Stellar FlooringScam

S

I purchased my floor in May and have yet to receive any flooring. My first salesman Aaron I found is in jail for violation of probation for child abuse, my second sales person quit when Stellar Flooring bounced 3 of his paychecks. The third salesperson I also talked to, had his checks bounce also. Then I read about all the other customers Joe Smith has stolen money from in Greg Dawson's consumer section of the Orlando Sentinel. Now I still see people complaining on the Internet about Joe Smith the crook and he is now opening another store to help him steal our money. I've contacted the Attorney General ans it seems many other victims have contacted them about Joe Smith. The wheels of justice are churning!!

Ron Oct 02, 2008

They bounce checks to vendors and employees, borrow money from customer's deposits, use you ID given over the Internet without permission. Joe Smith is a Professional con man!!

Ron Nov 07, 2008

This man has bounced 3 checks to me last June, stolen customers money and has the audacity to open up another store with out making good on the 3 bad checks he bounced to me and how many other sales people he has bounced checks to. I know of at least two. Now he is being investigated by the Attorney General for his criminal business tatics. I hope to visit him in jail, that will be my retribution and his restitution!!

Ron Dec 14, 2008

Even after he defrauds you and sets up a GE Money acct, Joe Smith knows eventually you will get some your money from GE
    less his 35 % restocking fee. This is how one of his scams works, you order $5, 000.00 worth of flooring, he gets you approved by GE or CitiBank, you wait weeks, months, you cancel the contract. Joe Smith charges you a 35% restock fee $1750.00, for a product he never ordered, nor intended to. GE credits his account $5k with in two days after you are approvexd, less their fee of 4.71% approx $235.00. He now has your $4800.00 to use interest free for several moths while you chase him your your money. You mayeventually get back $3, 300.00, Joe Smith nets 1750.00 times how many victims, all pure profit. He no different than a thief in the night.

• Li
    lisa Jan 28, 2009

Stellar flooring is ripping everyone off. Too bad these rip off sites weren't showing online before I purchased my floor in December.

• St
    StellarSUCKS Feb 05, 2009

I made my purchase via their website. After two months of calling Stellar (and Joe at [protected]) and asking about my delivery date, I finally figured out they had no intention of ever sending me the merchandise.

The entire operation at Stellar Flooring is a scam. Fortunately, I purchased my flooring via credit card and was able to dispute the claim through my credit card company. After a 2 month investigation, I was able to receive my money back.

I was confided in by two employees that they had not been paid in a while. It seems to be a big ponzi scheme.

Whatever you do - do not give your money to this company. Stay clear!

Anonymous Feb 23, 2009

I worked for Joe Smith since he opened the business, Stellar Flooring. In the beginning I thought him and his wife were great people. They seemed to really have it together. I began becoming sceptical after they would start leaving there 4 month old daughter with me to babysit, when they barely knew me. At the time Stellar Flooring was being ran out of the 720 N. Goldenrod office. I ran the office, which was a lot of work due to the fact that I was the only one doing that job, and Joe were extremely irresponsible and messy. Plus, their was a large volume of calls coming in. When I first started it took me almost a month just to get the office organized and clean. Then, on top of Joe wanting me to keep up with the office work, he would dump his baby girl in the office for me to babysit so his wife and him could go out and do God knows what.
    After a couple months working for the company I realized that Joe Smith and his wife, whom is now in Jail ( a fugitive from Texas ), were doing drugs. They went to a Methadone clinic, but still smoked marijuana, drank a lot, took Xanax, and still did Heroin from time to time. However, they still seemed to be running a good business and were paying me. So, I didn't quit.
    Around May, 2008 was when things started going bad. First I started to wonder why Joe would never want to talk to customers. If a customer called asking for him he would tell me to handle it. He'd say that that's what he was paying me for. The funny thing was though, Larissa, his wife was also on payroll and was getting paid waaayyyy more then me even though she did NOTHING! Her title was "Office Manager", yet she never lifted a finger. She would blame everything on the baby, whom they brought to work with them everyday. Then when I started having customer call stating that they paid Joe and never heard back from anyone. When I asked Joe about it, he would say that the customer was being impatient and he didn't have time to order their materials yet. When in reality he had already spent the money the customer paid him, and was waiting on someone else to purchase flooring so he could use their money to buy the first customers material.
    As time passed I began learning more and more. Larissa always wanted to go on Measurements with Joe, and they'd bring the baby without informing the customer that an infant would be coming along with them. Joe told me that he did it because people were more likely to buy from him if they saw the baby. Now, Stellar Flooring, was not a very big company. But, because he spent ALOT of money on Advertising, it appeared that he was a huge flooring dealer. He used that Advertising to pull in innocent customer and steal their money. We also had GE Financing through our company. He would get customers to open up credit cards through GE, and lets say the customers bought $3, 000 of flooring, Joe would charge $5, 000 on the card, which GE would post to his bank account, and would never talk to the customer again, let alone purchase their material.
    The funny thing was, Joseph Smith never thought he was doing anything wrong. He would always blame things on the customers, or the employees, or the Distributors. Which by the way, he had about 4 different Distributors he used to order his flooring through. Each one gave him anywhere from a $10, 000 - $25, 000 credit line. So that way he could place big orders and pay when he picked it up, or when it was dropped off. Not Joe Smith! He eventually ran up every single Distributors credit line until they would no longer release any more products to him unless he payed off the debt. So, instead of doing that, he just kept going out on Measurements, selling thousands of dollars in flooring, and keep the money for himself. I would tell him that he was going to get in trouble for what he was doing but he would just say things like " I'm not doing anything criminal, if they want their money back they can sue me. This is a Civil matter." Well, eventually customers who had purchased the flooring through the GE credit card realized that they were never going to get their product, so they began disputing the charges. So, after about 10 people disputed the credit card charges, GE Financing stopped doing business with Stellar Flooring. So, all people could do was pay with Cash or Checks.
    After about 5 months of working for him, he started to not pay me. Joe would tell me he didn't have the money because he was waiting for a check to go through his bank, or because he was waiting for customers to pay him. Everything was under the table, so I couldn't really do anything. He would usually pay me back though. But, check he would write me began bouncing. And then I started getting paid once a month instead of once a week. I had to eventually quit due to the fact that he was no longer paying me, or when he would it wouldn't be the full amount that he owed me, or the check would bounce. It was a nightmare. To this day, Joseph Smith, owes me over $1, 000 in bank fees from checks bouncing and unpaid money. It got so bad that Amscott, ACE Check Cashing, and The Check Cashing Store will no longer cash any checks from Stellar Flooring, or Joseph Smith.
    When I quit Joe had lost his house in Winter Garden due to not paying rent, and had moved into a little house off of Bumby Ave. He closed down the Goldenrod Store and had opened another one. He was thinking of just changing Stellar Flooring to another name. His wife and him where still doing drugs. Plus, come to find out she was pregnant again!
    Last I heard someone had called DCF on them and they were going to remove their daughter. By the way, they already lost their first child to DCF in Texas, which is where they are originally from. I also heard that Larissa (last name Davidson, not Smith) was in Orange County jail due to a warrant she had. I guess she was on the run from Texas for about 3 years. She had been arrested in Texas for drugs and never showed up for court. Just left and came to Florida thinking that she wouldn't get in trouble. So, Joe is taking care of the baby now all by himself. Plus he was about to be evicted from his house off Bumby Ave last I heard. He told one of my friends that also used to work for him as an installer that he was going to pack up and go back to Texas, since that's were his wife is going to end up anyways. So I guess she'll be delivering her 3rd baby in jail. Luckily, the road has finally ended for Joe Smith. This goes to show that Karma always catches up with you. I think he deserves everything he gets. The sad thing is that he's still out there trying to sell flooring to people over the Internet. Just so HE can make some money.

Ron Feb 25, 2009

Click on the link it will take you to Joe Smith's alleged wife Larrisa. She is in jail in Houston for drug possession. Funny she signed all the worthless checks issued by Stellar Floors Larrisa Davidson Smith.

• Wi
    Wish I was Never a Customer Mar 13, 2009

AIDA R.,
    YOU ARE A VERY BAD PERSON TOO!!! YOU LIED TO US (CUSTOMERS) WHEN WE CALLED. HOW DARE THIS OLD, BAD BODIED FORMER EMPLOYEE OF MR. SMITH ACT LIKE SHE DID NOTHING. WHO EVER SEES THIS LONG PAGE OF BULLS*** THAT THIS OLD FART WHO IS VERY UNATTRACTIVE INSIDE AND OUT JUST WROTE. NEED TO REALLY SHUT UP. THIS LADY CALLED HERSELF THE OPERATIONS MANAGER ALL THE TIME, WAS IT FOR THE $$$ OR WERE YOU LYING ALONG WITH THE (SCAM/CON-ARTIST) JOE SMITH. NOW YOU WANT TO THROW EVERTHING ON JOE SMITH

WHAT A CHRISTIAN!!! ASK YOURSELF ARE YOU REALLY A TRUE CHRISTIAN (NOT)!

PLEASE STOP AND GET ON YOUR EXTREMLY FAT KNEES AND REPENT
    ATTORNEY GENERAL IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT THIS: PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS LADY HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THIS AND YOU REALLY NEED TO CHECK HER BACKGROUND AND START A FILE FOR HER.

I AM VERY MAD BUT SHE IS MOST OF THE BLAME TOO, SHE HAD ACCESS TO ALL ORDERING, ACCOUNTS, ETC... EVERYTIME I CALLED SHE WAS ALWAYS THE PERSON TO TALK WITH THAT WAS IN CHARGE.

ALWAYS REMEMBER, NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU DO WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO DO!!!
    COME ON NOW….HOW OLD ARE YOU “50”

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices