Starlane HomesStarlane -Worst Builder of the Year

I have purcahed new from Starlane Homes in Aurora Ontario
During the first year of accupancy I had a ton many problem resulted from very cheap material and very poor workmanship not withstanding poor customer service in rectifying my issue.
The home was not insulated properly, bath room leak, unleveled flooring tile and so on. Every time I contacted the builder, they send a handy man for repair which didnot last long.The home owners in this area struglled to get beck their $600 deposit which builder kept it for over 4 years .
Think twice if you want to buy home from this builder. It has may unhappy customers.

• Ro
    ronald murai Apr 08, 2008

I DIDN'T ORDER THIS SERVICE SO CANCEL IT.

• Do
    donnie lewis Apr 14, 2008

I did a one time phone look-up service and they keep drafting from my checking

• Ra
    Rajiv Narang Apr 17, 2008

Landline is dead .

• Me
    melissa mezquite Apr 19, 2008

you took money out of my account that was my rent money

• Vi
    vinod May 01, 2008

messages being sent on chat automatically

• Ne
    nesrine baturay May 05, 2008

IDID NOT BUY NOR DID I RENEW, CANCEL NOW AND REFUND NOW

• Ba
    Barbara Hammond Jun 05, 2008

They keep taking 1.00 out of my account each month. Who are they and how can I stop them

• Pa
    PAUL S. BUCKWALTER Sr. Aug 29, 2008

I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SERVICE INTENTIONALLY>PLEASE REMOVE MY NAME AND REFUND ANY MONEY>

• Ss
    sssharma Sep 21, 2008

i have not seeing the uses of broad band although i have enter correct portal id and password

• Qu
    quedron johnson Sep 29, 2008

refund request 2846912

• Da
    darlene tate Oct 10, 2008

i do not wont this nor did i order this do not try to take money off my card again

J A Lalouette Dec 01, 2008

on 12 nov 2008 my Visa Card was billed for Rs 1207.77 by ASKNET-SHOPS.COM; I have no idea why?

JoAnna Dec 02, 2008

I have tried several times to download 360 share and it won't download.

• Br
    brian Dec 03, 2008

was charged money for something i never even heard of and i want it back now

• Ab
    abhishek Dec 04, 2008

dear sir i have a speed plan of 256kbps even then the downloadin speed is so poor so plz help me...

• Su
    sunsu Jun 15, 2009

We bought a home in Brampton with this builder in 2006 - we are still waiting for our security deposit of $1000. This builder is the only one i know that require this.

Angry with Starlane Jul 22, 2009

I agree completely with this. I am currently trying to deal with a Starlane "customer care" the attempts to defect my concerns with meaningless banter. The fact is our roof leaked in a 3 month old home!!! Starlane should replace all damages due to faulty craftsmanship. There reps need training in customer service because it is brutal.

• Ve
    vetrivel Aug 18, 2009

for account checking, the user id given by u is displayed as invalid in ur website...

• Bi
    bignorm Mar 18, 2010

this company has taken money from my account without my permission. how can I get my money back?

• Pl
    P.Lakshmipathi raju Sep 25, 2010

I request you to close membership and to stop collec tion bills from my credit card immediately.

marilyn meador Nov 10, 2010

i want to cancel renewal. invoice number is [protected] for 29.00.

• Ka
    kaleeljk Jan 11, 2011

i am from adyar chennai .airtel net does not work to my home.so please contact me [protected]

• St
    starlane owner Apr 05, 2011

I'm begining to see that Starlane is completely deluded. They believe that they are a fine builder. Unfortunately, all I have seen so far is complaint after complaint. No one has anything good to say. Looks like years of complaining hasn't phased this builder one bit. Sorry, but you are far from a good builder. Right from the start of the project to apparently the absolute end of it. DON'T BUY FROM THIS BUILDER!!!

• Pa
    Paulette johnson May 29, 2011

Idi.d not autrorze for anyone to take any money off my debit card.please refund and cancel account.

• Hi
    hina4037 Jun 05, 2011

[protected]@yahoo.com

this is my account which has been hacked.

• Fa
    fazail Dec 02, 2011

many varis attack but avg not delete it i heart avg

mbelperio Feb 19, 2012

I live at Hwy 50 and Cottrelle in Brampton. We moved int our STARLANE doghouse in 2003. I have still not received my $600.00 depost. It is alsmost 10 years now. Further more the curb was repaired and my interlocking bricks were not replaced. The tiles cracke in my kitchen and they could not maetch them. Rather than replace the floor the tried to take tiles out of my bathroom. This did not work. all in all they tore up my kitchen 3 times trying to avoid re-doing the whole thing. The result was substandard and they spent more time and money than if they just did it right.
    After they finished my bathroom door doesen't close properly because the door frame was not properly reset.
    |I have been told that I am not allowed to install intrerlock bricks yet as the subdivision has not been assumed by Brampton.

Starlane is great at satisfying their own needs but theyn totally SUCK [protected]@# at customerr satisfaction.
    I rate them at 75% out of 100. Don't forget if a bridge is only 75% correct it WILL FALL.

mbelperio Feb 19, 2012

y Starline home bathtub had a chip in the tub that was repaired bacly and I thought it was just dirt untill I treid to cleasn it. Then I realized that it was cheap paint. I am very disappointed to find this in a new house.

mbelperio Feb 19, 2012

My front door of ny new home looks lkike it was run over by a truck before it was installed.
    Starline quality control is non-existend. Their policy is pretend we didn't see it and hope the customer doesn't notice it.
    When they do notice it just put up a wall of reed tape so that the customer may lose their will to puysh forward.
    What a bunch of lice theyn are.

mattietinnel48 May 02, 2012

cancel the accounts on this card

mattietinnel48 May 02, 2012

it make me mad

sandra thomson Nov 05, 2012

tagged wont let me upload comments graphics onto my proflie could you please fix asp

• Li
    LiyaP Apr 22, 2013

Very BAD builder...Not worth to go with them. Use all cheap stuff. Nothing has a finish look. My resale home was better than this brand new home we purchased fro Starlane.

martin Mcdonald Jul 12, 2013

Like a number of people I too have purchased new from Star lane Homes in Aurora Ontario Again the first year of occupancy we had a many problem resulted from very cheap material and very poor workmanship not withstanding poor customer service in rectifying my issue. The home was not insulated properly, Kitchen leak, unleveled wood floors and so on. Now we are at the 7 years in the home, and the roof is leaking inside the garage? The problem is the placement of the down spout on the house; the water hits the same spot on the roof over and over again. I am sure; I am not the only one with this problem. If you have the same modal of home as me, check your roof cc picture

SalmanK Oct 01, 2013

Milton, Ontarion. it's been over 5 1/2 years still waiting for my Security deposit from Starlane, left numerous voice message but no call return. Whole neighbor is calling & screaming but starlane not returning call.

Jaime Y Mar 08, 2014

Totally agree with everyone on this forum. I own a starlane home and I will never again buy from them. I am not new in buying new house from builder, my last house was by Matt Amy and they are way better in comparison. Here is my story, so buyer be aware:
    During the building process:
    - no frame walk (luckily I was still able to sneak in and check out the piping and wire laid out)
    - design Centre = con central. Basic = no options and disgusting colour. Anything decent = $$. Also they charge on EVERYTHING. For light fixture, they still use those 80's glass plate. Honestly who still uses them anyways? Again they nickel and dime everything.
    Predelivery: ridiculous
    - kitchen has no cabinet doors, back splash still missing.
    - word of advise, Mark down everything and make sure you can read the guys writing because if you think all those will be done before moving in, dream on
    After delivery:
    - I don't know if it was because they didn't pay their contractors well, all the workmanship are so crappy.
    - all silicone around the bathroom sink, bathtubs, shower stall, are either missing or super thin and cracked
    - all wood finish are super rough, never been sanded and very thin layer of finish
    - paint?? What paint. Thin one coat layer may be. I never had used so much paint before this house myself. Trims are not painted well, again very thin layer.
    - they are even cheap to a point that only give you one light bulb in a dual light fixture. Really?? Come on!!
    - make sure do thermal imaging around the house because you will find a lot of cold spot in the basement. I have already gone through five cans of spray foam to fill the gaps
    - stair handles are cracked, with the cracked silicon, signs of my house expose to the cold temp.
    - already had a sewage back up. Due to the fact that they did not removed the protector plug at the main sewer correctly. I had to pull pieces of plastic out to clear the back up. Not at all pleasant experience.
    - if you want to install garage opener, think again. I just have my garage door to check with another contractor, my own, he just informed me that spring was under size for my garage door, hence it was so darn heavy when open and close.
    - with all the things wrong around the house, you think they will treat you nicely? Think again. They treat you like you don't know anything and will treat you like an idiot. So make sure you straight up and stick up for yourself because they will take advantage of you

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices