Stratton & Feinsteinmortgage modification fraud

We hired this company 10 months ago for loan mdifications in our primary residence, and our rental properties.

It has been a nightmare! Their service, was "non existing" No follow-up, no answering to e-mails, no call backs.

But, they were always prompt in drafting our checking account with a monthly fee.

On the 30 th. of November, I recieved a forclosure notice at my door. I thought I would have a heart attack!

These were the mortgages that these people were supposed to be working on, on our behalf!

"We are working on it, it takes time to deal with the banks" that is what we were told, the seldom times we were able to talk to a human being in that office (Palm Beach Gardens).

From Matt Gilbert, to Nole Rivera, these people are real crooks, real liars, consumers BEWARE!

My calls to their office were definetly not answered after the 1st. of December. They were rated by the FTC for fraud.

I contacted Alicia Almansa, one of the lawyers working in the Miami office of Stratton & Feinstein, She was very empathetic, and promised to help as soon as the pre-paid envelope she sent me, with my paperwork, reached her hands.

They told me that Stratton & Feinstein had outsourced the loan services to 1st. Universal Lending LLC and that it had been a disaster.

We had 7 different reps. in 10 months!

Today, I recieved an e-mail from Stratton & Feinstein Miami saying that they could not continue their services to us for our "lack of payment".(???????)

These people should be put in jail! How can they sleep at night? What a nerve! They blew us off cheaply because now fixing up the wrongs was going to take a legion of people working 24/7, and they would get no more money for it!

I am seriously considering a lawsuit against them. But we have to be many together to fight them in court, otherwise, they know it is a lost cause for the "little guy" to fight the big and prominent law firm.

Meanwhile, I am filing a complaint with the Florida Bar Assoc. and the Attorney General, plus a complaint for a full REFUND from the BBB.

Care to join me? Gabriella Lewis [protected]

• Sf
    SFPA Dec 11, 2009

gabriella, please check your email. this was not an authorized email, and you should contact the lawyers directly. call 305.672.7772 or 1.877.464.7772. ANYONE having received this email should call the lawyers directly!

-----------------------

The email you received is not an authorized email, nor are the contents therein representative of the firm’s position. the firm's top priority is immediately reviewing and addressing the files for any client who was receiving customer service from the West Palm Beach affiliate, not in collecting fees.

I ask that you please ignore the communications from that office, as they are not authorized to contact you. The only authorized communication should originate out of the attorneys' office from one of the attorney or thier paralegal and assistants. Additionally, the only authorized emails should come from “strattonfeinstein.com”. Should you need to speak to anyone else, you should be informed of that in advance. The firm is taking every step necessary against these individuals from further harming the firm, our clients, and to ensure our client’s privacy.

As it relates to the comments regarding First Universal Lending, the only thing that can be said is that all the firm's dealings were with First Universal Holdings LLC. Notwithstanding, there was never a merger – merely disappointment and a breach of trust by a company we contracted with to provide services we believed to be in the best interest of our client. Unfortunately, this company did not perform to our standards or our clients’ expectations. On a daily basis we are taking steps to make sure our clients have not been compromised.

you are asked to please contact the numbers above to further discuss.

Regards,

Brett Feinstein

• Mi
    Michiganbob Dec 30, 2009

Three weeks ago I was able to get ahold of one person @ Stratton & Fienstien and NO ONE since. All I am looking for is someone to tell what to do next. Are they honoring the agreement that was printed on their letter head that I signed in August, or am I on my own. I can't get an answer from anyone at the half a dozen or so numbers I have. Anyone have any input?

• Us
    User4987234 Jan 06, 2010

I AGREE COMPLETELY. I CAN'T GET ANYONE ON THE PHONE AND I HAVE CALLED EVERYDAY SINCE 12/10 WHEN I RECEIVED AN EMAIL STATING THEY COULD NO LONGER REP US DUE TO NON-PAYMENT. NOW THEIR WEBSITE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT IT WAS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO FROM HERE, THEY HAVE TAKEN $8000 FOR SERVICES THEY NEVER DID. I CONTACTED OUR MORTGAGE COMPANY AND THEY SAID THEY HAVE ONLY RECEIVED A LETTER STATING WE ARE BEING REPRESENTED BY THEM, NOTHING ELSE. THIS IS AFTER I SPOKE WITH SOMEONE AT S&F (AN OUTSOURCED REP APPEARENTLY) THAT SAID NOT TO TALK TO OUR MORTGAGE COMPANY AND THE OFFER THE MORTG COMP SENT US THEY TOLD US TO THROW AWAY. SO HERE WE ARE, $8000 LIGHTER AND $15, 000 BEHIND IN OUR MORTGAGE WITH NO IDEA WHAT TO DO FROM HERE. I HAVE SPOKEN WITH AN ATTORNEY AND SHE SAID THEY ARE LIABLE FOR FRAUD FOR OUTSOURCING OUR PERSONAL FINANCIAL INFORMATION WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE AND APPROVAL, A FULL REFUND FOR BRIECH OF CONTRACT BECAUSE WE HAVE PROOF THAT WE PAID OUR PAYMENT EVERY MONTH, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES DUE TO THE FACT WE MAY LOSE OUR HOUSE NOW. I WILL BACK ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO FORWARD WITH A LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS FIRM.
    KATIE

• Dt
    **DT** Jan 28, 2010

This is a trend that is far too common for consumers to be neglected and lead astray but such companies. I have represented many financial institutions regarding past due credit line accounts, including mortgages and have had the unfortunate duty of calling consumers to notify them of the position they are now in for lack of payment. To my surprise I often hear the consumer state to me on the phone, "I have been instructed to tell you I am with XYZ company and I am not to talk to you, here is their number". When I attempt to explain the down fall of being engaged in such programs and the legal fact that they are about to be sued for none payment or foreclosure proceeding are about to commence unless they attend to the issue, they simply say "I have turned over my debt or mortgage to xyz company, you have to call them". What is a new trend and is even worse is the consumer is now given access to a recorded massage to play upon being contact by a creditor of collections company. Once the person identifies them self as a creditor or collections representative for a creditor, the consumer presses a key on the phone and a recording now plays "this consumer has retained the services of a law firm, no further contact should be presented to this consumer but now directed to xyz law firm". Again this is a false sense of security for the consumer. This does not nor can it stop the collection calls. What the company does not tell the consumer is that it is required in writing to cease and desist calls. The debt management company or law firm will in fact send a POA (limited power of attorney) to your creditor, thus stopping calls, but not the action against you. Remember if the creditor or collection company is not able to contact you to explain the options to help you recover... they are then forced to proceed with legal action.

These companies do not want the consumer to know they have not only the right, but the ability to negotiate a term or repayment and/or settlement on their own saving the consumer both money and hardship..

This has been a growing tend where companies are taking advantage of the consumer and their current financial misfortune. Consumers are given very bad advice by both debt management and other firms claiming to be law firms. A good number of these alleged law firms are not at all a law firm, instead they retain an attorney to lease the commercial name which allows them to use xyz law firm giving the consumer a false sense of security. These companies CANNOT prevent you from being sued by your creditor. In fact the creditor are ore likely to take action against you if they determine you are enrolled into a program such as these. Your creditors know all to well that the scripts these companies use will convince a consumer to neglect their debt and pay the third party company instead while the debt is left unpaid and the reports to the credit bureau plummets the consumers score beyond immediate repair .

The law firm stated in afore mentioned posts is no different and then any other debt relief or debt management company. Their interests are in financial gains for them self and a long term position for them self. The fact they used a company that is now under litigation, also to mention that First Universal Lending and Stratton and Feinstein are located at the same physical address should say something to any consumer that has had the misfortune of being deceived by these companies.

STRATTON & FEINSTEIN, P.A.
    5100 PGA Blvd
    Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33418
    U.S.A.

First Universal Lending LLC
    5100 PGA Blvd
    Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33418
    U.S.A.

As a consumer, one would only believe or entrust that an entity of law should know or at least check the back ground of any potential outsource companies prior to allowing them to handle a public consumers interests. This is far too common to have a consumer in this position with their creditor.

It should also be mentioned it is against the law for an attorney or attorney firm to solicit via telephone, which is how this and other law firms gain clients, however under the premise of a separate company name such as First Universal Lending, thus trying to hide their name from the illegal practices.

I would ask Gabriella Lewis, Katie and any other consumer that has been a victim of this and other companies to contact me to share their history with these companies so other consumers can be warned of the down falls of this and other companies. These type of things need to be made public so the facts are known. Once uncovered with large numbers of consumers, it can and generally does draw the attention of both the FTC and the Attorneys General from respective states. And that will put an end to some of these deceptive companies and their bottom feeding.

**DT**
    [protected]@consumerdebtlert.com

• Dt
    **DT** Jan 28, 2010

My apologies for the error in the email: [protected]@consumerdebtalert.com

• Na
    nasuse13 Feb 26, 2010

Do not go with this company. I feel like I have thrown my money away. I also ruined my credit. They will not call me back and that's just the begining. I had to call all my creditors and try to set up payment arrangements. Do not go through this company!!! You will lose it all.

• Cl
    Claudia Martin Mar 10, 2010

Stratton and Feinstien were victims just like us.

Apparently they hired the Palm Beach place to do business with them, and they started doing other things, like loan modifications, and credit card consolidation, which they weren't supposed to do. They had no authorization to even used the stratton and feinstein name. All I know is that my house was on foreclosure at some point, but it wasn't because of them. When they finally got my file, they fixed everything right away and now I'm happy living in my home with a lowered mortgage.
    You only need to trust the calls coming from [protected], and the emails from strattonfeinstein.com. If there is an and in between, then its no good so dont even answer. Anyways, hope everyones problems get solved. God bless you all.

Claudia M.

MAS35 Jun 15, 2010

We have come to be in the same position as all of you. Just one day no more phone calls. They have taken 2ooo.oo dollars from us and havent done a thing. We are very close to loosing our home. We are left with the option of let the mortgage company sell it and go free from a home and property we have owned for 15yrs. Let them forclose or wait and hope this company works with us. We are getting no where with the mortgage company. We had a 1270.00 payment now they want us to pay 1700.00 when we couldnt afford the 9.0%interest rate with the 1270.oo payment. What has this country come to. What happen to the day whe the local bank had your mortgage and worked with you. Any body that wants to file suit against them i am in 100%

• Lu
    lupitas Jan 01, 2012

I trusted stratton & Feinstein to help me with the modification on my home but to My surprise they only
    took 5000.00 dlls. from My bank acc. they were on contact with me until they couldn't withdraw any more money
    out of My acc. and now I'm about to lose My home. they called me from [protected] & [protected]
    I talk to Alex Valdez @ [protected] ex851 he is a lire a dirty lire, He just rip me off, I'm with you all that want
    to File a suit against them.I'm in 100%

• Co
    concern citizen2 Jan 05, 2013

52 So.3d 662 (2011)

THE FLORIDA BAR
    v.
    FEINSTEIN (BRETT).
    No. SC10-2374.
    Supreme Court of Florida.

Brett Feinstein was suspended from practicing law for 6 month for misconduct and fraud. This ambulance chaser is not to trust at all. Look at the picture that I attached!

• Co

Supreme Court of Florida:

Link to court's decision:

• Ha
    harvey is fraud Jan 05, 2013

Brett Feinstein was suspended by the Florida Supreme Court for misconduct and fraud.