streetunes.comUnauthorized charges

I have automatic billing set up for my monthly AT&T bill. I rarely check my bill in its entirety but since I was eligible for a new upgrade equipment, I just thought I'd see how my rate plan, data, and misc taxes and charges rolled out. I'm also enrolled in paperless billing so it's easy to miss misc charges. As it turns out, after a review...I was furious to find out I was being charged a monthly mobile purchase of $10.88 (including tax) for a ringtone service called streetunes.com. Let me say that I NEVER ordered this service nor agreed to its use. I NEVER even heard of the company before. I could only see my bill up to six months so I called AT&T immediately to dispute the charges. Evidently, I'd been unwittingly "subscribed" to the service since Oct 2010...just at a year!!! I was in a righteous fury and my service rep initially told me he could only reverse 60 days worth of charges but I talked him down...and was credited the other 10 months in a separate process. Needless to say, this is an unethical practice (there's info online about what's called PHONE CRAMMING - http://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-04-2010/ron_burley_phone_bill_cramming.html) . I can't believe unsuspecting customers can be signed up for a service without approval but apparently it happens with absolutely no oversight or protection from the phone companies. If you're an ATT customers, check you "Manage Mobile Purchases & Downloads" area regularly!!!