StarHub — unexpected terrible service
I was charged more than SGD200 for data roaming which I never used and my phone has "Data Roaming" turned off. So here are the steps/actions I took:
1. I called in to billing on a Sat morning. Pressed the correct numbers and I ended up with billing dept for cable TV. Now that was weird. Anyhow I asked to be transferred to mobile dept, I was told it was not possible. And he'd have mobile dept call me back. Obviously noone did. So I called again and this time I got the correct billing dept but I wasn't pleased with the resolution he gave. Practically he said, someone would call me back.
2. So I went into Starhub service center. Superbly bad service. Again it was unsatisfactory. Bad manners and giving me excuses for everything. He was saying turning on wifi would trigger 3G as well. If 3G disable how to access data, he said. So I took the phone and turned off 3G and I tried wifi. He was dumbfounded.
3. So I was waiting for reply over the next few days. I called in again to billing. On and off for 1.5 hours, noone could pick up the call; too busy.
4. Thus I was left with no choice but to write in thru feedback form. After a week I was told to go into service center to see the logs of the data roaming. So I went in.
5. Meeting the person at the counter was beyond expectation. Well the moment he realized my issue, he was practically ignoring me. I was talking and he was looking everywhere else. Very bad manners. Amazing. He kept saying facebook usage as the logs did show some facebook logging. So here was I trying to explain that "Data Roaming" was off all the time. Practically somehow in the bus ride back from Malaysia to Singapore, the changing of service providers triggered the data roaming. Obviously he wasn't listening. He kept saying "facebook". So I pointed to him some are background data running as well like forex exchange. He said "that and facebook". He kept pushing the point that I was facebooking while in the bus back to Singapore. As if I don't know data roaming is expensive. He was never in the mindset of helping customers. He was trying to dish me away.
So everyone said Starhub is a no no and has a reputation of bad service. Now I believe completely. And really unexpected at my end. I subscribed to M1 as well on mobile service and so far so good. After the 2-year contract with Starhub, that would be it. I will never bother ever thinking of subscribing anything on Starhub. I could blame Android, I could blame LG Optimus 2X for the charges but the way Starhub handled it so badly again and again (each time practically) really is unexpected.
More StarHub Complaints & Reviews
- StarHub - extremely poor & bad services! 
- Starhub Maxonline - deception / poor service 
- StarHub - recontract 
- StarHub - terrible service 
- StarHub - failure to rectify activation of sim card 
- StarHub - cable tv
- StarHub - roaming fee 
- StarHub - mobile line.
- StarHub - worst service from starhub hotline 
- Starhub Mobile Services - poor services