Study USA HealthcareInsurance company scam

L

This complaint is about the study USA Healthcare International Student insurance that can be purchased through: http://www.travelinsure.com/what/susahigh.asp
This insurace plan and the company are a scam. If you want to buy a plan that will not cover any medical expenses that THEY consider routine and waste $700 go ahead and sign up with them.
I purchased the plan one year ago (June 2010), in March I got sick and went to one of the doctors that was in the insurance company's network. I went to 2 visits and had bloodwork done. In May I received a letter from the insurance company stating that they wouldn't pay any of the visits (about $300) with the bull*** that they were routine visits. I thought: I guess I will pay for this at least they have paid for the bloodwrk right?
WRONG!
I got a letter yesterday saying how these were routine tests so they do not pay for those either. I wrote to the insurance agent that sent me the letter to let her know that these were anything but routing and the least they can do is pay for some of it!!! This is the worst insurance plan I have ever had, I used to have international student plans through my other school and they always paid (there was always a copay but that was normal). DO NOT buy this health plan, it is awful and when you sign up they do NOT mention anything about not paying for routine visits. According to this agent the fact that they do not pay for routine visits is stated in the booklet that was never sent to me. They are a bunch of scam artists.