Sun Life FananicalNot paying claims

I am paying for comprehensive service which means I am covered for major dental work, I called Sun Life to see if the procedure I was considering was covered and the person on the phone said yes so I proceeded with the procedure. Once my dentist submitted the claim it was denied because they indicated that I have already had a major procedure done in the last 4 years and I have to wait until 5 years and this is combined with other procedures which means I am paying for benifits that I am not receiving (does Fraud come to mind). No one expained this to me and there is nothing on their web site that indicates what is covered under these rules how can they take my money and not provide coverage isn't there a ruling body that governs this kind of insurance scam!!!