Sprintrebates.comRebate scam - endless runaround and hurdles

I want to make everyone aware that Sprint PCS (sprintrebates.com) may not pay you the mail-in rebate that you are expecting. Let me explain...

Back on 8/1/09, I purchased a Samsung Exclaim phone with a $50.00 mail-in rebate from Sprint. I followed their guidelines to the letter - fully and accurately completed their mail-in certificate, attached a copy of my original receipt, and mailed it to the address indicated on the form.

Fast forward 2 weeks, and sprintrebates.com REJECTS my rebate, saying the original receipt was not included. It was either a mistake or flat out lie on their part, because I am looking right at all of the photocopies of what I mailed to them and the receipt is in plain view.

So I accept that maybe this was an honest mistake on their part, I contact them, and they re-process the rebate request. I 'think' everything is back on track...

Fast forward to 8/31/09- I happen to check the online rebate status (just to make sure everything was still on track) and was SHOCKED to see that AGAIN sprintrebates.com has rejected my rebate. This time, they tell me that my cell phone number was invalid. Again, they are flat out wrong.

Since they conveniently cannot find my Sprint cell # in their system, does that also mean I don't have to pay my $223.00 bill this month and I am no longer under contract with them so I can take my business elsewhere?

At this point, I feel like it is complete and utter incompetence at Sprint, or, they are knowing and willingly creating roadblocks and hurdles for their customers so that they do not have to pay as many rebates out. Most people would get frustrated with having to fight with Sprint over and over again for a small $50.00 and Sprint is betting that people will 'give up' and not pursue the rebate.

Although $50.00 is not alot of money to me, the mere principle of the matter compels me to share my story with others. If you send it a rebate through sprintrebates.com, be sure to check the status weekly and continue to dispute each time they reject it until they compensate you back for your purchase.

When my phone contract is up, I will be taking my business elsewhere...

• Vi
    viorel Nov 16, 2011

My name is Viorel Codreanu,
    I purchased an LG (Sprint) cell phone in last decade of August 2011. The sale representative of a Sprint shop from Troy, MI, promised me that after 5 weeks I'll receive my $ 50 rebate.
    In the meantime I visited many times this Sprin shop asking about their promise. Always they delayed me with pseudo-arguments. I'm very disapponted!
    Please send my $ 50 rebate urgently!
    Yhank you,
    Viorel Codreanu
    1406 Harding Ave
    Lake Orion, MI, 48362

Nonaej Jun 23, 2014

There is always an excuse or something not sent by the Sprint customer. So the Sprint company does not have to pay and the customer is screwed! Sprint does not stand behind its promotions or the paying through the nose customer.