Speed Datemisleading charges

W

Misleading charge, you think its .99 cents a month, but really its $191.40 and they wont give you your money back even if you cancel right away.

• Al
    al schlumpberger Feb 04, 2013

yes they are the RIPOFF kings. the BBB don, t do anything to prohibit these A== HOLES from ripping people off. i also think they sell yr email, as i, ve been getting alot of JUNK email since they have mine. EVEN THO I, VE CANCELLED

• Bu
    Buludada Jul 25, 2011

I had the same issues. At once, I cancelled with them and forwarded complaint with the BBB. They're bunch of con artists and just don't listen to your complaints. The problem is really with the BBB, who seem to endorse this kind of behavior and did absolutely nothing with the complaint. In fact, the BBB reps states that they never received the complain email and went on to support these unethical businesses looting the consumers of thousands of dollars. Anyway, the rep used a parallel that was very shocking. She says, lots of email get lost that she sends to her family members and they don't complain...What's really frightening is BBB has given them a report and accolades that Mother Theresa (god rest her soul) would have difficult to compete. This is just another unethical business being supported by the BBB. They both should be tar and feathered - consumer capitalist of the Worst Kind.

• Cl
    clarence johnson Jun 02, 2011

Please let me know and I will do my part to stop these criminals.
    Classaction big time. Wow what is really going on with this site?
    Bad news.
    I sent a bunch of emails just saying hi to ladys and they would go to a totally different lady than the one I was emailing. I would have the picture up of the one I was trying to email and it said I was emailing Caryl and it sent it to patty and then to kim and then to someone else and then I tryed it with another one and it did the same thing, wow uncool.

• Cl
    clarence johnson Jun 02, 2011

They got me to. and now I email someone and it sends it to someone different and I did it like 7 times. wow this sucks big time. I was almost going to let the money thing go but now with this also they should be sued.
    People that shouldn't be getting my personal emails are getting them and it happened a lot.
    [email protected]

• Ar
    Armaverick Mar 01, 2011

Speed date should be removed from the internet. it is nothing more than a bunch of scam artists.
    I was luck enough to get aggravated at all there pop ups to get u yo to pay this $0.50 thing to get your photo in place, while completing their questionnaire, that I quit their site and started doing some research. finding that all of you and others are getting taken by their computer scheme.
    The U. S Attorney General should be looking at this company for Computer and Banking Fraud.

• Wp
    W. Phelps Feb 03, 2011

Well they probably don't even know they are on here advertising, it's the company they are paying. Its all about MONEY! this is how this sight makes money. My credit card company credited my account, but couldn't promise that it was a done deal yet. Thank you for the link I will go there.

• Ar
    Archaeo1 Feb 03, 2011

Speeddate is a criminal fraud conspiracy. In my case I clicked on the feedback button that took my personal & CC info off my computer and STOLE $191.40 from my account. In spite of all my complaints, they refuse to refund my money.
    How is it that it's legal for corporations to defraud American today. The system we pay for protects the criminal corporations.

Here is the link to the San Mateo DA's consumer fraud complaint form.
    Did anyone notice the link at the top of this forum page is for Speeddate.com - CRAZY!

• Wp
    W. Phelps Jan 19, 2011

Thank you for speaking out, I will go to BBB and file a complaint. As I am still trying to get my money back to.

• Ee
    EEEE JJJ Jan 19, 2011

I had the same thing happen to me that is happening to everybody. I agree to a 0.50 cents initial credit card check and then I see it is only $15.00 per month and think, what do I have to lose. Let's try it for a month. Then my credit card company's fraud department calls me and asks me if I allowed a charge of $191.40 for a dating service. At first I tell them that I never used my credit card for that purchase, but when they say, "the charge if for speeddating.com", I have to confess that I did visit that site, but I never agreed to that amount anywhere in my signing up. Then my credit card company tells me that I have to take it up with Speed Date COM and request my money back through them. So I have tried several times and not luck so far. I am filing a claim with BBB (Better Business Bureau). From there I will decide to take them to small claims court, depending on the outcome. I smell a class action lawsuit in the near future.

They are bate and switch artists.

They think they can obfuscate their banter as legal lawyers do.

This is the same strategies that politions use when they try to pass a 1000 page bill that nobody can read.

Speak out and file your claim. Wait for the outcome and if it is not in your favor, take them to small claims court!

Stand up for your right and practice your rights!

The next step is to file a class action law suit against this Ivy League scammers and get them closed down.

Visit: Better Business Bureau