Having problems with SpeedDate?

SpeedDate reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 13, 2009. The latest review Worst experience I've ever had!! was posted on May 12, 2016. The latest complaint Unauthorized charges was resolved on Jan 06, 2014. SpeedDate has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 31 reviews. SpeedDate has resolved 11 complaints.

SpeedDate Customer Service Contacts

San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SpeedDate Customer Service. Initial SpeedDate complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for SpeedDate above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about SpeedDate. Discuss the issues you have had with SpeedDate and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

SpeedDate Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Speeddate.comFake friend requests and spam emails

This was the a terrible experience. A $10 trial ended up costing us $90. Customer services representatives was rude, nasty. Fake friend requests and spam emails. Received $190.00 charge out of nowhere!

• Ju
      justanotherguyy Apr 14, 2013

This website is ###. To message ANYONE you need to spend $1.
      Then for them to view your message they have to pay a minimum of 30€ a month..
      For you to be able to message them again YOU have to pay the minimum of 30€ a month.

You can't even blood view people who've viewed you without paying 30€ a month.

The friend requests and such feel completely fake, and the matches they make are fake.

If someone messages you, you can't click on their name or anything else without being asked to pay.
      If you click on the link that goes exactly to their profile it ends up just redirecting you to the homepage (because they block you from being able to message the same person twice without paying)

I've never found a worse dating site ever. Even adultfriendfinder is better than this.
      Utterly horrible, looks like it was made in MSpaint.

The only GOOD thing is that they allow you to put contact info, like email and skype etc. in your 'about me' so if someone is REALLY interested with you, and you don't want to pay they can email you or add you to skype and bypass all the bs.

• Da
      David94Mustang May 02, 2012

I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.BBB.org

• Da
      David94Mustang May 02, 2012

He is completely correct on this I wish I would have read the reviews first. This site is a huge scam. They have hot girls say they want to speed date with you, But wait as a new member you get this one free. but they girls never talk or even say hi. Even when you sign up same thing. Also the website crashes on me where it stops loading. At least ill have the last laugh. I used a credit card that has no funds on it and never will because its my flex health spending account from my last job. So I don't work there anymore. Its been at least 2 months not having the insurance and having the job. But this site sent me I copied and pasted.

Subscription Confirmation
      Thank you for purchasing a subscription to SpeedDate.com on 05/03/2012.Your payment has been processed 191.40 for your new 12 Month membership. Unless you cancel before the end of the term by calling [protected] Monday through Friday, 7AM until 5PM Pacific Time Zone (GMT-8) (excepting major U.S. holidays) or by logging into your Premium Account and modifying the Account Status within Your Profile's Account Settings, your card will be automatically charged on a recurring basis based on the term you agreed to and at the rate then in effect. Payments for unused portions of a subscription will not be refunded.

Now I went to my account settings and I cant make a change to cancel my membership. whats really messed up is before I entered the credit card info I could make changes to my account and even cancel my membership. Because I was offered a complimentary month, HAHAH which doesn't work anyway. If it did you would only speak with Bots/Fake users anyway. So Please stay away from the site even the .99 cents to get you verified does nothing for you.

Speeddate.comPlease, just stay far away from them

Speed date kept sending sdeedates with men to email i went to sit to stop mails iam recently seperated i thought i would check it out ipurchased what said was a1 month subsription 29 or 39.00 which was ok i went on the site 3or4 times for a total of about an hour make long story short i i didn't like the site it was cattle being auctioned i found out something was when card was not accepted at atore so i checked my account and speed date had with drawn for a at premuim account they where done i had empty bankaccont at the 1st of the month iam disabled no money for bills food medicine cig they stole 250.00 for 1hr on their site that not couting allthe overdraft charges now they they wont evan let me in to complain i can't get threww buy phone? people jusy stay away.

• Ar
        Art76 Apr 16, 2011

THEY DID THE SAME ### TO ME!!! One of the options to get a paid subscription to their site after I joined was a subscription for $15.95. Well when I chose that option, it turned out that they charged me $15.95 TIMES 12!!! Needless to say after I saw that over $191.00 was drafted from my account, I was PISSED! Yeah, I called up their customer service and they told me it was in the fine print and they do not give refunds for first time subscriptions. Needless to say, I got sscammed BIG time! I wouldn't recommend this site to my worst enemy. Stay away from them! It's a scam!

roy cunningham Apr 14, 2011

I do not want this service please stop any and all payments and cancel any subscriptions i may have made . please do this immediately you may conact me at [email protected]

Speed Dateunauthorized bankcharges

On the 21st, of Feburary 2011, I went on the speeddate site to cancel my subscription. I then find that on 03-01-2011, I find that I had been charged for another month of service to my bank account. I then call the toll free number to find out why I was still charged for the subscription, and was told that there was no contact made in cancelling my subscription. However the billing representative could see that I had explained to her that I had been on the site the day of the 21st of Feb. to cancelling, but accidentally turning off the incoming e-mail's. I again attempted to explain that this situation was truly a mistake, and that if she could plainly see that I had quoted when I first called " that I had tried to cancell my subscription on that day in question ". Nevertheless I am told that the charges are non-refundable. I requested to speak with a supervisor, and was told that " I could not ", but I could "WRITE" my concerns to a supervisor.
      At this point I asked the necessary question's to do just that, from a woman named, Darnell employee #141654, and proceeded to file this complaint to the site, but no avail there was no where to that. So here is my complaint.
      I would like to know how the company knowing that you've attempted to cancel appropriately can still keep your money, without good justification, when the charge in question is being questioned on the same morning the funds where taken out ( 05:- - ) and I had to wait for there offices to open, to call approximately about ( 1:45pm )
      after taking care of other bills.
      I am a disbaled veteran, on a limited income so I try to keep a very close watch on my funds, and my spending, so when I see that I am still being charged for a service that I no longer wanted, of course I am going to do what I can to account for every fee.

[protected]@yahoo.com
      P.S. If you have found a solution for this company's wrong-doing's, please if you will enlighten me to it please.

• Ez
          ezmcgill Dec 15, 2013

went on this site they charged me twice one time I paid for 29.95 then without my permission charged me 155.00 that I didn't want

• Am
          amclarke Jul 29, 2013

my fiancee and i got misunderstanding becuase of this stupid website was auto charged his card..too bad...

• De
          Debbie 53 Johnstown New York Jun 11, 2013

I had met John 54 Bronx New York on your site. We spoke on Yahoo.com His name on that site is [email protected] He sounded so perfect & I wanted it to be real. But all he kept asking for was an ITUNE card so he can talk to me on the phone. I spent $100 in total then he asked me to sent him money to PA for his daughter. $500.00 I said I would ask my brother for the money. He got angry and said I had it in the bank why don't I just get it out and send it. He's called me from 3 different numbers...[protected], [protected], [protected], all in different parts of New York I found out. He has my address my home phone, my cell phone numbers. I am disabled and very scared now. What do I do now to protect myself from what else he is capable of doing to me or finding more out about me ? He sent me flowers... The card says its from myfloralplace.com Please help me I'm scared. And now I don't want to go on your site because he may come on as another person. Another man did the same almost to me but I blocked him. My home phone number is [protected] call me ASAP please. Thank you, Debbie

• Co
          colin hill Apr 18, 2013

wish to close accont no longer use

• Cr
          Craig Hollenbeck Feb 04, 2013

Bad deal, bad company. Same experience with unauthorized charges. No response from the company. Contact the attourney general and your inet company.

• Ke
          Ken H. Dec 23, 2012

I never agreed to an auto charge. It was to be a one month one time deal. I DO NOT DO auto charges or auto renew. This is why I prefer paypal. I am able to catch crap like his.
          So I cancelled the debit card and am refuting the charge from this questionable company. Little side note. Suddenly three charges show up in Quatar, yes you read riight Quater the Middle Eatern Country. Someone used my Debit Card info to purchase three Voda phone somethings for 141.36 bucks each. I would guess it had to do with somone who works at Speeddate my best guess as I rarely use this card.

• Hu
          hugh jazz Nov 26, 2012

I have never been to their website, yet got billed 2 seperate times on 11/26/2012 for $ 29.95 for a total of $59.90.
          my bank gave me speeddates phone number [protected], when I called the number they said they were having technical difficulties that i should contact them by email [email protected] response so far ...
          Its a shame so close to christmas and a thief takes 60 dollars from me and my family...the bank cancelled the account and is sending me a new card, untill than everything is frozen, I cant touch my money and have to wait 5 - 10 days untill my card comes...thanks (###) oddley the same thing happened today from match .com my bank gave me their number and they said they would refund...and i never visited their site either but at least match.com had people to talk to...thieves

• Va
          va_girl Mar 01, 2011

You filed a complaint today at 1:45pm "to no avail"...give them a chance to read your email...
          P.S.- How does a "disbaled veteran, on a limited income" plan on paying for a date.

Speeddate.comIf you like any control over your dating experience, including when to start it, steer clear from this site

OMG THE most annoying website, bar none! I don't know if it's just because I'm too far on the introvert scale but I can't stand this. Any time you sign on to do anything, it a.) throws you right into the middle of a speed date and b.), won't let you cancel. There's a popup saying that it will let you cancel, but if any of the alleged cancellation links work I couldn't find them, and the largest button is, of course, "Find me another speed date!" They shoved me into a speed date when I had merely clicked the link to alter my email preferences and hadn't even signed in. Speed is one thing, this is ridiculous. If you like ANY control over your dating experience, including when to start it, steer clear from this site!

• Go
            Golfer_Boy May 12, 2011

I wanted to try speed date.com for thirty days, and I was not allowed. So, I tried it for 90 days... Geez, I have a Masters Degree; and can't understand how I could be so stupid!! Anyhow, lesson learned $$$$... If I can stop even one person from that scam, then it's worth it... I got totally scammed; and you will to if you give one dime to that website!!

v/r
            Rocket Scientist

SpeedDate.com, Inc.False or misleading representation

SpeedDate.com, Inc. purchase process was so blatantly misleading that upon clicking on the Paypal link seller’s form disappeared and I was automatically led to seller’s main web page. I was not lead to a Paypal page and I did not give Paypal the permission to pay the seller nor did I agree to complete the transaction. The seller simply took the amount of money you wanted without my permission.

The price displayed on was 15.00 a month. I agreed to try for a monthy Then my paypal account was charged 191.40.

SpeedDate.com, Inc. purchase process was so blatantly misleading that upon clicking on the Paypal link seller’s form disappeared and I was automatically led to seller’s main web page. I was not lead to a Paypal page and I did not give Paypal the permission to pay the seller nor did I agree to complete the transaction. The seller simply took the amount of money they wanted without my permission and agreement.

• Ne
              Never Keep Quite Aug 23, 2011

Well before you pay, you can see the final amount, So it is your mistake not to check properly before clicking "Pay Now" . It is possible by any site and also you might have selected yearly subscription and lost your mind control looking at the photos of the girls there and excited to sign up to know them.

Speed Datesubscription

speeddate is such a scam, will not refund the money they took from my acct.i went too their web site and accidenyly hit the subscribe button my mistake, called the following day and was told by a person named Gene that all they could refund was $30. from the $191. i was charged. i tried very hard too reason with him and he even acknowleged that it was a mistake on my part that SD would not do a complete refund. This was very disappointing and will change my debit card # so that they can not get more from my acct. i will tell others online about this and warn any person that SD is very bad...

Speed Date — misleading charges

Misleading charge, you think its .99 cents a month, but really its $191.40 and they wont give you your money...

Speed DateIdentity Theft

SpeedDate is using my identity (which does not exist on their site any more) and all the contacts at my email address
              to do their advertising. They send out invitations to join their site using my profile and my photo as if it is me sending out the invitation. It caused a lot of grieve.

How can i stop them and how can one take legal action against them?

• Ph
                  PhoebeL Dec 31, 2010

Many (if not all) social networking sites give their members/visitors the option to invite friends -- from their addressbook -- to join their services. This is a common business practice and entirely legit. It require that you (the visitor/member) provide the service both your email address (they otherwise don't know you) and the password to that email account. No one's cracking into your email without your permission. More likely, you wanted to check out the service, filled in the fields presented (to look for your friends) without paying attention to the permission you were giving.

• Ze
                  Zed350 Nov 05, 2010

How can you stop them if your profile doesn't exist anymore like you said?

Speeddate.com — SCAM billing did not subscribe to it

I did not subscribe to Speeddate.com. I have received my bank statement and have a charge on my checking...

Speeddate.comidentity theft

Be careful who you meet on speeddate.com There are plenty of young girls or pretending to be girls asking you to join a webcam site. Then they use your info to charge you card. They steal your identity etc.. Here are some names that i caught. HayleyCole 21 years old, Barbara02 23 years old. Just watch out for the young cute ones. Ask if they are cam girls and if they don't answer than most likely they are.

Andrew81 Feb 07, 2011

I think it is a scam. They said they were billing for one month, but then charged me for one year.

RondoRapone Jan 22, 2011

When I told SpeedDate that I was willing to pay for one month, but I'd like a refund for 11 months, they told me that THEIR POLICY DOES DOES NOT ALLOW REFUNDS!!! So, I filed a complaint with the FCC on 12/15/10. Let's see what the FCC HAS TO SAY! EVERYONE WHO HAS A COMPLAINT AGAINST SPEEDDATE MUST FILE A CLAIM WITH THE FCC.

RondoRapone Jan 22, 2011

The Speeddate website is committing FRAUD! You THINK you're paying for a one-month subscription, BUT THESE CROOKS ARE MAKING YOU PAY FOR 12 MONTHS IN ADVANCE!!! I DON'T PAY ANYONE 12 MONTHS IN ADVANCE!!! YOU'D HAVE TO BE INSANE TO DO THAT!!!

YOU NEED TO FILE A CLAIM WITH THE FCC WHICH I ALREADY HAVE DONE.

Speeddate.com — It is full of scammers (Mostly from Ghana and the UK) and they care nothing about their subscribers!!!

speeddate.com is a complete waste of money!!! They are a service connected with Facebook... It is full of...