Starbucks / abuse to tempe az police officers

United States Review updated:

I am so distressed over the treatment of the six police officers on our July 4, 2019 Independence Day! How can a barista be so rude and kick these six protectors of citizens out of the store at the request of one customer even under the supervision of the manager? I wonder if possibly that one customer felt threatened because that person maybe had a warrant for armed robbery or some other crime? That could surely cause one uncomfortable distress!
I myself would feel safe with law enforcement near as would many others who have no reason to be uncomfortable around those working for our protection. Some of these officers are veterans of our military who have fought for our constitutional freedom which our country enjoys even though Starbucks likes to damper some of those rights even for private citizens.
Yes Starbucks apologizes to the Tempe Police Department but will Starbucks go to the extreme to close stores to retrain the employees as it did a couple years ago for three young men asked to leave a store? My guess is it will not though it certainly should to teach some respect for those called upon when they have situations they want/need protection. I have had my gold card for several years but I'm strongly considering surrendering it as there is more and more disturbing actions within the Starbucks Corporation.
Respect and #backtheblue and lose the disrespectful persons behind that counter
Cindy Spiva

Ci
Jul 07, 2019

Comments

• Pr
      Jul 07, 2019

Starbucks, πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽThe behavior displayed by the employee who asked officers to leave is totally unacceptable!! Others in the store felt “uncomfortable”? Seems to me this is more discrimination than discomfort. Should a robbery occur I suggest these “uncomfortable customers” be called rather than the police. I was a regular visitor to Starbucks and purchaser of cold brew in supermarket. No more. Dunkin’ here I come! Dunkin’ app is downloading as I write this..
    PShoemaker, upstate NY

• Ba
      Jul 08, 2019

I too find this terribly upsetting. Our police are not the enemy! Is the next person they ask to leave the store someone who is displaying wearing a cross because it "offends" someone? I am offended by a lot of tattoos but believe in freedom of expression. I cannot in good conscience continue to purchase at Starbucks. Sad.

Bakersfield Christian

• Ro
      Jul 11, 2019

I find this behavior from Starbucks outrageous!!! I have been a fan and patron of Starbucks since 1991, I will NO LONGER be a patron!! Police are NOT THE enemy!! I'll guarantee if this person is ever in need of a police office they sure won't feel "uncomfortable" about calling them or asking for help. This is completely unacceptable, you really have to question the employee as well for even going along with this request. The person or persons that were "uncomfortable" should have been told to leave or deal with it! Come on people...get serious!