starpoint resortsgeo holiday vacation club

We were approached by Starpoint Resorts about a sales presentation to purchase a time share 4/09.

Unfortunate we bought believing we received 4 free trips, with a $4.95 fee to pay. And then a $99.00 refundable fee to pay before booking, and then once you show up you receive this deposit. All they told us we pay is the taxes.

As of September of 09, we have yet to be able to use any of the gift certificates. They began with letterhead Geo Holiday club, then turned over to Starpoint Resorts, then Millenium Travel Promotions, etc. etc. None of the companies wants to take responsibility for this investment or any promises to be kept.

We have made more than a handful of e-mails, phone calls, e-mails again and phone calls again and again. On April 10th, the day after the presentation I called to cancel. The salesperson offered us another trip, that he said I won in a drawing. We have yet to receive this promised trip. So we have asked starpoint resorts for a free weekend(ROOM AND TAX ONLY) and have yet to receive this to.

All they tell us is it's our responsibility to follow all the rules and there is no way to opt out. We have been trying to opt out since last April. Do you have any suggestions?

jmy Oct 20, 2009

Sorry about your luck but We are in the same boat. Actually went and met with them again last night and they are still trying to sweetin the bad deal they gave us. None of the free stuff (which wasn't free ie: taxes fees and what not) ever materialized. After explaining our situation to the sixth person. We were told they (salepeople)should have never have promised us a free trip they could not produce so we were offered (2) more RCI weeks instead of our round trip airfare and 10 days in an Rci resort in Hawaii. Been fighting over this since 1/09. I finally got fed up in July and stopped payment to get their attention. I HAVE IT. But I am seriously thinking about small claims court to get my $2, 000 back with my contract. I think I have a case for Breach of Contract.

jmy Oct 27, 2009

Under Navada law in the real estate board of licensing. Code NRS119a.410 and NRS119a.475 you have one year to file a complaint. It may be the same for you in Utah. Timeshare companies have to follow a similiar set of rules as Real Estate Agents. File a complaint with your Board and they will do an investigation. We are doing this now. I will let you know how it turns out. Let me know if this helps you. Jim.

lante03 Dec 08, 2009

I am almost in the same situation as you. the Starpoiint resort group is a totally fraud company, we tried hunderds of times to contact, but the phone is always a voicemail. they are hiding. we found it's a fraud after we purchased it 15 days later. I called them to cancel the contract, they said we should cancel it within 5 days. Geez they never mentioned about it. we are so regreted, and feel helpless. the bills are coming everymonth. My wife and I don't to what to do. we don't want to pay the money. but they sent the signed contract to the credit card company. we cannot dispute. do you have some solutions, share with us please. Jim, could you share the complaint progress and results with us. it maybe a good experience for us. help us please. I also check the business status at the Las Vegas official website. the Starpoint is out of business where you can see the link http://www3.lasvegasnevada.gov/Bus-license/Search.asp

• Le
    leftside Feb 09, 2010

I made the same mistake as you all have and I cant understand how the sales people and this company sleep at night? I have gone through hell ever since I made this mistake, which I thought was a good choice.
    I think we should form a group and do what we can to get our money back. this company is 100% fraud. I have had the same exact problems and more.

• At
    ATO RICK Mar 06, 2010

I am currently in cancellation process. Go to " The Owners Advocate" online and contact them. They gauruntee cancelation.

• Je
    JenElPaso Mar 22, 2010

We purchased this 10 days ago and when I researched it and called them 4 days ago they told me I was ONE day too late! Before we purchased this they verbally told me I had 10 days to cancel! I do not remember PILOT (Las Vegas) ever going over the 5 day term! I am on edge with not knowing what to do. We went sent out the certified letter (just in case they decided to stick by their word) but I don't think they will accept it! Just like you LEFTSIDE I have want to run this company down and make them loose more money then they can imagine! I let Russel have it and Pilot is the next (even if it does not get me anywhere).

If anyone has any advice Please let me know!

• Th
    The Owners Advocate SCAM!! Apr 12, 2010

Dont get scammed again!!

Taking On Timeshare = The Owners Advocate

The company called Taking On Timeshare is the same as The Owners Advocate who filed bankruptcy and have an F at the BBB.

BEWARE..

This company closed doors and changed name because of the numerous complaints The Owners Advocate has. The people behind Taking On Timeshare (David Humphreys ) is the same as The Owners Advocate.

Visit this link:

• Ji
    jimy1968 Apr 12, 2010

If you have the means, I recommend picket signs in front of the place of purchase or where ever they sucked you in. It worked for me in about 10 minutes. Took them 2 months to refund all my money and clean my credit report but was well worth the embarrassment. Just check the laws on picketing where you are. Do not be confrontive or tresspass. You have every right to walk the sidewalk in front of the establishment. I did it at The Jockey Club in Vegas. The peddlers in front told me I had to have a permit but this is untrue. You have the right to voice your opinion. Just make sure what you say is true for your situation. JMY

lante03 Apr 13, 2010

Hi, jimy1968. How did you do this by picketting them. Could you please share us more information about that? I would like to picket them if it works. Is there anybody want to picket them as well? contact me at lante03 at hotmail please, let us go together. I live in Los Angeles.

jmy Apr 13, 2010

lanteo3, I tried your e-mail but it was rejected

lante03 Apr 13, 2010

Sorry, jim. It's lante zero three at hotmail.com. not o3. you can try it again. waiting for your email.

• Mh
    M.Hammer May 04, 2010

I found that if your really willing to go ball out and just dont pay them they will cave... tell them foreclose who cares... I did the math if you consider the cost to buy plus interest and the HOA plus the RCI subcription fee and the RCI trade free your looking at say 2000 bucks a week for your stay - figure you'll dump the whole thing in 7-10 years at most

if you put 200 a month into a vacation savings account you could go ANYWHERE ANYTIME and get a lot more value... overall I can't see timeshares working out, maybe if you need to drag the kids along but even then how asskicking of a place could you rent for 2400 a week... think about it...

BTW - the way geo works is they buy foreclosed timeshares for dirt and resell them, they actually own nothing

• Ss
    SSprott Dec 03, 2010

How are you people dealing with getting Your geoholiday membership canceled or sold. We were so scammed and am now in default on our loan...

Please help with any advice on what to do...,

• Gu
    GUADALUPE PADILLA Mar 20, 2011

I BOUGHT THIS IN JANUARY 2011 HUGE MISTAKE IF ANY ONE HAVE AN IDEA HOW WE CAN GET SUE THIS COMPANY I'M VERY INTEREST IT WHAT THEY DID HAS TO BE FRAUD NOTHING OF WHAT THEY SAID IS TRUE AND SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE.

• Be
    bevd May 12, 2011

You are all so correct. Unfortunately, we paid for our points in full...and none of the promises we received have been kept. We plan to file a lawsuit for breach of contract. I did receive an offer for them to pay a small part of that which they had promised, if I signed a letter agreeing not to pursue any action, keep the transaction confidential, and remain a member. I refused.

Anthony4sc May 17, 2011

We are in the same boat. We were under the impression that we could cancel during 45 day escrow. We signed up 30 days ago and now I want to cancel. A lot of promises were not kept by Starpoint. Now they are pressuring to collect maintenance fees. What a scam!

• Kr
    krissyanderson Sep 21, 2011

The same hing happened to my husband at Jockey
    Club in Las Vegas. They had him sign papers, telling him it was for one thing, but it turns out they added his credit card number to the form for continual payments, yet they also had him set up with a finnce deal.
    The points are worthless, you don't ever get to see what exactly your travel options are until it's too late. We sent a certified letter to rescind the offer, yet they say they didn't get it. When I say the travel point system is worthless, it's because what they TELL YOU it adds up to in travel time, is not true, plus availability is a problem and all the additional fees!?!? The funny thing, the more "free points" they give you, the more $$$ you have to pay to "register" those points, or "activate." LOL . MY husband is so mad he set up this website
    jockeyclubandstarpointscam dot com...any comments welcome

• Kr
    krissyanderson Sep 21, 2011

Oh, I made a mistake, the site is
    jockeyclubandstarpointscam AT vpweb. com

• Ab
    Abby t Sep 30, 2011

We need to get the word out !!! How can they be doing this to people. My husband and I went to Vegas on September 8th 2011 and we bought the time share. We weve never told about a cancellation period they said if you change your mind goes as a forclosure. We went to our bank to get a loan and no one respond to phone calls or e-mail. They wanted to verify payoff address. My bank went online to get another person to contact and found all these complaints. Does this really go on your credit as a forclosure ?

ameherndz May 31, 2012

We were promised alot as well and then charged for maintenece after only two months when we were told no charges for two years. Is anyone starting a suit because I would like to join

• Ad
    Adeana Jun 02, 2012

status update we have been working with a lawyer since we got home he has
    phoned several times and only got someone once . The guy told him that
    we signed all paper were and we're recorded . We stated that if that then they would hear them telling us about the tax write off and free trips and much more
    now he can't get a hold of anyone . We are so fustrated we have got the run around and I will be writing to credit places and the board. these crooks need to go down if there is enough of is that complain maybe we can get a civil suite against them

ameherndz Jun 04, 2012

Please let me know if you get something started I will be glad to join in. Both Geo holidays and starpoint are rip-offs and need to be stopped

ameherndz Jun 04, 2012

Let me know if you get something started i will be glad to join both places are rip-offs and need to be stopped. I am so sorry i got taken in by their promises

• Da
    D & G Warner Jun 11, 2012

Unfortunetly my husband and I where scammed as well in Jan. 2010 at the Jockey Club in Vegas. Only after the fact later when we thought to use the timeshare did we find out (then it was too late to cancel) that the contract had a lot of "Specific" wording that says you read the contract and nothing the sales rep told you was promised in the agreement. Which was 90% false, we where told we could sell it and it was guaranteed to sell within a year...that is false. That our points would roll over if not used so instead of 20, 000 for a biannual year if we didn't use them it would be 40, 000...false as well. If anyone actually finds something that can make GeoHoliday Starpoint responsible we would totally join in. As it is we are trying to use the limit acess that we have so we didn't waste all that money (a lot for two young people with small children at home).
    Really a big dissapointment

ameherndz Jun 12, 2012

I was told that if you sell it even for a $1.00 they can't hold you so that is what we are thinking of doing

• Ha
    hallreal Nov 18, 2012

These guys are con artists. We were in Vegas and they tried to sell us expensive timeshares. They said it would take 90 minutes but it took well over 3 hours. They saying it's a great deal you gotta sign and wouldn't let us leave. Finally, I said f***ing enough and proceeded to walk out. All the waste of sperm heads jumped up and then said there's someone that I work with you. We were then brought into a room where another sales or non commissioned sales guy gave us a better deal - $3950 for 1 Week of Time - to book anywhere in the world with yearly roll overs. They were willing to give us free vacations - a trip to Hawaii, a stay in Las Vegas, a Cruise, a pair of tickets to Vegas shows, and a discount food card. I told the fool - why the f*** were you trying to sell me $40K in timeshares and when I asked if there was a lower/cheaper plan your sales ### said there weren't none.
    We stood up and the mother f***er sales manager blocked the door. He said wait, I can give you a better offer...I told him throw in your mom, your first born, and your soul - then I'll think about it but in the meantime get your sorry ### out of my face. He and his cheap suit moved outta our way.

This place is a total waste of your LIFE. No worries - these ###s working for the Jockey Club don't know that they will be sleeping in card board boxes very soon and would need to stand in line for food stamps. The company is running out of money and is scheduled to fold in the near future much like Tiki Village a few years back. A rule of thumb - NEVER sign anything without reading and if it is too good to be true it is...

• Th
    thatnameisalreadytaken Nov 30, 2012

Hallreal, have you been reading Mickey Spillane novels, again?

• De
    Deflynn Feb 28, 2013

Like most of you, I am in the same boat. This guys at the jockey club are scam artists. We got caught into it 6 months ago and I am really stressed and want to get out. Has anyone succeeded? Please help...

• Fa
    farocop Apr 10, 2013

We signed up with Geo Group in Toronto Feb/05 for $15, 000. Although I would like to say they defrauded us, I cant really find anything illegal in our dealings with them, but I can say their services were poor and their employees were belligerent if confronted, especially the owner Betty. We went on a free trip to Puerto Plata for signing up and it wasnt a very good place. A 2 star claiming to be a 4 star. After making monthly payments for 2 years we discovered most of our money went to interest and very little paid to the principle. We paid off the balance by transferring it to a line of credit with a much better interest. We chose not to go on vacations through this company because of the bad experiences with them, and we signed up with a really good Mexican time share company who were going to buy our Geo Group time share as part of the deal. This sounded like a great answer to getting rid of Geo Group but didnt count on Geo refusing to agree to the deal. I became a pain in their collective ### and in August/12 they surprised me with a buyout option of $2000 to cancel the contract. Betty told me this was a new thing started recently, although I've never seen any promotional blurbs about this. We agreed and paid just to get away from them. I suppose they considered us unnecessary as we had paid out our account and weren't going to give them positive reviews. May not be the best option but at least there is an option.

mahirap Sep 06, 2013

Totally agree with all this people i didn't even know that it was a bad deal until a neighbour told me to google the company & check BBB & there they are all the complains and just google it everything pops up all the misrepresentation, gimmicks, tricks and machination of fraudulent business. I have disputed the transaction with Visa and still waiting for their response. The fraudulent way of doing business by this company should stop. I tried to start a petition in the Whitehouse "WE The People'" but it's too invading knowing that they can hacked everything from cellphone to email they even want to know the password of the email that the person is signing up from just to vote and sign my petition. The only thing about Timeshare is that it helps U.S economy in 93 Billion US dollars hence it seems no one cares if they flourish and progress in their big time fraudulent activity. I feel hopeless and stupid I got to sign on this "BIG SCAM TIMESHARE" Starpoint Resort aka Geoholiday you will be judged someday. I will never stop until they stop their fraudulent ways.