Having problems with SpeedDate?

SpeedDate reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 13, 2009. The latest review Worst experience I've ever had!! was posted on May 12, 2016. The latest complaint Unauthorized charges was resolved on Jan 06, 2014. SpeedDate has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 31 reviews. SpeedDate has resolved 11 complaints.

SpeedDate Customer Service Contacts

San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SpeedDate Customer Service. Initial SpeedDate complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for SpeedDate above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about SpeedDate. Discuss the issues you have had with SpeedDate and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

SpeedDate Complaints & Reviews

Speed DateWorst experience I've ever had!!

These people stole my money. After I signed up they asked my credit card details and I gave them all the information! That was so foolish of me and I admit that it was my mistake. But when I joined SpeedDate I thought it was a nice place and I never smelled a scam! But then they charged my card without my permission and stole over $100 from me!! Tried to contact them but there was no answer. The next week they took another $100 from my!! Contacted my bank and blocked SpeedDate. Stay away!!

Speed DateUnauthorized credit card

I am not sure who do it but some how they know my credit information and just summit my credit card into the www.speeddate.com without my permission and I just found out when I got the email alert with amount withdrawn and I decided to go online to check my bank statement and it showed that it was speed date It is charging me fee of $1.99 and I have no clue who stealing my information and summit it so I would pretty much have no clue what username and password for it and I would like it to stop now and I want my refund back as soon as possible and I want you to please find out and tell me who used my credit card information and with name and picture and IP address because I already have someone and I would never use your speed date website... so please resolved this issue and get back to me

Unauthorized credit card

Speeddate.comUnethical behaviour

I decided to join the web site speeddate.com (10/17/15) for only one month $31.09 including the .99 cent verify. I completed my profile and everything seem to be going fine I was able to see others profile. Then I logged out to go to the store, when I tried to log back on, it didn't let me log in. Every time I submitted my correct email and password I kept getting "invalid username or password". I send speeddate.com my email thinking I had forgotten my password but I never got an email back from them. Yea I got ripoff there's no other words for it. So basically they stole money from me because they didn't commit to their advertisement, this is a crime. I can only which the better business bureau would take a hard look at this site (speeddate.com) and file criminal charges. I've never had to pay for any services like this one but I thought I give it a try since I had broken up with my girlfriend. Now I don't know if can trust any other dating site. DO NOT JOIN SPEEDDATE.COM PLEASE!!! safe your money.

Speed DateOn line dating

A guy. . . Gary johnsonn. . . [protected]@gmail. . . Dont beleve him. . . Just a scam. . . Ya all need to check out these potential daters!!! Ya all are letting innocent people get hurt. And i want off this site i keep trying to get into my acct. . . I forgot password cant get into reset it i best not find my pcture or info put anywhere i want off this site now.

Speeddate.com — Perminder Shankar

I registered with Speedate.com I think in September 2014. I subscribed for 3 months and the charges quoted...

Leicester

Speeddate.comRip off

I went on Speed date once or twice out of curiosity and nothing more. I got a message that I had mail and if I paid 99 cents I could read the mail, there was no mail.This all happened sometime around May 2014 then on Aug.1, 2014 they hit my Government credit card for 155.40 within 47 minutes of my SSDI deposit. Not only did they steal the money they locked up my acct. and I couldn't access it. They either managed to change my password or made so many attempts to do so that they locked it up. I did my research and found they are owned by a company called IAC who owns 27 companies, one of them being Match.com which is also a scammer website. I have filed with the BBB, FBI IC3, my State Attorney General and FTC. I would advise anyone else to do the same thing and contact their mother company, IAC and every dept. there that has a email address. Don't bother to call, they just laugh at you. If you contact speed date you get very patronizing emails from them as if they are trying to help you but they are not. They say that I checked a box for a subscription, I did not. I am on limited income and couldn't and wouldn't do that. Please don't let these scammers get away with this, fight back.

• Ke
              Kearstin Jun 23, 2015

Can. Someone please give their phone number???? I did NOT sign up and I got $19 taken out of my account!

Speed Date.comName change & / or cancellation

To begin with, they didn't have an area for submitting a website name when logging in, so I had to put my real name in the log in space. I didn't think they would actually put my real name on the website.
            When I saw my real name and age in large print, I realized that everyone in this small town who knows me would know that I am
            on a dating site. I haven't even joined, so there is no money involved. I only wanted to browse.
            I first tried to delete it and also tried to unsubscribe, but nothing happened. I then sent an email to them asking them to please
            change my real name to the website name of my choice, which was Rusty.
            I have since changed my mind and would like them to change my name to Frankie99Fun which is the name I am using on a couple
            of other dating websites for browsing.
            I emailed them close to a week ago, and they have done nothing except to keep asking me to subscribe and to upload a photo of
            myself and post photos of potential men for dating.
            Could you help me to either get them to change my real name to my website name or else get me off the website completely.
            There are other things that I don't like about this website also, so I would prefer to cancel. They won't let me cancel.
            I'm hoping that you will be able to help me. If I can't get my name off the website, there are some people who will cause me trouble
            if they should happen to see it.

Thanking you in advance for your time and trouble.

Audrey

Andpenright Aug 09, 2017

It does look impossible to change names. No warning was given. The edit profile doesn't work for user name.

• Ev
                Evagoblin Aug 23, 2015

Audrey, are you married, and that's why there would be trouble.

Speed DateCharging my credit card without authority

I joined speeddate over a year ago and paid the fee for a one year membership. I decided not to continue and cancelled my membership. Some months ago they started debiting my credit card with monthly fees of $13.34. I have revisited the site to remove my credit card details but they provide no avenue to access and change this information. To date they have charged me $40.02 which I expect I will be unable to recover but I need help to stop this recurring charge continuing.

• Janice Hazlett Apr 02, 2016

I just got the email alert that I was being charged so when I went online to check my bank statement to see what it was I was very upset because I never went on it and I have no clue who been stealing my credit card information and use it for speed date site so I agree so whoever is doing this is scamming everyone by stealing there credit card information and submit it in with there own username and password and I I hope they get caught real soon...

• Pa
                  pammy31 Oct 13, 2014

i have 2 charges on my bank statement from this site and i have never ever been on this site and didnt even know it existed i will be investigating this n contacting the people i need to to find out what legal action i can do to file a report and charge these thefts.

• Do
                  Donna2960 Mar 10, 2013

Steer clear of this site! I decided to join and now can't find a way to cancel my paid membership. I am hopeful that I don't end up with a bunch of charges like some of the others who have filed complaints.

• Di
                  Diane Lum Feb 04, 2013

I received a unathorized charge on my Visa for $29.95. this amount is to be taken off and CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY

• Ba
                  Barbieus Jan 14, 2012

WHO DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE??? IF YOU GET CHARGED GO BACK TO THE CREDIT CARD THAT YOU HAVE THE CHARGE ON..MAYBE WE CAN STOP THEM THIS WAY.

Speeddate.comUnauthorized charges

I finally got thru on the phone with speed date .com. Apparently they got ahold of my personal info and credit information, and charged me for there service. They told me that they can't reverse the charge for 29.99 because its already charged and they don't give refunds. I could probably could understand that if I would have order it, but I didn't. The only way I found out was my girl friend was going threw my bank statements, checking for all the Xmas charges.. Which we are a couple and that's what we do. Now it raised a big red flag about the charge, not only about the money, but what the hell am I doing on a dating site. Now if this isn't enough Bull ###., are future is pretty uncertain right now. The only good thing that happen was that she sat down and was reading the complaint blog about speed date. She came around and believes me that its nothing but a big rip off. I'll tell you one thing if I would have lost her, there would have been a big, big lawsuit. thanks to speed date for them being a bunch of greedy Son of B*****s and not taking care of there customers, I'm off the hook. Just one more thing, your suppose to bring people together, not tear them apart.

Speeddate.comMembership

I joined for just ONE MONTH and they automatically charged my checking account for 12 months!!! At $155.40...
                  I IMMEDIATELY THAT SAME SECOND CALLED THEM AND I SPOKE TO A "ROY" and I was livid !!! He said "I'm sorry it can not be reversed, however I will placed on the system NOT TO RENEW AFTER 12 months "...
                  So I get my bank statement dated 11-15-13
                  And it stated in print "RECURRING"...????
                  I work for this bank and "RECURRING" means it will continue to collect!!!
                  So the ###ER ROY really didn't notate their records!!! Because otherwise
                  It would not say "recurring "...
                  I can try to block them in the future ...
                  However, MY BIGGEST COMPLAIN IS ...
                  All the inquiries i get from this site are ###,
                  LOW LIFE, NASTY OLD MAN, TEENAGERS SHOWING THEIR NAKED BODIES!!!
                  I have NOT ONE YET THAT I EVEN DARE TO DATE!!!
                  I let it go for two weeks hoping it will tone down but IT GOT WORSE!!!
                  So I called ...several times left messages to the customer service...
                  ZERO Response!!!
                  Who ever is reading this...
                  PLEASE LETS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY!!!
                  THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN!!!
                  And REFUND OUR MONIES!!!

Speeddate.comSigned me up without my permission

My personal information - outdated information apparently taken from my Facebook page - appeared on Speeddate. I had to use the "forgot password/username" function to gain access in order to deactivate the account. Since I never signed up I think it's likely that the company did it in an attempt to have more user-generated content and to inflate their numbers. The first email I received from the company, to my knowledge, was when I deactivated the account. Not good.

Speeddate.com — Fraud

scammer on the site who is preying on women. He is conning them out of money and possibly kidnapping them. He...

Speeddate.com — Bots as Users, Site crashes and stops loading

He is completely correct on this I wish I would have read the reviews first. This site is a huge scam. They...

Speeddate.comMisuse of Identity

To Whom It May Concern,
                      I am Chis McCullers' wife, Sabre McCullers. My husband and I have found the use of his identity (including a photo) on a website called Speeddate.com, with a profile set up. The profile has a very old photo with some current information on my husband.
                      I would like to make a complaint on this company, and have the profile removed immediately because the profile was never created by either of us.
                      Thanks,
                      Sabre McCullers

• Hu
                          hugh jazz Nov 26, 2012

I have never been to their website, yet got billed 2 seperate times on 11/26/2012 for $ 29.95 for a total of $59.90.
                          my bank gave me speeddates phone number [protected], when I called the number they said they were having technical difficulties that i should contact them by email [email protected] response so far ...
                          Its a shame so close to christmas and a thief takes 60 dollars from me and my family...the bank cancelled the account and is sending me a new card, untill than everything is frozen, I cant touch my money and have to wait 5 - 10 days untill my card comes...thanks (###) oddley the same thing happened today from match .com my bank gave me their number and they said they would refund...and i never visited their site either but at least match.com had people to talk to...###in thieves, if I dont here something soon their will be hell to pay for ###in up my holiday...thieves

Speed DateMisleading charges

I wanted to subscribe for 1 month to spdeeddate.com . The fee for a 1 month membership seems like $26.99 on their web page. I filled out the credit card details and approved the application for a 1 month membership. Just after finalising the process I got an SMS from my bank which mentions that $161.94 charged by speeddate.com. I was shocked and submitted a request to the company in order to cancel my membership and make them refund my money. However, they did not even answered my request. By misleading charges this company steals money from people.

Speeddate.comProbably the worst dating website out there

I signed up for a one-month...guess what? They billed me for a year. I said...what-the-hell, and tried it for about three months, off and on. It's one of the worst-rendered websites I've seen; probably the worst dating website out there. It's slow. It's clumsy. It's annoying. So on July 19, 2011 I wrote to cancel, but unfortunately, that was three days after my anniversary date and they auto-renewed me. When I called to ask for a refund, the CSM said that they were "unable of offer" a full refund. When I cordially suggested that SD remove its auto-renew feature, I was told that "a lot of sites do that". If you haven't subscribed to SpeedDate...DON'T! I've met a lot of wonderful people through PlentyOfFish.com, and it's absolutely free.

Speeddate.comMoney taken out of credit card every month since April without my authorization $39.95

I have registered with Speeddate.com for a month for $39.95, just to try. In May I started traveling and never visited the site or the service. Today when I am back in the city, after checking my mail I realised they took 39.95 on 9th Aug.I called Citibank immediately and got to know that they are taking the money out every month since march. I have never agreed to renew my subscription or received any payment/renewal confirmation from the company. What a rip off! never realized that could happen to ME as well. Citibank wants to investigate but i am not very optimistic after speaking to the guy from the customer service. Is there anybody who can help me?

Nobody should join this SpeedDate.com !!!

• Jj
                                jj_11 Sep 25, 2011

I with Bert_12180
                                you do deserve that for being stupid enough to send someone you don't even know money
                                come on how stupid are you?

Speeddate.comBad Billing Practices

This site is a total scam. They lead you in with an offer of $15/month but then they charge you for a full year of service. Then they don't tell you that they wont refund anything until it's too late. They don't post their address or any information on the company because of their bad practices. This company should NOT be in business. The site is full of scammers and thieves. Stay away at all costs. It's not worth it.

Speeddate.comThis company took $190.40 out of my credit card!

Well first off I enrolled in speeddate.com they told me that they would give me 30% off so only $15.00 or $15.95 a month. So I enrolled well guess what? I my visa credit card got charged $190.40! Because its the annual fee. I thought that I was only being charged monthly not yearly???????? And you all think thats it? No! here comes the worst part. Well I can't recieve emails from other people cause when I open emails it says that I need to be a premium subscriber and I called them and told them about my situation and guess what?? They said that I wasn't subscribed to their service because they didn't recieve any payment from me! I called my credit card company and they told me that they did charge my credit card! So I called them again and I was waiting on the line and since everybody was available I got a recording to leave my message. So I'm going to call tomorrow to this company and Raise my voice to them! No one messes up with me! I'm definetly going to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision!

• We
                                    Wes40 Aug 24, 2011

Hey

I simply went to facebook and thier app came up and before i knew i they had taken 191.00 out of checking account. I had used their site earlier this year but only for a month i did not like it. I also tried to cancel it but did not work. They still have all my credit card info. I will have to get a new card. My bank was no help either.:(

• We
                                    Wes40 Aug 24, 2011

Hello

I simply went to facebook and their app came up and i did not agree to pay anything but later i was charged 191.oo

Speed Date — misleading charges - billed all at once not monthly

I believe that Speed Date is very misleading about how they are billing their customers. I thought I had...