest assured I plan on fighting the charges through the dispute with AMEX. I further suggest that an unannounced inspection of this establishment be conducted to see exactly how this hotel is not in keeping with your standards.

Should you desire to speak with me regarding this matter, my Name is Joel Maul and, I can be contacted at [protected]. Thank you

Comments

• 4t
      May 20, 2019

I hope he wins again. Sounds to me like you are lying for a free stay.

•   May 20, 2019

Fvk booking.com. use those sites to find the place and their number and then call them directly.

There is absolutely no way to properly air out a ciggie room. There's no way. If they were able to do it there would be no reason to even have smoking/non-smoking rooms.