SPYWARE REMOVER/ SPYBOTCAN ONLY GET AUTOMATED RESPONSES TO E-MAIL REQUEST FOR REFUND

I bought a 3 year membership to a Spyware program for £33.86 & a similar 3 year membership to an Antivirus
program, for my Laptop. The Antivirus was bought online on 12th July 2009 & the Spyware remover on 23rd
July 2009.
The billing showed a charge by MBDETAILS.COM & the Merchant System Order number is; [protected] for the
Antivirus, & [protected] for the Spyware Remover (Spybot) (£25.86).
I have not been able to get a phone no. or an address to contact them and the only e-mail address I have just prompts an automated reply & gets me nowhere! I am getting frustrated! Can you help?

Many thanks, Brent Buskell

• JGraceyStinson Sep 04, 2009

What is the names of the two programs you bought?

Your title says "spybot", but Spybot Search & Destroy is a free program, so it couldn't have been that one.

It looks like MBDetails is a company that does the billing for a lot of different internet sales, so unless you have the names of the products or the websites you purchased them from, you won't have a lot of luck.

• JGraceyStinson Sep 04, 2009

I found a little more about them that might be helpful to you in getting the charged removed.

The website HP Hosts (lists harmful sites) has MBDetails listed as an "FSA" category. According to them: FSA - sites engaged in the selling or distribution of bogus or fraudulent applications

The record for that is here: http://www.hosts-file.net/?s=mbdetails.com

• Ej
    ejbee Aug 19, 2017

I have SpyBot What they call Home Version with antivirus. I have Windows 10 Pro X64 on a Dell 3650 i5 This version of SpyBot is a nightmare and doesn't seem to have the same configuration with each reboot. It also will not let my ExpressVPN start at all, no matter what I try in the settings. I only paid $16.00 for it so I won't go broke, but I have yet found anywhere that I can complain to or request a refund. Would be interested in finding a lot more people that this has happened to and filing for a class action out of general principle.