streaming flix LLCUnauthorized charges

I received my phone bill with a charge 14.99 for videos. They said that I ordered it and they had an order form from me. I never filled out a form.

More streaming flix LLC Complaints & Reviews

• Ca
    catsshy Nov 10, 2009

I have had the same charge applied to my phone bill. I have never authorized or ordered such service, I don't even know what it is. I called my local telephone carried which then said they were merely a billing service for this product and I would have to call the number listed on the bill for that service. I have been trying now for almost an hour to reach someone at that # to find out what this service is, how it got applied to my bill. I can't get anyone to answer my call.

• Ho
    howrude Dec 31, 2009

I recieved my phone bill with a charge of 14.95. when I contacted them they said that I ordered this. I have no ideal what they were talking about I ordered nothing!

• 1f
    1FedUpTaxPayer Jan 03, 2010

I too just received my home phone bill from Verizon. Page 4 states I have a "Miscellaneous charge of $14.95 from Streaming Filx." The phone number [protected] which is billed through a company called "HOLD billing services." I have tried several times to contact a "REAL" person in order to find out what this is all about & why it is on my bill, yet I can not reach anyone. I realize our phone company is simply doing "their" job. However why would they bill us on behalf of another company, why doesn't the "HOLD" company bill us directly?? This charge is one big scam!!!

Terry s Turner Jan 09, 2010

i too never ordered this service and just found a charge of $29.95 on my ATT bill...I want it off and no reaccuring charges

• Jw
    jwtr6 Jan 26, 2010

Same thing here on my Verizon bill. I got a credit last month from VZ, but got no where with Hold Billing nor Streaming Flix.

This month, same charge. Did get to speak with "Marie" at HOLD BILLING [protected], of course, she was no real help but, she did give me a number at STREAMING [protected] and surprise, I got another "Marie." This Marie was able to tell me that VZ had requested a "cancel order" on Jan 18th. STREAMING did offer to email me a copy of the "original" order we sent? They also wanted me to know that I still owed for Nov 09 and for this month but I could contact VZ and ask for credits. Waiting an email response from VZ.

• J1
    j1e1f1f Feb 06, 2010

same ### calling wzzm 13

• Je
    Jeffrey Aguilar Feb 07, 2010

That happened to me too!!! when i opened my bill there was an additional $14.95 from streaming flix, it was dated 1-18-10? 1-18-10 that was the time we were in lake tahoe. So ATT is associated w/ streaming flix. For all the people that were victimized by streaming flix you guys didn't go anything or sign up anything. ATT did it for you?

• Ks
    ksbt Feb 11, 2010

I was billed $14.95 on my bill I tried to pay today. There were 3 numbers listed to call them and I really did get thru to a person. The first guy said we were responsible for the charge billed and I requested to speak to a manager. The manager would not shut up long enough for me to ask her anything so I finally told her to be quiet and listen. In the end I threatened to call the Better Business Bureau on them if she did not give me a refund. She said they issued a credit today..now I just have to wait and see if I really do get it.

• Ka
    kandle9032 Feb 16, 2010

I opened my phone bill today and there was a $14.95 charge for services I did not order. I did talk to a real person and they said they were going to give me a credit. We will see.
    Also they would put a hold on my phone to not allow services to be ordered.

• Sw
    sweetstuffman Feb 19, 2010

Pay attention to what you click and put your information into. I guarantee they don't get your information for the order form just randomly. Don't be stupid and pay attention.

• Pa
    packer fan Feb 20, 2010

STREAMINGFLIX ROCKS! Sounds like you people don't pay attention
    to what you're doing on the internet. I love this service, use it all the time
    and have recommended it to friends and family.
    Hook your TV to your computer and watch great movies instantly!
    Own up to your mistakes, people.

• Pa
    packer fan Feb 20, 2010

My son signed up for this and didn't tell me. I called Streamingflix and they
    were professional, understanding and very helpful. They cancelled the account
    and issued me credit. It's not streaminflix's fault my son did this, yet they were
    more than happy to cancel the account and issue credit. Maybe some of you have
    kids/family members that did the same thing. It's not Streamingflix's fault.
    They've been very kind to me.

• Re
    reggie J. Feb 20, 2010

I LOVE THIS SERVICE! WHAT'S WITH ALL THESE NEGATIVE COMMENTS?
    I think all you people are sloppy on the computer and don't own up to your mistakes.

My family loves this service. You can watch movies instantly on your computer or
    TV. It's cheap, easy to use, and links you to other cool sites.

• Th
    this is a bunch of bullcrap Feb 23, 2010

This is the most bogus thing i've ever seen. The only thing I have recently filled out on the internet were job forms. Now all of a sudden They send me this e-mail thanking me for ordering this bull crap. i've never heard of streamingflix in my entire life... The only thing i can think of where it came from, was a bogus website that said i needed to register with thier wedbite before applying to a job ( like most other job searching websites require) so I did so, then it was tyring to get me to download some software. that's when i knew it was something bogus. shortly after that I receive this e-mail saying they are going to charge me $14.95 a month and the only way to cancel is to call thier 1-800 number. I never agreed to this non-sense... there wasnt even a user agreement or anything... i'm pretty cautious when it comes to things like this.. ###ing pisses me off

• Th
    this is a bunch of bullcrap Feb 23, 2010

and i never downloaded anything from that site.. as soon as i saw this big download button on the forwarded page after "registering" on the "job searching site" i simply left the webiste..

• St
    Streaming Flex LLC Feb 28, 2010

I received the bill for Streamline Fix LLC and had no knowledge of what it was. After my call to them they said they would cancle the order but I owed for the last two months . I told them I would refuse to pay and have notified AT&T as well.

• Br
    BrittneyC Mar 06, 2010

Unathorized monthly billing

• 12
    123MAGOO Mar 07, 2010

I got the charge for two months and called the HBS number. The woman told me I had to have visited a web site and signed up for the service. I told her "no way". She also said they sent an email to me telling me I had to notify them of my refusal or the service would go into effect. I do not open emails when I don't recognize the sender so I must have deleted it without reading it. She cancelled it and gave me a confirmation number but said it would take 2 billing cycles before it took effect. Two more 14.95 charges.
    I called AT&T and got a very helpful (believe it or not) rep. She was familar with this operation and said she put a stop on it and would credit me with 29.90 on my next bill. She said this company went by another name until recently. When I asked why AT&T permits this to happen, she said they do it as a service to their customers but assume that it is a legitimate business requested by the customer. It may be legitimate but it certainly is shady and was not intentionally requested by this customer..

• Ar
    archadius Mar 22, 2010

I just signed up for new phone service and then got this e-mail thanking me for signing up for this service. the service doesn't sound bad but I did not authorize it and when calling to cancel they were very insistant that I had indeed signed up. I would know if I had signed up and told them it was fraud. The csr wouldn't do anything except cancel the account. Definitely a shady type of company that won't note a fraudulent service request.

• As
    AsburyArtist Mar 24, 2010

My husband, too, got this email after Embarq was taken over by CenturyLink, and also a Welcome email thanking us for joining. My husband was very upset because he knows he never subscribed to any such thing! I Googled StreamingFlix and this Compaints page came up, so I knew it was a scam. I suspect our email addresses were sold on, possibly BY the phone company! We never contacted StreamingFlix to have them argue with us. Instead we contacted our phone company immediately to warn them that we never ordered any such thing, so they have put a freeze on any charges. And they thanked us for being so proactive. DO NOT IGNORE this email--be proactive too, and tell your telephone provider immediately! This Complaints page alone (plus others concerning AT&T) should tell you IT WASN'T YOU!! Nail it on the head straight away!!

• 1f
    1FedUpTaxPayer Mar 25, 2010

To Packer Fan & This Is A Bunch Of Bull Crap. I just wanted to say that there are those who are not reckless, who do pay attention to where we are on the internet & we are far from sloppy. Believe it or not there really are companies out there who do charge one with bogas charges. If in fact we were "sloppy, reckless or did not pay attention" I highly doubt we would have noticed these charges on our phone bills. I NEVER ordered any such service, nor have I ever been to the web site. Verizon stated that the company had charged several customers for a service they did not order, in fact this company you speak so highly of, charged many people who do not have a computer or access to the internet.
    When speaking with the District Attorneys office, I was told that the company "HOLD" was a billing service for several companies, not just Streaming Flix. However, according to the D.A Streaming Flix contacts "HOLD" they tell them there was a new account added & gives the company all the neccessary billing information & Tah Dah there you have it on your phone bill. I am not here to beat anyone up, nor am I going to "ASSUME" that people are sloppy, reckless & do not pay attention. If it's a service you have ordered & you find it outstanding, that's GREAT. Do pay attention to your phone bill as one thing leads to another & soon you too might find charges on your bill that you truly never ordered!

• Si
    SIXXCHICK1970 Apr 14, 2010

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME TODAY-I OPENED MY VERIZON BILL TO FIND A 14.95 CHARGE FOR STREAMING FLIX-THAT I DID NOT ORDER. OF COURSE WHEN I CALLED WHOM EVER I SPOKE WITH TRIED TO CONVINCE ME I ORDERED IT..YAH IM THAT STUPID...SO I FOUND THIS COMPLAINTS PAGE WHEN I TYPED IN STREAMING FLIX TO DO SOME INVESTIGATING. MYSTERY SOLVED.

• Va
    vayray Apr 19, 2010

I just talked with Streaming Flix and they sent me the "order form" with was a picture of a web page form, that had my information on it as if I had filled out the form. The thing is I never filled out the form and never would have because I am currently unemployed and on the form, in big letters is the fee of $14.95 per month. I would never do anything that would add an extra payment to an already financially strapped household! There were two months of charges added to one phone bill. Streaming Flix said they would remove one month of charges, but since the information on the form was my information, that I would be held responsible for the other month. The said the IP address was an IP address that was linked to my services provider and named the town they were in, (which is not the town I live in). I told them that I didn't order the service, have never used the service and I was not going to pay for it. My phone service is with Centrylink and they put a block on outsider billers and told me not to pay the charges and they would dispute them also.

Jovini53 May 10, 2010

ok...I am the next to receive this bogus billing and am furious. And they have messed with the wrong person, I am taking this to the Better Business Bureau and every Federal agency I can find. I have Century Link phone service and they said they have heard about this scam and said they will help me...let's see what they do. I have 2 months of $14.95 charges, one for March and one for April...but they show up now and I said I want proof that I have ever watched a movie thru them, which I know I haven't...and why would I order their service, I belong to Netflix. I am beginning to think it is a scam through Netflix, because they offer movies over your computer, but they said it was included in your monthly fee...I will get back to you on what happens.

Jovini53 May 10, 2010

I just called my phone company, CenturyLink and they called StreamingFlix while I was on the phone and although I got no satisfaction from StreamingFlix on Saturday when I called them, today with my phone companyon the line, they agreed to cancel my account and refund all my money. They said that someone filled out the application with their company and I said they were lieing, I am not an idiot and I have a college degree in computers, I know what sites I visit and if I had filled this app out I would of known and also, the way the address was filled out, I said I never fill out my address that way, I have a unique way that I fill it out. I told them that if they were a legimate business they would not have hundreds and thousands of complaints all over the internet. And I said they know exactly how they are getting our information and they know they are scamming people. THEY know exactly what they are doing and they will make milllions before they are shut down. I am not done with them yet...I am going to the government's fraud alert hotline and see what I can do next.

• Co
    con fraley May 22, 2010

i too just received my phone bill from verizon. it had a $14.95 monthly bill from streaming flix. verizon said that it was a third party administration, . i called stream flix and complained. i did not get my money back but i was able to cancel the service. streaming flix said that i gave out my home phone number (i am not in the habit of doing that). they also said that i was sent a confirmation email of which i did not receive. as a result of ths HUGE SCAM and yes i did tell streaming flix that that this is a scam of which they denied. i told verizon to no longer let third party administrators charge me for any further billing and unfortunately i cancelled my home phone number to keep tis from happening again.

• Ca
    Carol S. S. Jun 12, 2010

Same deal. Spoke to the StreamingFlix people who were insistent that I had ordered this. They sent me a copy of my supposed order form. It looked very convincing (where do they get all this information?) until I realized that the form was filled out on Internet Explorer (which I don't have) on a Windows machine (which I most certainly don't have). This is deliberate fraud and needs to be put out of business! Outrageous!

john sylvester Jun 15, 2010

I was receiving my Verizon bill on line for the past two years and pay by automatic withdrawal from my checking account, when I noticed that the bill was increasing up to $54.00 a month, when it had been in the $38- $42.00 range for years. When I called Verizon, I spoke with a young lady, named Susan, who was very helpful and adviced me that another company was billing me for the $14.95 charge, for the past 3 months. She took the charges off my bill and I now am receiving a paper bill. Lo and behold, the billing company was Streaming Flix. This is a rip off company. If you have Verizon service, call the Verizon Customer Service Rep. and she should assist you.

• We
    wendyloveshim Jul 16, 2010

We were charged the 14.95 like everyone else. We know we did not order anything and they took one fee off but say we have to pay for one...I don't see how they can get away with this! Anyone know where we can go from here? I refuse to pay for this scam!!!

• 2s
    2strokes Aug 06, 2010

We too are adding our anger and frustation of having to deal with this company. We were charged the same amount, 14.95 twice, and have contacted the Streaming Flix Company with very little satisfaction. The did, hpwever, cancel the "account" which we never opened in the first place. We were given a Cancelation Number. We were informed that we would be responsible for paying for 2 months. Again, wrong answer.

We use Verizon as our telephone provider. This is the first time we have ever had a problem like this with them. The real interesting part is we have an unlisted and unpublished telephone number only in my wife's name. Yet, Streaming Flix shows my name misspelled, and an incorrect Internet Address.

Where did they come up with all of that?

We are not responsible for the charges, according to the telephone company. We will also be pursuing this.

• Wh
    WHOPROTECTSUS Aug 09, 2010

The same thing happened to me also. So I made a formal complaint to Verzion and FTC.

Teresa House Aug 26, 2010

I would like an e-mail address for streaming flix. Does anyone have that e-mail address? I have attempted to contact them by phone, but all I get is a busy signal. I have phone service through Frontier and can't get any help there concerning my charge from streaming flix. I am very upset about the $14.95 charge on my phone bill for July and August! I have filed a complaint with the FTC.

• Gl
    GLoux Sep 08, 2010

My Verizon bill contains a $14.95 from Streaming Flix LLC that I never ordered or authorized. They claim that I filled out an authorization form and sent me a PDF file containing what I supposedly filled out. I never did this. I see other complaints here about the same company doing the same thing to others.

• Gl
    GLoux Sep 08, 2010

This is identity theft plain and simple...

• En
    enough-is-enough Sep 27, 2010

Just talked to the "service" rep. Phone number [protected] Streaming Flix. What a rip off! I talked to Dawn and they did cancel my so-called subscription! WE did NOT sign up for this service. As a matter of fact it was credited to my wife who is just about technologically inept! There is NO way she would have ordered a movie subscription! NO WAY! I am as pissed at my phone service for this billing as I am at Streaming Flix. There should be some way for authorization before the billing cycle could ever start! Thanks a bunch CenturyLink for making this a hassle. Check your charges on your phone bill everyone! If you do not have a contract with this service call your phone company... they will put you in touch with "ESBI" billing service (I talked to Jamie here) who will in turn put you in contact with customer service of streaming flix... that can give you very little information about your account. They can however cancel the account and hopefully no further billing will occur. Call them directly at [protected]... I talked to Dawn.
    I hope the services has been canceled... I will let you know next month!

Enough

terry house Oct 06, 2010

I have a Verizon home phone line that I pay for automatically through Checkfree. I have the basic service at $16 a month. I have a limit on what Checkfree can pay, so I do not look at my phone bill regularly. It went from $16 to $31 then this month to $63. This is when Checkfree quit paying. I called Verizon and they explained the charges were due to third party billing. I also called this Streaming place and they would only credit me for the last two months, which I have not paid for yet. I also was told I filled out a form and they even said they sent me an acknowledgement! I never saw that. They had 3 $14.95 charges on my account! I must warn everyone also, that I got a text message on my cell phone claiming to be Verizon, saying my Vpix account was going to be cancelled and I should go to a certain website to check it out. Well I now know where the latest charge came from. As soon as you get to the web site you are charged $14.95! Keep an eye out foer these types of text messages and do not go to the web site! Verizon was very helpful with me on this problem and has now blocked my phone lines from ANY third party billings.

• So
    southern_style Oct 15, 2010

I cannot believe how many people are going through this same thing. I got into an argument with my Phone Co. about 14.95 charges on mine...they gave me a [protected] to call which I did. I was then told it was "something" I ordered..NOT! She told me that she would have it "taken OFF my bill" and that it "might" take up to 3 months to do that along with a confirmation number... well...I recieved my phone bill and there are 2 charges now on it for "supposedly" the same thing...NOT again...I don't know what this Company is all about but I WILL take it to chanel 9 whistle blower and get to the bottom of it becuase they always seem to think that we someone wants something for nothing when what it really biols down to is they are charging US for NOTHING and I AM SICK and TIRED of it.
    Also, whoever "she" was from "Streaming Flix" said that it was ordered on the 8th of August, my bill says the 28th of Aug., and the 28th of Sept. now I am starting to believe that "WHATEVER" this is, it will continue on the 28th of each month! This is rediculous!!

• So
    southern_style Oct 15, 2010

I have been going through the same thing with this "Streaming Flix" crap.
    I called my phoen co. to complain and they gave me the [protected] to call and get it taken care of which I did... the lady there told me it was "something I ordered on 8-8" which indeed was NOT. She also told me she would have it "removed from my bill" and it may take up to 3 months to do so...and follwed that with a confirmation number for the call.
    Well, since that conversation I recieved my phone bill and there are 2 charges of 14.95 on it. One for August 28th and another for September 28th, does this mean this is going to be added to my bill the 28th of every month??? It better not mean that and I am really getting tired of being treated as though I am trying to get something free when in all reality we are being charged for NOTHING at all!
    I think my next move is going to be to report this to chanel 9 T.V. whistle blower and see if they can get to the bottom of it now that I see it is happening to ALOT of people!
    GRRRRRRRRRRR

• Ra
    Ray Schipani Oct 16, 2010

I just received TWO emails from this streaming flix place, telling me I was going to be billed 14.95 for their services. I don't even know who in the blazes this company is! Once discovered, I cancelled their subscription, from their email notification. I cancelled exactly 3hours and 35 minutes from the time they sent me their 2 notices. Which by the way according to the time, they were both sent samultaneously! Yes, it is obvious that they have a plot and a plan to pull this off, and will continue to do so unless the internet or someone with badges goes after them.