Starbucks / wrong product, wrong price

Carretera Juan Bravo,16, 28006 Madrid, Spain Review updated:

My wife and I are stopped for coffee at 09:50 this morning, 16th March 2019. I simply requested 2 espresso coffees. When I went to the serving point the barista had mysteriously disappeared, but he later returned and was told by the cashier to prepare our coffee. It wasn't until I was sat drinking my coffee that I was looking through my receipts to total up what I'd spent. It was then I realised I'd been charged for two double espresso machiatto's. In my mind I'd ordered 2 single espresso's at 1.60 euro's each. I'd been charged 1.90 each. I went back to the cashier who readily admitted it was her mistake to which she refunded me 20 cents! I queried this because she was still charging me for two double espresso's. She then called the barrista again, who'd dissappeared again. He came back and following further disputing and him complaining that I'd already drunk my drink, he reluctantly handed me another 20 cents and grumbled, 'this is coming out of my money!' I was however still 20 cents short. Its not the money I'm complaining about, it's the fact that I'm having to argue in my broken spanish in front of an accumulating queue of customers over the fact that the cashier hadn't listened to my order and I'm now in a ridiculous dispute over 60 cents! The cashier (Rebeca Irene) took the opportunity to ridicule me in front of another customer, which I didnt appreciate.
Further to this, during the whole debacle, a robbery occured in the entrance to the store, which I can only say was orchestrated with maximum precision. It seemed as if at least one person in the cafe ( a customer) was involved in the setup of this operation, and the strange behaiviour of the cashier and the mysterious dissappearance of the barrista make me wonder if they weren't in on the act as well. The customer had been in the cafe for quite some time, had engaged in considerable dialogue with the cashier, and seemed to be hovering by the window on her phone until a car arrived, the bag snatch took place, and she and the perpetrator ( who had also been lurking in the café) sped off with the poor victim trying to chase after them, after which she fell to the ground. The staff did nothing to assist. All very strange. I don't know if this was all a big coincidence, or if there is some kind of scam or scams being run from your café, just thought you needed to be informed.

Ge
Mar 16, 2019

Comments

• Um
      16th of Mar, 2019

You all have GOT to put your unlimited data plan phones DOWN when you pay for your whatever. This is your fault for not paying attention, simple as that.

16th of Mar, 2019

@First Born Triplet Sure, but this was in Spain. So who knows what language they ordered in or what the barista thought he/she heard. They still paid for the wrong size of the wrong drinks, thus saying 'its ok'.

IDK about in Spain but now in NY some of the Starbucks make a label to put in your cup so the barista making it knows how many shots of caramel to put in. Labels are good.

• Pe
      16th of Mar, 2019

@First Born Triplet Instead of snatching a purse with $20 or less you should have knocked off a liquor store. They are open to 2 am.

@PeterPP ¿En Espana?

• Fi
      17th of Mar, 2019

@PeterPP Even in Spain they are open till 2am. He is better off knocking off a bank.

16th of Mar, 2019

And the bag snatching... Need I say more???

Put down ya phones!

Llamaste la policia???

• Th
      16th of Mar, 2019

So you’re accusing people of an insider robbery? Shame on you.

• Su
      16th of Mar, 2019

Wow. You played mister policeman and determined who set up the robbery.

When you paid $3.80 for coffees rather than $3.20, you didn’t ask why? The coffee looked and tasted the same as expresso? The language barrier may have been the issue but the taste had to be different.

It’s sixty cents. Then just twenty cents. You spend thousands to travel but complain over twenty cents. And you got better coffee unexpectedly. I’m surprised you didn’t want a refund and free breakfast, too