SpaLadyContract ABUSE

I am writing on behalf of my friend Stephanie Garcia, who enrolled at Spa Lady a year ago. She signed a 3 year contract. She was not aware of the personal training closure which would make it difficult for her to cancel her contract later. She was living in Edmonton as a temporary resident due to her husband's work visa. They received a letter from immigration that stated they had to leave Canada and re-apply for their work permit from their home country. She asked me to help her call to see if she could cancel her membership, we called international fitness holdings and we were made aware that the cancellation fee was $150.00 which she did not have a problem with; but then the lady mentioned that Stephanie had also signed a personal trainer contract and that in order to cancel that it would be an additional $500.00. Stephanie explained to me that when she signed up at spa lady she never knew about any additional personal trainer, in fact Stephanie barely speaks English -hence why she has asked me to write to you regarding this situation- The lady on the phone, believe her name was Carrie?, suggested we contact the manager of the gym where Stephanie signed up and explain to her the situation to see if she could waive the fees because the personal trainer fee had nothing to do with International Fitness Holdings. I called the Heritage location and asked to speak to the manager, I explained to her Stephanie's situation and even asked if instead of cancelling we could put the payments on hold until she comes back because she only had to leave for a month or two. The manager became very rude and actually hung up the phone on me. This is no way to treat clients, especially when it is a manager acting this way. I went over to the Heritage branch in person and got her name, Jenneke DelCol. I suggest this lady takes more customer service training because she definitely did not deal with this issue in a professional manner. Stephanie cannot speak English, she does not hold a job in Canada and has been attending English lessons. We can provide proof of her English level from her English instructors. The contract she signed was vitiated consent and she was not fully aware of what she was signing. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

• Ce
    Cecilia Moreno Jul 28, 2016

My daughter had the same problem with the same lady Jennike Del Col. My husband wanted to know why spa lady discount certain quantity of money from his credit card when my daughter was not able to go to continue her training in Spa Lady. I did not understand either. He called spa Lady and the receptionist pasted the phone call to the sales manager or fitness consultant, Jennike del Col... 1- We could not understand her attitude about the situation, very arrogant, and rude. My husband was really angry. I decide to call again, try to explain the situation, but was the same attitude from this lady. She missed lots of information. She told me my daughter does not have the membership ( was not true the membership end in 2017), she tried to push us to cancelled our membership ( I have one too), this situation was completely disappointing and frustrating coming from a place that I considered nice, and where you want to have fun. In conclusion, I decided to go to the Spa Lady in Northgate and try to find correct information and try to understand what happened. Northgate was completely different, any piece of information was clear, the person who explained me the situation was really great. I was in shock why a person with this kind of work, where she has to treat people with different kind of health or feeling has to be arrogant, and rude. In my opinion, she has to take an extra course about customer service, the Spa Lady in West Edmonton mall with this kind of worker really is doing bad. So sad for others workers ant trainers in the place because the majority of them are really professional and great.

• Yo
    yogagirl87 Nov 14, 2013

Jenneke is awful she's racist and stuck up, so no wonder there was no understanding from her. I completely agree with you and Spaladysupport's comments just reflect the kind of arrogant service this gym provides. How dare they talk about ethics, THAT'S NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Sp
    Spalady support Apr 26, 2012

Interesting as we all know there are always two sides to a story and somewhere in between lies the truth. Spalady has a verification process which ensures that even after signing a contract the member verifies that the individual clearly understands the cancellation process. As well the member is asked to initial where it states with personal training that there are no refunds with personal training. Isn't it interesting that while busy judging others skeletons will fall out our your own closet.