Sunwing Travel GroupUnethical / Deceptive practices

SCAM--the "tour/presentation" through Royalton / TravelSmartVip
Absolute sham. We were approached on the 7mile beach to come tour the Royalton Negril, as their marketing dept was allegedly looking to advertise its new resort. Once there, we toured the property and we enjoyed an amazing lunch- the food was excellent and fresh. We were told we would receive a future 4 night stay at any Royalton resort to use within a year (of course after we had to endure a timeshare like presentation). This was their way of "thanking" us for touring the resort and considering it as a future vacation option.
Now as we are trying to book the bogus 4 night stay, it is ironically NOT available for the all inclusive option- the certifcate is only valid for the room, and you must pay for the "mandatory all inclusive rate." I advised the rep that we were open to booking any date at any resort within the next 9 months. I was told it is unavailable for any date, from November to May, at ANY resort; and it is only available for the highest room category. The rates he quoted me for the 4 night stay were anywhere from $1, 900 to $2, 800!
Meanwhile, I searched for a room directly on the Royalton website, for several of the resorts and dates that the rep was quoting me. I found prices much lower than the prices he quoted me- which included the room and all inclusive option- WITHOUT having this fake certificate! What is the point of having the certificate if I can book directly with Royalton and get better rates and more options??
This is a complete scam and false advertising. Shame on a high-end resort brand like Royalton for using this type of gimmick. I will never stay at a Royalton resort for this reason alone.
BEWARE- the person that will approach you on the 7 mile beach in Negril is wearing a polo shirt and hat, both with the Royalton logo. I was told "John Williams" and "Mr. Tune" are the directors for this program at Royalton. Although all the promotion occurs at the actual Royalton Negril, the third party travel company and certificate are Travel Smart VIP.

Na
Oct 11, 2019

Comments

•   Oct 11, 2019

Good Afternoon Nah31, Once again, we're sorry to hear you have been experiencing difficulties redeeming your complimentary accommodation certificate. As stipulated in the Terms & Conditions on the certificate itself, the all-inclusive aspect is mandatory in order to redeem the certificate. As we responded to your previous messages, if you could send us the number of your certificate, we will look gladly look into the situation for you and ensure that the rates our team provided to you were accurate and any doubts you may have as to the usage of the certificate can be clarified for you. Please keep in mind that the preferential rates provided by the certificate will vary depending on the resort, room category, and dates chosen.