STRAIGHT LEASE.COM/GENERAL CAR LEASE$1000.00 FRAUD

MAX GLASS AND LORI, TOOK $1000.00 FROM ME FOE A CAR LEASE THEN THEY CHANGED COMPANY NAMES AND NOW THEY ARE GONE PEOPLE BE WARE THEY ARE TAKING PEOPLES MONEYS AND RUNNING AWAY...I SUE THE COMPANY AND WON BUT SINCE THERE IS NO PHYSICAL ADDRESS I CAN NOT COLLECT... ANYONE WITH IDEAS PLEASE HELP

• Al
    alex502 Oct 08, 2009

I am dealing with this company now! can you please e-mail me?? [email protected]

• Ro
    Rochan Jan 20, 2010

I leased from straight lease as well...I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone regarding my lease. Anyone have new information on what the company name is or what course of action can be taken at this point?

• Mo
    modious2723 Feb 04, 2010

I have the same problem, Robert Gary in Newport Beach handled my lease. Anybody have any ideas??

• Ti
    Timbo4428 Feb 08, 2010

Yeah its one guy, he tells me different names on the phone but its obvious its the same person. I leased 3 years ago on a 6 year lease with the "trade-in" option after three years. I just made contact for a new lease but was just as weary as last time. A GM delearship salesman (from where my yukon actually came from) told me that he was going through a divorce at the time and trying to hide stuff (assests) from his wife? 3 years ago i discovered a physical address for the business that came up as a residential condo in Newport Beach. Dont know of its the same now. I dealt with him through generalcarleasing.com which i guess doesnt exist anymore.

• Da
    DANIEL BARRAGAN Mar 02, 2010

please call me to discuss what can we do about this problem...[protected]..daniel

Mark T Tebow Mar 30, 2010

Wow, you guys just saved me, I was about to wire this guy $1500 as he told me it was required by the dealer to send them part of the money to get the lease done. I'm so glad I checked this site, and yes, you are 100% correct about the same guy using different names. I noticed they all had the same mousy voice each time I called, but I would get different names each time.

Now, in the past, I used to use a similar service and received great deals, the company name was Karshopper.com, but they now seem to be out of business. I wouldn't say everyone of these companies is a scam, but this one sure seems to be.

• Gu
    gunner14 May 13, 2010

BEWARE OF GENERAL CAR LEASING: In early November 2009 I ordered a vehicle through Robert Gary of General Car Leasing. I paid a deposit and was told it would arrive in 14 days. After several ‘expected delivery dates’ were blown in early Jan 2010 I was finally informed without any apology that the vehicle I ordered was not available. General Car said they could locate a similar spec car, but with different color interior and exterior. I reluctantly agreed because by then my current lease had expired. When the dealer delivered the vehicle with the lease agreement I discovered the monthly rate was far higher than I’d originally agreed. I called General Car and they said the vehicle’s extra value package was different, so the rate was higher. However, they DID NOT tell me this before delivery! They knew I was desperate for a car and believed I would just sign the lease anyway. I refused delivery of the car and asked for my deposit check to be returned. General Car said they would process the refund according to their terms - 60 business days. Nearing 60 days of waiting I began to chase General Car and after numerous e-mails I was eventually told that the check had been mailed. No check ever arrived. Again I contacted General Car and was told that they would stop check payment and re-issue a new one in 10 business days!. Despite my protests and repeated ignored requests to speak to their owner or CEO (who I suspect is Robert Gary anyway) I waited a further 10 days and still no check arrived. Again I tried to contact Robert Gary numerous times and was told repeatedly that he wasn’t in the office. My lawyer has since written to General Car and if that does not work I will be filing a claim in court. I have also filed an official complaint with the California DMV as I learned after the fact that they broke at least three laws: 1. Failed to execute a written brokering agreement and provided completed copies. I never received any agreement to sign.2. Accepted a purchase deposit which exceeded 2.5% of the selling price. 3. The final price of the brokered vehicle exceeded the purchase price listed in the agreement. Overall my experience of Robert Gary and General Car Leasing was extremely negative. Robert had no respect for me as a customer, he just wanted to make the sale and played on my desperation for a new car, he showed no courtesy, no professionalism and most concerning, he and his company clearly have no integrity as they have still not returned my deposit. Lastly, Robert would often answer the phone pretending to be a female receptionist so he could screen calls. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE AND DO NOT DEAL WITH GENERAL CAR LEASING!

• Fr
    Frank sartip Jun 07, 2010

I leased a Range rover from Max glass in 2008 and he told me that I have "trade-in" option after 30 months and now he disappeared...what should I do? any contact?

Please give me a call at [protected]

Regards

Frank

• Ve
    venbray Aug 02, 2010

We are another victim of the General Car Lease company. We are ready to turn our car in after 33 months only to find out the company doesn't exist anymore and now we are trapped in a 62 month lease. I wonder if there is any basis for a class action law suit. Anyone know?

• Ho
    Honorableone Aug 16, 2010

Anyone needing information on General Car Leasing and Robert Gary Friedman aka Max Glass, aka Robert Gary, aka Robert Clark etc. Please post you phone number and I will call you regarding his where abouts and what you may be able to do. I have a lot of information that will prove helpful and bring this creep to justice. He has done this for almost 30 years and has bilked 100 of thousands from people.

I must stay anonymous for my own safety!

• Hb
    HBLost Aug 20, 2010

I am another victim of Robert Gary (aka Robert Friedman). He to ~$2, 800 from me for a new Audi lease. He continually delayed my delivery until I finally cancelled my order, waited 60 business days (according to their policy) for my refund, and then never got it. Went to small claims court where GCL never appeared, won my case, and now I am seeking to get my money only to discover as everyone else is that this company does not exist anymore. "Honorableone", please call me [protected]) with information on how to get my money back or at least seek revenge upon this business.

My friend also leased his car through GCL in Aug-2009 and actually recieved it. He is now on a lease with no issues as far as I know. Should he be concerned too?

• Da
    DANIEL BARRAGAN Nov 13, 2010

im so glad that finally i did got my money, the company is bounded. call me or email me to give you the info...we need to put this crip to jail, call me with all his info...[protected]...but really lets do this...ok

• Gu
    gunner14 Nov 19, 2010

Robert Gary is now operating another site since he closed down General Car Leasing. Its called www.insiderautoleasing.com. Buyers beware. My advise is go elsewhere!

• Nu
    nursecarriewilson Nov 20, 2010

I leased two cars from him in the last year and had the cars delivered with added parts (runners) etc.. that equaled a higher monthly payment but I signed anyway. I also had the 4 year lease with an option to trade up in 24 months with $ 2500.00 towards the new car from general lease. So I guess I am out that money and am stuck now in each car for 4 years. Does anyone know what I can do about this? Thank you. Carrie Wilson [protected]

• Fl
    flipmode Dec 02, 2010

The person behind Stragiht Lease/General Car Leasing and now Insider Auto Leasing is an absolute [censor]. When answering the phone at Insider Auto he has claimed to be Chris Lee and Tom, but it's clearly the same person, Robert Gary, I spoke to when I leased my car from Straight Lease in 2008...no question about it. How this guy continues to evade being put behind bars is amazing as that's clearly where he belongs. DO NOT LEASE A CAR FROM INSIDER AUTO LEASING!!! This guy clearly continues to scam people.

• Fi
    fixmyfoot Dec 27, 2010

looking into leasing a vehicle from insiderautoleasing.com but now hesitant after reading all these comments...my vehicle was to be picked up at a local dealer so im not sure how they can scam me since i havent signed any paperwork until pickup ..hmmm..the comments are definitely discouraging though..ive been dealing with "maxine"...a female..any comments on her or dealings with her.??? help ..as im about to decide soon

• Fl
    flipmode Dec 27, 2010

DO NOT LEASE A CAR from whoever it is at insiderautoleasing...it is a scam. There is a reason why multiple people claimed to have fallen victim to the same person/company on this forum. I would not be surprised at all if Maxine were the same Robert Gary, Chris Lee, etc. as the guy does disguise his voice as a female too. Insiderautoleasing will claim you can get out of your lease within 24-36 months when in fact your lease is 60 months...any paperwork signed between you and insiderautoleasing bears no weight whatsoever as the lease you are signing is between you and the bank. All of the BS incentives that insiderautoleasing promises is a lie. You have the opportunity to walk away as not many of us did early on. When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...don't lease that car or send any money to whoever it is you are talking to.

CheckUr6 Mar 10, 2011

What you are reading on this board seems true: we all got suckered by General Car Corp, Straight Lease, InsiderAutoLeasing, whatever company by this Max Glass, Robert Gray, Maxine, insert whatever name. While I could write that you are being scammed, some of you won't listen. 3 year lease out? Cash back? 60 day refund? In my case, it was all fallacies.

So do yourself a very simple favor. There WILL be paperwork provided to you with the name of the financial institution funding the lease - probably a bank. Look up a phone number for that company. BEFORE YOU SIGN, simply call that BANK (not the leasing agent by whatever ), ask for a supervisor, and confirm that the deal you are getting is really what you were promised. You'll save yourself a headache and stumbling across this board 3 years into a 5 year lease. That new car can wait the five minutes this takes you, and save you hours of frustration and thousands in cash. And yes, I wish I'd found this when I signed my lease almost 3 years ago.

• Re
    ResearchKing May 04, 2011

InsiderAutoLeasing.com

After many calls and emails back and forth with Sam Sloan, it appears as though I was prepping for the greatest scam that I've personally encountered. Insider Auto Leasing was listed at Swap A Lease.com as having the capability of offering a lease for high-end vehicles. In my case, I was looking for the Benz GL 450. Without all of the details, I was promised a lease at $799 monthly for the 2011 SUV. I called several folks and was told that the terms, incentives, etc. were completely bogus.

Some of the promised incentives are as follows: Reimbursement for customer paid Scheduled Vehicle Maintenance, Reimbursement for excess miles up to a maximum of 6, 000 excess miles - Thru research, NONE of this is REAL.

Further, in my final phone call with Sam Sloan, I was informed that his company was not a dealer, but rather a broker and better yet an Auto Club. He compared himself and his company to Costco. He stated that his club was 'made up of members both consumers and small businesses alike, plus a myriad of factory authorized franchise dealerships.'

Sloan then offered via email a complementary membership with an actual membership number that makes it all look/feel legitimate. The bottom line is that this is an overall scam. I was prepared to wire $4K for the start of the lease until I looked this up online and found the complaints listed here at the site.

Read all the many complaints on this company and individual. It looks as though Sam Sloan may also be Robert Gary, Chris Lee, Max Glass, Robert Clark, and various other names!!! His M.O. is to start a new name, make a few dollars and shut the entity down and simply start all over again under new names, etc. Thanks for posting here so that I could avoid getting taken by this company.

BEWARE: DO NOT USE this company. Be sure and complete a due diligence before sending money and signing final paperwork.

• Jd
    J.D. Unhappy May 26, 2011

This company is totally fake! I too had a run in with Robert Friedman a.k.a. Martin Henry, a.k.a. Helen the receptionist. Yes this guy played the female receptionist gig, even while we were telling him we knew it was him. This was like staying at the Bates Motel, and then falling through a wormhole into the Twilight Zone weird! I am so embarrassed I fell for this attempted scam. Take a look at the incentives! Ok 6, 000 free [email protected] .25 = $1, 500, free excess wear and tear $5, 000, free early lease termination? I mean when you look at this it is embarrassing. How would this "company" make money?!! ONLY THE FINANCE COMPANY can articulate the terms of your lease agreement! The California DMV confirmed that Robert Friedman was the owner of General Car Leasing, and Bank of America confirmed that Robert Friedman is the signee to the Insider Auto Leasing account you will be told to deposit your funds to. I ordered a car from Insider Auto Leasing, "Martin Henry" was my "authorized lease broker for Insider Auto Leasing - Audi Lease Division". What a Surprise! I am contacted the day the car gets to the dealership, and it has $3k worth of stuff I specifically stated i DIDN'T want. Surprise Surprise, the car I want isn't available! I find these, and other complaints, and immediately request a refund. "Mr. Henry" initially tells me it will take 30 days! I immediately called the California DMV, the District Attorney's office, the Better Business Bureau and then the charade began. I got my refund late; "the first check got lost". Really this guy operates out of the dark ages. He seems oblivious to the fact people can track stuff like this! " Mr. Henry" likes to play self appointed lawyer. He seems to think his customers are idiots too. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice... well you know what I am getting at. I am pursuing this with the California DMV for fraud, he has no license and no bond. I am also pursuing my complaint with District Attorney in my area, as well as the Better Business Bureau. Realize the BBB is not equipped to report real time information. They are assimilating information, but in their efforts to weed out rogue complaints they have to take time to research issues. IAL knows this, and seems to be banking on the fact that months may go buy before complaints start pouring in about his scam. The address listed is a UPS store mail box. STEER CLEAR OF THIS "COMPANY"!!!

• Me
    melenie moldez Jul 06, 2011

i want full lease and straight lease agreement and i don't find it, ...

GetRobertGFriedman Nov 04, 2011

all of this is true - i too dealt with Max Glass in Nov of 08. He is possibly using his fathers SSN, Robert Gary Friedman - [protected], DOB = 7/20/1937 I think his real DOB is 7/20/1961 - he lives in Orange County, Newport beach or Costa Mesa area. In the early 90's he lived at 1525 Valencia, Newport Beach 92660. I am in the process of learning more info and will post as i get it to help all the others that were taken by this scam.

GetRobertGFriedman Nov 04, 2011

General Car Corporation Inc is still an active company that we can take to court. He lives by Fashion Island around Jamboree, MacArthur, and Bison - all the office, POB, UPS box, and his original house in 92 is all within a mile or 2 proximity. I am thinking his real name is Martin Henry and that he is using "Robert G Friendman".. more to come.

GetRoberGary Feb 22, 2012

Robert Gary never delivered my car and kept my deposit. My conversations with him were eerily similar to many of the previous posts. A couple other names used in General Car Leasing correspondence were Bruce King and Hector Crowley.

Below is his response to my BBB complaint. If you know how I can find this crook, please email me at [email protected]

LA BBB Complaint ID: [protected]

Consumer's Rebuttal
    Consumer's Rebuttal - Posted 01/15/2010
    REVISED 3/31/10: General Car Leasing tried to bait and switch after I had already put down a deposit on a vehicle. Now they have kept my deposit of $2, 280.58 and are not responding to my attempts to contact them. They've had my money for over 5 months. It has been 68 days since they began processing the refund, which should have taken 60 days maximum. My next course of action is a lawsuit.Overnight me a check for $2, 280.58.

Company's Final Response
    Company's Final Response - Posted 04/01/2010
    The refund check was mailed to the customer according to our refund policy. Please note that the customer is employed by the company that drives the internet. It follows then that as an angry customer he would know how to use the media of Internet to smear and injure a company. We believe the customer has already committed libel and slander against our company using the Internet as his public forum. In respect to the customer's allegations, the customer has slanted and twisted the facts to conveniently suit his complaint.