Stillwater FarmsScam

P

I purchased a cocker spaniel puppy from them at 6 weeks old. I was not aware that this is really too early to release a puppy from its mother.
This is a AKC registered person. When I asked to view the Mother and Father of the puppy I purchased, I was told to just drive by
the outside pens and peek in. Stupid me..that is what I did. But what I saw was a mess. All the dogs are housed outside in huge
pens that were filled with mud and feces. We took the puppy anyway.
The next day I took the puppy to a VET. He stated that he had never seen such a bad case of worms in a puppy that supposedly had already been wormed.
This puppy mill, StillWater Farms in Kingsbury, TX, run by a Carol Marley really needs to be investigated. Those poor animals are outside in rain and heat with only a few dog houses to protect all of them. She is continually having new litters from several of these dogs.
Also, my puppy will covered with fleas and required attention from the Vet.
I have contacted her several times and she refuses to send me the paperwork for my puppies registration although I paid $650 for a full registration. She refuses to send the paid for Full Registration papers.
This woman is mean and although her website states she has a lovely family and they all love the dogs they raise, it was told to me by her husband that only the older kids take care of the dogs [cleaning, feeding, etc]. I since realize that I purchased a puppy from a puppy mill. Now she wants to be a Postpartum Doula...forget about it!

• Pu
    puppal Sep 01, 2009

You already figured it out: puppy mill.

Hopefully, your puppy is healthy now and will grow up to be adjusted and happy in a loving home.