Spectroniq32& PLTV-3250

M

Our Spectroniq 32 in. LCD was working fine when I went turned it off Saturday night. When I went to turn it on Sunday morning, the tv wasn't powering up. Cable is working. Plug in wall is working. Tried to plug it in another wall socket. Still no power. Power cord is in securely. TV was purchased in November of 2007. Haven't had a single problem with it until now. I tried to call Spectroniq & they say the number is out of my calling area. I was able to get to their website on Sunday and sent an email to their support department. Still have not heard back. Tried to get to their website today and it is not loading.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were they able to resolve it? Any information you can provide is appreciated.

• Bc
    bchipman40 Dec 20, 2008

I'm having the same problem and we have yet to find a solution, one day it was working fine then the next day no power, we did check there is power going to where the plug is hooked up, but nothing after that.

• Be
    benedict Dec 29, 2008

lcd tv picture went off .tv powred up but nopicture no sound

• Bb
    bbert Dec 30, 2008

We have the same problem. it has worked fine until wham. it turns on and off

• Pa
    Paul Harmon Feb 17, 2009

Same problem as above, no power to unit.

• Mo
    Monee Feb 17, 2009

I need a ac adapter cord for my TV...kids lost it...can anyone tell me where to find one! Can't find website either!!! WOW

• De
    Deb Mar 02, 2009

I had the same problem this morning Mar. 2, 2009. i have no idea what 2 do. Phone number 4 Spectronic customer service is always busy.

• Ri
    riverlong Mar 18, 2009

had same problem. did everything the book said to do for powershooting tips. tried to call company, no answer. couldn't find anything on internet for spectroniq. did find website called neco, that is supposedly connected to spectroniq. they only gave a long distance number which is in new york. called it and all I got was a message that repeated over and over again. finally called the store where the tv was purchase, and they informed me that they no longer carried this brand. they did give me a number to their service department, who then inform me that they don't repair them because spectroniq is no longer in business and that they cannot get parts for their products. So this is where I am today... still searching internet hoping for a miracle!!!

• Bo
    boyinusa Apr 05, 2009

my did the samething. no problom all at ones black.

• Lo
    Louie Apr 29, 2009

We purchased same tv on Dec of 2007 same problem turned it off and now it will not turn back on. Have called and called numbers in manual and no one answers. If anyone finds something please contact me at [email protected] that is a little J. Thank you

• Ru
    Rudy May 01, 2009

I bought a 42 inches last November black friday, and after fifteen days had a problem with the audio
    its on and off with a laud popping sound, got scared the TV might blow, mailed the warranty card and
    it came back after a week UNDELIVERABLE address. Now cant watch tv coz no more sound or audio.
    Don't know where to file a complain...can somebody help me if they're able to find some help? Please e-mail me at [email protected] yahoo.com. Thanks...

• Ca
    Cameron Brooks May 17, 2009

Have same issue. Was watching television and power went off and never came back on. Changed power outlet, checked to see if cable was seated, even replaced ac cable to see if it was the cable. Tried to call manufacturer and keeps hanging up. Tried to go to website and cannot be found. If anyone has solution, send me an email at [email protected]

• Lu
    Luis Octavio Alcantar May 18, 2009

Please a need a powuer suppli for my t.v. de model is Spectroniq PLTV- 3250 32 lcd tv
    Power suppli model is FSP194-3F01 ac input 100-240 v, 2.5 a, 50-60 Hz. please send how to buy this part to repair my t.v.
    Octavio Alcantar
    [email protected]

• Le
    Lena357 Jun 12, 2009

Wow. I had the same problem 2 weeks ago. Worked fine and bam no power the next day. I did all the troubleshoot. I purchase my TV 2007 as well. I am surprise there is not some resolution for us consumers by now. If anyone finds a solution, please post. I wonder if i could at least sell the TV for parts and recoup some money.

• Ke
    kendraH Sep 06, 2009

I'm having the same problem. Like many, many others, I to purchased a Spectroniq, PLTV 3250 LCD HDTV 32 inch Television. After having the television for 3 years it suddenly stopped working with no warning. No power lights red or green. The television completly died. One day is was working perfect and the next day I was unable to turn the television on. I tried calling the company for assistance and recieved a busy signal or recording. Based on blogs and complaints that I've read, its clear that this is a common defect that occurs in this model. I purchased my TV in August 06, as others purchased their televisions within the same time frame and are experiencing the same issues 3 years later. It seems as if this television built with a 3 year life expectancy. Is there anything we can do?

• Jj
    JJ from Beaverton, OR Sep 27, 2009

I bought my spectroniq 720 hdtv through the home shopping network on tv, Shop NBC to be exact. I won't be buying anything from them anymore. I got two of these piece of junks for the price of one and one worked perfectly, the other, it would turn to blue screen that would read "dtv". I called Shop NBC and they said that I would have to ship it back to them and that I would have to pay for shipping. I told them that I shouldn't have to pay for shipping and that was the extent of their help. I still have the same problem with that tv, but at least it works until the blue screen appears then I just hit the tv button and it will work fine until the blue screen pops up again. However, the other tv, the one that was working perfectly doesn't turn on anymore. As of yesterday, it's now a useless piece of junk. Word to the wise, don't buy from tv shopping networks, especially Shop NBC.

• Da
    daowens Oct 05, 2009

I bought two Spectroniq 32 in tv, the same model as the complainer. When I took them to the TV repairman. They said they had two more that came in. They have not been able to find parts for my TV, they said it is a piece of junk, and I should throw it away. These TV are less then two years old, and I paid over $1, 700.00 for them on from the online HSN on tv. I am angry that I was taken, and made a fool of. It make me not want to buy another flat screem tv, and will not buy any tv from HSN again.

• El
    Elliot Teal Nov 11, 2009

Dude my T.V. died last week doing the same thing and every number i get or web adress is non-working im seriously pissed because im only 15 and i cant afford to fix it or get another t.v. we got it as a gift and now my xbox 360 elite i saved up for for over 2 and a half years is worthless because i have no t.v. and my family cant help me out financially
    they better hope i don't get ahold of them plz let me know if you find a working number or site because i have legal pursuit

• El
    Elliot Teal Nov 11, 2009

i would also like the places where these were purchased plz so that i may see if there is a trend this will help me out alot thank you

• Th
    The_Heat Dec 03, 2009

Elliot,

I have 2 of these TV's. The one went just like everyone else and I purchased a new power supply online for $30 or $40. My other one just went so I have to do that one now. It is easy to do if you have any technical ability. Just do a search online for your Model number and power supply and you wioll find several suppliers - watch the price though, some are high but there are a few that are pretty reasonable. I don't remember where I ordered the last one from, I am still looking for the paperwork.

• Bm
    bmw5 Dec 13, 2009

Dude my T.V. died last week doing the same thing, where can I find the parts everyone keeps saying that they have found the parts on line where waht web site...
    Spectronic LCD PLTV-3250

• St
    stalter Jan 26, 2010

I am having the same problem!!! Before I went to work TV was fine. Tried to turn it on when I came home and no power!!Cannot reach company.

• Le
    lewis I. Lett May 27, 2010

I bought a Spectroniq pltv 3250 with 32 in screen, while watching a program the tv went black, no power can not get anyone to repair it, something about power supply failed, no one has parts and company seemingly went bankrupt Lewis

• De
    dewitt9 Sep 11, 2010

9/11/10 mine just blacked out on me too. i had this tv for 3 years. i wiil not never buy a tv from a shopping network again. i guess i will pull it off the wall and junk it.

• Ra
    Ranger2010 Sep 15, 2010

I also had the same problem. Turned it off one day, couldn't turn it on the next. I just found this info today as I was looking for a power supply for that model. Try ramplus.com the power supply # should be "fsp194-3f01 and the phone # is 866-554-9925. It's easy to replace but I'm not sure it's worth the gamble that the replacement power supply will do the same thing in 3 yrs or less.

• Ra
    Ranger2010 Sep 28, 2010

Just replaced this power supply and this Spectroniq 32" PLTV-3250 works again ! It was easy to replace and since the TV cost between $500 and $600, it was worth fixing.

• Wi
    Winbeger Sep 28, 2010

My power supply is down after 3 years in the Spectroniq 32" PLTV-3250

Where its possible to by an other power supply?

Do you know an url for this part,

Thanks a lot

Andre

chuck r Dec 27, 2010

470 mf and 220mf capacitors in 5v fail taking out Q1 power transistor p4nk60zfp i need a replacement or cross reerence # Chuck

• Ta
    tanya badgett Jun 05, 2011

i have a portable dvd player pdv-700. several yrs old. hardly ever used.. went to use it and the battery pack had busted open on one side... very disappointed. not able to find replacement battery or contact spectroniq for answers... battery should not seperate from being in package in drawer in home while not using product...

• Sh
    Shorty619 Apr 29, 2014

The problem is the power supply may have a bad capacitor have some body check it

• Sh
    Shorty619 Apr 29, 2014

Power supply guys go online with the part number u can find different company's the make the power supply like protron lcd tv is the same parts

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices