StaberNIghtmare

I researched the Staber washing machines. They claimed high energy efficiency and easy to work on. The FIRST machine arrived with freight damage. It was a hassle to get the claim resolved and to get the company to pay for the damages. After months of use we noticed that it was shreding some of our good clothes. The factory did not believe us. After much complaining and alot of expensive blankets and blouses being torn up they suggested we lightly sand the inner tub. It did not help. The washer ruined more clothes than the energy it saved. They finaly send us a new machine. It had worse problems. The unit would not spin out. To finish the load every so often you had to disconnect the pump hose draining water all over the floor. Hook it back up and it would spin out. Oh mop all the water up too. From owning this Staber we have spent more time at laundry mats and working on this poor designed machine than all of our washing machines COMBINED. The factory said it must be a loose wire. NOBODY in the area will work on this thing. They have never seen one before. The factory would not send me a new pump to see if that was the problem. The machine is now collecting dust in the shop. A 1500 mistake. I bought a FISKER PAYKEL. Flawless operation. My wife took me back. No more laundry mats. If you like to work on washers I have a cheap Staber for sale.Want more advice on the staber.