Stewart Title CompanyUnauthorized charges

T

I personal delivered earnest money ($400.00 cashier's check, $100.00 money order) to Stewart Title company on March 1, 2008. The clerk was unable to find the contract but accepted the funds (I have photocopies of checks on a stamped receipt). The contract wasn't accepted and I requested to have funds returned on March 20, 2008. I was informed by the clerk that the title researcher 'Kelly' stated she only had one check for the $100.00 and didn't know what I was speaking to about the other check for $400.00. I asked to speak to her and replied, 'that I only wanted to get my refund as I am entitled'. She stated that it was lost and, I would have to bring in proof that it wasn't cashed. Kelly told me to go to the bank and get a stop payment, then bring it to her, then she would submit it up her chain for approval and payment. I WANT MY MONEY W/O ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSE.