Student of FortuneAllowing Illegal Activity

So I've absolutely had it with this site Student of Fortune.com. Do they not realize what the Hell copyright infringement is? One user in particular there, javstudent, has purchased a copy of just about everything available on the site. Why is that a big deal? Because then javstudent turns around and sells everything at a lower price without an ounce of an attempt to change the content. It's downright copyright infringement, and regardless of at LEAST a dozen complaints, the user is allowed to continue operating his scandalous business on the site.

Does continuing to host the "stolen" materials not constitute an illegal action? Couldn't this site be sued by the original authors for allowing this behavior to continue even after they've been informed countless times about javstudent's modus operandi?

• Ex
    excellentsolutionas Oct 14, 2014

I would like to personally invite you to give our site a try. www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com our site works two ways, For tutors- register for a free account advise the people you help on other sites to post their questions, help them and get paid super fast no waiting for weeks! There are a lot of questions you can answer and you can even upload tutorials and set your own price.

These tutorials can get sold hundreds of times and each time you earn money! For students- register there for a free account and post your questions, there are thousands of tutors from all over the world waiting to help you! Please spread the word and please leave us some feedback and tell us what you think. Together we can make this site be the best online homework-marketing site there is.

• Te
    techyoffortune.com Jul 28, 2013

guys please visit this site for your home work help
    www.techyoffortune.com

• Te
    techyoffortune.com Jul 28, 2013

now the same website is on for you guys please visit this www.techyoffortune.com

• Li
    Likeplum Lover! Jul 20, 2013

I have been using this website since a long time now! It is way better then SOF in the sense that it charges lesser fee, you get your payments within 3 days, it has a brilliant customer service (I get my inquiry emails replied to the same day!) plus its very aesthetically appealing! Here your first question goes for free! Give it a try! Your first payment is paid by the website!

• Be
    beeman0978 Jun 20, 2012

I have used SOF numerous times and have had a neutral at best expreience. I have recently switched over to a new site, www.cramshark.com. They are a relatively new site and as best I can tell, the crooks have not made it there yet. The site pays fast and any questions I have had have been answered within hours, not days.

• Da
    dan212 Dec 18, 2011

I personally prefer etutorhub.com. I used studentoffortune and always had bad experiences with them. They are always trying to make you forfeit your money over every little issue.Plus their rates are way too high. Although etutorhub is similar to student of fortune, etutorhub.com is way better in terms of customer satisfaction. At least in my perspective. http://www.etutorhub.com.

markdinoalbiela Nov 16, 2011

Hi! Sean Mccleese.

dear Sean, the founder of student of fortune...i address to you this message because i do believe that you could help me with this issue... my account (http://studentoffortune.com/user/markdinoalbiela/profile) has been closed yesterday being accused of copyright infringement.. I'm not aware of copyright infringement even though I might be doing so.. I asked them to give me a second chance since its my first time my account being closed in relation to that violation which I'm not aware of. They are giving second chances to other tutors out there with the same situation like mine but they refused to give second chance to me...What I'm saying is just be fair, If you can give second chance to others why you can't give to me.. I have a strong feeling that you're treating me like this because I'm not an American which is RACIAL DISCRIMINATION on the first place... please give me a second chance...I'm unemployed right now and I only depend on student of fortune for my daily living... I offered a great help on your website as evident by my ratings so don't stop me from doing that...I'm waiting for your reply...Please do consider to give me a second chance...thank you and god bless..

• Ai
    airforcevetgirl Sep 11, 2011

Why are you so outraged and calling this site illegal ? what you were doing it's just as illegal, writing papers for students is just wrong, not tutoring at all, using information for the sole purpose of financial gain it's inmoral, but making a living by teaching students they can buy a paper for 6 Dlls is not... please!

• Bi
    Billmy Sep 11, 2011

I believe that studentoffortune is doing a great job, but they carry out an illegal activity by allowing users to resell your tutorials. I found a website called billmyanwer.com that do not allow this. Billmyanswer.com uses an algorithm to determine whoever that is intending to resell your work, thereby preventing this. Your original tutorial is your tutorial forever. You can also ask questions directly to the tutors and only the tutor of your choice can see the question and provide an answer to your questions. Live tutors available 24/7 to answer your home work questions.

• Bi
    Billmy Sep 09, 2011

Studentof fortune is a great website, but they allow others to resell your work after purchasing your work as unregistered user. Recently, i came across a new website called billmyanswer.com. This is similar to SOF, but they use an algorithm system to detect whoever that is re-posting/reselling your work, preventing the buyer from reselling your work and you can ask questions directly to tutors. See the tutors when they're online etc. Check it out

• Pa
    PatCat Aug 23, 2011

I would like to know how to get my material off the site?

itm007 said
    "There was some misunderstanding. When I joined SoF, I used some of the information from the net if it was used for general purpose(not for the papers or assignment)".

Nice of you to admit you do students assignments and papers!!! You should be banned as you right there stated that you DO THEIR WORK!

How do you live with yourself?????

Nat Reader Aug 23, 2011

This whole line of posts makes me laugh as a company who knows they are used to cheat is arguing with a "tutor" that is mad because their work is resold by someone else! A tutor of a student if real CANNOT be resold as technically it should be assisting that one student with questions to learn a topic. For something to be "stolen" and resold means that the "tutor" is cheating for students and providing assignments they know are just being turned in by students. Both SOF and tutors should technically be ashamed of raising a generation of ###s who purchase their work!

Nat Reader Aug 23, 2011

Stolen work? A "tutor" is complaining about stolen work??? If it is being resold that means it was not tutoring but the answers to an assignment or exam which means this tutor is mad they cannot get paid to help a student cheat. As an instructor I am tired of SOF helping students cheat, "tutors" knowingly helping them cheat and then complaining when they loss the $$. Worst of all my students get WRONG answers for their assignments with the mistakes in the all the same!!!

Mike004 Aug 17, 2011

Student of fortune is rip-off. I have my acount with them, and I tried to withdraw my money for $148.00 and they didn't release through paypay account. They charge me for administrative fee for copy write, for $41.00 and the rest money wasn't transfer to paypal account. I had complaint to FCC and UCC regulation to investigate them. I asked them several times the Studentoffortune, for their address and phone number and they didn't respond for my request. They send me the address as an P.O.Box from California, a postal office address. They also did NOT send the phone number as well.

If you have a problem similar in this case, I am looking to file for class lawsuit against Studentof fortune for violating the FCC rule and regulation and more violation to file against them. You can send me an e-mail at [email protected] to put all this together in one lawsuit. Thanks

• El
    elforastero4 Aug 08, 2011

My senior citizen father's debit card was charged by Direct TV, and he has never even been a suscriber to their service. Not until my sister looked through his long list of charges one day, was it discovered that 3 months of Direct TV had been charged. She called on his behalf to cancel, but it was too late, as a 4th month had already been charged. Nobody has given any info or reimbursed any money. Yeah, he is irresponsible, and should have seen the charges from the beginning, but the fact that his card can be charged and nothing done to remedy it is ridiculous.

TheRealArkayn Jul 22, 2011

If you didn't write it, don't sell it. It's that easy. If you fall for a scam, it's your fault.

• So
    SOF User Jul 17, 2011

I have some questions about Studentoffortune and in need of some help. I provide a lot of hard work on SOF and create original material for students. In the last few months I was approached both on and off the site to purchase some course work. I asked the person approaching me if it was their course work and they said "yes" and gave me permission to resell it. Along with writing original work I have been posting course work as well but now I am getting complaints that the work is Copyright infringement. I am in the process of removing the course work that I placed up but how is this fair in way. I am fearing of being banned off the site because I was basically set up by a tutor claiming the work was his. How am I suppose to know if that is really that tutors work or not? Now I spend my time removing tutorials and course work in hopes that SOF won't ban me and understands the situation I was placed in. Any suggestions, ideas or comments on this type of issue?

• Ke
    Keepinitstrickly100 May 16, 2011

Everyone who claims to be a tutor is full of themselves. Selling the same work to different people is not tutoring. That is a bunch of crock. The only thing that is being taught is to buy the answers instead of seeking a real tutor. Get over yourselves! This site should not be running, or anyone like it, and for anyone that complains of their work being stolen, you should have never sold it in the first place.

Real as it comes

• Kh
    khan12345 May 15, 2011

big scam sof

Chris V Mar 28, 2011

It may be that many of the poeple complaining about SOF have valid gripes. I'm sure that some people have had their original work stolen and resold to students who planned on using it for legitimate purposes. On the other hand, I think it's kind of ironic that much of what seems to go on at SOF involves students blatantly buying work they plan to represent as their own-- in other words, plagiarism.

I'm certainly not defending SOF; I don't really know that much about them. But go to their site . . . what did you expect?

• Sm
    smithandwesson Mar 19, 2011

Anyone needing any type of homework help can go to www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com you can also earn money by answering questions and posting homework tutorials. The site is free to join and you get paid by PayPal in 24 hours!

• Am
    amp020976 Mar 16, 2011

I just want my money, I have posted a lot of assignments within the last few years and decided to cash in so to speak, it has been about 3 months and I have yet to hear or recieve anything. SOF site says to fill out the paper work and fax or mail in, if you fax it takes about 1-2 weeks to process, by mail it is 4-6 weeks, again it has been 3 months I am starting to believe all of the bs talk about SOF. Are you guys really a rip off and one of those sites that keeps everyones money?

• As
    astroboy07 Feb 13, 2011

I recently saw this website showmesolution.com but they only concentrate on mathematics. Anywhere from middle school algebra up to college level differential equatiosn. Check them out.

TheRealArkayn Feb 08, 2011

@Sakthi - That is what happens to people who try to profit from the works of others. And yes, I turned you in.

• St
    Student of fortune ( Waiting for respon Feb 08, 2011

"Your username has been locked. Please contact Student of Fortune Support."...This is the message I got during login process.Please help me out.My High earned tutor friends in Student of fortune mailing me for my help.Please allow me to open my account.( I am a famous freelancer and e-blogger for 4 years, having 125438 subscribers.My last blog is about my lovely student of fortune.But the next day, this problem happen.So I delete that post)...Please solve my problem.Money doesn't matters...But only knowledge.My user name is "sakthi".
    This message have no response from student of fortune till now.

• Ab
    Abalone Feb 05, 2011

And try to muffle your opportunistic self, won't you

• Ab
    Abalone Feb 04, 2011

'MODESTLY' aware...lol!

TheRealArkayn Jan 19, 2011

Nothing like a free advertising space, huh? AYCC does nothing to protect users' copyrights, therefore it will never be used by intelligent people.

• Sd
    sdsfdf Jan 19, 2011

screw sof www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com is the bomb

TheRealArkayn Dec 15, 2010

You know what? You're absolutely right about one thing: I'm one of the main reasons CRIMINALS get thrown off the site. I have taken it upon myself to help protect the SoF community from fraud by ensuring that people who post copy-pastes from the Internet and the work of others are reported to the site's administration for COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. The problem with the site you're spamming for (yet again) is that there is no way to see previews and therefore no way for someone to tell when they're about to purchase duplicate material. I know LOTS of people who purchase more than one tutorial in hopes of getting a few different viewpoints, and I know LOTS of people who are (rightfully) extremely upset when they end up with duplicates. AYCC doesn't provide previews, therefore AYCC brand loyalty will absolutely suck when people start purchasing duplicates.

Misty11 (and "everyone else" who's spammed for AYCC) - you say AYCC will catch on. Put your money where your mouth is and protect people's copyrights by showing a preview of the posted material. I swear to everything I can swear to that if I find my material on your site, you're in for one hell of a court case.

misty11 Dec 15, 2010

Been a tutor there too made over 24000 dollars they banned me because of the corruption on the site. I cam across this new site called www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com and they are exactly like sof but better. The staff there is so friendly and you get paid 48 hrs after you withdraw your money. TheRealArkayn is one of the main reasons good honest tutors get thrown of the site. Trust me go and register at aceyourcollegeclasses.com it is a new site but once it catches on it will blow sof away! Spread the word!

TheRealArkayn Dec 12, 2010

The highest paid tutors do not get to pick and choose who stays. If we did, we'd kick everyone off the site. Duh? We get people kicked off the site who are infringing on copyrights. Nothing more and nothing less. Customers' best bets are to get help from proven tutors rather than take chances with people who have little or no feedback.

john101111 Dec 12, 2010

this site is full or corrupted tutors. The highest paid tutors get to pick which tutors are kicked off the site to keep their sales high. Customer service is the worst. wait 5 weeks to get your money. Look elsewhere for tutoring

NoMoreB Dec 07, 2010

Hello,

I've been using this website for few months and had enough. These people running the tutoring community are idiots!

First, I'm a graduated and skilled writer, and have published hundreds of tutorials, all original. I must say that SOF doesn't protect tutors at all, or maybe they just protect some (their old college friends maybe, lol!) and ignore others (especially those outside the US I guess).

No one should tell me here that they ban scammers, because they don't. My work has been stolen! I have proofs and of course reported the fraud. I contacted SOF and gave them ALL information they need to know to investigate and catch the thief. I gave them the name of the fraudulent user, all the links to my original work and the stolen one (that was posted by the thief 100% in my words!), every little information so that they don't need to get back to me to ask more detail (to make it quicker to stop the thief!). Their reply? Read this:

"Hello
    For us to resolve this issue, you need to show us where your tutorials were posted by the other user, and where you originally posted the tutorials.
    Please create a simple table with 2 columns. One column showing where the other user posted the tutorial, and the other showing where you posted the same tutorial first. With that information we can remove the tutorials and take further action as appropriate.
    Thanks for using Student of Fortune"

Is this a joke? What is the level of these people running this website? How come they need all the detailed information I sent to be resent in a format of table with 2 columns???!!! I have never seen such stupidity on any other website. They can't process any complaint apart from in that childish format???

Now, there is worse. After re-sending all the information as they requested, this is the next reply:

"Dear Claimant,
    We received your claim that certain content on the Student of Fortune Website infringes your copyright in that content. Please provide us with the following information within ten days of the date of this notice, and we will remove the allegedly infringing material until the matter is resolved or it is determined that the material cannot be restored to our Site.
    i. The name, address, and electronic signature of the complaining party
    ii. The infringing materials and where on the Site you located them.
    iii. Describe the materials that you claim ownership of (the Original Materials), and please give us enough detail so that we can find the allegedly infringing material on our Site.
    iv. A statement by you, that it is your good faith belief that the person or people who posted the allegedly infringing material have no legal right to do so or to make use of the Original Materials.
    v. Include also the statement: I declare under penalty of perjury that the statements I have provided are true and correct and that I have a right to make the claims either on my own behalf or as an authorized representative of the owner of the Original Materials.
    vi. Sign and date your statement and send it to:
    Michelle Katz
    Student of Fortune, Inc.
    PO Box 515381 #34975
    Los Angeles, CA [protected]
    Fax:[protected]
    Email:[email protected]

When we receive your signed Statement, we will remove the allegedly infringing materials pending further investigation. The person who posted the allegedly infringing material has two weeks to respond to your claim. If he or she does not respond within that time frame, we will permanently remove the allegedly infringing materials. If he or she does respond, we will provide you with a copy of his or her sworn statement denying your claim of infringement. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, if after you receive that statement you do not bring a lawsuit in district court within 14 days, we will restore the material to its former location on our Site. Please notify us if you elect to file a Claim in district court so that we continue to keep the allegedly infringing materials off of the Site.
    Sincerely,
    Student Of Fortune"

What the hell!! If they are going to send me all this, why did they send me that previous response asking for the 2-column format details at the beginning??? And how is that I'm to prepare a document with my name, address, signature, etc, to be addressed by them to the thief to respond to my complaint? Isn't it enough this [censor] stole my work? He/She is going to know my private information as well??? What's next? Helping them hack me? Sending them my credit card info??!

And, so, supposing they dare to deny their theft, how am I to travel from Europe to the US in 14days to bring a lawsuit to district court??? And if I don't/can't, SOF would leave the stolen work on their website, a work they can check in 2minutes to find out that I have been stolen by someone who is by the way also posting things stolen from Internet!!! (I can see it from previews on tutorials!)

Teachers, tutors, writers, students... If you are going to publish your own work on SOF, KNOW that you are NOT protected. I'm leaving SOF, I'm so disgusted. How does it feel to have your work sold by another person on a website that claims to ban fraudulent activity and cheating? I find SOF very encouraging thieves, because they don't give it a damn about serious investigation; they don't care about stopping fraud, banning thieves! It's all about money! What else could be??? MONEY! They have no serious severe professional system to make fraud a hard task. But they have damn quick questions' board administrators who delete any alerting notice posted by tutors as a question to make other tutors aware of scammers. Amazing.

Well, I'm glad I found complaintsboard.com, and this complaint already posted long ago (I wish I googled about SOF before joining!!!); I'm happy to share my experience here with existing and future tutors who might face the same troubles on SOF. And I see I'm not the only one who had issues with them.

Be careful. SOF is ran by "cowboys".
    You will find out yourself if you decide to take the risk and join their ranch.

God Bless.

TheRealArkayn Nov 29, 2010

Ha! Spam less please.

• Ar
    arkyan Nov 29, 2010

If you are in need of homework help or if you just want to answer some questions to earn money, than you need to go to www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com heres some info about the site:
    Want to make money by helping students with their Homework questions?

Want to get that help you need for those tough Homework questions?

Then you need to check out this new site at www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com

AYCC is simply a site that is marketplace for online tutorials that can aid you in getting homework and gives you the opportunity to offer your help to others and of course **EARN MONEY**

The site is **FREE TO JOIN** No fees to withdraw your money through PayPal

• Se
    Seth3843 Nov 11, 2010

I get my help from from www.uopaxiasolutions.com

TheRealArkayn Nov 03, 2010

And spam your link all over the web to get a user base! Misslady, you disappoint me. BUY some freaking advertising, would ya?

misslady Nov 03, 2010

For axia tutorials go to aceyourcollegeclasses.com you can post your questions and earn money tutoring people are much more friendlier there. Get your withdrawn money earned in less then 48 hours!