Stellar Dogue De BordeauxFraud / Scam

I sent a $600 check to a Sarah Murray for a male puppy on 09/03/2010 and transferred the remaining contracted balance of $900 Western Union on 09/17/2010. After receiving the money, Sarah the owner of "Stellar Dogue De Bordeaux" called me and told me the puppy was sick and couldn't be shipped to PA. I called 3 times over the next 2 weeks and was told the puppy was still sick. After that these people refused to answer my calls, texts, or emails.

I began to suspect I was being scammed, and began to feel sick myself.

I called the police, and they looked for them at 3206 N. 110th Avenue (where I mailed the check), in Avindale AZ, and there was nobody home. I did an online search and it shows the owner of the home is Peggy Munoz. Who cashed my check? The bank can't help me now and I am out $1, 500!!!

I know now I should've seen through the scam once I saw there was no home address listed on Stellar Dogue's website. It makes sense because all the pictures appear to be very random (different houses, backyards, people).

I did a online public records check, and found out that the breeder is a convicted felon.

I've mostly given up on trying to get an answer on what happened to my puppy. I'm just left in the dark and I don't know if he died or he was sold to someone else. Did he even exist? My kids absolutely fell in love with the puppy they saw on the computer monitor. They had pictures printed out and even showed them to their friends at school. We bought a euro leather trim doggy bed and picked out toys too. I'm heartbroken for my boys. We'll find another dog soon, so the bed and toys won't go to waste, but I will NEVER buy a dog again without a face to face exchange.